Humberto Rivera

Hot: 0
* Cold: -1
* Volatile: 1
Dark: 1

* - highlighted for session two

Humberto-05.jpg
Sex Move:
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart.
Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power.

Moves:

Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

Dark Recruiter
When you bring an innocent soul to the dark power, mark experience.

Bargains:
Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

The Power Flows Through You
You can give the dark power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll (choose before rolling).

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Humberto-03

Strings

I owe debts.

Officer Ramos has THREE Strings on me, I took a +2 to Manipulate Abby into keeping the baby. Then, I failed to get Todd to ditch church for a hookup at school. I took a +2 to Lash Out at Brad.
    Officer Ramos had one string on me from the whole muscles thing he gave me. Sex with Abby meant that string went to her.
    Officer Ramos had a String on me, from the whatever-he-did to clear up my acne, and the whole muscles thing, too. Sex with Liz means one string went to her.
    Lali has a String on me, she knows I don't speak Spanish very well, even though I act like I do.
    Todd has a String on me. He made me feel good when I felt awful about myself (screw you, Brad).

I've got one over on.

Chase thinks he can save me. I have a String on him.
    I have TWO strings on Lali (I turned her on and she failed to turn me on)
    I have ONE string on Brad (I lashed out and decked him over denting my car)

• edited February 2015

Conditions

Harm

1-Harm (Freddie punched me)

Humberto-06
  • edited March 2015

Experience Points

x x x O (>)
    (Total: 2, Advances: 0)
    1.2: Rolled Volatile to Lash Out at Freddie (miss!)
    1.6 Rolled Hot to Manipulate Todd (miss!)
    2.1 Rolled Volatile to Lash out at Brad (full hit)

Advancement

_ Take another Infernal move.
    _ Take the remaining Bargains.
    _ Create a new Bargain (MC approval).
    _ Take a move from another Skin.
    _ Take a move from another Skin.
    _ You supply for Needy Fiends.
    _ Add 1 to Hot (max 3).
    _ Add 1 to Cold (max 3).
    _ Add 1 to Volatile (max 3).
    _ Add 1 to Dark (max 3).
  • edited January 2015
    photo Humberto-01_zpsc6330bd1.jpg
    A brief bit about Humberto:
    Humberto's Dad is in prison serving multiple life sentences. His older brother is a gang-banger, so his mother moved away and took him to keep him "out of the life". A month ago, something came to him (or someone). They act as his father figure and offer him things for a price

Romances:

Friendships:

Rivalries:

• reserved
  • reserved
  • So Humberto...
    You're an attractive young man, with a mother who obviously cares about you. Where did you move from, to come to school here in LA? How did you feel about upending your life?

Also, you've got this presence that comes to you, acts like a father figure... How did you first encounter it, and what did he first offer you?
  • We're from Oakland originally. Yes, I'm a Raiders fan, so what? More into baseball, you know, it has more of my people. At first, I was pretty pissed to leave. But now, it's not so bad. LA's no picnic, but I was able to remake myself here, which is cool.

There was a break-in next door. This cop showed up at our apartment. Officer Ramos. He was really nice to my mom, but older, you know? Not someone she'd be into, but he was cool. He asked me about my acne, which was pretty awful. And asked if I worked out, too, which I didn't. He gave me some tips, bought me weird zit medicine. It really worked! It was until like a month ago when I realized he had actual magic. That I wasn't just following smart advice. Now, he's offering me some really amazing shit. Strings attached, but hey, nothing in life that's good is free, comprende?
  • Header

imageHumberto