[SWAW] In Transit to Raxus (5)

Comments

• Ladro Eyes

"Only idiots are sure about things, Squall. I just have this feeling that if you don't face this, it will fester." I turn to face zir, hand on zir shoulder and being direct. "Squally... you seem to wind up in positions where you need to be... rescued? Is that something life just hands you, do you think, or is there some way in which you're putting yourself there?"
    Ze doesn't meet your eyes, "I'm... not so good with temptation, Ladro. I'm good at clubs and parties until someone brings out the spice and offers. I'm good around... well, I was good this time until he put his hands on me." Squall looks up at you, this odd smile curling on zir face, "It's soooo good. Stars, Ladro. If Lee would share, that would be so..." Ze closes zir eyes and leans back for a moment like ze's weightless or floating.
  • Ladro Eyes

Fine, Candy is soooo good.

I really want to shake Squall right now, and then go find a bar and get drunk, kriffed, and in a brawl, in no particular order. Since we're in hyperspace, there's no bar, no one that wouldn't be a disaster to kriff, and no one that I can get away with punching. And I'm not shaking Squall, despite the provocation.

"Squall, you have a choice to make. Now or later, but you have to know that it's a choice, and not making it is still choosing. Do you live as Squall, who is good at zir job and sexy and smart and competent and funny and... well, you get the point. Or, do you live as some sort of adjunct... to some alpha male or female, to spice, to whatever the newest thing is."
    Squall's eyes pop open and ze looks up at you, saying in a delighted voice, "You think I'm sexy and smart?" For a moment, zir shoulders tilt back and forth like ze's on an axis. Then ze holds up a finger, "I know, not the point. But thanks."

Cander begins singing in the refresher. His voice is a rich, supple baritone, flawless. Squall's distracted for just a moment. "I'm sorry, Ladro, it's how I learned to cope. I was always the weakest Rattataki. My parents gave up on me, and I just... did what I had to do to survive. It's a hard habit to break."

Ze huffs a breath, then asks quietly, "You know Lee. Do you think she'd, ah, share?"

Would she?
  • Ladro Eyes

I give up. Unfortunately, I know that actually means, "I give up, for now."

"I. Don't. Know. Cander's very convincing, and he obviously enjoys him some Rattataki. Listen, you know I'm not going with you and Cander to play true confessions with Lee, right? That's you two. Do you need me to stick around until he gets out of the refresher, in case you trip and jump him again?"
    Squall actually pauses for a moment, thinking about it. When ze notices you're angry, ze says quickly, "No, I'm good. I'm good, Ladro. And... thanks. You're a bestie."

Cander's singing stops, as does his bathing routine. He'll be drying off and coming out here shortly. What do you do?
  • edited October 2014
    Ladro Eyes

"Sure." I pat Squall on the shoulder, not sure that a hug wouldn't turn into a throttling. Walk out of Lee's quarters, that were once her uncle's. Through the ship to the access to the gun turret, and then in, seated in the gunner's swiveling chair. Looking out now at the streaks and stripes of white that are stars.

I used to laugh at Darkal's meditation routine, the one he said would get him in touch with the Force. But I remember it. Ten breaths, slow, in and out. Then inhale, exhale on an "aaaaah", ten times. Eyes closed, imagine a still pond. Drop my thoughts in like pebbles, not following the ripples, just seeking the calm point of origin. Looking for peace, and at the end, clarity.
  • It sounds like you're Trusting your Instincts here. Let's see some dice.
  • Trust My Instincts

(Rolled: 2d6-1. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 4)
  • You sink into that state that Darkal referred to as "becoming one with The Force".

Dropping each thought of the day, the week, the stress, the irritation, the worry. Holding onto your brother's words like a branch in the slow stream.

Then, you hear it. Not beeping, thankfully. A voice.

Ladro? Ladro, I feel you. I feel you reaching out. Do you need me?
  • Ladro Eyes

Darkal? Kriff me. What? How? I was just trying to use his poodoo meditation routine to calm down.
  • The Force, little brother. he replies. Its energy surrounds us and binds us.

