[DVFP] Weird Bird Eggs (C 3.5, G 3.8, M 3.4)

edited January 2017 in aw2e-dvfp
Motley,
You wake with Marigold in your arms. She stirs, then heads off to the bathroom (most rooms don't have one) to wash up, asking you to head down for food and she'll meet you. You walk into the bar proper and Rufe is behind it with Ivy, they're serving food for the girls and anyone who stayed the night. Half your gang is around, sitting at tables and munching quietly on food. Looks like they're eating fried or poached bits of some weird bird eggs. Cinch comes walking in from the outside, road dust still falling off her boots.

Cinch, you drop off Esco and head into Diamond to look for food. The girls are cooking up eggs, the smell is almost as good as a diner outside, but not quite. Motley's here with some of the crue. He sees you coming in. Motley has a tired, but satisfied look on his face.

What do you do?

Comments

• edited January 2017

I pause in the doorway, take in the place and let the delicious smell waft through me.

I have my ubiquitous helmet in my hand, and just fresh from dropping Esco at Fleece's I've yet to have a chance to clean up and wash the dried blood outta my hair. I meet eyes with some of the crue, surprised to find them up and around 'fore noon. And I can't help but wonder what has Motley lookin' so satisfied.

"You look like the cat tha'caught the canary," I say tongue-in-cheek to Motley as I walk past and find a seat somewhere nearby. Toss my helmet on the table and sit in the fuggin' chair like I really need it this time.

Raise a hand to the barkeep or server or whoever is awake at this hour and get some of that grub.
    Cinch,
    Rufe heads over to you, "Hey there, Cinch, you want something to eat, something for your, ah, your head?" She looks much better than last you two met, seems somewhat "at home" here. Also, she's not dressed like she's a working girl, nothing revealing.

OOC: We haven't had it "on screen", so I'd like to say Cinch hasn't delivered June's package till now, if that's ok.

Good to see. I try to smile at her, my head aches.

"Rufe! Yeah, set me up a plate," I guess it shows. "Is it that bad? I got close and personal with some frontie lead this mornin' and... you know? It don't agree with me." I rub a hand through my shortish hair. It's dried up nicely but must look a fright. What I wouldn't give for an honest-to-goodness shower right now.

"Looks like you're doing all right here? How's your boy?"

I smile as Cinch passes by and start walking to her table, "Two beers and plates for me as well, when you get a chance Rufe." I let out a low whistle at Cinch's injury. "Never can stay out of trouble, can you Cinch?"
    Rufe heads off, bringing back some food and drink for the both of you.

I laugh, "learned from you, Motley!" I kick under the table to move a chair out a bit for him. "Join me? I'll be stickin' round the Irons a bit more'n average for a while... what's got you burnin' the breeze this mornin?"

He does look kind of pleased. But in that weary way one does when you've come through bad times on the right side of things.
  • edited January 2017

"Its just a good morning after a rough few days. I finally made Preen pay for his startin' a fight with me, but I figure the happy can't last long so I'm enjoying it while it does. Things are lookin' to head to a big clash. 'Course some in the Crue have suggested I take up running territory that used to be Ziggy's. Hell, I don't know if I wanna be tied to The Fat Man, ya know."

I don't know why I'm talking so much, maybe it was all the stress relief after last night, maybe it is just Cinch was one of us, but gone her own way. She's separate from what's been happening, and I could always rely on her not mincing words. Who knows but it does feel good to let it out.
  • edited January 2017

I nod, understand pretty well right now that things are comin' to a clash. I hadn't heard about Preen though... dead? I don't want to ask just now.

I shake my head, "lemme tell you somethin'" I lean forward, elbow on the table, "the Crüe rides for the brand, Motley. That's you... and takin' orders from the Fat Man turns you into..." I can't think of just the right word, "somethin' else. You know that pile of junk you made out there that used to be Ziggy's muscle? Think they use'ta ride for something 'sides their weekly jingle?" I shake my head, "you don't wanna have'ta take orders like that... Motley, you follow the Fat Man and some day... gonna come down to shootin' with 'im."

I punctuate the last bit with a little gun-finger pointed at him. Finally lean back in my chair.

