[DVFP] Work Benefits (E 2.2)

Esco,
Norvell's reached out to you. He's got a trio of workers who are too fekking scared of all the recent violence to work, and they're holed up in their hovel. What makes it worse is that they took a drilling machine, and by some weird miners' rights, it's theirs, so Norvell can't up and take it. He's asked you to lure these cowards out, entertain them, and coax them back to work. He does not seem happy at making this request, which means he's at the end of his rope. He promises some barter, plus he'll take Preen on for security, no questions asked.

What do you do?

Comments

• I came down to the mines with Sash, Wanda, and Pixel when Norvell came askin' for my services. I don't really hold grudges — especially when it comes to makin' some jingle — so I try and make the conversation with Norvell as painless as possible. I've asked him to point me in the direction of the miners, and instructed him to leave us to our work.

Odd as it sounds, Sash looks good in a hard-hat. I aughta have her wear that 'round the bar for chuckles.
    Esco,
    The miners, led by Enough-to-Eat, are "holed up", quite literally in a hole in the wall, a cave they drilled and built to suit. No telling what furniture is hidden in there, but obvious there's no electricity, and it's as cold and damp as the rest of the mine.

What's your approach here?
  • Urgh... These are shite working conditions — call me soft if you want, but cleanin' up the Diamond from its original state, and gettin' set up was enough toilin' in cold, muck, and darkness for one lifetime. I motion over to Pixel, guidin' her closer to me with that shite lantern — so we can at least see a bit. My plan is to find out these folks vices, and tempt 'em into comin' out... The girls will help make sure they're nice and receptive to the message, and I'll hammer it home.

I make my way over to the entrance of their little cavern, and call in. "Oy — you folks still in there, freezin' your rocks off?"
  • edited December 2016

Pixel moves closer, shining the lantern in. You see hints of rock dust and something scrawled on the wall inside that hall. How long has Pixel been working for you? What's she known for?

Your voice echoes a little, that hole they've dug might be a bit deep. From inside, you hear Enough-to-Eat's nasal voice, "Aint no colder in here than out there. We've got blankets. We'll wait it out... Who is that?"
  • Pixel's a relatively new addition to the girls — she came three or four trips back, and is full to the brim with energy. She's got this weird accent, so I figure she isn't from around here... She's young, got long black hair, yellowish skin, and big brown eyes when she's not hiding them behind a squint. Some folks have a kink for girls like her. She dresses in lace, and the like — plays up an elegance some of my girls lack. Unlike Wanda, who makes no attempts to hide her crude tongue. They're my all-star lineup when it comes to coverin' all my bases.

I take a few steps into the hovel, and see if I can spot them.
    "It's Esco. Got a few ladies heard some of their favorite miners has gone awol — practically begged me to bring 'em down here to find you. Can we come in?"

Entering the hovel means getting through a circular hole, bending over at the waist and stepping through. Pixel follows you through, holding up the lantern. You spot the trio with a small child between them. They're all sitting under blankets, and one of them, Enough-to-Eat, has a pistol in his right hand, wary of you. "Listen, pimp. We're not working right now. Get the hell out of here." Pixel seems spooked by the gun, and moves behind you a little. Wanda stays outside, but Sasha's coming in. Nothing's gonna stop her.

What do you do?
  • I laugh, but my knife feels warm on my back, tucked into my belt. I'd rather not get shot, but it wouldn't be the first time I've stabbed someone for pokin' a new hole in me. I raise my hands.
    "Easy, Eats — you ever known a miner to get laid on the job? You're not workin' now — got it. You mean to tell me you and your boys would turn down some free time with these lovely ladies?"

Sounds like you're effectively "seducing" these guys, right? Let's see some dice.
  • OOC: Seducing the boys. Roll+Hot (highlighted).
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 7)

Enough-to-Eat looks to Sasha, "Free time? As in, no charge? Serious, Esco. What's the catch, man?"

Give him some concrete assurance and let him spend some time with Sasha, and he'll take advantage of it.
  • edited December 2016
    I cross my heart, "all you gotta do is hear me out, and put that gun somewhere safe, where they won't be pointed at my girls — after you and Sash have some time to yourselves. You keen?"

