[GEN] Jackal the Hocus

edited January 2015 in Generations

Jackal the Hocus

Stats: Cool+1 Hard-1 *Hot+1 Sharp=0 *Weird+2
* - highlighted for session one
MOVES:
Fortunes: fortune, surplus and want all depend on your followers. At the beginning of the session, roll+fortune. On a 10+, your followers have surplus. On a 7–9, they have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, they are in want. If their surplus lists barter, like 1-barter or 2-barter, that’s your personal share.

Frenzy: When you speak the truth to a mob, roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make the mob:
• bring people forward and deliver them.
• bring forward all their precious things.
• unite and fight for you as a gang (2-harm 0-armor size appropriate).
• fall into an orgy of uninhibited emotion: fucking, lamenting, fighting, sharing, celebrating, as you choose.
• go quietly back to their lives.
On a miss, the mob turns on you.

Divine protection: your gods give you 1-armor. If you wear armor, use that instead, they don’t add.

Hocus Special
If you and another character have sex, you each hold 1. Either of you can spend your hold any time to help or interfere with the other, at a distance or despite any barriers that would normally prevent it.

Comments

• edited January 2015

Followers

I have around 20 followers, loyal to me but not fanatical. They have their own lives apart from me, integrated in the local population. They know I am synthetic, that I have a direct line to the AI of the ship. They are my cult. When I travel, they congregate in their own communities.
    (fortune+2 surplus: 1-barter, +party want: desertion +stupor +savagery).

My followers are:
    * involved in successful commerce. +1fortune.
    * joyous and celebratory. Surplus: +party.
    * drug-fixated. Surplus: +stupor.
    * decadent and perverse. Want: +savagery.
  • edited January 2015
    Jackal-02

AUGURY

When I use my followers or my workspace for augury, roll+weird. On a hit, I can choose 1:
    • Reach through the world’s psychic maelstrom to something or someone connected to it.
    • Isolate and protect a person or thing from the world’s psychic maelstrom.
    • Isolate and contain a fragment of the world’s psychic maelstrom itself.
    • Insert information into the world’s psychic maelstrom.
    • Open a window into the world’s psychic maelstrom.
    By default, the effect will last only as long as I maintain it, will reach only shallowly into the world’s psychic maelstrom as it is local to me, and will bleed instability. On a 10+, choose 2; on a 7–9, choose 1:
    • It’ll persist (for a while) without me actively maintaining it.
    • It reaches deep into the world’s psychic maelstrom.
    • It reaches broadly throughout the world’s psychic maelstrom.
    • It’s stable and contained, no bleeding.
    On a miss, whatever bad happens, your antenna takes the brunt of it.

Jackal-02

INSIGHT

When I use your followers for insight, I ask them what they think my best course is, and the MC will tell me. If I pursue that course, take +1 to any rolls I make in the pursuit. If I pursue that course but don’t accomplish my ends, I mark experience.
  • edited February 2015
    Jackal-03

Experience Points

X X X O (>)
    (Total: 3, Advances: 0)

Advancement

__ get +1cool (max cool+2)
    __ get +1hard (max hard+2)
    __ get +1sharp (max sharp+2)
    __ get a new hocus move
    __ get a new hocus move
    __ choose a new option for your followers
    __ choose a new option for your followers
    __ get a holding (detail) and wealth
    __ get a move from another playbook
    __ get a move from another playbook
    ------------------------------------
    __ get +1 to any stat (max stat+3)
    __ retire your character (to safety)
    __ create a second character to play
    __ change your character to a new type
    __ choose 3 basic moves and advance them.
    __ advance the other 4 basic moves.
  • edited January 2015

HX

I have HX +1 with Flush the Hoarder.
    I have HX 0 with Nbeke the Hardholder
  • edited January 2015
    Jackal's Post Header:
    imageJackal

Jackal's thoughts look like this.

"Jackal's speech looks like this."
  • edited January 2015
    So, Jackal.

Tell me about synthetics. How many of you are there? What makes it hard to pass as not human?
    And your cult... what sort of communities do they congregate in? How frequently do you travel?
  • edited January 2015
    Mischa said:

So, Jackal.
    Tell me about synthetics. How many of you are there? What makes it hard to pass as not human?

imageJackal

There are three other synthetics. The others do not wish to be revealed and I have agreed to hold their secret.
    The difference between bioorganics and synthetics can only be seen on a microscopic level. In their attempt to integrate synthetics into everyday life of colonists, we were created to seem like them. I have a universal bloodtype, engineered to ensure my vitae could be useful for all humans. This is something the others do not wish to be shared.
  • Mischa said:

And your cult... what sort of communities do they congregate in? How frequently do you travel?

imageJackal

Nbeke's hold is the largest collection of the populace. There are two members of my cult who reside below decks, but they are new and I have not yet probed for more information. The majority of my cult are civilians, merchants, hydroponic gardeners and artisans. I have four members of the military who like to party with us. They are quite fun when they let their nearly non-existent hair down.

I do not travel much. Often my cultists bring things to me.
  • imageJackal

Opening my Mind
    When I open myself fully to the feed, to the expanse of information within the ship as well as the AI and my fellow synthetics, it is a sea of ones and zeroes, relational databases and queries, pure code. It is a gulf of data that makes me feel warm, complete and whole. I share with them all my experiences and they give me back what they are seeing and feeling. It is my orgasm.