I smile at Cinch, "I miss having you around Cinch, You seem to always cut through all the blaze and get to the point. You're right of course. I think I'm going to pass on that after all. " I smile, "So are you ok? You got something you are needing help with?"
  • edited January 2017
    Leaning back in my chair, I sigh and sit up again.

"Ain't gonna bs ya, Motley, I been shot in the head in the last twenty-four hours... twice I think... so you just take my opinion with that in mind. But..." I nod, "Fat Man comes with baggage."

He asks about my own problems, wow I have my share. More than usual.

"I just got caught up in someone else's fight an'made it my own problem, dont' think there's much to do 'bout it now except if you ever hear bullets ringin' my bell maybe come gimme a hand..." it's starting to sink in, "and I uh... got some new... new wheels... and a wrecked bike I might need some help bringin' back to life."

I know that's right up his alley.

"Maybe we can ride again."

"Sure, I can get Motor to take a look at them and see what he can do. Riding again is no problem. Some in the crue would even be happy to have you back. You meaning joining the crue again after going solo or just for a job? " I look at her concerned that it is worse that she is wanting to say.

Quiet Riot comes skipping out of one of the rooms, ambles over to your table. She's wearing a black bra, some leather pants that are four sizes too big for her and held up by a pair of suspenders you've never seen on her, and she's barefoot. She stretches, arms up high to the sky, her mouth wide open as she moans with the movement, then she grabs your mug, Cinch and takes a drink, "Hey Cinchy! Motley, this place is fuggin Disneyland! I love paying a guy to do whatever I want, it's liberating. Can I rent one for like... a while? How much does that cost?"

I answer Motley, "now I ain't askin' for a place all permanent-like with the Crüe..."

Quiet Riot shows up and makes a happy distraction of herself, snatchin' my mug. I just give her a little amused shake of the head.

"Sup, Q.R! Like you ever had'ta pay a guy to do anything?" Pretty sure she can get most any guy to do whatever she says.

I turn back to Motley, "but... I miss ridin' with you fuggers. Tryin' to turn lemons into lemonade here... been a hard twenty-four hours."

Really. Where the hell is my car... tryin' to deal.

I smile as Riot plants herself at the table, not a care in the world, I miss that..that innocence. "You got the jingle then go for it, Esco or one of his boys might set you up on a repeat customer discount if you pay for a long time. I imagine it still won't be cheap." I laugh, it feels good.

Cinch wanting to ride with us again, hell thats news. "Cinch, you will always be family, ride with us as long as you need. Sounds like you need a working bike. You think you can still keep the thing balanced? We can always have Motor hook up some training wheels till you get used to 2 wheels again." I try to keep a straight face but a smile escapes .

Oh yeah?

"Yeah you can ride'n my fuggin' sidecar, Motley," I tease back, "let's have Motor take a look at what I got... tell me the bad news. Hey, y'all know what Esco charges for a shower 'round this place?"

That can't be cheap. If they even exist.

"I don't have any jingle on me.... anywhere."She pats her borrowed pants. "Sidecar? That's hilarious! You guys would be cute together! Like a team, I mean. I'm going back in case I can sneak in a quickie." She grabs a handful of your eggs, Motley, stuffs them in her mouth and jogs off, her feet slapping on the floor.

I laugh at QR as she runs off"That girl is probably gonna be the death of me some day. Lets go talk to Motor and see what he thinks. Let me bring some breakfast to 'Gold and let her know I am heading out, then we go see what we can do for your machines."

I pick up a plate of food and a beer and walk back to Marigolds room.

Sounds good. Though it takes some effort not to groan when I stand up. Can't let it show.

"Sure thing," I say to Motley, then, "hey, Rufe! Takin' this to go."

I leave payment and then some for her and follow Motley.
    You head up the main shaft, past a half dozen hungry miners who watch you from the shadows, out to where the crue's bikes are parked. Dokken is out here with Motorhead and Winger. Motley, you see the rumbling truck that Cinch drove in.
    Motorhead gives you both a nod, "Cinch, who did you lose the bet to for that hunk of junk?" He chuckles, elbows Winger. Winger gives a nervous smile, but looks away. "Good to see you, Cinch," Motorhead continues. "Sup, Mot?"

