[FURY] August the Skinner

edited December 2015 in Fury

August the Skinner

Stats
Cool=0 Hard=0 Hot+3 Sharp=0 Weird+1
Look
Woman, showy scrounge wear, striking face, arresting eyes, strong hands, toned body
Skinner Special
If you and another character have sex, choose one:
  • You take +1 forward and so do they.
  • You take +1 forward; they take -1.
  • They must give you a gift worth at least 1-barter.
  • You can hypnotize them as though you’d rolled a 10+, even if you haven’t chosen to get the move.
Header

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Gear
    • many-times-mended denim leggings, bone earrings and jangling handmade bracelets
    • clean water, lye and cosmetics worth 1 barter
    • Hidden knives (2-harm hand infinite)
    • antique coins worn as valuables
    • a pet (Drumma -- current location unknown)
    • three oddments of barter from Portar's cabin
    • four three one oddments of barter from Leviathan
    • one surplus barter from fortunes
    • an old bible
    • a frog-suit (1 armor) fitted to me that keeps out the red
    Moves
    Breaktaking (Skinner): +1hot
    Artful & gracious (Skinner): when you perform your chosen art—any act of expression or culture—or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7–9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
    • this person must meet me
    • this person must have my services
    • this person loves me
    • this person must give me a gift
    • this person admires my patron
    On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply perform very well.
    Perfect instincts (Battlebabe): when you’ve read a charged situation and you’re acting on the MC’s answers, take +2 instead of +1.
    Lost (Skinner): when you whisper someone’s name to the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird. On a hit, they come to you, with or without any clear explanation why. On a 10+, take +1forward against them. On a miss, the MC will ask you 3 questions; answer them truthfully.
    Hypnotic (Skinner): when you have time and solitude with someone, they become fixated upon you. Roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:
    • giving you something you want
    • acting as your eyes and ears
    • fighting to protect you
    • doing something you tell them to
    For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can’t act against you. For PCs, instead, any time you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:
    • they distract themselves with the thought of you. They’re acting under fire.
    • they inspire themselves with the thought of you. They take +1 right now.
    On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.
    Fortunes (Hocus): fortune, surplus and want all depend on your followers. At the beginning of the session, roll+fortune. On a 10+, your followers have surplus. On a 7–9, they have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, they are in want. If their surplus lists barter, like 1-barter or 2-barter, that’s your personal share.
    You call this hot? (Maestro'D): When you act under fire, roll +hot instead of +cool.

Advancement Options
    ( ) get +1cool (max cool+2)
    ( ) get +1cool (max cool+2)
    ( ) get +1hard (max hard+2)
    ( ) get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
    ( x ) get a new skinner move
    ( x ) get a new skinner move
    ( ) get an establishment (you detail)
    ( x ) get followers (you detail) and fortunes
    ( x ) get a move from another playbook
    ( x ) get a move from another playbook

• edited December 2015
    Hx
    Valentine is my friend. Hx+3.
    • Dog is my lover. Hx+1.
    • Bon is in love with me. Hx+1.
    • Vignette. Hx-1.
    • SeaTac. Hx+1.
    • Gates. Hx+1.
    Highlighted Stats
    Sharp from Dog
    Weird from MC
    Experience
    ( x ) ( x ) ( ) ( ) ( )
    Harm
    Redsick
  • edited December 2015
    Followers: My scene/cult. Around 20 followers, loyal to me but not fanatical. They have their own lives apart from me, integrated in the local population (fortune+2. surplus: 1-barter, +augury, stupor. want: desertion, savagery).

• Your followers are involved in successful commerce. +1fortune.
    • Your followers, taken as a body, constitute a powerful psychic antenna. Surplus: +augury.
    • Your followers are drug-fixated. Surplus: +stupor.
    • Your followers are decadent and perverse. Want: +savagery.

Followers
    Dancers:

Fire-eaters:

Singers:
    (Magda is formerly of Leviathan)

Peepshow Auteurs:

Bouncers (both from Leviathan):

Terrible comedians:

Hangers-on (two of Vignette's Pike Boys that come to the shows a lot):

& don't forget...
  • edited September 2015

concept:
    Scientific name: corvus luna cristata
    Common name: Poison moon jay
    This species derives its name from the lunar-like, glowing eyespots on the underside of each wing. It has evolved in close link with the lantern frog, a toxic species that resides in deep forests and can often be found in the mouths of certain caves. Nobody is entirely sure where the lantern frog derives its noxious venom, but scientists believe it has to do with the food it ingests; a particular species of blue firefly, which it attracts with a lure that can flash and mimic the mating signals of these insects. The moon jay does not seem to eat the frogs for its diet, but instead attracts them and then pounces on them, clasping the frog in its feet. It then performs a bizarre ritual, pecking a little at the frog so that it releases a potentially lethal neurotoxin from its skin. The jay wipes its beak over the frog's back and then preens itself, leaving a thin oil on its feathers as a defense mechanism to its predators. If the immediate bitter stinging sensation doesn't put the predator off, the jay goes into a defensive stance, lowering its head and raising its tail feathers, which have evolved to look extremely like one another and confuse the animal into biting the less important end. The eyespots are also meant to confuse and startle.

Read more: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php/39489-C-O-W-004-Venomous-Bird-VOTING!!!?s=99df4dcbb8f077b0e7bbcacc084f0826#ixzz3asEmeYFJ
  • edited May 2015

I hear your thing is oral history, right? What's one of your favorite stories? Can you actually read? How do you get new ones?

And seriously.... where did you find that frickin bird?
  • edited September 2015

When I have a brand new audience, I usually tell the story of Vera and the Lion, and how their tenderness, precious and frail, kept the wolves at bay until night fell. It does not end happily, but there is a stark beauty in it.

I can read the half-rebus half-pidgin shit that most people make signs and notes in, but not oldscript. I look for books, covet their stories, and when I meet someone who can read oldscript, I will demand that they read them to me. When a book that appears to be stories reveals itself as something less, I have to hold back my frustration.

There are a few other notable storytellers -- Grafter, Loisine, Char -- we swap stories when we cross paths. Char raised me, insomuch as anyone did, but I haven't seen him for months.

I call the bird Drumma, because of her odd, haunting cry. I wintered in the rainforest two years ago, found the bird with a broken wing. I didn't set the bone true -- I didn't know how -- so she flies only with great effort. She's still half-wild, snaps and bites at nearly all but me. Finds her own meals at night. By day, she sits on a perch I've mounted on my bike.
  • edited May 2015

Hey August,
    That time Drumma didn't come home and you probably were worried sick, whose shoulder did you find her on? Were you ok with that? Only happened once right?
  • edited September 2015
    It was Vignette and it scared the blood out of me. For weeks I wasn't sure if she'd done something strange to the bird.
  • edited November 2015
    Hold from Hypnotize:
    2 on Buck
    1 on Bon
    3 on Valentine.
    2 on Admiral

Notes from Artful & Gracious:
    Admiral loves me
    Admiral must give me a gift
    Admiral admires my patron (Vignette)
    HM loves me
    HM admires my patron (Admiral)