The voice grows silent. Then, with concern, You seem troubled.
  • Ladro Eyes

What? I consider all that has happened recently. Cander and Squall are the merest *blip* on the sensors. I have the sense that this isn't going to last long. Kriff me, I hate Sark more than I hate my brother. Captain Sark, he says. I I. He's got me by the short and curlies. Stealing ordnance from his Empire and delivering it to a Raxus Secundus bully.
  • Do you know where his allegiances lie? That seems uncertain. You speak of the what, but the why is unknown. You feel the connection, somehow, dimming.
  • Ladro Eyes

How do I contact you?
  • edited October 2014
    Home. Always at home, they can find me, brother.

The connection fades, and you're left alone in the gun turret.
  • Ladro Eyes

I watch the streaks of light for a while longer, trying not to think. Not to think about Cander, crew, Sark, and most especially not about home or family.

Trying, that is, and failing. With a sigh, I leave the turret and head back to the shuttle. If Jojee's there, I'll just hope she's forgiven my stupid attempt at a joke.
  • Jojee isn't there. Hosk is still in his quarters, so you're left on your own. Jojee actually doesn't come back until the next morning, after her shift flying. She doesn't bring you breakfast, doesn't try to wake you, just slides into your bed quietly.

The next day passes without much interaction. Squall's sleeping in the Engine Room now. Ze doesn't call you back for a follow-up or an emergency. Seesk sees you around, she'll watch some more Young and the Clanless if you're up for that. Do you take her up on it?

Leeadra doesn't come around the lounge, and you don't see Cander all day, either. This turns out to be one of the longest pair of days on the Libation ever.

Lianna can't come soon enough.
  • Ladro Eyes

It's one of those days where even entertaining myself is too much effort. I don't take Seesk up on TYatC, don't seek out anyone. I'll go to the lounge when I need to eat, but spend most of the day in my cabin. Just sitting.

Lianna can't come soon enough.
  • Lianna
    Lianna reminds you of Coruscant, being an ecumenopolis. The Libation lands in the Sienar Technologies Spaceport, a place teeming with beings. This planet has billions of individuals that work in the sprawling concrete and asphalt metropolis. The planet has nearly recovered from the Battle of Lianna during the Clone Wars, with the only remnants being areas still under reconstruction hidden by barriers.

Do you offer to help pitch in with offloading the crates on board other than what's on your shuttle? Lee doesn't ask for it. Seesk is busy using the load lifters and working her scaly hide off. She does not want to pay for day laborers to help out, but this area is an off-loading only sector, not a docking bay, so the clock is ticking.
  • Ladro Eyes

I certainly pitch in. A little honest labor is just what the doctor called for, I think, and it really is a pleasure working with someone who's so good at what she does.
  • Seesk happily takes your help. Hosk follows your lead, not even complaining. As you work, Squall's helping with the hoverlifters, but keeping to zirself, while Cander and Jojee are moving crate. Leeadra helps for a bit, but she's quickly pulled into a discussion with the staff of the off-loading crew, arguing for more time.

Eventually, you're all sweaty and done. You crammed in four hours of work into two, and it was not easy. Lee pulls everyone together for a quick meet. It's odd, Cander stands near her, but Lee doesn't seem to acknowledge him. Squall's off by zirself a few feet back. Jojee stands near Seesk, and Hosk is standing at your side. Hosk smells bad.

Leeadra
    "Good work everyone. I'm going to fly the Libation over to a docking bay. If you want to come along, feel free. Otherwise, you can head out now. We leave tomorrow in the morning."

Looks like most of the crew is getting back on board, except Squall, who nods and heads on.

What do you do?
  • Ladro Eyes

Hosk isn't the only one that smells. I get back on, so I can change and use the refresher before I go out into the planet city.

As we get to the shuttle, "Hosk, what are your plans for the stop?" I'm thinking to head out on my own, but it wouldn't hurt to know where my partner is.
    As you walk up the ramp onto the ship, Hosk stamps out his deathstick, "There's some good gambling dens and a weapons shop here. All separated by too dwang much distance, so I'll be on shuttles most of the time. You?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"I need to refill my stash of klava and spices, so I'll be hitting a market for that, at least. Other than that, I'll see what strikes my fancy. Trying not to get in any trouble, this time at least."
    "First time for everything. heh" Hosk replies.