Enough-to-Eat looks at you for another moment, then to Sasha, who gives him a dimple-filled come hither grin. He opens the chamber on the gun and lets all three bullets slide out, then hands it all to the grimy, bearded guy sitting beside him. "I'm keen. Always had an eye for her." He brushes his hands off on his jeans, then hops up to walk over, grabs her by the wrist and starts yanking her towards where Wanda is standing outside the entryway. "I'll be back... in a bit." Wanda moves out of his way, and he heads for the hole to take Sasha away. Sasha looks back at you, Esco, a hint of worry in her eyes.

What do you do?
  • OOC: Reading Enough-to-Eat. Roll+Sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 10)
  • I catch the worry in Sasha's eye, and I put a hand on Eat's shoulder. "Don't be beatin' on her, now — she comes back shiny. Right?"

You realize idly that as you put in the suggestion to Enough-to-Eat it's probably the nicest thing you've done for Sasha in a while. At least she takes it as nice, you think. "Sure. Sure. No marks." He pulls her through the hole, and Wanda steps inside with you and Pixel. Enough-to-Eat reaches a hand back through the entrance hole and drops Sasha's hard hat inside, then they're gone.

For the next few minutes, you get to hear Enough-to-Eat rutting away. Sasha doesn't moan until he says something, then she joins in, panting and grunting along with him. The other two miners are busy staring at Pixel as she sets down the lantern and gently sways to music that isn't there. Wanda walks over to slip an arm around you to wait this out.

Anything you do in the interim here?
  • OOC: Spending hold 1/3. What does Eats intend to do [to Sasha]?

Enough-to-Eats intends to have sex with her, and as he gets close to finishing, he's going to choke her a bit. He doesn't intend on killing her.
  • edited December 2016
    Yeah, I bet he doesn't... Fek. I wait a while until I hear him starting in on Sash. Then, once he's started, I call over to them. Fekin' savage... I ain't so keen on lettin' an asshole like him breathe much longer.

I pull my knife out, and pace a bit. I'm listenin' close to when it sounds like he's nice and distracted — things gettin' hot and heavy with Sash. I don't wanna let it go on too long, though — in case he starts in on chokin' her. Norvell didn't say they all had to come out, right?

I call over to them, "Fekin' give'er, Eats..."

OOC: Spending hold 2/3: How can I get Eats to lose himself in Sash, so I can get the drop on him?

If you yell at Sasha to "get into it", make her pretend it's the best humping she's had in forever, he'll buy into it, and then he's lost in the fantasy. Also, the choking.
  • Fek... Well, I'll be quick. I peer 'round the corner, and call out to her. "Blazin', Sash — why you bein' so shy? Get into it! Show the man how much you're lovin' it!"

My knife is at the ready, though. I motion for Pixel to douse the light, and move as close to the pair as I can without tipping myself off. When it sounds like he's about to finish, I'm gunna slip out and stick my knife against his throat.

Sasha hears you, and picks up some moaning. You see them in the dim light of the bulb in the shaft, far back. They're more silhouettes than people, two bodies joined. Sasha's moans are cut short, and replaced by a surprised choking noise.

You've got him exactly where you want him, Esco. How does this go?
  • I slip in behind the feker, nice and quiet, then when he's least expectin' it, I grab him by the hair, pull his neck back to bear, and slip the blade of my knife right up against his jugular. I could slit his throat from ear to fekin' ear, but I don't. Instead, I whisper in his ear, calm as a sunny day in the valley.

"You'll be lettin' go of her throat, yeah? Or you'll be lettin' go of yours." I wait for the cooker to comply.

