[DVFP] Sierra the Skinner

edited March 2017 in aw2e-dvfp

Stats
Cool +1 Hard +1 Hot +2 Sharp +2 Weird 0

Look
woman, casual/luxe wear, sweet face, arresting eyes, quick hands, and a slim body.

Moves
An arresting skinner: when you remove a piece of clothing, your own or someone else’s, no one who can see you can do anything but watch. You command their absolute attention. If you choose, you can exempt individual people, by name.

Hypnotic: when you have time and solitude with someone, they become fixated upon you. Roll+hot. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 2. They can spend your hold, 1 for 1, by:

• Giving you something you want.

• Acting as your eyes and ears.

• Fighting to protect you.

• Doing something you tell them to.

For NPCs, while you have hold over them they can’t act against you. For PCs, instead, anytime you like you can spend your hold, 1 for 1:

• They distract themselves with the thought of you. They’re acting under fire.

• They inspire themselves with the thought of you. They take +1 right now.

On a miss, they hold 2 over you, on the exact same terms.

Lost: when you whisper someone’s name to the world’s psychic maelstrom, roll+weird.
On a hit, they come to you, with or without any clear explanation why. On a 10+, take +1forward against them. On a miss, the MC will ask you 3 questions; answer them truthfully.

Eager to Know: when you go to someone for advice, they must tell you honestly what they think the best course is. If you pursue that course, take +1 to any rolls you make in the pursuit. If you pursue that course but don’t accomplish your ends, you mark
experience

Special
If you and another character have sex, choose one:

• You take +1 forward and so do they.

• You take +1 forward; they take -1.

• They must give you a gift worth at least 1-barter.

• You can hypnotize them as though you’d rolled a 10+, even if you haven’t chosen to get the move.

Gear & Barter
Ornate Dagger (2 harm)
Long Gorgeous Coat (worn, valuable)
Hair and Skin kit (+1 hot)
oddments worth 2-barter
fashion suitable to your look (you detail)
Joy Buzzer +1 Hard, delivers S-Harm, tags and close, hand

Hx
My name is Sierra. I know why I am here. I know why we are all here. I pissed off someone important. And now I am in this sham of a town, being gawked at by who knows how many go tsao de assholes. I know what _she_ wants to see, _she_ wants me to give her what I wouldn't on the outside... we'll see about that. In the meantime, I can be found around the Irons, a slim figure in a pale blue dress and soft cream leather jacket. But don't come around looking for *that*, I'm just a patron like everyone else. Girls got to find a way to dull it all, don't she?

In my spare time I read, anything I can get my hands on. I collect books, poetry if I can find it. Sometimes I sing, but not lately. If your lucky and kind I'll read to you...

Cinch is my friend.

Motley is in love with me.

Motley: +1
Cinch: +2
Gigg: -1
June: +2

Comments

Sierra,

What's your favorite book that you've read here? What part of it is missing?

How did you and Cinch become friends, anyways? What do you see in her that you wish you had?

I've only been here a month, but in that time I found out people were willing to trade books and things for almost nothing. Books don't have a ton of value to a population who, in large, can't read their own names. So, I have managed to collect a minor meager library, though it's nothing like... like... before.

I have found a collections of poems by William Blake, T.S. Eliot, and D.H. Lawrence. I found Paradise Lost - though I have read that one before. I also have copies of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Pride and Prejudice, and an odd book called Sword Singer. My favorite though is my collection of Shakespeare comedies, the best hands down being a play called "A MidSummer Nights Dream."

There is a large chunk missing though. In one scene Titania is in love with the weaver, Nick Bottom. Who is transformed into a thing. But she still loves him and pets him and cares for him. Then the next time we see him, he is back with the players - playing at love through a chink in the wall. The first time I read that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I thought I could see her cold, cruel smile from beyond the wall. Me, performing.

Still he is happier there and she is happier with Oberon (though I don't know why, he's a real ass). And all the couples are made right in the end and the faeries bless them. And Robin - oh Robin at the end. "Lift up your hands if we be friends..."

