[LAM Session 1] Lali 2, Humberto 2

edited February 2015 in LA Monsters
Well Lali, Marina came in to the Biology lab a little late, which is quite unusual for her, but what's perhaps more odd is that she walked straight up to Miss Hayes, and had a brief, but passionate conversation. Who's your lab partner in Bio?

Comments

• edited January 2015

I keep an eye on Marina and Miss Hayes, but get the lab form ready. Eventide's already got hers out, and she's doodling crosses and knives on the back. She actually kind of likes the fact that I do not know or care who her brother is, and she seems to enjoy the bloody parts of biology lab, so that's something. She does keep saying, "I wonder what I look like on the inside?" though. I haven't said, "There's only one way to find out," yet, but I might.
  • edited February 2015
    imageMarina and miss Hayes keep discussing something in a hushed tone, when Eventide looks up from her lab paper, looks you square in the eyes, and says, "You don't have to say it you know... I can sense it — the look in your eyes — you like the sight of blood. Marina wants to be a doctor when she graduates, but she couldn't handle the real gore that comes with that... She just wishes she could."

She goes back to doodling, this time skulls and "she'd better be careful what she wishes for... She walks the razor's edge, playing with a darkness she doesn't understand. Sometimes the darkness comes out from nowhere and grabs you — pulls you down deep into the depths of suffering and misery. If she teases that darkness too long, she may find herself consumed by it." Something about the pattern she's drawing looks familiar to you... You never would have recognized it, if not for your extensive training by your "aunt" and "uncle". She's drawing something ancient, and powerful. What is it, Lali?

Eventide's tendency toward the dramatic is generally amusing to me, but my inclination to dismiss her theatrics is shaken a bit when I see that she is drawing a very precise, detailed rendering of one of the goetic seals from the Lesser Seal of Solomon. I'll have to look later, to be sure, but it is intended to invoke something very powerful.

"That's interesting, Eventide, your drawing. What is it?"
  • edited February 2015
    Lali, She looks down at her seal, and smiles. "Nothing. Just a little something I saw in a graphic novel..." She's lying.

Of course, you don't have time to test her on that, because a few moments later, Freddy calls out "Holy fuck! Miss?! Miss Hayes! Mandi's fuckin' cutting herself! Come quick!" The class is in an uproar. Mandi denies it, and bolts for the door. You spot Humberto enter the door frame, she slams into him. A second later, Mandi just... Disappears.

Humberto, you're on your way back from your little tryst, about to enter the door to Bio, when Mandi appears directly in your path, looking frantic. Her hands and neck are coated with blood, and she's not stopping. She slams into you, sending you a step back, and she stops. She looks up into your eyes, and as quickly as she appeared in front of you, she vanishes. You look down the halls, and there's nothing to be seen. She just disappeared into thin fucking air. Miss Hayes comes running after you, and pokes her head out into the hallway. She looks you square in the eyes, a little bit of panic bubbling through, "Humberto, this is very important, which way did Amandine go?"

What do you do?
    I don't even. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
    "Uhm, she went..." I turn and point down the closest hallway. As soon as she's gone, I'll duck into class.

Amandine... disappears? I'm surprised, of course, but it does make things much more clear. What are the chances that a vampire would end up sharing Home Room with a ghost? She seemed upset, not to mention messy.

As Humberto makes his way in and Miss Hayes leaves, I consider going to find little Mandi, but the mood of the room is intriguing. How will these people justify what they just clearly saw?
  • edited February 2015
    Berto, Miss Hayes bolts off down the hall, crying out for Mandi. Mandi doesn't answer. The class is buzzing when you walk into the room. The labs are at the back of the class, not exactly in direct sight of the door, but Marina, Lali, and Eventide saw it all plain as day. Marina's is all but on the floor. Eventide looks surprised too, but more impressed than shocked — like her world has changed, but not broken.

Marina comes up to you, "ay Dios mio! Did you fucking see that? What the fuck just happened, Berto?"

Lali, Most of the people were in the labs, so they're all talking about whether or not Mandi actually cut herself. Whether she's going to die or not. There's a grim morbidity to it all. Brad's treating it like a joke, trying to console a distraught Freddy, "she doesn't have the balls to kill herself, man. No worries! She probably faked it to get back at you. Even if she did, she probably fucked it up. Men are better at it." He's referencing a George Carlin skit. Boys his age are basically broken records of things they like that they've seen on YouTube.

