[DVFP] Gigg the Faceless

Gigg the Faceless

Man, scrounged armor, concealed eyes, wiry body, and dusty gas mask & breather box combo

Stats & XP
Cool+1Hard+2Hot-1Sharp+0Weird+2
XPXPXPXPXP

My name is Gigg, and I live in the junkyard near The Depot. I was born there, and me and my momma lived when I was just a teeter and young sprout. I still live there, mostly just me and Pops, and now that I'm a young-grump, I keep the rascals and cowboys out of there. When grumps got something they need done, they come get Gigg to do it. It's kind always been like that -- even when I was still a teeter. Grumps always had gigs for me to do. It puts jingle in momma's purse, better than trying to sell the scavage from the junkyard. The best gigs with the most jingle are from that Fat Man. His cowboys come give me gigs more'n anybody. One day maybe I have enough jingle in momma's purse to get a hot rod like Cinch has.

Rasputin: shot, stabbed, and poisoned, you just keep coming. When you are being scary as fuck and coming at someone, you get +1 armor. You still get shot and stabbed, bleeding just doesn’t bother you that much anymore.
Oh yeah!: roll+hard to smash your way through scenery to get to or away from something. On a 10+, the scenery is moved or smashed and you get what you want. On a 7–9 you get what you want and smash or move the scenery, but you take 1-harm (ap), and are disoriented and under fire in follow-up actions, leave something behind, or take something with you. Think smashing through walls or pushing through burned out husks of cars. On a miss, your foot gets pinned under something mid-smash.
Norman: you seek the advice of your mask. Roll+weird to see what it directs you to do. On a 10+ mark experience and take +1 forward if you do as your mask wishes. On a 7–9, take a +1 if you do what it wants and act under fire if you don’t. On a miss, it has its own agenda. Act under fire if you don’t follow it.
Lala: the spirit of Lala now has three holds on your mask. Lala can use these holds to give you a -1 on any roll she doesn't want you to make. Yes, she can use more than one hold at a time. However, as long as she has hold, you gain more insight into the world. Whenever you roll to Read a Sitch or Read a Person and give her another hold, you can ask another question more than the move allows. You can even ask a question not listed, but if you do, Lala gets to ask you a question, too, and you have to answer it honestly. Once Lala has used all of her hold, she will lose her grip on your mask and fade away.
The mother’s heartbeat: when you withdraw into the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird. On a 10+, choose 2. On a 7–9, choose 1. You emerge again, about an hour later, and...
• ...Meanwhile, you can still watch and hear what’s happening where you were.
• ...You can re-emerge in a different place altogether.
• ...You are healed of all harm.
• ...You can bring someone in and out with you.
On a miss, you are in the dark and warm, listening to the mother’s heartbeat, and many hours pass.
NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH: in battle, you count as a small gang, with harm and armor according to your gear.
Pit bull: whenever your life becomes untenable, name the person you hold most responsible. Take +1 ongoing to all rolls versus them, forever. (All rolls with them directly as a target count, of course. Rolls against their family and friends, minions, or property may count, in the MC’s judgment. MCs, remember your job is to make Apocalypse World seem real and keep the characters’ lives interesting, not deny the PCs bonuses.)
Juggernaut: take -2 on all “when you suffer harm” rolls.
The Unexpected: when someone sees you unmasked for the first time, they take s-harm, in addition to anything else that happens.
Unmasked, you are: Grotesque. Every PC who sees you goes immediately to Hx+3 with you; Ashamed. You have hard=0 until you cover your face again.
Faceless Special: If you and another character have sex, hold 1. If they get into shit, either you or they can spend your hold and you are there. If that character doesn't have a physical body, you can use your hold to give you a +1 Forward. They can use the hold to bring you where they need you.

Gear
  • gas mask/breather box combo
  • brutal weapon: hockey stick (2-harm hand messy)
  • brutal weapon: big fucking steel monkey wrench (2-harm hand messy)

Hx
Esco
the Maestro'd
June
the Brainer
Sierra
the Skinner
Cinch
the Driver
Motley
the Chopper
+3+0+2+2+2

Harm

Comments

• edited November 2016

So yeah... I can see under that mask, you know. urk. Were you born that way?