Ouch. Fresh wounds, man.

I click my tongue and try to sound casual, "better'n beatin' the road, Motorhead...you don't think she's an upgrade huh?" Hey at least I came out of that scrap with something to my name.

"Can you look over a bike for me?"

Motorhead nods, pulls his face mask up to his forehead, which is his sign of "I respect you and I'll let you see me talking". "Sure, Cinch. Is it in your truck? Let's get her out of there and see what's what." He'll move over, motioning for Winger to help out.

Dokken comes over to you, Motley, he was out here watching the road. "Gigg and Last and the Zons came in just a bit ago, did you see them? Gigg has a fuggin' UFer with him. Prisoner of War or... somethin." He shows his distaste for her.
    As if Dokken summoned him, Gigg comes walking up the shaft, with Mimi beside him. Motley, what happened in the last scrap you had with United Front, and what part did Mimi play in sending someone from the crue to early release?
    Gigg, Mimi walks with you back up the shaft towards daylight, and there you find Cinch and Motley and four members of the Crue.
    Mimi walks a little nearer to you, whispering, "Thought you'd wanna know. The crue doesn't like me much either." she pats your shoulder and chuckles like "have fun with this one".
  • Talking to Mimi back over my shoulder, "Yeah, I kinda already figgered as much. Thankfully, Motley has one of the cooler heads among all the gang bangers."

I see both Motley and Cinch up ahead. Mimi's already pissed off Cinch once, so hopefully we're past all that. See if I can get Motley to remember all the good shite we did together and distract him from Mimi.

"Hey Cinch," I call out to her as I exit the Irons. "Last time I laid eyes on you, you were saving my ass from fugging UF'er with a mortar! You were my gardyan angel. Can I buy ya some drinks in while? Maybe a pick your brain about a couple of things? I hear you and Esco caught some shite after I busted Mimi outta The Depot, so I'd like to hear what happened there, too. I didn't mean for ya to get all caught up in that. Drinks on me?"

While Cinch replies, I move towards Motley and offer a hand clasp and maybe a chest bump or a bro-hug.

I walk over to the truck with motorhead, show him what I found in the back. "Yeah, surprised it's in as good a shape as it is, but... probably chokin' on sand and needs a 'haul."

I help him slide the bike out and get it on the ground.

---

Gigg approaches, and although I try not to hold a grudge... it's been a trying experience, "uhhh... yeah. Gigg. Could do worse that a coupla drinks..." feels like I've done nothing but drink and get beat up for the last twenty-four hours. "surprised to see y'all so soon."

Yeah I notice Mimi, too. I want to talk to her as much as Gigg. That match is still on my mind.

I see Mimi when Dokken points her out, I haven't seen her in a year or so it seems. The memory comes flooding back, I knelt over Anthrax's wounds, trying to stop the blood flowing out as I tried my best to put pressure on them. But there were too many. His bike had just taken a direct hit from a fugging bazooka, missle launcher or something. The shrapnel tore him up. I remember looking up at the ATV driving off with Mimi sitting backwards behind the driver, holding the weapon as they drove off. I cant be sure of the expression on her face, she was too far away, but she may have looked surprise. Many of the crue wanted to ride off immediately and collect revenge, but we were too messed up to give it a go at the time.

I snap back to the present, and realize that Gigg is reaching for me, for a shake, I think. I realize my hand had drifted towards my gun. That's not good at all. I reach out and grab Giggs arm. "Good to see you Gigg. Things go smooth?" I work hard to avoid eye contact or even acknowledgement of Mimi's presence.

I raise my eyebrows at Cinch's words, its been a rough time for her recently. More than she wants to let on though so I don't say nothing. I'm still wondering what Gigg's move is, and why did he have to bring her...of all the people. My mind starts racing trying to see if there is anyway this will end without me pulling a gun on Mimi and killing her.
  • Worse than I thought, as I eye Motley's instincts wanting to go straight for his heater. Damn this girl... she is truly hated by damn near everyone... "Smooth? Fek no. I'll fill ya in over a beer, but the short story is I've got the UF after my arse big time after snuffing a couple of their bangers while busting Mimi outta The Depot. Cinch got involved, too, and now its looking like a big showdown is probably coming. They sent about a dozen Obsidians into the Junkyard to kill me and Mimi last night. I've made some enemies helpin' her, no doubt, but she's worth it."

