[AJAX] Maya, the Mundane

edited November 2016 in ajax-motw
Maya the Mundane

About

Maya is an affable young lady in her mid-to-late twenties, who until recently was blissfully ignorant of the supernatural underpinnings of the world around her. Her laughter often fills the halls of Operation Ajax, where she serves as an intern to a reluctant(?) Dr. Daedalus — her father.

When she's not seen driving (or fixing) the Racing Green 1998 Porsche Boxster she splurged on with the balance of the meager savings she'd scraped together before the "incident" that led to her employment by Operation Ajax, she can be seen dutifully laboring outside her father's office, in any number of work-appropriate outfits, or sitting by the coffee pot in the break room, browsing imgur on her phone.

Stats

• Charm+2
  • Cool=0
  • Sharp-1
  • Tough+1
  • Weird+1

Countdowns

Luck
Harm
| Unstable
Experience

Moves

Sensitive: When you open up your brain to the local psychic environment, roll +Weird.
• On a 10 or more, you gain a definite impression (a vision, tangible aura, overheard thought, etc) about something here that is important.
• On a 7-9, you gain a hazy impression about something here that is important.
• On a 6 or less, your brain is in contact with something dangerous.
Advanced Sensitive. When you advance your sensitive move, add this:
• On a 12 or more, you get an impression as for 10 or more, plus you may ask one follow up question that the Keeper will answer honestly.

Always The Victim: When another hunter uses protect someone to protect you, they mark experience. Whenever a monster captures you, you mark experience.

Oops!: If you want to stumble across something important, tell the Keeper. You will find something important and useful, although not necessarily related to your immediate problems.

Let’s Get Out Of Here!: If you can protect someone by telling them what to do, or by leading them out, roll+Charm instead of +Tough.

Panic Button: When you need to escape, name the route you’ll try and roll+Sharp. On a 10+ you’re out of danger, no problem. On a 7-9 you can go or stay, but if you go it’s going to cost you (you leave something behind or something comes with you). On a miss, you are caught halfway out.

The Power of Heart: When fighting a monster, if you help someone, don’t roll+Cool. You automatically help as though you’d rolled a 10.

Trust Me: When you tell a normal person the truth in order to protect them from danger, roll+Charm. On a 10+ they’ll do what you say they should, no questions asked. On a 7-9 they do it, but the Keeper chooses one from:
• They ask you a hard question first.
• They stall and dither a while.
• They have a “better” idea.
On a miss, they’re going to think you’re crazy and maybe dangerous too.

What Could Go Wrong?: Whenever you charge into immediate danger without hedging your bets, hold 2. You may spend your hold to:
• Inflict +1 harm.
• Reduce someone’s harm suffered by 1.
• Take +2 forward on an act under pressure roll.
Don’t Worry, I’ll Check It Out: Whenever you go off by yourself to check out somewhere (or something) scary, mark experience.

History

• I'm a bit suspicious of Dr. Daedelus, because he kept this world hidden from me until I literally stumbled into it accidentally.
• I've got a schoolgirl's crush on Steven.

Equipment

• Classic car in terrible condition (Racing Green 1998 Porsche Boxster)
• Pocket knife or multitool (1-harm hand useful small)
• Small handgun (2-harm close loud reload)

Improvements

Get +1 Charm, max +3
Get +1 Cool, max +2
Get +1 Sharp, max +2
Get +1 Tough, max +2
Take another Mundane move
Take another Mundane move
Get back one used Luck point
Get back one used Luck point
Take a move from another playbook
Take a move from another playbook

Advanced Improvements

Get +1 to any rating, max +3.
Change this hunter to a new type.
Create a second hunter to play as well as this one.
Mark two of the basic moves as advanced.
Mark another two of the basic moves as advanced.
Retire this hunter to safety.
Get back one used Luck point.
Get back one used Luck point.

Comments