You grab his sweat-soaked hair and pull him back by it, leaning against his naked, clammy back. He holds his hands out to either side, and Sasha, still wearing most of her clothing, scoots back and away. "Sure. Sure." Enough-to-Eat says this, spraying spittle from fear, "I wasn't bruising! Just fun, Esco."
  • "I told you not to beat on her, Eats — nobody beats on my girls. Not you, not the Fat Man, No. Body." I keep the knife there, and pull him back and away from Sash. "We're gunna have a little talk, you and me. You and your boys are gettin' in the way of Norvell doin' his business — and that's bad for my business, 'cause Norvell's folks pay top coin to spend time with my girls. Now I might've just come here, let you guys snog your frustrations out, and chatted kindly with you 'bout goin' back to work — but then you stuck a fekin' gun in my face, and beat on my girl here. Now, you don't get that fekin' luxury. Now you 'n your boys are goin' back to work, or I'll slit your fekin' throats — we clear?"

Enough-to-Eat, pants around his ankles, stumbles when you pull him back from Sasha. There's a moment when you glance over at her, and Sasha has this look of amazement on her face, for you right now.

You are definitely Going Aggro here. Let's see some dice.
  • OOC: Going Aggro (using A devil with a blade). Roll+Hot (highlighted).
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 2, 5. Total: 9)

"Alright." Enough-to-Eat says, slowly moving his hands down for his pants, but he'll stop if you want him to stop. "All Norvy wants is the fuggin' drill. He don't give two shites for us. We... we made that drill. And he sent you out here to steal it."
  • edited December 2016
    And I do want him to stop. Let his little dick flop around in the cold for a bit. "He sent me here to convince you blazebrains to get back to work — but if you cookers would rather waste your time pointin' guns at folks, and chokin' girls, maybe you should find somewhere else to do it." I take my knife off his neck, but don't put it away. "How much for the drill?"

Enough-to-Eat stiffens. Not there. Around his shoulders and neck. "Uh... it's a really good drill, built off four broken ones. At Shady Shops, I'd get four, easy... whuh-why?"
  • I laugh, hard. So much for buyin' this guy's fekin' piece of shite drill... "Yeah, forget that. If I hooked you up with a buyer, willin' to pay your four, would you consider splittin' the profits of whatever Norvell would pay extra to keep it?" I'd imagine Norvell would pay a pretty penny to keep his operation alive... There's gotta be profit for it. "You'd have to go back to work 'til then, of course..."
  • edited December 2016

Enough-to-Eat waggles his head a little, trying to follow, plus, he's got a knife to his throat and his pecker out, so that's distraction, too. "Yeah... you get us four, we can move on to somewhere safer." He swallows, then offers up, "Or... you let us go, we slip around to drill somewhere else, let you move it for half the profits. There's a nearby hole and Simms smells oil in it."
  • My eyebrows perk at the mention of oil... Oil is good. Oil is big jingle... But is he good for it? "Why's he right?"

Enough-to-Eat shifts to try and look back at you, "Simms said he worked rigs outside. Said he remembers."
  • Hmm... Could work. I eye him up and down. "And you trust him enough to guarantee me jingle?"

"Yeah. I do." Enough-to-Eat answers plainly. He starts to reach for his pants again, guessing that you're at some kind of accord.
  • OOC: Last hold: Is he telling the truth?

He's not lying that Simms has told him that stuff, but he's not so sure about the oil himself. He figures he'd rather push that off to tomorrow and find some way to make you happy or GTFO then versus a cut throat or loss of livelihood, because that drill's obviously worth more than his skin is.
  • I step in one last time before he reaches down for his pants, and stick him just under his chin with the point of my knife – noting dangerous, just a pinprick. "Make it happen – but know this, Eat: if your hands find the neck of another woman, then I'll be doing business with your very wealthy partners, while they plan your fekin' funeral... We clear?"
  • edited December 2016

Enough-to-Eat hisses a breath when you cut him, then stands still. He doesn't nod when you ask if he's clear (knife), but instead says, "Yeah. Yeah-yeah, Clear. As a bell. Let-let me go, Esco. I'll go you that oil. I swear."
  • I slip my knife back into its holder, and nod. "C'mon girls – let's head home."

Sasha slides up to you, pulling your arm around her. Pixel and Wanda follow you as you leave Enough-to-Eat pulling his pants back on and checking the blood on his neck.

End Scene