[ISS] In Charge (Mar 3.3)

edited July 2016 in ISS Tsiolkovsky

Mark,

You return to the nearly empty classroom. With Temperance and the T's off with Mi Sun and Tabitha in the cafeteria, and three others in Med Bay, you're left with the following:

photo Homeroom - Gen 16-5-2_zpstcmwzuuo.png

Jace and Olivar are canoodling near the back, standing close and testing the PDA (public displays of affection) protocols without technically breaking them. Pax and Zola are playing some Navi-to-Navi skill game, while Aiden and Bea are, you guessed it, studying.

Eff replies to your Navi message:
Corporal Nul,<br /> Understood. I'll keep eyes on them. Any <br /> you want to get some demerits? I can <br /> find a few infractions.</p> <ul> <li>Eff

Other than Olivar and Jace, the front row looks up when you walk in.

What do you do?

Comments

• edited July 2016

I take my seat the back of the class and send a reply to Eff.

To: Corporal Eff<br /> They could all do with taking down a peg or 2. <br /> (Not Tabitha, she's ok.)<br /> Take yr pick.</p> <ul> <li>Nul

That should put the cat among the pigeons. Whatever a pigeon is.
    I hit send and look up. Jace and Oli are getting increasingly indiscreet. I attempt to give them a warning look but their attention is focused elsewhere.

I clear my throat. "Guys. Guys. Save it for after class, OK?" Not unfriendly. But, you know, firm.

If I don't see it, I don't have to report it. It's kind of pointless that I have to report it, since the cameras can see it anyway, but that's the way the system keeps an eye on my attitude. And hey, maybe no one is watching after all. No way to know.

I check the time again. It's passing so slowly. All I want to do is get out of here and go talk to Pris.

Mark,

Let's see you Shut them Down. Take a +1 Forward, since you're a Corporal acting in "official capacity".

• Shut Someone Down:
    +2 Cold, +1 Forward
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 8)

+1 xp for highlighted stat

• edited July 2016

Mark,

image Olivar looks like he's going to say something sharp, but Jace shakes his head no and speaks up, "Hey, sorry, Mark," he doesn't call you Corporal Nul, still using your familiar name. "Been a bit since we could chat. We can hold off. No trouble, man." Olivar has a surly look, but says nothing.

And yeah, you look like a jerk regardless.

image Aiden looks back at you, Mark, then clears his throat, which startles Bea. "Corporal," he says, using your title. "Temperance and the other new kids went to the cafeteria. Hey, Nadja looked really rough, is she going to be alright? I've never seen her freak out. There's some rumors about a nebula affecting people."

That gets Bea going, she bites her lower lip and rubs her thigh a little. Zola beats Pax at their game because Pax was suddenly very intrigued by this.

What do you do?

• edited July 2016

It's so tempting to sow a seed of panic in Aiden's mind. I resist, though I can't help the hint of a smirk appearing at the edge of my mouth.

"I don't know anything about any nebulas," I tell him. "Nebulae. Whatever. Doctor Lancome didn't say anything about that."

But then she wouldn't, would she? I leave that unsaid, for now.

Mark,

The class settles down. Waits. Chats quietly. Passes the time. After a few minutes, Pax loses the game against Zola, obvious from Zola's reaction.

image Pax stands up from her desk and walks over to you. She looks at you for a moment, then steps a little closer. Drops her voice so only you and her can talk, and asks, "Hey, so Mark. You said you wanted to chat with me after practice. We could talk now, since nothing else is going on." She's testing, seeing if that's zeng with you or not. "What did you want to talk about?" Her eyes drift down to your stun stick.

What do you do?

My eyes flicker briefly toward the camera in the corner.

"I wanted to talk about getting involved. With some extracurricular activities," I say, almost in a whisper. "So maybe somehwere more private than this is better?"

I look deep into Pax's eyes. As usual, there's no emotion on my face.

• image Pax tilts her head to the side for a moment, peering back at you, curious, but not quite sure of your meaning at first. Then, your blank eyes seem to say something, or maybe just enough, and she nods, "Sure, yeah. Somewhere private. After practice, that's a good idea." She slips back a half step, then looks at you curiously, "Hey, they didn't give you much time to train up for this thing, did they? You alright, Mark?"

• edited July 2016

I breathe in sharply through my nose and break eye contact, looking around the room beyond Pax. My Navi buzzes with the three-minute warning that the T-patrol, Tabitha and Mi Sun are getting right now.

"Yeah, I'm OK," I say, absent-minded. I'm not daydreaming or thinking about anything. I just kind of go empty for a moment.

I blink a couple of times and I'm back in the room. Pax is still there, looking at me.

"Uh. Yeah anyway," I say. "It's all good. Training was short but there's always someone just a call away. Usually. I'll go see Pris after class. I can meet you after that."

Mark,

Pax nods, still a little uncertain. You get a message from Eff that your classmates are on their way back.

End Scene.