[DVFP] Lost Pups (M 4.6)

edited February 2017 in aw2e-dvfp
Motley,
You walk with Quiet Riot and Marigold to pick up your bikes. To your left is the big Garage, and all around there are people dancing around in the rain. You just tried to Read Quiet Riot after she asked about Gloriana's job.

You'd said:

imageI look at Riot, "Why do you ask, Riot?" I toss the question out casually as I make my way to the fipper location to get our bikes. What is it you are trying to really figure out, you normally don't care 'bout this stuff.' I think to myself.

"Why do I ask?" she repeats, incredulous. "We just passed up free booze! And I was gonna get up on... fug it, what was his name? Diamond Boy! So I figger it's good and important. I mean, shite, man! We got pinched and lived, and now we're out and about! It's RAINING! This is crazy, right?"
QR's feeling elated, thankful that you got out of a scrape, worried about the Fippers coming for you again, and wondering where the Crue went. She feels stuck with this thing Gloriana's demanded and it's not like she wants freedom outside. She's happy here.

Comments

• edited February 2017

I look at Riot a minute, oh my what am I to do. Freedom it seems is not the desire of all, this could be the death my family. I reach in my bag and grab a little jingle and flip it towards her, smiling as I do. "Here whiny-butt, that should pay for your next tumble with Diamond Boy. Now lets go find the rest of the crue. I want to see what everyone thinks of our future."

Quiet Riot snorts at the insult, but she takes the jingle without complaint. "Sure, Mot, no worries." She throws a leg over her bike, checks things over, then starts it up. Like her, it's a shrill dirt bike, and it revs with a high whine. She pulls her goggles from a pouch on the side and puts them on, then she's pulling away.
    Marigold lets you mount first, then she follows. The rain makes the ride a little tricky, but you manage. You head to Fall On Inn and don't find them. You could put word out in Depot and they'll probably find you by morning, if they're here. Or you can ride out to look for them, in the dead of night.

What do you do?

Blazes! Why is it all seem to be working against me. "Riot, grab a bite, take a piss and be ready to head out in 30."
    I am NOT going to wait the night to go find them. I'm tired of playing catch up, tired of reacting. I look back at 'Gold "Do you need anything before we head out?"

I start to busy myself with simple tasks, checking my gun, the clip, gear on the bike, all of it is just an excuse to not sit still. I feel as if my body is wound up tight, ready to spring and I can't shake the feeling. The feeling that I screwed up and it is all falling apart. I feel like I am stuck in mud, wheels spinning but going nowhere, only digging in deeper.
    "If we're wasting thirty before we go, I'm heading back to the bar to grab a go bag. You need me to snag anything for you, baby?" She slides off the bike, sensing your urgency and plans on moving quickly through the rain.
    Quiet Riot makes a face as she does the mental math, then she declares, "Gold, I'll give ya a ride. Ima be right back, Motley. Mamma gonna get her itch scratched. Half an hour's real good for me." She revs her little bike while Marigold mounts up, and they ride off.
    You're alone, Motley. Within spitting distance of High Rent, not far from Fall On Inn, either. The gate's up ahead. Stuck in the middle of lots of places.

What do you do?

"Grab me a canteen of water, that should be enough, thanks." I tell Marigold as I hand her a few jingle to cover it. I smile as Riot comments then leaves. If only to be free as her. "Huh." I grunt, Shades, I wonder if we would even like it outside. Maybe we are too broken to be fit outside. I don't even know what outside is like. 'Course I've gone and announced it to 'Gold and she seems all kinds of excited. I run my hands through my hair and a let out an exasperated breath. I guess this is what they mean by a no win scenario. Harley, help me! I sit back down on my bike and begin thinking of how I can work this. How we can get Rose from fippers, from out of under Glorianna's control without handing over our pink slips to the witch... maybe I need to talk to Sierra after all...

But first find my crue then decide how we want to handle this.
    With Marigold and Quiet Riot gone, you're left in the streets alone, Motley. Rain pours down. People are dancing and drinking, and it feels like it will never let up. What do you do while you wait for them, Motley?

I roll up to the closest place I can relieve myself and get a little relief from the rain, while I wait. I sit and wait for Riot & 'Gold to return while I sit and think of things to come. I stare off into the approaching night and rain, and consider what is coming for the crue and DVFP as a whole.
    Are you.... Opening Your Brain?

Open my brain (Rolled: 2d6-1. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 8)
    With the rain drops falling around you, the thunder rumbling around you, you look off into the night, thinking about the Crue, about your future. The hazy idea of "heaven" outside the walls seems so unreal. You open your mind to the world, to The Feed, to the literal maelstrom above you.

There's a tug at your hands, Motley. You feel chains, over a dozen of them, slipping through your hands. Cold metal rings, some with rust, and you're holding on. At the end of those chains are dogs, howling, teeth gnashing, pulling several different directions. Some of them look rabid, Motley, these dogs. You've got to hold on, they're slipping. dragging you up a sandy hill towards the place Ziggy once built.

Ziggy, who also had her own pack. Until she didn't.

"Hey Mot," Marigold says, in the real world, her hand on your shoulder as she pulls you from that reverie. "I came back early. Brought you something." She holds up a key ring with a furry animal foot on one end. "It's supposed to be lucky. I found it at market." She presses it into your hand, slips onto the bike behind you.
    What do you do?

I try to understand what is shown to me. Ziggy, the dogs on chains, the hill I am drug to. I have ideas but it breaks my heart to think of it. "Does this mean I have to let them go!" I mutter to myself quietly.

I look at the key ring, "Not so lucky for this guy" I smile at the old joke, then catch her gaze, "Thank you." We just sit there in silence for a bit, waiting for 'Riot to 'finish up' and return.

"So 'Gold, what do you think of the offer of freedom...I mean if Glorianna follows through? or if other plans play out good? I mean is it something you want?"

Marigold chuckles at the joke and squeezes your side. "Sierra told me stories about outside, Motley. I want to go there. We can ride for days. So many wonders. No more Fat Man, No more Fippers. Just me and you and the road." She sounds wistful. "We could. We could start a family."
    As you soak that in, you hear the whine of Quiet Riot's dirt bike as she comes up, her tire spraying a line of mud behind her. She gives you a big shite-eating grin and holds a thumb up. She's ready to roll.

What do you do?

I listen with no reaction to Marigolds words, 'start a family'... well outside would be the only place I would want to do that in. I am never bringing a child into this world.
    I chuckle at Riot's thumbs up, and rev my bike. "Well let's go find our Crue."

I lead us as we ride out into the night to find the rest of my family...hoping they haven't turned rabid.
    End Scene