[DVFP] Depot Meetup (C 2.3, G 2.4, J 2.4, M 2.2)

edited December 2016 in aw2e-dvfp
Cinch,
You wake the next afternoon, a bit of a crick in your neck from sleeping in the cramped back seat, but Joe's Girl in your arms balances the scales. She gives you a couple kisses, then snatches up her clothes and groans as she moves her bruised and battered body the morning after that big fight. You've got a bit of cottonmouth when you emerge from your car to head out for some food. From the light above you slept in a bit.

Head fuzzy, you head to the Traders' Tents, get some coffee and eggs at Gran'ma Tatts. The food's a wee bit spicy, but the coffee is good and black, just what you need. While you're sitting on one of her bar stools, shaded by the flap on the edge of her tent, you spot June and Rothschild. Rothschild took something from you a while back, what was it?

June, After the programming lesson, you hunt around for Cinch. A few people point you towards Traders' Tents, and that's where you find her, sitting there sipping some coffee, a bowl of eggs on the small bar. Rothschild points her out, in case you missed her, then she hangs back, letting you greet her. It's not exactly like Rothschild's starstruck by Cinch. Not exactly.

What do you do?

Comments

Motley,
    The crue rumbles in through the west gate, and you deliver Gigg to the pair of doctors who man the clinic located in one of the High Rent buildings. It'll cost a jingle to get him looked at, Motley. Who pays it?

Last, Krin and the rest of the 'Zons want to take Swagman off to Gigg's junkeyard to bury Lala. What do you tell them, Motley?

Despite your losses, there is a good amount of barter to go around. Motorhead has the box truck brought to Traders' Tents to swap out what you took off Ziggy's patrol and from her camp. Everyone's excited to get some grub and brew, but they're also wary that Ziggy and her second-in-command Ik the sniper, are both in Depot, too. Selling Ziggy's loot might make TFM upset, hard to tell.

Oh, when you come along to Traders' Tents, you run into Cinch, Rothschild, and June.

What do you do?

I let Rothschild drift back a bit without comment. "Cinch, glad to catch you still in town. Your drivin's a thrill, even to watch on the outside." I lean in place on a crutch next to her. "Is it too early to talk about that business from yesterday?"

Been hearin' a whole lot of engines this past hour..lo and behold, I spot one Motley, searchin' the tents for trade. Feels like it's been a dog's age. Naturally, I glance about for his Crue.
    June,
    What's your rep with the crue? Do they think of you as the Vinegar seller, or do they know about your other skills? Oh, and you don't spot Twisted Sister among them, what were things like with you two?

We ride in to drop off Gigg at the docs, he is not looking so good. "Doc, fix him up good. I'll cover the jingle." I reach into my saddle bags and grab a amount of jingle wrapped up in a bundle. "Here you go?" I toss him the bundle.

I look at the Amazons and how eager they are to lay the body to rest. I nod to them to let them have their time. "Last, when you and your girls finish saying your words, I want to talk with you when you have a chance."
  • edited December 2016

I'm just a Vinegar seller to the Crue. Well, to most of them.

Sis has a better understanding of me - she's seen me defend myself. We're cautious around each other, but there's no hostility per se. Sometimes our barriers come down a little and we get to enjoy some pretty scornful gossip together.
    Motley,
    Last nods, "Sure, Motley. We need to drive out to Gigg's junkyard and back. It'll be a few hours." She gives Krin a nod and they move over to pull Lala's body from Swagman, then stow in on Last's bike and ride off."

June,
    Tesla, the one who carries around a katana and always has some kind of gum on him, comes over near you, but you're engaged with Cinch. Seems like he has something to say, but he can wait.
  • edited December 2016

Waking up is the price you pay for celebrating. I roll my neck, stretch, give Joe's Girl one last kiss and get on with my fuggin' day.

Body little sore, but nothing burning in the trunk and nobody (that I know of) expecting shiite of me, I stroll casually over to Gran'ma Tatt's for some calories and some shade.

Happy to see June show up, and yeah I notice Rothschild doing her bit of guide-dogging. Year or so ago I got a little careless with the car and a pair of shorts and my best pair of boots went missing from the back seat... now I'm not one to hold a grudge right but Rothschild looks to be about my shoe size.

I take my time with a long sip of coffee before answering.

"Mornin' June! Yeah? You were there, had a feeling," I turn in my chair to face her, elbow on the table. "Never too early for talkin' is it? You need a bite?" I offer a seat but June looks to be in a bit of a hurry, might not take it.

