[DVFP] Zigg Used to Live Here (M 5.2)

Motley,
Ziggytown
Quiet Riot follows you up the long stretch of road to Shadows. This area's been called Shadows for a while, due to the shadows cast by nearby mountains. The hold where Ziggy once resided is lightly fortified, sports a decent garage and cooks the meat from a small population of farmed dogs: barkers and yippers that bay most of the day and into the night. You spot Crue bikes parked near a kennel, and as you pull up, Tesla and Whitesnake come jogging out towards you, surprise on their faces. By the time you're close enough to shout, the rest of the Crue is walking out to meet you.

What do you do?

Comments

I smile and nod when I see Tesla & Whitesnake, more so when the rest of the Crue stand as I pull to a stop. "You all are a fuggin good sight to see. Glad all of you got out safe. Did we lose anyone on the way out?" I scan each of their faces, trying to find Dokken in the group.

Tesla claps your shoulder, and Whitesnake pulls Quiet Riot into a big warm brotherly hug, lifting her up. She giggles then slaps his shoulder, demanding to be let down when Dokken comes up.
    Dokken pushes his way through the crowd, his choppah sword in his hand. "You got pinched, Mot! Riot!" He gestures to Tesla, "They could have plants! Strip 'em down, Tesla. Motor! Get over here and check them!"

"Dokk, man," Tesla says, not comfortable with this command. "This is Motley. He wouldn't snitch, man. No way, no how!" He looks at Dokken defiantly.

"Oh yeah!?!?" Dokken says, pulling out his choppah sword and pointing at Tesla, then you. "Then how the fug did you get out, Mot? Hunh?" He looks to Whitesnake, "Strip Riot down!"
    Quiet Riot looks to you quizzically, Motley. What do you do?

I close my eyes briefly, expecting something like this to happen. "HOLD UP!" I said, coming out louder than I intended. "Tesla, Dokken is just doing his job to protect the Crue." I turn to Dokken, "You got the right idea. Glorianna herself let me go on account of a deal, it'll actually benefit the whole crue. I will let you do the search but this ain't no peep show. We are going inside somewhere to give us a little privacy before you start strippin' us. I don't want to wave my dangly bits for everyone to see. I think 'Gold would not like it if you put me on display for all to see." I say with a slight smile trying to lighten the mood.

"Then I can tell you, all of you, what's up in more detail "
    Let's see you Manipulate Dokken to let you and Quiet Riot have some privacy. He's itching to strip you down out here in the open.

Manipulate Dokken (+hot) (Rolled: 2d6-1. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 8)
    "Alright, Mot, I'll walk you up there so you can dangle in private," Dokken says, moving so he is at your back, "Gold stays back, though. She's not Crue!" He doesn't argue that point, shoves you forward towards a storage shed made of old corrugated metal.
    Quiet Riot curses the entire way, but she doesn't draw on anyone. So Motley, how do you handle this strip search? Dokken makes Queen pat you down.

I remove my jacket and hand it to Queen, "Do you want to check all my pockets and stuff or are you looking for bugs, like in my skin?" I pull my boots off as I wait for his answer. "I know I chose right making you my Sgt-at-Arms after we lost 'Sis." I drop them next to Queen and start pulling off my shirt. "You want whats best for the crue. I do too. I will do anything to provide the best" I begin removing the rest of my clothes. "I hope you will understand that when I tell you what's going on."

"I hope so, too, Motley." Queen says as he pats your down before you disrobe. As you take off items of clothing, he runs fingers over each stitch, bending over seams and checking every pocket. "Dokken's taken over now, since he was second-in-command. I'm trying to keep him in line. He wants to take over Ziggy's territory, Motley. Tesla's pushing for that."
    From another room, you hear Quiet Riot yelling at Winger and Motorhead, calling them "stupid chum" for treating you both this way, and promising to beat each of them to bloody pieces.

I smile at the screaming from the other room, "You opened a hornets nest doing a strip search on Riot." I nod at Queen's words, letting it sink in. 'So Dokken is Alpha now? This may not go down without a fight' "Dokken, thanks for steppin' up. I know it aint easy leading this crue." I smile. "How you holding up?"

