[LAM Session 2] Berto 4

edited March 2015 in LA Monsters
The week came and went without much further incident. Mandi never turned up again — or at least, not to you — and Brad seems to have let the issue slide with the authorities. Maybe it has something to do with Brittany being a whole new person of late. She's shown up to class with energy, and vibrance of a movie star. She even told Brad to fuck off the other day, for being a dick to her — which is probably why she came up to you and said, "we're cool. You can come to my party if you want."

Chase insisted you come with him, so he wouldn't feel weird showing up alone and pulling Eventide aside. Oh yeah, you also got a text from Officer Ramos:

To Berto, Heard you got an invite to blondie's party. Left you some Captain Morgan in your trunk. Share with Todd — he likes Rum and Coke.
Are you going to the party? If so, where do you want to pick up the scene?

Comments

• edited March 2015
    imageHumberto

Brit is cool with me? Great. That's just great. No, seriously.

Guess I'm going to the party. I'll let Liz know. We can double. Eventide and Chase? I never thought that would happen. I'll insist on driving, since I'll need to sneak in the Jack.

Let's pick up with the moment when I first see Todd. I'm curious how Liz is acting.
  • Todd is sitting in a circle with Brad, and three other guys from the skate park. They're laughing, and chatting about god knows what... One of them just stood up, and is imitating something from a movie they watched. They all look stoned.

Liz texted you back, happy that you were coming, and she screamed to announce your presence when you walked in the door. "HEY BERTO!" she calls, nudging Marina and Freddie in the process, "That's the boy I'm fucking!" She hops down off the kitchen counter, and makes her way over to you. Judging by her amble, she's on drink two or three. Buzzing, but not drunk. Abby came along, by the way. Feeling guilty for leaving Chase out of his element when pursuing romance. Liz walks right up to you, swings her arms around your neck, and plants a big kiss on you — right in front of Abby.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2015
    imageHumberto

Well, no use lying about it, since its totally true. I kiss her, nothing showing or anything, then slip an arm around her and turn to Abs and Chase, "Liz, girl, you know Abby and Chase, yeah?" I'll play it up, letting her claim me, give Abby a look like just playing along.
  • Abby looks disgusted. Chase seems to approve. Liz notices the disgust on Abby's face, and slips her hand down your back, and squeezes your ass. "Oh, I know Abby and Chase. Didn't see you at Frankie's party last week. Come on! We're doing shots!"

Abby looks to Chase, a little nervous, and the right response isn't coming to her... "I uh... I'm good, thanks."

Liz looks floored, like she just saw a horse walking on its hind legs. "Quit being a fucking party pooper, Ab — come drink with us! C'mon Berto! Shots!"

What do you do?
  • edited March 2015
    imageHumberto

I squeeze Liz gently, "Take it easy on Abby, girl. She's been running like crazy, trying to stay clean, might join track. I think it's cool. "
  • Liz looks up at you, unphased by the request, and smiles. "Ok then, you come get drunk with me, pretty boy!"
  • edited March 2015
    imageHumberto

"Sure, Liz. Let's go." I give Abs and Chase a look like 'what can I do?' Then I'll head off with her.
  • Abby knows what you can do. She's got her arms crossed, and Chase has to pull her away to help him find Eventide. Liz pulls you over to the counter, and starts pouring a few shots of Vodka, "I wanna get fucked up, and fuck you." she smiles, and hands you a shot, "You've gotta catch up though."
  • edited March 2015
    imageHumberto

Well, Abs obviously fucked some other dude, so I'm not sure why she's suddenly possessive or whatever.

I pick up my shot, look at Liz, then say, "I did some pre-game drinking, girl. I'm already pretty fucked up. So I think I only need like one of these for our buzzes to match." I'll down the shot, which is... just fiiine. Not a problem. "Where are we gonna do it?"
  • We'll get back to Abby later...

Have you really been pre-drinking? You drove over here, didn't you? Are you just a cheap drunk? I don't imagine you do much drinking... Liz, on the other hand, is an experienced drinker. She downs the shot, and cheers victorious. "Wherever. I. Want." She says, leaning in close, and poking your chest. Experienced as she is, you can smell the liquor on her breath. She's been at this a while, and she doesn't look overly drunk...