Motley shows up though, hanging on the peripheral.

"Sup, Motley!" I call over, then return my attention to June.

I lower my voice, this bein' business, "The Irons, right? Need to see Rufe if I remember? Yeah... I got no particulars to deal with today so you're my gig."

"I managed to find my way in." Someone with business nudges into the empty seat next to Cinch. "I've already eaten, thank you. This place is good, especially if you love it spicy."

I glance over at Motley when Cinch hollers to him..it looks to me like he'll have enough standing room to join us when he's done talking to his Crue. Hmm, but that's..the head of the Amazons? Huh.

"Yeah, just as you recall. You can pick up the package from me at 220 in High Rent when you're ready. 'Scuse me a moment, Stazie." I turn around a bit to face Tesla.

"Tesla, you keepin' cool?"
  • edited December 2016
    June,
    Tesla doesn't meet your eyes, "I'm still kicking." He clears his throat, "Anyways, I knew you and Twisted Sis were, I dunno, tight. She bit it earlier today. Took down a couple on the way. She died hard." He swallows, looks up finally to you, and nods.

I spot Cinch while saying my goodbyes to Last, and nod at her. When Last leaves with the 'Zons, I sigh at the spot Gigg has put me in. I need some food and some drink...definitely some drink. I look to Motor, "Be sure and get a decent barter for this stuff but don't haggle too hard. I want to be free of it and its ties."

I walk over to where Cinch and June, I think, are talking. I pass by the food stall and get two bottles of brew. I chug the first on my way over and toss it in the trash barrel, "Hey Cinch, haven't seen you much since you traded down to that 4-wheeler of yours" I laugh knowing Cinch will not take offense at the joke. She's a damn good at whatever she gets behind, but the way she could maneuver a bike was like a well played riff.
    Motley,
    Motorhead takes Winger and Dio with him to carry shite and starts working on deals.

Cinch, Quiet Riot screams out your name and runs up to tackle-hug you. "Ciiiiinch!" she says brightly with one more squeeze, then steps back, looks to you, June, "Hey Vinny." then she glances at Rothschild, smirking, "Nice boots!"
    Back to you, Cinch, "We gotta go riding later, okay?"

Tesla doesn't get hangdog for anythin', so.. "You're not fuggin' with me." It's a statement, not a question. Then QR blurs by me before I can form any questions about it.

"Hey Shock Top," I greet QR with a deflated voice before turnin' back to Tesla. "What happened? What sorta fight was it?"

I'm listenin' to Cinch and Motley, too. I remember stories of them ridin' together.

I nod to June, "I'll swing by in a jiff, catch ya then." And try to treturn to my meal but am delightfully interrupted by the Crüe.

"She is a bit'a crowbait, but damn if it ain't easier to keep my balance on four wheels," I joke with Motley. He's good folks, most of the Crüe are, despite their reputation.

Then Quiet Riot tackles into me, I laugh out loud and shout her name happily back, "dayum you're in a good mood! Motley, hey, how's the 'sitch at the Irons? Blockade give in to ya? Or Esco finally up and pay the piper?" I doubt he did. Esco isn't the kind to bend to pressure.
  • edited December 2016

I try to keep my expression flat, my emotion off my face, I am not sure how well I manage it, but Cinch isn't here to listen to a sob story. She just wants to catch up.

"Blazes! Stuff has happened quickly in the last 24. It is safe to say the blockade is no more. ... but not without a cost. Some of the Crue fell. " I pause almost unable to get the words out. I clear my throat "Sis and Guns. And Lala from the 'Zons.". I take a deep pull on the bottle. "But they paid for it. We hit Ziggy, although she ran for Depot and is hiding somewhere...along with that prick Preen, who I have a bullet waiting to find him...The crue is in good sorts because of the haul from the blockade. We should get a number of barter out of it."
    I stop talking suddenly unsure of what to say next. I take another drink finishing off the brew.
    June,
    "We were passing through a blockade Ziggy's people set up. They pushed us too far, and then all hell broke out. Tesla answers low, not bragging, like maybe he doesn't want it out who they fought. "We lost Guns, too. Not sure if you remember him. That was Rose's boy. She, ah... she left us. To mourn for him." He added the last bit, but surely it's true, right?