You've got Normal. What does your mask talk like? Just in your head, or out loud? Do you talk back? Does it have a name? Where did it come from?
  • edited November 2016
    Ummm, yeah... Guessin' I was born this way. Not sure, really. It wasn't until I was a young sprout and after my mum wasn't around anymore that I finally saw me-self. One day I found the broken pieces of an old mirror and I saw me for the first time. Guessin' I was always this way. Never got to see me when I was just a teeter.

After I saw me-self, I knew I was different from the other grumps. They was pretty -- most of 'em anyway. Some of them like that tough girl Cinch is real pretty. That's about the time when I found that old throwed away gas mask and breathing box in the junkyard, and I put it on and WOW I didn't have to see me-self anymore! And, and the junkyard is pretty lonely, too. Nobody talks to Gigg much unless they got a gig for him to do. Kinda like me mum was. So, now, when I look in the mirror I got someone to talk to. He calls hisself Pops and he tells me everything I need to know. Like, how to take care of me-self, how to grow to be a strong grump like him, and how to have a better life than he did. Pops always knows what to do. Pops is my friend.
  • edited November 2016
    Some candy talking
  • Some candy talking
  • image Some candy talking
  • Gigg-Header-02
    "Pops' candy talking."
  • edited December 2016
    Initial Hx stuff relocated from character sheet (because it got too long)

Esco once helped me do something terrible. Pops had told me the "real" story about who my momma was and why she one day never came back. Turns out some cowboy kept her strung out for years. When I found out who it was, I asked Esco at the bar-hotel to set him up for me, and then I beat the motherfucker's brains out with my monkey wrench. She wasn't a good momma, but if it wasn't for that cowboy, maybe she coulda been.

There's this noobie freshie I see around the Irons lately named Sierra. I know that's her name cuz she told me herself. Most grumps stay their space when I'm in the Irons, but she don't know me yet I guess. One day I was in the Irons trying to sell some scavage from the junkyard and some rascally-sprouts came running by and knocked over all my stuff, kicking and throwing it all over, running away laughing and being rascally. She gathered all my scavage from the four winds and brung it back to my crate. I saw her eye on this old stained book, and I let her keep it. Pops tells me that's the way momma was in the by-and-by, before the junkyard and the cowboys.

This girl named Cinch rolls up to the junkyard every now and then looking for some spare parts or scrap metal or whatever. Almost no girls ever come to the junkyard. Man-grumps used to bring girls here all the time when I was still just a teeter and a young sprout, but once Pops told me about my momma and the birdbees, I beat the shit out any cowboy that tries to bring his gals here. Anyway, Cinch is really the only girl that comes by the junkyard now. I like her car. I feel it's motor in my mask, and I hear in there too. And she's pretty. Not pretty like that freshie Sierra, who's dream-pretty. Cinch is... she's is pretty in the junkyard.

• Advancement Update: Advanced 1
    Took a move from the Child-Thing playbook: The Mother's Heartbeat
  • Advancement Update: Advanced 2
    Took a move from the Gunlugger's playbook: NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH
  • Advancement Update: Advanced 3
    Took a the Faceless move: Pit Bull
  • When life becomes untenable, choose 1:
    • Come back with -1hard
    • Come back with +1weird (max+3)
    • Change to a new playbook
    • Die

Triggers Pit bull: whenever your life becomes untenable, name the person you hold most responsible. Take +1 ongoing to all rolls versus them, forever. (All rolls with them directly as a target count, of course. Rolls against their family and friends, minions, or property may count, in the MC’s judgment. MCs, remember your job is to make Apocalypse World seem real and keep the characters’ lives interesting, not deny the PCs bonuses.)

Person named: The Fat Man
  • Advancement Update: Advanced 4
    Took a the Faceless move: Juggernaut: take -2 on all “when you suffer harm” rolls.