Are you going to try and keep up with her?
  • edited March 2015
    imageHumberto

I totally haven't been pre-drinking. I was driving my baby! I'm not really experienced with drinking and there's no way I'm wanting to lose control here, get drunk, fuck up yet again. I can't keep up with her, even though she has a big head start.

"Hey girl," I say, looking around. I take the shot. Try not to make a face. "You look really good tonight." I'm looking around for Todd. I've got to pull this off right. "You wanna dance?"
  • Liz's eyes get really excited. "FUCK YEAH!" She takes her solo cup in one hand, filled with a cocktail of who knows what, and takes your hand in the other, pulling you out to the back yard where people have started dancing, and swimming in the full-sized pool. She starts dirty dancing with you, trying to work you up. She wants your complete attention tonight.

After a song or two, you spot Todd was sitting in the kitchen with his friends, but now it seems like a bunch of them have moved off. Todd is left pouring himself some water to sober up. Liz is grinding all over you, but she'll notice if your attention is elsewhere.

What do you do?
  • imageHumberto

I'm all about some dirty dancing. Liz might be drunk, but she's still hot and she can move pretty well. Not Abs well, but better than Mandi for damn sure. Heh, why the fuck am I thinking of that mouse? Ghost? Dead girl? So fucked up.

I lean in, kiss Liz's ear, "Yo, I gotta pee. Be back in a bit. You wanna swim in a little?" I'll head over towards Todd, stagger a little like I might be drunk.

"Todd, babe, what's up? Wanna head out to my car and have a couple rums and cokes? Or is it Rums and Cokes?" I give him a dopey grin.
  • Sexy, Berto. Smooth as a baby's bottom.

Liz pouts when you try to leave, pawing at your shirt, and trying to get you to stay and dance. She heads back into the kitchen, more than a little offended, when she sees you make your way over to Todd.

Todd, on the other hand, seems conflicted to see you. "Hey Berto... I didn't figure you for the drinking type." He takes a sip of his water, "are you sure you really want to be here? Brad's still really pissed at you..."
  • edited April 2015
    imageHumberto

I wave it off, "Brit said it was cool. But, you're right, he's probably pissed. I still don't get why you aren't pissed at him." I move a little closer, sort of in his bubble. "You want to come out to my car and drink... and chat?"
  • edited April 2015
    "You don't know Brad like I do," he answers defensively, "sure, he's a prick some times, but he's going to do the world a lot of good one day..." He sighs, stepping away from the sink, he looks a little nervous, "I don't want to see you get hurt Berto... Let's just chat here."
  • imageHumberto

"Todd, I want to be alone with you for a bit." I lie. I'd rather be hitting on Liz, or sneaking off with Abs. But to get that, I have to do this. I reach a hand over to brush the top of his. "I'm headed out to my car to drink a little. C'mon."
  • Wow, really? How far are you willing to take this Berto?
  • imageHumberto

I don't know, man. I'm just trying to do this thing. I mean, Officer Ramos will take care of things, I can't fuck this up again.
  • Let's see you manipulate him with the leverage being your wanting to get physical with him.
  • imageHumberto

Manipulate:
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 3, 4. Total: 7)
  • Oh Berto... You can see the goosebumps on Todd's neck as your fingers run over his hand. You can see him fighting himself in his head. You know that look, though maybe you've only seen it recently — he wants to kiss you. Nothing big and showy, just a small show of affection to confirm his wish.

Beat him to the punch, and he'll follow you out to your car.
  • imageHumberto

Shit.

Shit, Officer Ramos, you owe me. Or... maybe I don't owe you now.

He's still sitting there, at the table. So I lean in, like I'm going to whisper in his ear. I hover there, my mouth inches away from his ear, my cheek touching his hair slightly, my breath gently hitting his neck. "Please."

Then I'll stand back up. Weird that my hand drifted up to his shoulder. I don't remember doing that. And there's this connection. Like I'm a method actor or some shit, because I feel it. I imagine it so hard to pull it off that I feel it.

It's not real. It can't be.

I'm heading for my car. Please follow me.