In short order, Lee lands the Libation. A half hour later, you're cleaned up and heading out. Hosk is walking and chatting with you, and you run into Jojee, who is dressed in a loose cotton top and synth-leather pants.

Jojee makes a face, then brightens, "Hey Hosk, hey Ladro. You guys doing anything fun?" She's sort of faking it.

"Nope." is Hosk's reply.
  • Ladro Eyes

Well, at least she's speaking to me. It was just a joke! "Going to find someplace where I can waste my creds on klava and spices, then look for something to keep me out of trouble. Want to come along and babysit?" Figure I'll make the offer. She'll enjoy declining it.
    She shrugs, "Sure, I can watch you piss away your credits on spices. That sounds better than what I had planned."

Hosk huffs a laugh and shakes his head, "You two are a pair. Have your fun."

You exit the ship and separate on your way out of the spaceport. Hosk is chatty, Jojee's a little quiet.

Jojee asks, "Do you know what's up with Lee? She's been acting really weird the past couple shifts during handoff, hasn't come up to the bridge to chat like she normally does."
  • Ladro Eyes

"Her red fever's been tested a little bit. Seems Squally caught a touch of it, as well, if you know what I mean." If Lee knows, there's no reason for me not to gossip a little.
    Jojee's eyes bug, "You.... you're joking!" She pauses, looking to see if you are, but you aren't, of course. "Sithspit, you're serious! I can't believe ze did that... I mean, yeah, I considered it, but I didn't think Squall had the stones... wow. No wonder Lee's so kriffed up."

She walks for a bit with you towards the shuttles to market, not talking for a little. Then, "That's rough. Wait, how do you know? Did Lee tell you? Why didn't she karking tell me? "
  • Ladro Eyes

"Remember when I made my stupid joke, and then Squall called? Ze was totally messed up about having done it. Started with Cander giving her a massage, and then, when he asked if ze thought Lee would be okay with them kriffing, ze said 'Yes'." I shake my head in amazement.

"You know, for the last day the only one that was talking to me was Seesk. Squally was ashamed, I think, and Lee was upset, even though it wasn't at me for once, Cander was keeping to himself, and you... did I make you that mad? You know my mouth is faster than my brain sometimes. I thought that poodoo would be background noise to you by now."
  • edited October 2014
    Jojee shrugs, "I dunno, Ladro. I mean, no, I wasn't mad after you left. It was just a joke. But then, jokes come from truth sometimes, and I was worried maybe I was giving you mixed signals. So I thought... I don't know. I just." She looks over at you as you both stop in the shuttle line. "I didn't want to mess up what actually works with us. Make sense?"
  • Ladro Eyes

Taking a chance. To clear the air, so to speak. "Jojee, you are a strong, independent, beautiful woman. Attraction isn't a question. Yes..." I raise my hand. "...I'm attracted to you. But recall, if you're able, the night that you decided to test the Galactic Drunkenness Scale. It would've been easy for me to take you to bed then, but I didn't. I'm not going to mess things up, either, okay?" And as I say it, I know it's true.
    She looks up at you, in that squinty way she has most of the time. Your compliments seem to put her off a bit. She's not used to that kind of stuff freely given. But then you remind her of the GDS and how you treated her even though she was totally hitting on you

Her face relaxes, so do her shoulders. "Alright, I'll hand it to you, Ladro. You were a, well, a gentleman that night.: She offers a hand, I assume you shake it. "Alright then. We're good, Ladro. Consider me your back-up partner. I'd never want to take little Hosks's place." She chuckles at her own joke there.

The doors to the shuttle open and folks start piling in, taking seats. This shuttle handles forty passengers, so you two grab a seat beside each other. Which passenger catches your eye on this boat and why, Ladro?
  • Ladro Eyes

I grip her hand, then release it. As we enter the shuttle, a young girl catches my eye. She could easily be my little sister Farla, without the qukuuf. Skin the color of klava, bright, curious eyes, holding tight to her mother's hand. Of course, that was many years ago.