I hope I find friends in here, and out there if it comes to it, that or turn into shadow.
  • edited November 2016

I did make a friend though - unlikely as that is - and a girl too. I've been staying away from all the women in the DVFP. Don't count the whores in that number, they are too familiar for me to worry bout - but I've found on the inside that men are easier to deal with, simpler.

My skin still crawls when a new one looks at me. Most of them look at me one of three ways - like something they want to devour, like an angel, or both -- like something good that they need to consume, till my bones are picked clean and shining. Smooth ivory for their collection.

Not all of them though. Motley is good, he tries to hide it though. And there is something about Esco - I can't put my finger on it. He plays fair, most of the time.

But they aren't my friends. The girls, one named Marigold - for her hair - she's come close. She sits near me, not touching, and just asks if I could read to her. She's sweet, likes Blake, and could almost be an acquaintance - if I ever asked her about herself.

Then there is Cinch. I stayed far away from her from the moment I saw her. She was about as nice as shiong mao niao. She was acrid. She was strong. She was trouble. Just being near her put me on edge, made my wrists burn, and sent critters up and down my skin.

Early on my days here I found a quiet spot at the top of The Irons. I can't see the wall from there and it's a beautiful view. It almost makes the whole thing Kot'n real, but it's not. She saw me up there, on the tin roof, catching the last of the sun's rays as the world fell into twilight.

Cinch is so little that I didn't hear the gorram biker saddle up next to me. She just stayed with me till it was dark.

We didn't talk that night, but we talked a lot since then. It was nice sharing a quiet moment with someone who didn't want something from me. So, she's my friend. It's... nice... having a friend.
  • Used 1 hold, 2 left - Esco
  • 3 holds towards Esco, total 5 holds.
  • Updated hold count:
    Reese: 2
    Fleece: 1
    Esco: 5
    Cinch: 2
  • Hold count Esco: 4
  • Update: Fleece - 3 holds
  • Used a hold on Cinch, current count: 1
  • Updated Hold Counts:
    Fleece: 3
    Esco: 3
    Cinch 1
  • Advancement Update: Advanced 1, Total Experience Left: 3
  • Advancement - Taking a move from the Savvyhead skin: Deep Insights: +1 Weird
  • Advancement - Skinner Move, Lost
    Experience Left: +2
  • edited December 2016
    Experience +3

Experience +4
  • Rolled Cold, Experience +5 and Advance...
  • edited April 2017
    Taking
    Eager to Know: when you go to someone for advice, they must tell you honestly what they think the best course is. If you pursue that course, take +1 to any rolls you make in the pursuit. If you pursue that course but don’t accomplish your ends, you mark
    experience
  • Updated Hold Counts:
    Esco: 2
    Cinch 1
  • edited March 2017
    Updated Hold Counts:
    Koray: 3

Updated EXP: 9! (Really 4, because of deep brain scan, which I need to add)
  • edited April 2017
    Updated Hold Count:

Koray: 3
    TFM: 3
    June: 3

Updated XP: 0!!! 2 new moves have been added. :)
  • edited April 2017
    Deep brain scan: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone—mutual
    intimacy like holding them in your arms, or 1-sided intimacy like they’re restrained to a table—you can read them more deeply than normal. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3.

On a 7–9, hold 1. While you’re reading them, spend your hold to ask their player questions, 1 for 1:

• What was your character’s lowest moment?
    • For what does your character crave forgiveness, and of whom?
    • What are your character’s secret pains?
    • In what ways are your character’s mind and soul vulnerable?
    On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.

AND

Artful & gracious: when you perform your chosen art—any act of expression or culture—or when you put its product before an audience, roll+hot. On a 10+, spend 3. On a 7–9, spend 1. Spend 1 to name an NPC member of your audience and choose one:
    • This person must meet me.
    • This person must have my services.
    • This person loves me.
    • This person must give me a gift.
    • This person admires my patron.
    On a miss, you gain no benefit, but suffer no harm or lost opportunity. You simply
    perform very well.