I figure it's time to address the elephant full on, "With Chaz gone, she's my new wheel for swagman. We make a good team, Mot, we do.

Speaking of which, I wanna thank you for helping grease that situation with Last. I done her wrong and she and her girls wanted blood -- still do -- but you helped to find a way to get me a second chance. What can I say, Mot? You inspired me! You saw somethin' more than just some fugger needin' a pay back slug, and Mimi's no worse than me. I'll always remember what ya did.

Hey, tell me how it went with Ziggy? Did you finish it?
    "

I been helping Motor with the bike. Or... ok maybe he's helpin' me. But no matter, Motley and Gigg have got the full attention of my ears. I raise a thumbs-up ironically when he mentions how I got involved.

"Yeah," I add, turning around to face the two men, "a couple beers with you fellas and your new wheel oughta do me nicely, Gigg." And I'm a bit curious how the masked man even drinks a beer in mixed company.

"Yeah, Cinch," Motorhead answers after some time looking at the Fipper bike and ignoring the conversations going on. "Winger will get to work on cleaning this thing out. It'll take a while, and we'll need a fabricator to replace any custom parts. No way I'm trading in Bordertown or Depot for shite that goes on a Fipper bike, if you take my meaning."

I keep my face as neutral as I can, "it's just a bike, Motor, but I get'cha. Ain't the local brand. I'll keep an eye out. Maybe some parts in the 'yard."

I glance at Gigg. His yard, I mean.

I listen to Gigg's words, amazed at the amount of blaze that man gets into in a short amount of time. I listen to the events that have unfolded recently in regards to him and Mimi. I inwardly groan, knowing the crue will be out for blood, they usually are, honestly I am too this time.
    Not giving a person a second chance would make me a hypocrite, wouldn't it? After all this business with Preen then letting Mimi live would be inconsistent at well. A no-win sitch is at my doorsteps yet again. I guess it depends on how this beer goes with Gigg that decides it. "Things with Ziggy are square. She's been given early release along with Preen" I step up to Gigg, cautiously knowing how jumpy he can get. I approach as if with a secret to tell, "Gigg, we do need a beer. You, me and Mimi need to have words. I willing to hear her out first. Cinch you are welcome at the table to since you have a stake in this too."
    I want to hear why she took the shot. Why she had a strange look on her face. Was it glee or sorrow? That'll tell me what I need to do...I hope.

I nod to Motley, "wouldn't miss it."

And after that it's all about the bike until this table comes together.
  • "Yeah, sure, Mot. I think it's a good idea to clear the air with Mimi. We came to an understanding this morning with Last and the 'Zons when they rode up to the Junkyard, and it was a relief when I didn't have to end up unloading this MAC-10 into Krin." I offer a fist bump to Mot, "Like I told Last, I have nothin' but mad respect for ya."
    Motley and Gigg, you head back down to Diamond to drink and talk a bit, Mimi walking slightly behind you. You come into Diamond and grab a table. Most of the Crue is up now, a few stragglers still eating, moping about, hungover.

Cinch, you're following after a bit of a chat with Motorhead about parts needed. One of the girls from the Diamond, Sasha, comes up and walks beside you.
    "Hey Cinch, remember me?" she asks with a cheery grin as she slips an arm in yours, "Sasha, in case you forgot my name. I'm the one who shared those oranges with you. Remember? Weren't they chilly? Hey, I need your help, and there's something in it for you, too."

She doesn't pause for you to decline, "With the mine going bust, we're in want for customers. Since you ferry folk, and you know lots of people, I wanted to know if you'd help us bring some people from Bordertown East, maybe set up a connection in town to drum up business? You'd get a cut of profits, of course. What do you think?"

I'm nervous and eager to talk to Mimi. Seems like she's the center of a dangerous series of events taking place. And my part in it, for all my personal discomfort, may be something of a sideline from her perspective.