"So, anything you're looking for at the market, Jojee? Or are you just going to goggle at my pointless spending?"
    With a sly grin, Jojee answers, "The goggling is a good enough excuse by itself. But no, I'm going to grab some fresh stuff for the autochef. And, well, maybe something nice for Lee. Since she's probably messed up about the Cander thing. At least, I hope she is. I mean, what if he's using his kriffing powers on her?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"That might not be a bad idea, a treat for Lee. Maybe also some noseplugs, for the pheromones?" I watch the world-city pass by through the windows. "I wonder what she's going to do about Cander. Other than the obvious."
  • edited October 2014
    The shuttle takes off, skimming over hundreds of buildings, past shining spires, over a huge park. You notice that girl has a window seat. She's staring down at the park, wide-eyed. There's a zoo there, and she gasps when she sees some of the animals.

Jojee shifts in her seat to sit sideways, a boot up on the seat of the chair as she faces you, "I heard you can rub peppers in your nose and mess with their stuff. I wonder if it works." She looks out the window past you, just watching the skyline. "You think we should take care of him? I mean, for Lee's sake?" She's not meeting your eyes, and the tone is light, but she's probably serious.
  • Ladro Eyes

I take my attention off the little girl and turn it on Jojee, raise an eyebrow. "That's a pretty, ah, permanent solution, but maybe we could find some way to get him tied up here so he can't be on the Libation when she lifts off?"
    "What?" Jojee says, putting a bit of surprise on her face, "That's what I meant. I mean, of course." She's lying, probably. "I could probably get him trashed, then we drag him off ship and dump him somewhere. Know anywhere that would take a gently used Zeltron?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Ha! Gently used? If you start drinking with him, you're going to wind up using him, alright, and I'd bet it will be anything but gentle." I chuckle a while longer, then follow up with, "Still, it's not a bad beginning."
  • Jojee smirks as the shuttle zooms along. The little girl sits back and kicks her feet for a little while, staring out the window. After a minute, she look over at you, Ladro. In fact, she looks right at you, meeting your gaze. She doesn't flinch away, looking with the youthful curiosity.

Jojee elbows you, "Hey, are you there? I asked if you knew of some place that might take him. Maybe we slide him up near a Trooper depot, fire a blaster and run?" She's quite into this plotting.
  • Ladro Eyes

When I was young, maybe sixteen cycles, and Farla was ten, she ran away from home. Not like I was going to do in a few years, but in that innocent, "Mommy's being mean, I'll teach her a lesson!" way. She came to me first, though, and asked me to make her a sandwich for the trip. Which I did, with as serious a demeanor as I could manage. When she left, I followed at a distance, careful that she didn't see me. She walked about ten minutes to a park, sat on a bench and ate her sandwich, looking at every passerby with that same frank curiosity and interest. Then she stood up, carefully brushed off the crumbs, and walked back home. Mother never knew she'd gone, but Farla seemed satisfied.

"Wha? Oh, sure, ah... I would really like not to be that close to any of the boys in white. Maybe drop him at a brothel? He might even like it."
    "They'll probably offer him a job, heh."

The shuttle starts slowing, coming down to a landing spot. People are gathering up their things. A woman beside the young girl takes her hand, talking to her quietly. She keeps looking at you, though.
  • Ladro Eyes

I wave to the girl. I hope she maybe gets to go to the zoo, later.

I'll stand myself, get ready to disembark. "He'd never lack for customers, that's certain."
    As you both start heading for the door with the crowd, Jojee leans into your ear,
    "Would you kriff him, Ladro? Ever swung that way before?" There's some mirth and curiosity in her voice.
  • edited October 2014
    Ladro Eyes

"Can't say as I've been tempted to, really. Just doesn't appeal to me. Or, maybe I just haven't met the right guy..." I bump her a little with my shoulder as we finally make our way out the door to the shuttle, but not hard enough to make her lose her footing.
    "What if he's the one, Ladro? Maybe you should steal him away from Lee, yeah?" The girl is walking out right in front of you, holding the hand of that woman. She must be her mother.

The platform overlooks the market. There are hundreds of well-organized stalls selling imported, hydroponically and roof-grown garden food and lots of crafty items. Jojee grins as she looks at all the goods.
  • Ladro Eyes

I bat my eyelashes at Jojee. "Well, he does make me feel kinda funny in my stomach, when he gives me that look. And he smells so good!"

