[DVFP] Esco the Maestro'd

edited February 2017 in aw2e-dvfp
Esco, the Maestro'd

About

My name is Esco. I run a Brothel/Bar/Gambling Den in The Irons. I'm often seen walking around in my vintage biker jacket, a dirt-stained Henley tee, and scrounged dress pants. My nickname back at the Commissary was "Pretty Boy", on the count of my pretty face — fuck them. My old man had it right when he booted my ass out to the curb: mischief is burned into my eyes, straight down to the core. He wouldn't be the first person to judge me wrong —probably won't be the last neither.

I worked hard to get where I am, diggin' with the rest of these boys when The Irons first started up. Boys didn't think I had the hands for the work — "hands of a surgeon don't belong diggin' holes" they said. Showed them, too. Fuckin' vision, and persistence. That's what got me here. Fuck anyone says any different!

Establishment

Diamonds

Our attractions are: sex, with sides of drinks and games (gambling).
Sasha wants in — she's one of the whores.
I owe JD for it — since he did half of the pickaxe swinging.
Ziggy wants it gone, because it draws commerce away from her holdings for Fat Man.

For security, we've got:
JD — a bouncer who knows his biz (2-harm 1-armor).
Cooker — a big arse shotty behind the bar (3-harm close reload messy).
A Gang — 3-harm gang small 1-armor.

Stats

Cool=0 Hard+1 Hot+3 Sharp+1 Weird-1

Countdowns

Gear

• A wicked Bowie Knife (2-harm hand)
• fashion suitable to your look, including at your option a piece worth 1-armor (my leather jacket)

Moves

You call this hot? when you do something under fire, roll+hot instead of roll+cool.

A devil with a blade: when you use a blade to go aggro, roll+hot instead of roll+hard.

Fingers in every pie: put out the word that you want a thing—could be a person, could be somethin somethin, could even be just a thing—and roll+hot. On a 10+, it shows up in your establishment for you, like magic. On a 7-9, well, your people make an effort and everybody wants to please you and close is close, right? On a miss, it shows up in your establishment for you with strings wicked attached.

Everybody eats, even that guy: when you want to know something about someone important (your call), roll+hot. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 1:
• How are they doing? what’s up with them?
• What or who do they love best?
• Who do they know, like and/or trust?
• When next should I expect to see them?
• How could I get to them, physically or emotionally?
On a miss, ask 1 anyway, but they hear about your interest in them.

Just give me a motive: name somebody who might conceivably eat, drink, or otherwise ingest something you’ve touched. If it’s an NPC, roll+hard; a PC, roll+Hx. On a 10+, they do, and suffer 4-harm (ap) sometime during the next 24 hours. On a 7-9, it’s 2-harm (ap). On a miss, some several people of the MC’s choice, maybe including your guy maybe not, get it, and all suffer 3-harm (ap).

If you hook another character up — with sex, with food, with somethin somethin, whatever — it counts as having sex with them.

Hx

• Hx+3 with Cinch.
• Hx+1 with Gigg.
• Hx=0 with June.
• Hx+3 with Motley — he's my favorite onna count of the good business he brings in.
• Hx+3 with Sierra — who I find most attractive.

Advancement

get +1hot (max hot+3)
get +1cool (max cool+2)
get +1hard (max hard+2)
get +1weird (max weird+2)
get a new maestro d’ move
get a new maestro d’ move
add a security to your establishment
resolve somebody’s interest in your establishment
get a move from another playbook
get a move from another playbook

get +1 to any stat (max stat+3)
retire your character (to safety)
create a second character to play
change your character to a new playbook
choose 3 basic moves and advance them
advance the other 3 basic moves

Comments

• Cook off, arsehole!

Esco, did you take over your business, or build it up?
    How do you get your staff in this place?
    Speaking of "staff relations", how do you keep them working? Do you fraternize with any of them?
  • "I built this business from the ground up with my boy JD — the cooker. We were here with the other boys who founded The Irons — both times 'round, thanks to those fippers tossin' us out of this cookin' cave after all our hard work for who knows why... Arseholes, the lot of 'em.

Most of my girls were poached from the last place I worked at, before setting out here with the boys to make our own fortunes. Some of the older girls are actual prisoners, but most of 'em are too young to be offenders — most of 'em were born into this life, and had no other options other than gettin' sold off by some fat cooker lookin' to make a quick buck for their daily fix. Occasionally, some pretty little thing'll come through, runnin' from something, and I'll offer 'em a room — let 'em know they can pay however they like. Some take to whoring. Others set up stalls in the tunnels, and move out on their own. I don't rightly give a flying fek what they do, so long as rent's paid up.

As for keepin' 'em working — most girls make that decision themselves. We got booze, dope, work, and beds here. That's a better opportunity than most get in this life. As for "fraternizing" — like you said — sometimes. Depends. I used to do it quite a bit, but now Sierra came up in here, and I ain't had the taste for it. I guess we'll see how that turns out..."
  • edited December 2016
    Hypnotic Debt to Sierra:
    Holding 2.