[DVFP] Bought Vengeance (M 3.2)

Motley,
After dropping your gang's last jingle to put word out you're looking for Preen, one of the miners out of work tells you he's hiding in Norvell's old place, a place he dug out of the ground himself over the course of a few years. Dokken, Whitesnake, and a couple others volunteer to rush in and get him, but you know he'll probably put up a fight.

What do you do?

Comments

I look at each of the volunteers, "Each of you need to understand my words. We are there for Preen alone. I have given my word to not let this spread to Esco and those under his protection. If this spills out into the others then that means I can't keep my promises. Now you know he will put up a fight so if you need to end him quickly to lessen the blood spilled, do it. Understood!

Go Alpha (+hard) (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 1, 3. Total: 6)
    Motley,
    Dokken, Whitesnake and Winger charge into Norvell's old place. You hear some gunfire, the sound of fighting, and then Winger comes out with the gore-dripping head of Preen, all smiles and showing the head off to the crue, who hoot and holler with excitement for the deed being done.
    "The coward hid behind some woman!" Dokken bellows to everyone. "Said he'd kill her if we got any closer... so we did it for him, then gave him an early release!"
    They're charged up about that, then they all move into Norvell's and start picking the place clean of valuables.

What do you do?
  • edited January 2017

"What the Chum!" I shout as I charge into Norvell's. I begin grabbing Whitesnake, Winger & Dokken and start shoving them out of the place. "This aint your jingle. Drop the stuff and head out of here. We aint go no rights to the stuff. This is all belongs to Norvell's kin."

"Mot, we just blew our last jingle hunting this chum, and these fools hid him from vengeance!" Dokken pipes back, not wanting to get pushed down. "This junk's ours now! They're dead, they can't hold it. These miners will just strip it, and they aren't US."
    You can feel eyes on you, Motley. They're hungry, and they want jingle and barter for Diamond.
    Quiet Riot pulls out her pistol-gripped sawed-off, double-barrel shotty, which she has carefully decorated with feathers, beads and brightly colored paint. She's even named it Twinkles, and she uses buckshot so she "doesn't have to aim too good", and she swings it around, pointing at Dokken, Whitesnake and Winger, then the others, "Stow it, LUGNUTS!" She hops on each foot, the waggles Twinkles, "Mot's got a fuggin' plan! He didn't want any dead heads but Preen and now we got one, so you BLEW IT! Don't get up in his facial about your fug-upped-ness! I will pull a Sis on you chum right now!"
    Things are, needless to say, a little tense right now, and it almost feels like some battle-lines have been drawn.
    What do you do, Motley?
  • edited January 2017

I stand back and watch, a slight smirk shows on my face. "You really want to go to blows then we take it to the arena next time we are there, or you know what, take it out on each other now for all I care. I'm done." I get up to walk away, "I get to tell Sierra that the job is done but I couldn't keep my promise after all."

I pass a trash bin as I make my way to my bike and kick it in anger. I drive off fuming and disappointed. 'Maybe I should have just let this go. Is the revenge worth it if it cost others their lives as collateral?'

I ride back to the Diamond and look for Sierra. As I enter I scan the room to see if Marigold is still there as well.
    As you head into Diamond, please go here.