I really love a good market. I prefer the messy, underground ones where you find the discontinued blaster batteries next to the fruits and veggies, but this, with its neat lanes and its lack of an obvious criminal element, makes up for its faults through sheer size. "Jojee," I say seriously, "Are you ready to go shopping?"
    Jojee's eyes grow comically wide and she nods. "All I've ever wanted in a man... to take me shopping." She shrills a little laugh, sounds girlish, then walks beside you down the stairs and into the market.

The little girl and her mother head towards the legumes. Are you following her subtly or heading on towards the spices?

"I guess the whole Cander thing is why Squall looked so karked up today then? Sucks to be her, I guess." Jojee almost sounds sorry for Squall, but not exactly. Did Squall ever mention why there's some "oddness" between them?
  • Ladro Eyes

We've got time. I head the same direction as the mother and daughter, not even realizing that I'm doing it. "Yeah, it must suck. She was messed up about it even before she and Cander talked to Lee."

Jojee and Squall had a problem over another one of zir ill-fated bouts with temptation, before I joined the Libation. The story involves a bottle of very expensive rum the two of them bought together. When Jojee finally got around to tasting it, Squall had already drunk it all and then replaced the rum with a weak tea of about the same color. Harsh words and tears ensued, and, though both will tell you it's all okay now, Jojee has little patience with the little Rattataki's foibles.
    That seems to be the end of thr discussion for her. Jojee becomes enthralled with some jumping beans that are various shades of blues. "I wonder what the autochef would do with these ?"

Meanwhile, the woman and young girl have each gotten baskets and are busy making little purchases from several shops.
  • Ladro Eyes

"I'm sorry, Jojee, I need to... I'll be right back." I walk down to the girl and her mother with a little trepidation. I feel like I need to say something, like singing through a song that's running in your head. I'm also pretty sure it's not going to go over well.

"Excuse me, ma'am," I say to the woman I assume is the mother. "Your daughter, she reminds me a lot of my sister at her age, and I just wanted to tell you she's a lovely young lady." I wait for the woman's reaction before addressing the girl.
  • Jojee looks at you with complete surprise, but you're heading away before you hear whatever she says. As you approach, the young woman looks at you curiously, gripping the young girl's hand for a moment. Her mouth is a thin line for a moment as she studies you, eyes drifting on your hair, your tattoo.

This is the young woman:
    Tem Bresfis

"Tanna," she says, bending down and turning to the young girl. "This is the train man, isn't it?" She nods. "Want to tell him hello?"

The young girl, Tanna, looks at you with those unafraid eyes. "I look like your sister? I don't have any brothers. Where is she?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I squat down on my haunches so her eyes and mine are level. "It's nice to meet you, Tanna. My sister's old now, almost as old as me, and she lives on a planet called Kiffu. Did you find anything special to put in your basket today?"
  • Tanna bashfully shows you her basket. There are some string beans, along with some little yellow flowers. "What's your sissy's name?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Her name is Farla, and I'm Ladro. Those are pretty flowers, Tanna, and it was really nice meeting you." I straighten and meet her mother's gaze. "Thank you for letting me talk to Tanna. The resemblance is really striking, and I was feeling a bit nostalgic." I hold out my hand for a shake.
  • The young woman takes your hand, "It's nice to meet nice people. I'm Tem Bresfis. Now, we aren't strangers." She pauses, then adds, "Maybe this is the universe telling you head home, Ladro."
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm nice people? "Tem, it was a pleasure, and if the universe is talking to me through Tanna, it's being a lot more kind than it usually is." I turn to make my way back to Jojee, thoughtful.
    Jojee's arms are crossed and she's got a wry grin on her face as you walk back up, "That was. The most adorable thing I've seen in a long, long time. I didn't know you were good with kids. Or, was that some clever ploy to get in momma's pants?" She chuckles, obviously not really accusing you.
  • Ladro Eyes

"I don't need ploys, Jojee. I've got this." I wave my hand from to indicate my face and body. "Little girl reminded me of someone I used to know. Now, shopping!" If she's paying attention, she'll realize the cheer is a little forced. Too much thinking about home.
  • Lianna Market
    Working your way through the copious stalls and baskets, you find some rare mixes of saffron, what this world grows that's similar to cardamom, even some blends of cloves you've never seen before.