Brittany is chatting with Seth, "where do you think she goes? Like, is she blowing the principal or something?" Seth doesn't look overly amused. He got up, and craned his neck to the door, trying to figure out what just happened. He looks overly interested in the subject.

Eventide, though, she goes back to her doodling. Cool, and collected. "Speaking of walking the razor's edge... Who's your friend?"
    I look at Marina and shake my head. I'm not sure what the hell to say. "I saw her in the hall, she was like covered in blood and shit. What the hell happened while I was gone?" Man, I could have fucked Liz again, shit. Nobody's going to remember me being gone too long now.
  • Marina crosses her arms, like a chill just creeped up her, and looks back over to Freddy and his lab table. "I don't know! She was over with Freddy or something, and I was trying to get Miss Hayes to let me and Amandine switch so I could be partners with my boyfriend, and then Freddy screams out she fucking cut herself or something, and she fucking flips, like she's some psycho bitch, or something." She shakes her head, "something wasn't right with that bitch. I fucking sensed it the minute that bitch came in our fucking class. I'm psychic like that, you know."
    Marina's "I'm psychic" bullshit gets a look from me. I squint at her a second, I'm sure she knows what I'm thinking, so I don't say it aloud. I look back at Freddie. "Yo man, what the hell? She's a little weird, but making her cut? That's shitty."

I start to answer Eventide. "She's not really my fr..." Then the rich, familiar smell of blood, Amandine's blood, hits my nostrils, and I stop. I look at the drops on the floor near Freddie, on the desk. My nostrils flare.
  • Oh Lali, you're drawn to that blood, aren't you? When's the last time you've fed? Was it back in the locker room with Mandi? Are you going to be able to resist going over and having a little taste?

Berto, Freddie was not in a state to deal with this, and calling him out on that just makes matters worse. He stands up, his face burning red, and screams at you. "Fuck you, asshole! You think I made her cut herself? What kind of a backwards ass, abusive fucking redneck family do you come from, blaming me for her fucking crazy?"
    Oh shit. It is on. "Listen, you little puta." I say as I start towards him. "I'm going to fuck you up now." I'm going to punch him in the mouth, calling me a redneck.
  • Holding Steady

(Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 2, 4. Total: 8)
  • I'll keep my cool. For now at least.

I let the little pissing match between the boys distract me. Humberto does have a certain charm when he's applying force to a situation.
    Lashing Out:
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 2. Total: 5)

+1 XP
  • edited February 2015
    Berto, you smack him square in the jaw, and the look of shock on his face is matched only by the rage in his eyes. He dives for you, and you scuffle. Hard. You take a few blows to the face, and give a few yourself. It's pretty evenly matched — he's pretty built, all things considered. After a few seconds of fighting, you feels someone getting between you, and screaming at both of you to, "HEY! HEY! BREAK IT UP!" Eventually, Freddie backs off, and the brown haired woman pushes you both apart...

It's Marina. Once she's got you both apart, you feel a sharp sting on your cheek, and hear the loud CLAP of her hand against your cheek. Your face goes red hot where her hand it you. "Don't you ever lay a fucking hand on my boyfriend, you hear me Humberto? I will fuck you up!" She turns back to Freddie, and pushes him back, "and you! What the fuck! Who fucking raised you to fight like that in school? Don't be a fucking dumbass, Freddie!"

Freddie still looks pissed, but Marina's words have calmed him a bit. "This isn't over, Berto," he calls back, pointing at you accusingly. "You keep your bitch mouth shut about me! I didn't do nothing!"

OOC: Berto, take 1-harm.

Lali, so that escalated quickly... Staying quiet?

I do that quiet clapping thing, from golf. "What a display of machismo and skill! Will you wrestle next, or will it be the tango?"
    "Fuck both of you." I spit out. I want to rub my face, I know it's got a nice Marina-sized print on it. That bitch is gonna pay. I stalk back to my seat. I cannot wait to see Officer Ramos. I want her fucking hair to fall out.
  • edited February 2015
    Lali, Humberto comes and takes a seat at the lab bench next to you. Marina brings Freddie back over to his his lab bench, and they get into a hushed whisper, discussing something seemingly important. Not before she gave you a dirty look for antagonizing them.

