[BtI] Date 1, Turn 6 (Active Player=Andrea)

edited October 2014 in AnR
This turn starts with three attraction dice and two compatibilities (likes children, playfulness).

Comments

After the awkward ending to our ferris wheel adventure, I do feel a little bad. I probably could have handled that more gracefully... And as long as that isn't going to happen again (oh, God, please don't let that happen again), I'm willing to give this another try.

Besides, you're my ride home. And it will be a long, awkward ride unless we do something. Something different.

Seizing on, well, pretty much the first thing I see (0 points for originality, Summer), I reach for your hand and offer you a smile. You look pretty dejected, and I want you to know it's okay. Being a terrible kisser isn't the end of the world, and it doesn't have to be the end of the date...just the end of the kissing part of the date.

"When was the last time you tried out the bumper cars, Zach?"
  • edited October 2014
    zach
    Terrible kisser? Laney Higginsbottom really liked that trick, I'll have you know. I mean, sure, that was like ten years ago, but...

Alright, I need to update "my moves". Granted.

"It's been a while," I admit. "But it's like riding a bike, right?" The fact that you're giving things a shot, that's good. Maybe this date isn't a horrific flaming mess.

You're being Playful, which is a Compatibility. Roll those two dice!
  • (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 6, 1. Total: 7)

"Or like driving a bumper car?"

The bumper cars aren't too far from the ferris wheel, but we have to weave through and around a crowd of teenagers that probably make up the local high school's entire football team, plus their dates. Fortunately, they're just sort of milling around instead of heading towards the cars or we'd be out of luck.

The line is fairly short, so it isn't long before we're buckling ourselves into our cars. "You're not thinking about taking it easy on me, are you? Because you're the first one I'm coming after..."
  • zach
    "Hah, yeah," I respond, a bit lamely at your joke about bumper cars. I realize I'm still out of sorts, and you're trying to forge ahead, so I follow you over to the line. For a moment, it looks like an opportunity to reach out to grab your hand and hold it like I did when we came to the Pavilion. But I chicken out.

I grab blue car number 10. Lucky ten, my favorite number. I slide my arms into the straps and look over when you tell me you're coming after me. "Take it easy on you? No way! I'm going to bump you off the... court-track-thingie or whatever!"

Now that we're moving past the awkward kiss, I'm quickly remembering why I'm attracted to you. Why don't you roll those 3 Attraction dice?
  • (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 1, 3, 4. Total: 8)

The bumper cars are, well, bumper cars. They're fun, but there's hardly anything new and exciting about them, and after a few good hits, I've had about as much fun as I'll probably have. You look a lot more relaxed than when you sat down, though, so I don't want to ruin your fun by suddenly switching to a different ride prematurely.

I catch your eye and try to mouth that I will be right back. It seems like as good a time as any to check my make-up, reapply gloss, etc. And check my messages. As expected, there's one from my best friend asking how things are going. You're probably still busy with the bumper cars (or so I think), so a quick phone call to check in couldn't hurt...
  • zach
    I enjoy the cars for a bit, but then I take a second go as you head to the bathroom or whatever. It's pretty fun, but the ride ends. I head outside with the kids and that hipster wanna-be teenage girl that screamed whiplash when you nailed her.

I hang out near the line, looking around for you. Is this the part of the date where you... ditch me?

I think you ditched me, take all three re-rolls. Gee whiz, this is awful
  • (Rolled: 3d6. Rolls: 4, 6, 2. Total: 12)

The phone call took longer than intended. I don't realize just how long until I hang up, and the timeclock flashes on screen. Crap!

Stepping back out into the park, I scan the bumper cars with a look of dismay. There's no sign of you there -- but why would there be after so long? I don't know whether to text you to let you know where I am or call my friend back to ask for a ride home or...

Wait, there you are!

"I'm sorry! That took longer than I thought it would."

Buying an attraction die with that success to give you an extra for the last round!
  • zach
    My anger fizzles out a little when I see you. You do sound genuine. I look in those pretty eyes of yours and how could I possibly stay mad?

"It's alright." I respond with a relieved smile. "Getting late, though. Want to call it a night?"

--END SCENE--