Jojee grabs some incense, several bags of fruits and vegetables and a carved wooden pipe that looks like an Ewok's head. She thinks it's the cutest thing she's ever seen, tells you this a couple times.

How's the afternoon treating you?

Where do you end up eating supper? Somewhere by the markets, or do you look for something different?
  • Ladro Eyes

The third time Jojee starts to tell me how cute her little pipe is, I join in, mimicking her voice as best as I can. "...the cutest thing I've ever seen!"

I wind up with the klava and spices that were my goal, and pick up the cardamom-analog and definitely some cloves to experiment with. I also grab some fresh fruit, and a selection of local candy for Hosk's sweet tooth. Jojee and I look around for something that might cheer Lee up, and finally agree on a nice bottle of a sweet white wine and a box of Trammistan chocolates.

We keep dinner simple, at a franchise that sells "The Finest Nerf Burgers in the Galaxy! Over 1 Quadrillion Served!"
    Jojee swallows down another bite of her burger, "This is really awesome, Ladro!" She goes in for another bite. Then, her mouth full, she suggests,"We should get drunk tonight, yeah?"
  • Ladro Eyes

Getting drunk with my unlikely buddy Jojee seems like a good idea. I'm guessing that her last geyser-blow was recent enough that it might be safe, too. "I'm in!"
  • You both find a nice place to drink together. Jojee starts telling you about old times when Lee was "just a kid" and Jojee was the pilot, flying the Libation with Chaddith as captain. Jojee seems to have had a little crush on Lee's uncle, at least, that's the way it seems from the way she tells the stories. She declares she's going "for level seven on your stupid scale" tonight.

It's getting dark and she's around level four when your comm goes off. It's a message from Cander, of all beings.

From: Cander How's the night treating you, Ladro? Is Squall alright? Ze seemed quite upset today.
  • Ladro Eyes

I think I'm at a two-point-five, but its likely I'm really a righteous three. "Hey, Jojee, do you really wanna do something to Cander? He just sent me a message."
    After tossing back a shot, Jojee laughs, "Get a few more shots in me and I'll wanna do something to lots of people!" She giggles at her own joke and slaps your arm, "Why? Whassup?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Well, if we really do wanna strand that red sister-kriffer here, it seems like an opportunity. He's asking about Squall, but we could prolly lure him into our web."
    Suddenly, Jojee's a little more serious. She sits up a bit straighter, "Let's do it. Let's get him for what he did to our crew."
  • Ladro Eyes

"Lee will kill us if she finds out. You know that, right?" Still, I'm already responding to Cander's message.

To: Cander Good night so far. You can meet Jojee and me at Rift Bar if you want.
  • edited October 2014
    Jojee licks her lips, "She's not in her right mind. We're helping her."

• Ladro Eyes

I'm not sure we're in our right minds, either, but I'm enjoying this little conspiracy and feel pretty confident I can keep it from going too far. I slow my consumption, trying to maintain at a three, and make every effort to keep Jojee distracted and put some more food in her belly so she doesn't go too far down the drunk spiral.

We sit in the bar, making snide remarks about the overdressed clientele, waiting for Cander's arrival.
  • Jojee has back off the drinking, trying to get a grip for what you're about to do. She orders some hot peppers and keeps them on a small plate by her water. After half an hour, Cander comes in. He scans the dance floor, then the tables, finding you at the bat. He's wearing a black vest, no shirt underneath, a pair of synth-leather pants with a royal blue stripe down the side, finished off with some sleek boots.

Once she sees him, Jojee mashes some peppers and rubs them inside her nose quickly. Do you do anything?

Cander
    Cander comes up between the two of you, not taking a stool to sit on, "Greetings, crewmates. How are you this evening?" He touches both of you lightly.

"Better now that you're here, Red." Jojee says with a slur that sounds pronounced. Cander looks at her, then you, unsure.

Are you backing Jojee up, or doing something different?
  • Ladro Eyes

I do the same with the peppers, ignoring the burn.

