[DVFP] Arena - Cinch the witness (C 5.4)

edited April 2017 in aw2e-dvfp

The lines for the Arena queued up last night. Sure, gangers like the Skorpions can stroll in later and still get good vantage spots later, but the chum and the scrum have to line up and wait. Wait for each shuffling step forward into the arena. All the while listening to the go-gang music blaring over the loudspeakers since dawn.

Baskets of food and jugs of water inside the arena is the word on the street. Plenty. For everyone! The Fat Man's flexing his muscles, and the whole of Depot will see. They will see the bounty he provides, everyone will know that the United Front cannot dampen his spirits. Not even the Fippers can keep him down. The palace has not fallen. The Fat Man is unbowed. Depot is triumphant!

Cinch,
You arrived in Depot with Mimi in tow, and after asking around at the Garage, you found June's trailer, her workshop. Unfortunately, there was no June in it. A nearby merchant told you she took her crew to the Arena, that the bug-eyed girl said they were working "spiriments". Since Gigg asked you to deliver Mimi to June, your job's not done yet. No rest for the wicked.

What do you do?

Comments

Spiriments, huh? Knowing June that could be almost anything.

I head that way, take the back ways in that only the duelists know. Mimi's comin' with of course... if anyone asks then we're part of the show.

Let's go see these 'speriments first-hand.
    Mimi follows you past the guard at the staff entrance, and the two of you head under the stands of the eastern section. It's dim here, only dingy bulbs strung from a line down the narrow hallway. Lots of folks moving between storage rooms to food prep, or hustling to their spots for the next arena entertainment. You see Rothschild coming up towards you. She gives you a nod, then notices Mimi and seems slightly concerned about that.

What do you do?
    For some reason I enjoy her reaction. Like, I know it's cool but she don't know it yet.
    "She's with me, it's all good," I elbow Mimi in the arm and slow a bit, "you know where I can find June Weaver?"
  • edited April 2017

"She better be. I'll get on her bad side and taze her ass." Rothschild says testily. She peers at you, Cinch. "June's my girl. We've got big shite going down. Why should I let Mimsie here come take a dump in our cereal, Cinch?"
    halcy said:

image"That makes it nice and clear." June calls over a balcony. "Cinch, what is it you need? I'm elbows deep in wire right now." She wave some wires before her to illustrate my point.

I grin at Rothschild when she makes that quip. People don't change I guess... least they don't think people do.

When June calls down I look up and regard her with hands on hips, "I'm sure you are, June Weaver. But I made a promise only you can keep."

I glance at Mimi, put a hand on her shoulder.

"Can we come up'n see ya?"
    halcy said:

image"'If you want something done, find someone who's busy.'" June waves a hand upward to invite you and Mimi, then points out the stairs,

Cinch, please go here to join her.