So Sasha takes me a bit by surprise as I walk along, in thought.

"Uhh. Sasha? Yeah... thanks again for that!" I quickly get my game face back on, "Don't know how many runs outta the Irons I'll be makin' in the near future, but... yeah if I get Easterly towards Bordertown I'll try and fill any empty seats for y'all."

B-town East might be a bit of a dangerous run for me now... for more reasons that one. But I won't sweat it. Truth is, as much as I say I'm in a fix, I'll probably make runs as usual before long. Trust my skills.

I pause another moment to ask.

"Esco know about this?"
  • edited January 2017

Motley unholsters his magnum and sets it on the table, an arms length away from his place at the table. He looks directly at Mimi and waits for her to meet his eyes. "Lady, I gotta tell you, you are one lucky person. Had Gigg not vouched for you, I may have shot you immediately without letting you testify. So guns on the table so you will know I aint gonna draw on you from the shadows. If I try to shoot you, you will see it coming. Its more than what Anthrax ever got. Gigg here says you are seeking a fresh life, a second chance....spill it."
    Cinch,
    She gives you a solid look, "He sure does. I'm running this thing, but under his say so. We're..." she hesitates, then uses the word, "Partners. On this. It's good jingle for just bringing men here to their their jollies."
    You head into Diamond with the others, and take a seat by Mimi if you like, Cinch.

I click my tongue at Sasha, "yeah! Sounds like a Cinch." I suppress a laugh and excuse myself to the Diamond with the other.

---

I arrive to see Motley place his weapon on the table. As I arrive I take a seat, not deliberately near Mimi, but it's a small table and I can't help but be by her side. I do them the same courtesy, place my sidearm in holster over the back of my chair, hanging in sight.

Motley asks her to spill it. I just stay silent and listen to what she has to say.

Mimi looks to you, Gigg, not asking you to speak for her as much as "checking in", like "I got this". She puts her hand on the table, squints up at you, Motley, then says, "So here's the deal, Motley. It's a dog eat dog world. We both know that. United Front had me by the short hairs. They took my arm," she gestures at the bolt, "And swapped out a hunk of junk that they used to track me whenever I ran. And when they caught me, they took their punishment. And when I got tired of it, when I just wanted it to end, I got back on my bike. And I killed people. Whoever they said. Whatever they wanted. And trust me when I tell you, death is better than some of the stuff they do to you when they catch you. I'm not gonna say sorry, because I'm not sorry. I did what it took to survive. And right now, I'm surviving as Gigg's driver. And he's decent, so I'm probably not gonna shoot him in his big, ugly face. So, if you wanna talk at me about the time I blew one of yours to hell, that's fine. You wanna draw on me for, what was his name? Anthrax, then bring it. Whatever you feel like you gotta do. But if you just stay the fug out of my way, then I'm gonna drive for Gigg, and we're gonna kill a bunch of people you probably don't like."

Internally I can't deny her moxie, she'd fit into the crue with that attitude. I want to hate her, I want to just kill her for what she did to me and mine. Then Sierra's words float back into my mind, "I guess some of us are destined to never get a chance," I wonder if this is something she meant. The world fighting us at every turn, dumping blaze on everything we try to do or make nice. Nothing we got is gonna come easy but maybe we aint gotta make it harder.

I not at Mimi's words. "I don't like you, I sure as hell don't trust you. But Gigg does so I will honor his words for you. But you make a note...if you do anything to him that aint kosher, you better keep running cuz I will find you and end you. Till then you are Gigg's problem to deal with. We crystal?"

I haven't said a word, but she's explained. Not every detail, but it's clear enough.

The match was her chance and she took it. She didn't want to kill for them any more. That sounds familiar.

Motley makes his "offer" and given the seriousness of the atmosphere at this table, I ain't gonna speak first.

But anyone paying attention sees my face soften as I look at Mimi. A bit more understanding. For sure.