I play along with Jojee. "Yeah, we're dedicating a night to exploring the joys of drunkenessess. Figured the more, the merrierer."
  • edited October 2014
    Cander
    Cander grins widely, "There are ten levels to inebriation, but eighteen joys to it. Isn't that interesting? I've experienced each one as part of my training on Zeltron." He waves the bartender over, he practically falls over himself taking Cander's order. "One might think that the clinical examination of pleasure would rob it of some of its allure." He picks up the glass and raises up, not proposing a toast, but gesturing with it, "One would be wrong. Have you had Alderaani Ale? It's fantastic."

Jojee puts a hand on Cander's wrist, the one holding the glass, "Never had it before. Is this it?" She looks up at him in the most adoring way, you didn't think she was capable. Cander happily shares his drink with her. As Jojee drinks, she's still holding his wrist.
  • edited October 2014
    Ladro Eyes

If Cander falls for this act of Jojee's (at least I hope it's an act), he hasn't been paying attention to who she really is. "Alderaani Ale's a personal favorite, Cander. Where did you first try it?"
  • Cander
    Cander seems to enjoy Jojee's attentions, but it's also something he's "used to", if that makes sense. He's a sensual person, so while this may be a big move for Jojee, it's kind of "just a thing" for Cander. "Before the great and terrible loss of that lovely world, I was there as a young man. Alderaan was one of the most wonderful places I'd visited. I made several friends in only a few days, and still miss them." He raises the glass, "To Alderaan. May we never forget."

Jojee's sort of ignoring the sad note. She's put her arm around him and she's leaning in, her left breast brushing his side.
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm letting momentum carry me along. "To Alderaan." I raise my glass. "So, what happened when you and Squall had your talk with Lee? If you don't mind my asking." I'm keeping an eye out for a waitress, looking to order something a little stronger than ale for Candy.
  • Cander drains his glass, puts it down. Like he's noticing Jojee just now, he smiles down at her. Jojee's practically melting. She's really pouring it on, Ladro.

Cander
    "Ah, yes." He looks down at Jojee, "I guess you know, too?" He looks back at you, "Leeadra was disappointed. We had no official commitment, but she was quite upset, said that everyone cheats on her, fretted about never being enough for anyone. I felt rather awful. Squall did, too, I could sense it. Ze nearly shrunk in on zirself. Squall grabbed zir stuff and announced ze would stay in the Engine Room for the rest of the trip. I spent the rest of the trip trying to bolster Leeadra's wounded pride. I told her my feelings for her hadn't changed, she eventually forgave me. I wish it hadn't been so painful for us all."

What is it that you say to the waitress who comes by? I'd like to see how you approach this.
  • Ladro Eyes

That's a stomach-punch, hearing Lee's words from Cander's mouth. Still, Jojee and I have a stupid plan to implement. We can at least proceed with Part A: Get Cander Drunk.

When the waitress stops by, I play like I'm a little drunker than I am, following Jojee's lead. "Miss, our scarlet friend here is playing... catchup. Can you bring him a shot of something stronger? And another ale..." To Cander, "It's no fair starting late so you can feel sup... su... better than the drunk people."
  • She's human, this waitress. Cute, but there's something about the way her mouth moves when she smiles, just awkward. She takes the order and while Jojee's flirting with Cander, rubbing on him, laughing and acting like she could just glue herself on him, the waitress comes back with a fresh round of ales and a couple shots of "the hard stuff".
  • Ladro Eyes

I raise a shot to Cander. "Here's to Lee!" I'll wait for him to drink it down, then sip on mine. Slowly. We didn't really make much of a plan, Jojee and me. "What did you do today, Cander?" I'll keep feeding him ale and liquor and hope Jojee starts doing something other than acting like she hadn't put hot peppers up her nose.
  • Cander
    "You mean besides the good captain?" Cander replies with a grin. It's weird, because he makes those cocky words sound like a triumph for both him and Lee instead of come braggart's conquest. He raises a new glass, "To the Libation!" and drinks a big gulp. Jojee, meanwhile, has her hand on his chest, lightly scratch the skin, rubbing the muscles. He seems to enjoy it, but it's also something he seems to be accustomed to, being fondled and touched.