Cinch,
    "We GOT a BOX TRUCK!" Quiet Riot bellows, "Zig's a-holes tried to roll up on us with a box fuggin' truck and we rhymed and stealed it out from under them! They had a rattler! And we didn't EVEN care!" She does this weird foot shuffle victory dance, then offers a high five to Rothschild.
    Rothschild does not take her up on it.
  • edited December 2016

Quiet Riot starts in her usual boisterous manner, "yeah I know about the rattler, took a hit from the damned thing..." incorrectly assume she means the fifty, but Motley... yeah gotta respond to Motley:

I turn, suddenly more somber and indicate Motely's empty brew, "fill 'em up and bring me another." I order drinks for Motley, myself, and if QR or Rothschild are drinking, them too. I don't usually drink the shiite they serve here. Place works for coffee-black and eggs but for drinking, you want to go to the Diamond.

"I didn't know... Motley... they went down fightin' and kickin' and we'll share a drink to 'em, now they gone somewhere green."

I'd give motley a hug but not in front of everyone like this. Instead just clasp hands and lean my forehead against his. Not too gentle-like either. Share his heat, his loss. At least until those drinks come fresh.

I've got to rub on one of my ears with QR's shoutin'. "I do remember Guns, yeah." That man was a trigger-pull. "Hope Rose finds the peace she needs." Or at least comes back to the Crue soon - she was alright and I'd hate for her to gut it out alone for too long with some of the scorch I'm hearin' lately.

I lean in to Tesla a little, sensin' his effort to not spread this business around, I lower my voice. "Listen, Tes, Ziggy bought the right to that patrol, and she never had the strength in bodies to keep it. Not really. Chances are she's in terr'ble hock right now. So either Fat Man has to patrol two more towns with his own men, or he needs to put that right up for auction again. Or, he abandons that patrol while he shores up Depot against the UF. Bad times. Share that with your boss when you're both sober."

I separate from Tesla after that tidbit dispensation, for free in memory of Sis and Rose and yeah even Guns..I pat Cinch's shoulder briefly and nod to Motley. "I've got to see to some things at home. You all stay cool, and I'll have some new brew up in a week, you hear?"
  • edited December 2016
    June,

"Yeah," Tesla says, drinking all that in, taking it to heart. "Thanks for the tip, June. I owe you one." He offers a quick smile, not one of happiness, more like showing some kindness in the middle of your deal so you see he means what he's saying.
    June, where are you headed next?

Cinch and Motley,
    Quiet Riot jogs over to a nearby tent to grab more homebrews and brings them up. She spends a moment with an opener off her key ring of many shinies (tm) and opens them up, holding one for you, Cinch and another for you, Motley.
    She holds her brew to the hot sky and screams, "To somewhere green! For those who went bydie bye! Sis! Guns! Lalaaaa!"
    Several crue pick up the names and let out whoops of remembering.
  • edited December 2016

"I'll hold you to it." It's also possible TFM wanted Ziggy to fail, let the smaller gangs rattle around each other for a while, and recruit the leftovers for a future bid. Not worth sharing that thought.

I touch Rothschild's arm and just like I said, I head back to my place to work on brewin'.
    June,
    Please go here.

I look at Cinch as we knock heads. She has such a way of simplifying things, "Damn Straight, they did." I take my bottle from Riot and join the toast. "To somewhere green!"

I look back at Cinch and Riot "Ride hard and die young." and take a swig of the brew. "How's the road treating you Cinch? Looks like life is treating you good here in Depot?"

I stay somber for the farewells, but there's an undercurrent of friendship, of a life well-lived and it's hard to be down among old friends. Melancholy, I reckon, someone better with words than me would put it.

I raise a glass and join Motley in his toast, "Ride hard!" I leave out the part about dyin' though.

After a moment to let the mouth-full of swill settle, I answer him, "just pitstoppin' here but I ain't complaining, Motley. Ran a match in the arena for shiites, we took the purse and kicked UF's hornet's nest for our trouble... when time comes for leavin' the Depot I'm leavin' hot."

Pretty sure we smoothed things over, but I'm not taking chances when I'm carrying June's delivery.

"What brings y'all to the Depot?"
  • edited December 2016

"We had someone injured in the second fight with Ziggy's crew on her turf, Gigg got hurt while him and Riot were drawing fire for the crue." I lift the bottle to my lips and pause a big smile on my lips, "...and to sell Ziggy's stuff we grabbed today."

I whisle low, "helluva scrap if it took a bite outta ol' Gigg. Here's to y'all healin' up perty," I clink my mug on his.