My expression grows serious, "The thing I gotta say, I'll say it now to you private if you want to decide on how to present it to the rest. I thought it was a good deal but now I wonder if it may break this family up."
    "I'm good, Mot, real good." Dokken says with a tone still dripping with bravado. "Already sent AC out to Depot to tell The Fat Man we're taking all Ziggy's shite. All but The Irons, he'll have to retake that place, but the rest of the territory is ours. We're going to make this place into something better, not just a fuggin dogtown."

Queen asks, "What's the deal you got, Mot?"
  • edited March 2017

I nod as Dokken boast his way through his big plans for the crue, for HIS crue I realize. So THAT's how it feels to lose being Alpha. I have a choice, stand up and beat the shit out of him if he don't give it back. Then I get to lead the crue into something they may not want, doing things I do NOT want to do and lose myself in the process...or let him have the crue and lead the family to something better.

I know I aint answered Queen's question yet but I got one of my own first,

"So you the new Alpha, Dokken?" I say with a smile, testing the water to see how he reacts.
    Dokken nods slowly, "Harley yeah I am. You traded away the gang when you threw us in with the fuggin Zons. Last and her stupid plan got us shot to hell, cost us fuel and bikes, and for what? To get Riot and you pinched and now we can't go back to Depot until the Fippers are gone? A bad play, Mot. Your time is over."
    Queen's watching, not commenting on this, but interested. Queen isn't bought into Dokken's proclamations, you think.

What do you do?

I look to Dokken, the smile disappearing from my face, replaced by a deep sorrowful expression, "Understood Dokken, but let me give you some advice. It's never enough. The power grab, the violence, everything. It will never end."

I begin getting dressed again, as I do I speak to Queen, "I want to tell everyone at the same time. Its better that way, so people can know what is out there." I quickly finish my dressing and leave the shed.
    When you come out of the little shed to meet with the Crue. They're arranged in a communal eating area filled with metal picnic benches. There are a dozen folks milling around the edges and your Crue all sitting on seats and tabletops, waiting to hear what you know.

I walk out in front of them somber, oddly nervous about what I am about to say. I scan the faces of the crowd looking at each in turn, finally looking to Marigold, a smile crawling onto my face and I begin.

"All of you should know I would do anything for you. If fact that is why I am here. Yeah the Fippers pinched me, me and Riot. They locked us up and lit us up like batteries for speaking the wrong words. The head Fipper, mother fugging Gloriana herself came to talk to us. She made a deal, which is why I am here. See, she offered freedom from this place if I would do one little thing.
    I think she is sweet on Sierra, that singer over in the bar in the Irons, the Diamond. Well, Gloriana wants me to kill someone close to Sierra, while she watches. For this, she offers freedom...for the entire crue.
    At first I decided to do this horrible thing,"
    I hold my hand up to any that may start to raise objections, "let me finish please. I said at first. It was... it IS a horrible thing, but if was for my crue. Then I figured out some may not even want freedom, they may prefer here to the outside." My gaze falls on Quiet Riot, I try to meet here eyes, "and that's ok. That's when I figured it ain't me who can make that choice for you all.

Dokken says he is your new Alpha, and that's ok with me. I think he will do right by you, if he remembers that it ain't all about the power. Me I'm gonna keep my agreement and do this thing or at least something close to it and get freedom for those that want it. If you wanna help you can, if you don't I won't hold any negative towards you. Let me know.
    And Just know I do this for my crue...for my family"

I take a moment to scan the crowd and step down, walking towards Marigold.
    Dokken props his choppah sword on his shoulder, "So lemme get this straight. Fippers got some love tussle, and one of 'em offered all. ALL of us freedom if you give some singer early release?" Of course, that is the deal exactly. He peers around, "You need some help with the singer, or you got this, Motley?"
    The rest of the gang's intrigued. Marigold seems a little heartsick about it, but determined.
    "It's Fleece, the doctor." Quiet Riot explains curtly while she drops down to the floor to put her boots back on. "She's not that bad. I mean, you know, once you get past the spooky fuggin' hood. Are we really murderers for hire?" She asks everyone.