If you want to get Cander trashed, Ladro, then let's see you Manipulate him into trusting you and Jojee as crewmates and friends.
  • Manipulate +1 XP

(Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 6, 4. Total: 12)
  • It's late when a very drunk Cander is busy making out with Jojee on the dance floor. She's wearing his vest, and pushing every part of her flesh against him that she can. He's puddy in your hands, Ladro.

How does this go down?
  • Ladro Eyes

Well, it goes down like this. Once Cander is sufficiently pliable, I manage to snap Jojee out of the haze of pheromones that got past the peppers enough to help me get him out of the bar and down the street. We set him on the steps of a Liannan Planetary Security station and tell him we'll be right back. Just before we walk away, I lean down and whisper, "Hey, I don't know this place very well, so if you'd just sing a song every few minutes, so we can find you by listening for your voice, that'd be great!"
  • Minutes later as you're walking towards the transport shuttles with Jojee, you hear Cander belt out some show tune about some impossible dream. It's rousing and inspiring and ends abruptly. Jojee laughs and laughs at that, barely able to stand and slurring her words, but still leaving with you. Do you head back to the Libation?

How messed up are you, Ladro? You don't seem so bad off.
  • Ladro Eyes

Yeah, we'll head back to the Libation, give Jojee a chance to sleep it off. I'm not not all that bad, still mostly walking straight, but I could easily take a nightcap back at the ship and get some sleep so I'm fully rested for the fallout tomorrow.
  • Hosk was in the shuttle when you came in for the night. He poked his head out, but didn't have much to say. He's in one of his solitary moods. Leeadra was probably on ship, but you didn't see her. Seesk was in the lounge, downloading new TYatC episodes, among other druk.

The next morning comes, and Jojee's up and hung way over. She's not sick, but she's moving slow. Seesk is up, so's Hosk. As you're all in the lounge eating, Leeadra comes in, fresh from a shower, smelling of nice soap.

Leeadra
    "Jojee, Seesk, have either of you seen Cander this morning?"

"Not ssssince he went out lassst night. Sssquall neither."
  • Ladro Eyes

Since the question was addressed to Jojee, I'll wait to back her play, figuring it will be easier to back up a hungover Jojee than it would be for her to follow my cues. Squall not being back worries me, though.
    Jojee has her eyes closed, rubbing a cool cup of water on her forehead, "Didn't see Cander since I left last night, Lee."
  • Ladro Eyes

I shrug in agreement. "Any idea what Squall was planning for last night?" This last addressed to the room.
  • Hosk takes another drink of his caff mixed with grain alcohol, he has no idea and knows you aren't asking him. Jojee shakes her head no.

Seesk pauses before finishing off her bowl, "Zzzze hassn't sspoken to me in a couple dayssss."

Leeadra
    "We're due to hop off this rock in two hours. They better show up soon."

Seesk stands up, taking her bowl to the autochef for cleaning. "I'll go look for them."

Leeadra
    Leeadra bites her lower lip in frustration, like she knows she needs to go look for them, but she's probably afraid of what she'll find. "Jojee, you're in rough shape. Stick around and watch the ship. I'll... go look for them, too."
  • Ladro Eyes

"I'll go, Lee. You probably have things to do, right?" I stand and make ready to leave with Seesk.
  • Leeadra
    Leeadra looks almost thankful when you offer. She says in a clipped tone, "I'm leaving in two hours. Whoever is here is my kriffing crew."
  • Ladro Eyes

Once we're off the ship, I'll turn to Seesk. "Squall's the priority, agreed? Especially if we've only got two hours. Should we stick together, or split up to cover more ground?" I look around for a data terminal, check for news articles that might indicate likely Spice-trafficking areas near the offloading terminal we stopped at yesterday.
    Seesk answers, "Big city. Let'sss sssplit up."

Jojee comes jogging down the ramp, Wait up." She wanders over towards you, her eyes swimming. "I wanna find Squally."
  • Ladro Eyes

I want to find Squall more than I want to avoid the pile of druk I'll be in if Cander's found. "Alright Seesk. Jojee and I will start near the offloading terminal from yesterday, where Squall left the ship, then split off from there if we find traces. Keep in touch." We'll catch a shuttle, head to whatever spot seemed most likely from my quick review of the holo feed summaries.
  • Ladro, let's see you Act Under Fire to find Squall. If you get a full hit, Cander is left behind.