[Snowpocalypse] Slash and Burn (H 4.6)

edited April 2014 in Snowpocalypse
To Hadden:

You find Slash as he's walking back to Hamlet. He's been hunting on the surface of the lake, has a few birds that he shot. He sees you walking up, waits until you're walking with him. "What's up, bro?"

You're a few minutes from your front door, walking through the tunnels on the way.

Comments

• From Hadden:

I feel a little like I'm being watched, looking over my shoulder once. "Slash, man! Some nice birds there, bro. Need a hand dressing them?" I lower my voice when we're closer. "I got big shit happening. I want to bring you in. Lemma and me are building a new place." Haven? Underhill? New Lemmaston? "And there's another thing gonna go down soon." I give him a significant look.
  • To Hadden:

Slash grins at the compliment, "Yeah, sure. You know I was gonna make Lash do it, but you wanna dress em, that's mag." He hefts the birds up to show them off. You see a snow owl among the darker birds, one looks like a falcon.

"Another thing?" Slash asks in a lower tone. "Is this... a family thing?" He stops walking, looks around, then pulls you down a side passage. "Tell me what the what."
  • edited April 2014
    From Hadden:

They look big enough to be good eatin, I betcha. No bats, which is good. The little bastards got too many bones just to eat. Almost not worth it. Tindy would make stock. "Sure, Lashfight's got shit to do, I'm sure." Maybe she'll warm up a little bit if I do some of her chores.

Low, intense. "Yeah, bro. It's a family thing. We gotta plan how to get people to safety without tipping him off. He's going down, for true."
  • Slash thinks on it for a second. "Well, we could lure him out with promise of a grab. Like the north mines, or weak prey. Something to get him exposed. Because you know he's a homebody with the threats all around."
  • From Hadden:

That's smegging brilliant. I could kiss him. "I'm forest for the trees, man. Get him and his lickspittles away from Hamlet, from the fam. Tell a couple the guys to get sick and stay home if needed." I purse my lips and feel worried, some of it comes through so he can see, thinking about what mom said. "But mom. He's gotta go down, publicly, or he's martyred." I tap my fingers against the tunnel ice wall, near to where someone's carved a shelf and a cupholder.

"We have some days before the thunder comes. After we get these birds dressed, you and me, let's go see Lemma." I clap him on the back, brother.
  • To Hadden:

Slash gives the slimmest of nods when you compliment him. He pulls up the birds and the pair of you head towards the house. He asks you quiet, "How's Tindy?"

Does he know about you and her?
  • From Hadden:

That Slash, so modest. I remember a time he bagged so many birds he ran out of arrows. Never once bragged about it at table, just that little decisive nod of his. We're different, but alike.

Yeah, he knows. He's my bro. Slash has a steady, Gingerbread, so I'm pretty sure he never took Tindy up on her offers.

I answer him quiet, "Alone. Lonely. Worried about the future. She was barely the same person, bro. I promised her I'd spring her."
  • To Hadden:

"Tall order." Slash says. "Mims loves Tindy, but you knew it would come to this, and Mims is all for the punishment." He gives you a significant look, "She will fight you on it. I mean... Tindy is preggers, and limp dick is firing blanks, so..."
  • From Hadden:

"Don't I know it." I walk for a bit, thinking. "Could hold a shotty up his bunghole 'til he pardons her. Maybe I'll sit on the throne and change Underlake law. I'll figure something out. Maybe just a grandbaby change her 'tude."

No matter what the what, it won't be easy.
  • Slash nods, like all those options are gravy to him. The shotty one is his fave.

You come up to the door, open it up, not locked (again).

Inside is Lashfight, toking up with... well, with Silica. Please go here