"Safe to say the drive back into the Iron's gonna be a lot quieter than the way out, huh? If you're riding back I'll convoy up wit'cha... got a courier gig back to the Irons today."

But I think a second, "Did you take Ziggy out? This shiite got real..."

If Ziggy were dead I somehow think I'd know it... we ain't that far from the Irons here.

Quiet Riot slams her bottle on Gran'ma Tatts bar and answers angrily, "Fug no, we didn't kill her! Her and that sharp-eyed Ik took off like cats in a sandstorm! Mot, I think we should drop some jingle to find her, then drag her wrinkly keyster out of Depot, stake her to the ground and let her bake!"
  • edited December 2016

Back to the irons, that is an interesting thought. "Well I do aim to go back, but I want to take care of some stuff here first. I need to settle up with Esco, make sure we are square when everything went south. Plus we need to empty all this gear and get our barter first. How soon are you heading out?"

I raise my bottle to Quiet Riot, "Riot that's a good idea. I am tired of feeling like I'm behind the 8-ball. Time for the crue to get back to kickin' ass. We need some fuggin payback. I will send Dokken out to spread the word we are lookin' "

I shrug, "gotta swing by and pick up my package, won't be long... so..." and I don't like where Quiet Riot is leadin' this conversation. Little ultraviolent for my taste. I'll roll out on my lonesome rather than get tangled up in that.

Motley may read that on my face. If he's paying attention particular.

"Will see y'all on the flats, then. Ride hard, Crue."

I offer Motley one last clank of the glass before downing it and heading up to take care of business with June.
    Motley,

Are you using the Barter move to get dirt / a location on Ziggy?

When you go into a holding’s bustling market, looking for some particular
    thing to buy
    , and it’s not obvious whether you should be able to just go buy one like
    that, roll+sharp. On a 10+, yes, you can just go buy it like that. On a 7–9, the MC
    chooses 1:
    • It costs 1-barter more than you’d expect
    • It’s not openly for sale, but you find someone who can lead you to someone selling it.
    • It’s not openly for sale, but you find someone who sold it recently, who may be willing to introduce you to their previous buyer.
    • It’s not available for sale, but you find something similar. Will it do?
    On a miss, the MC chooses 1, plus it costs 1-barter more.
  • edited December 2016
    Cinch,

The crue sees you leaving, but they're used to that, right? Quiet Riot raises her bottle to you in a salute. Where are you headed?

I Raise my mug to Quiet Riot and the others, set it down on the bar not quite empty (less drink in me the better) and head for the door.

Outside I take a breath and just spend a couple seconds getting my head on right. Too much fuggin' killing happening at the Irons. Esco must be freaking out... Ziggy must be swearing vengeance... gotta keep sharp today.

I slap my palms on my cheeks and head to the high rent. 220... find June and her pickup.
    Cinch,
    Please go here.

Are you using the Barter move to get dirt / a location on Ziggy?

I believe I am. Rolling+sharp...
    (Rolled: 2d6+0. Rolls: 1, 2. Total: 3)
    Motley,

After dropping not one, but TWO jingle, Dio comes back to report, "Mot, some merchant named Grome told me a cat named Fianelly in Shady Shops was talking to them. Want us to go grab Fianelly and bring him to you?"

It costs 1-barter more, so mark off two barter, which takes out your profit at the market.
  • edited December 2016

I lean back and rub my eyes when Dio relates the events, this gig has already been more trouble than it's worth, but to stop now makes the release of Sis and Guns a waste.
    "Yeah, bring Fianelly in and we can see what Ziggy and he talked about."

Motley, Dio and Quiet Riot fetch Fianelly, pulling him away from his shop over by the black market. Fianelly, a roly-poly man in his fifties who's half bald and half blind, is skittered of you and yours and tells you, "Zig and Ik. They're waiting around the Fat Man's guard barracks, waiting their turn to head into the palace and talk with him. My kid brought them some soup earlier, that's how I know."

What do you do?
  • edited December 2016
    "Fianelly, thank you for the information. It would be best if you say nothing about this." resting my hand on my machete as I speak. When he is gone I look to Dio, "Tell Dok I need him to gather the crue for a meeting. Things are about to get serious."

I sit back and begin thinking about my next move. We were due some payback, the crue deserved that but to make a move in the Fat Man's establishment was a risky thing. I had to be careful, very careful.
    Fianelly nods along, then scurries back to his shop. Dokken heads out to round folks up, including Last and her Zons.