Berto, you huff over to your desk, which is a lab bench at the back of the room next to Lali's. Todd is sitting at the bench opposite yours, and he leans over and whispers, "You alright, man?"
  • edited February 2015
    "Yeah." I say, trying to play it off. I look over at him. "Yeah, didn't hurt. Freddie's a real fucker, though." Marina and Freddie both, but I know better than to talk shit about a girl. I glance over at Abby. And Chase.
  • Berto, Todd brushes the jab off, knowing you're not going to care too much about the guy having just gotten in a brawl with him. "He can be, yeah... Your lip's bleeding a bit. It might swell up, if you don't get some ice on it."

Abby and Chase are sitting there, talking to themselves, like they're trying to decide how they feel about all this. Eventually they lean back, and Chase asks, "so what happened dude? Where did she go? Did you get a good look at what happened?"

Perhaps a little overdue, but here's the bio class layout. The door is at the bottom right.
    I look away, sigh, "I don't know, not really. I saw her, then she was gone. I would've thought it didn't happen, but then Miss Hayes came running up. She was bleeding real bad."

I ignore Marina and Freddie's whispering. I don't play these games of dirty looks and whispering. I do listen to Humberto and Todd. I ask Humberto, "I wonder how long Miss Hayes will be, looking for Amandine?" I look down at the lab sheet. "I suppose we'll still have to do the lab..."
    I give Lali a WTF look. "Heh, cat's away. We mice play. Nobody's gonna grade the work they didn't watch us do. That's wasted effort, si?"

Humberto gets a slow smile, and I reply with a little Spanish. We'll see if he can keep up. "Si, bailan los ratones. ¿Quieres bailar, ratoncito?"

Shit. If the mice away, dancing tooth? Dammit.
    I laugh and nod, "Hah, good one, chica."

Ah, well. At least he didn't let it show on his face. "So, how precisely do the mice play in Los Angeles, Humberto?"
    I lean over towards her, offer a devilish smile, "They play with passion, Lali. Do you like a bit of passion?" She's really amazingly hot, bitch or no.

This boy is pretty. I wonder what he tastes like? "Oh, passion. Tch." I look away, then back. "Passion is so quickly spent. I prefer soul."
  • edited February 2015
    Soul? Does she mean black people? Or the soul soul?
    "Well, whatever you need, I'm sure I've got."

With Amandine's blood in my nostrils, I can't help but notice the pulse in Humberto's throat. "I'm sure you do, chico. I'm sure you do."
  • edited February 2015
    Damn, those eyes. Shit, Lali's looking at me like some choice piece of meat, and it's hot. I get up from my desk and walk over to her, holding her eyes, "You like what you see, Lali?" What if she's not really a primo bitch? I could most definitely be into that.

I wonder if I could turn her on?
    Turning Lali On:
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 6, 3. Total: 9)

Turning Humberto On:

(Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 3. Total: 5)
  • Take a string, 'Berto.
  • Hey Berto, which of the 7-9 Turn Someone On options would you like most out of Lali right now?
    While I'd love to have her give herself to me, I'll take a string instead. Later, my pretty lady. Later.
  • edited February 2015
    imageA few moments later, the vice principal comes into the class looking very distraught. Her name is Mrs. Thibault, and she's normally pretty collected. She closes the door, and says, "Alright guys, listen up. We don't know where your classmate went, but it's clear there's been a verbal altercation in here, and somebody may be hurt. We're going to dismiss the class, and I'm going to ask you all to take a long lunch to reflect on what happened here." She turns to Freddie, "Mister Wachovski, I'm going to ask you to come with me, please. You too mister Rivera."

Freddie immediately goes on the defensive, "but I didn't do anything!"

She shakes her head, "No buts, Freddie! You and mister Rivera were the last people to see miss Tally, and we need formal statements from you both. It's school policy."

He doesn't seem very happy... Berto, what do you do?

Lali, Eventide closes her notebook and starts packing up before Mrs. Thibault even finishes. "Wanna get lunch?" she asks you, stuffing her things into her backpack.
    I gave Freddie a "fuck you" grin when she called his name. Then she called mine.

Shit.

I pack up, head to the office.

I turn to Eventide. "Yes, lunch. Let's do that." I pack my own things neatly in my bag and stand.
  • == END SCENE ==