Whitesnake answers after some murmuring. "Do we trust the Fipper? This Gloriana? If we do the deed, we all walk?" There are a number of Crue who find this hard to believe. "Nobody's ever walked out of here. Fuggers like Gigg don't even know there is an out of here."
  • edited March 2017

I listen to the discussion, the objections, everything that has been bouncing around in my head, driving me insane. 'Good! That means they are taking this seriously'
    I take a step closer to all of them, lean in, almost conspiratorially. I nod at 'Gold sitting on my bike (signaling what we arranged earlier before arriving) and she starts reving my bike, creating a lot of background noise. I keep my voice almost to a whisper "As much as I wish it was true I know that her following through on freedom is bullshit. But Esco is working on something that may get Gloriana in here with us. That would be when I ... or we if you want...kill her and TAKE our Freedom. Taking it is really the only way we get It, not waiting for it like a Chum. Plus I ain't gonna kill any Doctor...Fleece helps the fug-ups like us. She deserves to be protected.
    Me and Gold are gonna leave. We are gonna do what we can to make this happen. Esco is gonna get back to us soon. Anyone want to help get word to me somehow, you know where.

I'll let you talk about it...just do it quiet like. She has spies everywhere."

My part said, I turn to walk to my bike, "It is good knowing you are all safe. I get on the bike with 'Gold behind me and prepare to ride off
    While you're mounting up, Quiet Riot jogs after you, "Hey! Motley!" she moves up to take hold of your handlebars. She meets your eyes, imploring, "You're gonna go? It's.... it's the Crue. Your Crue! Why are you leavin?"
  • edited March 2017

I reach out and muss up Riot's hair and smile. "I am not leaving you all, you're the only family I know. But this decision to go against Gloriana is the biggest thing we have ever done a lot of us will die. I can't order ANYONE to do that. Personally I think the payoff will be worth the risk." I place my hands on her cheeks and lean my forehead against hers.
    "Riot, everyone has to make the decision on their own and not because of me. They have to decide because it's what they want. If we are gonna make it as a family as a Crue, they have to want to do this.

I'll wait here till you all decide".
    And I turn off my engine
    "But... you're the boss." Quiet Riot says, still not getting it. "Crue live and we get early release. You tell us where we go, and we go..." She looks lost, like the order of things has shifted under her and she doesn't know where to balance.

"Riot," Marigold cuts in, looking past her to the Crue who are talking animatedly about this inside. "This is different. It just is. It's about getting out. Nobody's ever gotten out. Motley wants them all to be committed."

"I'M FUGGIN COMMITTED!" Quiet Riot screams in a shrill voice she hopes the whole Crue hears. "Motley, take me with you. Ill watch over you and have your six. I don't want free, but I'm in this, okay? Sis followed you. I follow you. We're yours, if you'll have... us."

She shifts her weight from foot to foot, nervous about what you'll say.
    What do you do?

I look at Riot, really LOOK at her. Is this dream of Freedom really something that is doable? I mean, I don't even know what is out there. Is it just another Gloriana or Fat Man we have to fight? Are we trading a prison we know for one we don't? The big bosses out there will have their control too and we wont even know where the safe Depots and Irons are at. I break from my momentary contemplation and stare at real life. My family, hurting and none of it matters.

I slide off my bike in a practiced fluid motion and grab Riot in a fierce hug. "Of Course I will have you Riot. You're my Crue, my family. All of you are the only family I have ever known. I wouldn't know what to do without all of you." I break the hug and smile and wink at her. "You can watch my six all you want, but don't tell the others they'll get jealous, especially Dokken." If she doesn't push me away, I move to her side with one arm hanging over her shoulder casually, like a family member or a close friend. I lean against my bike lightly, reaching around to put an arm around Marigold as well. "I guess now we just let those chums figure out what to do, huh?"

QR buries her head in your chest for a moment, clutching thankfully. "Ha ha, Motley! I'm not watching your six six, that's Gold's job!" Quiet barks out a laugh of relief. "Are we gettin' on the road or waiting around? My vote's riding. Last and her Zons are at Gigg's... I mean at the junkyard. If these chowderheads decide to tuck tail, maybe we hook up with them?" She takes off in a jog to get her dirt bike.

After Quiet Riot leaves you two alone, Marigold kisses your neck, staying close. "Are you gonna do the deed for them? Just go and kill Fleece, then let them all get out?" She isn't angry about this, more curious. "It'd be a big thing, but that's your plan if Esco doesn't come through... isn't it?"