"Mot," Tesla asks while folks are busy. "If we're going head up on TFM in his house, we need Gigg, right? I'll go get him, unless you think that's a bad idea."

"If Gigg is up for it, then his strength would be good. 'Course he does not have the delicate hand this might require. Go get him anyways, it would be good to talk with him anyways." him and Last need to clear the air. She deserves to know especially if she is going to keep riding with me.

"Motley," Quiet Riot says while Tesla takes off. "We gonna roll up on Zig in front of 'em all? Like, hey mama, we just wanna talk it out," then she pulls out her shooter, "With AUTHORITY Blap Blap, You Crinkly Crone! Here's one for Sis! And BLAP BLAP one for Guns! And Rose, too, one to grow on BLAP! hahahaha, let's go roast her and ride the fug off, man!"

I smile at the enthusiasm and innocence of Riot's question. "Well Riot, I think we will be. Ziggy owes us for Sis and Guns. I think The Fat Man will understand why we are owed this and not see it as a disrespect to him directly. And if not then we will face whatever sentencing is passed out." I place my hand on her shoulder, "QR you are amazing. Don't ever change." I walk to the back of the room and prepare for the rest to arrive.

Motley, Last and her Zons come back, they look ready for payback. The rest of your crue except for Tesla, they gather up.

I'm thinking you find a spot in the garage, around your bikes, with other vehicles up on racks, the smell of oil and grease and megahol around you. What are you telling your people, Motley?
  • edited December 2016

I look over my crue, hoping that I am doing the right thing, "We tried to do things all civilized buy paying a toll. Dokken even pointed out this was not our way, we should just take it and not back down. He was right. I made the decision with what I felt was right at the time. Maybe things would have been different, maybe they would not. Either way the civilized way gave Ziggy's band a way to consider us weak. And Sis, Guns & Lala paid for my screw up. "

I begin to pace the floor in front of the group, looking each in the eye as I pass them. "Sure it was Preen's doing in the field. But then I began to think, an alpha, a leader is responsible for the doings of his crue or her band. If Ziggy had a better handle on her band then maybe Sis, Guns & Lala may still be with us. We are about to settle that score. We will ride to where Ziggy is hiding under the Fat Man's wing hoping to escape retribution. We want our blood owed. I think even the Fat man can understand that. We ride and demand Ziggy come out or we come in. Understand we do not make the first shot unless they try and play chicken. Then we go in and TAKE IT!." I clinch my fist at the last few words, emphasizing my intent.

"Dokken, Why will we take it?" I call out for him, hoping he catches my intent of the chant from my last speech similar to this one. I took it from him before and lead to a beat down, he deserves this opportunity to start it up.

Dokken, still carrying that stupidly slow chainsaw, raises it over his head with both hands, "We will not allow others to tell us what we deserve in life. We are the Mother Fugging Crue!"" The tone isn't mocking you like before, this time it's ringing it out like a clarion call to arms.
    The rest of the crue raises fists and guns, but nobody wastes bullets on this exult. They all know they'll need them.
    "Motley", Last says when the shouts die down a little. "If they're holed up with The Fat Man's guards, that's one bigass hornet's nest. They outnumber us five to one. Easy. Maybe we lure 'em out, then take payback?"

"Yes, we have to find a way to lure them out. I would prefer if we could only get Ziggy out without harm to The Fat Man's people. That should make our debt less. Other wise we need a bigger army. I know that won't be how it plays out but that's how we try it..." I start to smile, "Let's not pick a fight we don't need to. Let go talk to the Fat Man and warn him out of respect what we aim to do. Then Ziggy has no one to hide behind."

I turn to Dokken, "Get the Crue ready, me and Last have to take care of something then we go for Ziggy. Got it? "

Dokken gets to work, ordering the crue around, making sure bikes are ready to move, setting up some eyes and ears and checking weapons.
    Last walks with you outside of the garage, "I think Ziggy might meet with you, one on one. If she thinks you're there to parley. She's got nothing. Fat Man sent her out as chum to you. Throw her a bone, she's lived this long, she's got to be smart about something. And Ik's a helluva sniper. Best I've ever seen."
    Motley, how would the crue react if you did what Last's asking? What do you do?

I look at her remembering the last time we prepped for "war" then negotiated our way out. "No, we can't talk our way out of this one. They need blood for what happened. I want to look in her eyes and see that loneliness before we end her. I don't want to go through The Fat Man to do so but I will if necessary."

