[DVFP] 'Vinegar' June Weaver, the Brainer

edited May 2017 in aw2e-dvfp
photo 1324268129736.png

Stats
Cool +1 Hard -2 Hot -1 Sharp +2 Weird +3

Look
Ambiguous gender, High formal wear, Scarred face, Ruined eyes and slight body. Gets around on a crutch, sometimes two.

Harm
2 from Brainer Slapfighting

Moves
Direct-brain whisper projection: you can roll+weird to get the effects of going aggro, without going aggro. Your victim has to be able to see you, but you don’t have to interact. If your victim forces your hand, your mind counts as a weapon (1-harm ap close loud-optional).
In-brain puppet strings: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone—again, mutual or 1-sided—you can plant a command inside their mind. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. At your will, no matter the circumstances, you can spend your hold 1 for 1:
• inflict 1-harm (ap)
• they take -1 right now
If they fulfill your command, that counts for all your remaining hold. On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit
Preternatural at-will brain attunement: you get +1weird (weird+3).
Infirmary: you get an infirmary, a workspace with life support, a cyber lab and a crew of 2 (Rothschild & Missed). Get patients into it and you can work on them like a savvyhead on tech (cf ).
Reality’s fraying edge: some component of your workspace, or some arrangement of components, is uniquely receptive to the world’s psychic maelstrom (+augury). Choose and name it, or else leave it for the MC to reveal during play.

Workspace Rules
When you go into your workspace and dedicate yourself to making a thing, or to getting to the bottom of some shit, decide what and tell the MC. The MC will tell you “sure, no problem, but…” and then 1 to 4 of the following:
• it’s going to take hours/days/weeks/months of work;
• First you’ll have to get/build/fix/figure out ——;
• you’re going to need —— to help you with it;
• it’s going to cost you a fuckton of jingle;
• the best you’ll be able to do is a crap version, weak and unreliable;
• it’s going to mean exposing yourself (plus colleagues) to serious danger;
• you’re going to have to add —— to your workplace first;
• it’s going to take several/dozens/hundreds of tries;
• you’re going to have to take —— apart to do it.
The MC might connect them all with “and,” or might throw in a merciful “or.”
Once you’ve accomplished the necessaries, you can go ahead and accomplish the thing itself, the MC will stat it up, or spill, or whatever it calls for.

Augury Rules
When you are able to use something for augury, roll+weird. On a hit, you can choose 1:
• Reach through the world’s psychic maelstrom to something or someone connected to it.
• Isolate and protect a person or thing from the world’s psychic maelstrom.
• Isolate and contain a fragment of the world’s psychic maelstrom itself.
• Insert information into the world’s psychic maelstrom.
• Open a window into the world’s psychic maelstrom.
By default, the effect will last only as long as you maintain it, will reach only shallowly into the world’s psychic maelstrom as it is local to you, and will bleed instability. On a 10+, choose 2; on a 7–9, choose 1:
• It’ll persist (for a while) without your actively maintaining it.
• It reaches deep into the world’s psychic maelstrom.
• It reaches broadly throughout the world’s psychic maelstrom.
• It’s stable and contained, no bleeding.
On a miss, whatever bad happens, your antenna takes the brunt of it.

Special
If you and another character have sex, you automatically do a deep brain scan on them, whether you have the move or not. Roll+weird as normal. However, the MC chooses which questions the other character’s player answers.

Gear & Barter
3 Barter worth of Depot Bucks
Scalpels (3 harm intimate hi-tech)
Fashion suited to the formal look with a flak vest underneath for hard days (1 armor)
Brain Relay (area close hi-tech: if someone can see the relay, they count as seeing June)
Pain-Wave Projector (1-harm ap area loud reload hi-tech: goes off like a reusable grenade, hits everyone but June)

XP
[X ] [X ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Hx
My name is June Weaver, some scorchheads call me 'Vinegar June' and I am in suspense as to whether you'll join them, to be sure. I'm a newer convict here, perhaps a year on in my sentence, so I have some things from the outside you've perhaps never seen before. Weavers are thrifty to a one, so I brew in my spare time: beer, wine, vinegar..I pickle food, cultivate plants that are to my interest. I sell my skills, too, since demand for them is higher, and my hobbies and privacy are expensive.

Why am I here? Hahah, cook off. Why are you here? Do I miss the outside world? Fool, I haven't got the time to miss anythin'.

Motley has slept in my presence. He even knew about it. A careless man.

Cinch rolled into here in a police cruiser. It's decayed since then, but girl..I've got my eyes on you, Cop Car.

Esco most evidently dislikes and distrusts me. For a man sellin' to multiple powerful interests, that's only prudent.

I have weird angles on everyone - anyone not mentioned above I have +1 Hx with.

Motley: +2
Cinch: +3
Esco: +3
Gigg: +0
Sierra: +3

Advancement
— get +1cool (max cool+2)
— get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
— get +1hard (max hard+2)
— get +1hard (max hard+2)
+ get a new brainer move
— get a new brainer move
— get 2 new or replacement brainer gear (you choose)
— get a holding (you detail) and wealth
+ get a move from another playbook
+ get a move from another playbook

Comments

• edited April 2017
    photo June Header 1.png

photo JuneWeaver.png

photo DrWeaver.png

Holds and Forward

1 Hold against Mimi via In-Brain Puppet Strings

+1 Forward with Missed

1 Hold against Sierra via Hypnotic
  • edited November 2016

June's Garden Inventory:
    Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Roses (The choosy divas of the garden)
    Basil
    Chard
    Pole Beans

Hey June, you sell brew and foodstuffs, yeah? Do you trade in The Depot under the watchful eye of The Fat Man, or in The Irons among the entertainers and the hardscrabble thugs who call it home?

How long have you been walking on a crutch? Did that happen "in here" or "out there"?
  • edited November 2016

I move bottles and jars in The Irons, where I show more of my nice face. Not that Esco appreciates that, but there it is. I run through everythin' till there's just the vinegar left, then I usually smoke and relax.

I do other business at The Depot.

I've been walking with the crutch since I was young, on the outside. I'll spare you the big words and details - my muscles are weak and my nerves aren't suited for movin' them. I use them for other things now.