"Oh Shades! You're right, Riot. Last been help to us along with Gigg and Cinch."

I wrap my arms around 'Gold taking comfort in the warmth of her, her smaller size just fitting in my embrace, completing me in a way I didn't realize I needed till it was there. I blow out a breath at her question. "That's the thing isn't it, I mean I'm willing to do anything for them, for you too, but I have been trying to tame the savagery for a while. If I embrace it now, like this, I might not be able to cage it again." I look down into her eyes, "Could you even love an animal like that?"

"Motley," she replies softly as she looks up at you, a hand playing idly at the spot of your bare chest above the line of your shirt. "You'd do the hardest thing for your family. For our family. It will break Sierra's heart. I feel terrible considering it. But if you don't do it, someone else will. And we all lose the golden ticket. You'd take this on, even though it's the opposite of who you are. I love you for bearing that burden. I want to give you the family you've earned. Out there."
  • edited March 2017

I just stare into Marigold's eyes. I may have never known my family, but this, this right here has to be what they felt to make it seem worth bringing me into this world. "Yeah, I wanna go with Esco's plan since I dont trust Gloriana to follow through. If that goes wheels up, then I got no choice but to take out Fleece. I aint gonna think of that till its time." I pause a moment, let out a breath, the decision made. Now just to put it all into action. I take a scan to make sure Riot is ready with her bike, "Lets go see how we can help Cinch and the 'Zons."

I holler over at the Crue debating over what to do with the offer of freedom. "Not that I'm Alpha, nor boss you around no more, but Riot and me are riding out to the Junkyard to help Gigg, Cinch and the Amazons. You can come along if you want to help, or stay if you dont. More bikes'll make it easier for sure." I rev my bike and pull away with Riot behind.
    Quiet Riot hustles out, and none of the Crue follows, even after you yell about the Zons. She mounts her dirt bike and the pair of you ride off.

Why don't you give me an Act Under Fire to see how quickly you can join Cinch and Gigg at the Junkyard?

Act under fire (+cool) (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 11)

While you're riding out across the desert towards Junkyard, Marigold leans in to ask, "Motley, what happens if somebody else kills Fleece?" She watches your reaction, then adds, "Did Glori say? I bet she snatches it away, won't she?"
    Quiet Riot's riding near, but her bike's too loud for you to hear.

I turn my head back to talk to Marigold, "Gold, I can't be adding more worries to my list. She gave me a time limit. I will check in with Esco after this and go from there.... This thing at the junkyard, it's what's ahead of me. I gotta help out Last and the 'Zons too. Its who I am."

I flash a quick smile then focus ahead trying to get my head in the game for what's to come.
    Marigold kisses the side of your neck and squeezes you warmly, the answer's what she needed to hear. She turns her face to lay it against your back and rides quietly behind you.

Quiet Riot's full of piss and vinegar. She's riding her dirt bike ahead and tackling divots and rises so she can get jumps. She keeps this up for a good mile, hollering and screaming excitedly, whooping as she goes.

How did you get Quiet Riot to join the gang? Did she save your life or did you save hers?
  • edited March 2017

I watch Riot as she rides, riding into a known danger with no care for the outcome only grim determination and a care-free spirit. It reminds me of our first meeting.

It was a number of years ago, after Sis but before Dokken, I was riding out by myself just trying to unwind after some rough stuff happened. That's when I noticed a fight happening. A younger Riot face bloodied from a broken nose, some cuts and bruises chased down her right arm. She held a survival knife in her left hand, right hanging limp. She was facing off three guys, a fourth laying on the ground dead.
    Not knowing which side was in the right but anyone in a fight 1 to 4 could use an extra help. I rode up, drawing my pistol, only to have Riot turn back towards me "No fugging way you stealing my kill after I worked him over!" Then she kept at the guys face. Then fight ended shortly after that and I got her to a doc to patch her up. She has ridden with me ever since; as free and energetic as the first day I met her.

I come out of my memory, and focus on the task at hand. Well, I guess if only one of my crue was willing to ride with me, I am glad it was Riot.
    Please go here.