I pause for a minute, thinking about my words, "Last, I gotta tell you something that you are not gonna want to hear but you need to know. I was hoping Gigg's would do it but since I don't know if he's coming back you gotta know. Gigg got crazy or whatever in the battle...back at the roadblock. He killed Lala. It was some kind of revenge for something she did. He said something about the man inside his head told him to do it. I dont know if he is insane or something else, but you needed to know. You are part of my crue, I wont keep a secret like this from you. I will also back your play however you want to deal with this."
    Motley, after you tell Last what happened, offer support, wait for her reaction, you catch a shadow. It's Gigg, with Tesla behind. Not sure how much he heard, but Tesla's got an "oh shite" looking on his face. Last's back is to Gigg.

Gigg, you walk up at the end of Motley telling Last that you killed Lala. Tesla's still with you, behind you, and Last hasn't heard you come up yet.

What do you do?
  • "It's all true, Last. Every last bit of what Mot said. You shoulda heard it from the grapevine, and I swear I was plannin' on tellin' ya out at the junkyard when we planted her, but it just didn't work out that way."

I regret what I did to Lala, but I'm not sure it changes anything to tell her that, so I just own what I did and wait for the hammer to drop.

Timing, Gigg you have the worst timing. I watch Last as she considers my words followed by Gigg's appearance and comments. The guy did wrong but seems to be genuinely distraught about it. That's something. I hope Last doesn't want to kill him, even if that would be within her rights to want revenge....I would still back it.
    Last is shocked by this, floored. Her mouth opens for a long moment before she looks between the two of you.
    Finally, she faces you, Gigg, her right hand drifting down to her belt where she has a six-shooter. "When the Ratcatchers brought hell down on the Amazons and Foster bowed knee to Saint Anger to save her scrawny ass, six girls left with me. Lala was the youngest, but she was the first to step to me." She holds up her left hand fingers curled showing only her forefinger pointed to the sun, "The first."
    She's all coiled anger, barely under control, but she does keep a lid on that to ask, "What did she do to you, Gigg?"
  • Nodding as she describes Lala's character, I rip off my mask and toss it to the ground. Mainly because I don't want Pops to hear this, but also since they've all seen me anyway. I'm way less aggressive and threatening without it on. "What she did to me is between her and me and the fencepost,". I say dropping my stick to the ground, wrench carbindered to my belt, and hands up like stop signs. "But I swear she and I have talked since and hashed it all out. She's helped me unnerstand a lot of things. A lot of terrible things. Like how The Fat Man is my pops and how he's been using me without me knowing, using me to do bad things, real bad things. We got got a plan, her and me, she's gonna help me kill The Fat Man. I know you want your blood justice, but so do I. This plan is most likely a one way trip into the Palace, so if you just let me go, you'll have your blood justice. This is what Lala wants."
    Gigg, I'm going to need a Manipulate roll for Last here. Motley, if you want to help, and see a way to help, you can.
  • OOC: Manipulate, roll+hot
    (Rolled: 2d6-1. Rolls: 5, 1. Total: 5)

"Last, I can't tell you which way you go with this. And like I said I will back your play regardless. Gigg has a lot of strange about him, I do know this pops person whoever he is had a influence on Gigg, I dont understand it but maybe do this sets him right. Maybe he is the weapon that brings down The Fat Man."

"Help a friend" (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 4. Total: 9)

Last's mouth becomes a thin line at your explanation, Gigg. When you offer support to her, Motley, she softens slightly, but this is a grave thing. She sets her jaw for a moment, thinking through this crazy plan of yours.
    "You want blood, Gigg? Your own daddy's blood?" There's a subtle prick in that statement, Gigg, hard to tell if she intended it or you just heard it. "I want to kill Foster, and take back all the Zons who will come. You took one of my girls from me. You fuggin' owe me this. Once we settle on Ziggy, then you help me with Saint Anger. Once that's done, once I have the Zons back, then we will all help you take down your daddy."

What do you do?
  • I make a quick glance at Motley, trying to read his reaction to Last's offer, but then I realize it doesn't matter.

"More than square to the root, Last." I pause for moment, licking my dry lips and raising a hand to shield my eyes from the blaring sun. "Deal. Until we plant your Anger issues, I belong to you."

Last spits on her hand and holds it to you, Gigg. She meets your eyes, Motley as they shake hands. The deal is struck.

End Scene