Mimi looks over at you, Cinch. Her face doesn't soften, her mouth still tight, face clenched and defiant, but her eyes read your subtle change, and she marks it. Perhaps there's a moment of understanding there. She sits back, removing her hand from the table, pointing at you, Motley, then you, Cinch, "Crystal."
  • "There seems to some confusion. Last said something similar this morning. Maybe it's the way you gangbangers think about things. There ain't nothing about Mimi that belongs to me. I ain't her daddy, mama, master, or alpha. She's breaking free, just like I am. An' maybe we help each other for a while. But she don't belong to me to control or keep in line or deal with. We ride together and got each other's back and that's all it is for now. Is that crystal?"

I exhale a long breath before speaking.

"Allright, Mimi, far as I'm concerned you're all right... we been on the wrong side'a things for just about ever..." As long as I've been here, she was with the 'front. "Want you to know... you won't have any trouble with me that you don't come askin' for..."

I click my tongue and show a bit of a smile, "but you owe me a race... when things settle."

Mimi nods once, "You better get something under you better than that fuggin truck. We will race, Cinch." Mimi purses her lips, then they spread into a cocky smile, "And I'm gonna kick your ass."

I forget sometimes that Gigg doesn't come at things the same way as I am used to. He is more a solitary guy, as far as I can tell. "Yes Gigg, it is."
    I just hope I dont regret giving second chances...
  • edited January 2017
    I lean into the table and push Motley's gun across the table back to him and look over at Cinch and back to Motley, "Listen, I'm in debt to the both of you, and a few beers is just a start for me showin' my appreciatin'.

Motley, thanks for taking down Ziggy once and for all, and for payin' to get me patched up at the 'ospital in the Depot. The reason I came to the Irons to fug up Ziggy in the first place was she set Chaz and me up, and had her sniper try to kill us. That's how Chaz got killed. She used us to start somethin' with Esco, and we was just trash to be thrown out after she was done.

"And, Cinch, I'd be dead right now if'n not for you decidin' to get mixed up somebody else's war.
    "

I look at both Cinch and Motley again, and bounce my head slightly back and forth like I'm waiting for the next set of words to fall out of my mouth, "I don't have much in the way of jingle to pay you back for the danger you've put yourself in for me, but I am very good at one thing. I'm good at killing people, and, and, so.... if there's someone you want planted, I want you to know you can count on me for that. Just say the word. It's the least I can do.

"Cinch? You got anybody you need iced? Motley? What about you?
    "
  • edited January 2017

"At the moment, not so much. I may end up having a tussle with the Fat Man at some point but not making plans just yet."
  • "Yeah, Motley, about that... more later, but, you know I'm stockpilin' an arsenal, right? Ziggy's fifty. UF'ers mortar. Some full autos." I place my MAC-10 on the table and motion at Mimi's AK. "And I intend to scrounge more when we hit Foster and St. Anger. There's a reason I'm doin' this, ya know? We talk more when I'm ready, but I'll need help."

I pull the MAC-10 off the table and pop the clip now that it's clear I'm not gonna have to shoot Motley. I put my purse on the table and stash the clip inside, "Speaking of Ziggy's fifty-cal, Motley, I might need a favor next time you head to The Depot. The Depot is pretty hot for me and Mimi, and prolly Cinch too, so I gotta lay low and let it cool. But, there's a gunsmith there that Tesla told me about, and he's gonna fix my M2 no questions asked, and I've got the jingle to take care of it. Just need someone I can trust to get it there and back."

I look back over to Cinch as I sling mama's purse around my neck, "So, who you need planted, Cinch?"

It's all I can do to stay quiet and listen to them. I know how this place works, the DVFP.

I shake my head and blow out a puff of air, like... wow.

"Gigg, no... ain't nobody gonna go under on my word, ain't nothin' like that in my world. Just... just... y'all try not to bust up what don't deserve it..." I can't help but feel I sound sad about something. I don't mean to and I wonder if it shows.

"If anything.... Gigg..." I look at Motley, then Mimi, too. "If things go how I think they're gonna go... it might be a good idea to have eachother's backs on the road when shiite's lookin' on the shoot."

I look between Gigg and Cinch and simply nod my agreement. I would trust my words to come out right at the moment. My understanding of "Family" just got bigger.

End Scene