[SWAW] Winter Wonderland [Kelb S2]

edited December 2013 in SWAW
Well that was fun, wasn't it? Jaina did her best to give you another evening of passion and relaxation — did you get what you wanted out of that? Of course, once the crew was on the boat again, she approached you about what dynamic you felt would be appropriate between you — for your crew, of course... How are you playing it in their presence?

Pem had the landing pod delivered directly to Jaina's cargo bay, and it's been latched onto the secondary airlock. It's pretty rickety, but it'll do the job. He also scored some decent winter gear for the attack. Jazz has been in the cargo bay with Mr. Burr setting up the loadout kits, and Squall has been helping Jaina's new first mate — Jae Go, who was previously just hired help — learn some new tricks with her bridge computers. What has Jaina told you, in confidence of course, about Jae Go and his abilities as a first mate?

Comments

• Yes, a hundred times yes, I got all I needed and more. I hope she did, too. I really like how much fun we have together! I mean, I'm a tiny bit sore, she's got a bit of a kinky side sometimes when she gets riled. Nobody likes reverse cowgirl for that long. Well, she does, but she was watching me. But I'm not complaining! It is definitely the memory that I need to hold onto when we're down on Hoth. I mentioned how much I hate arctic temperatures, right?

As for how we relate to each other, we've agreed to stay friendly, but professional. She's the captain, I will treat her with the utmost respect. I'm a customer for this trip, and she'll keep that in mind. No flirting, no inappropriate touching, no kissing (when anyone is looking). I'll be in my bunk, she'll be in the captain's quarters. Of course, if I happen to sneak into her room, well, if nobody knows, it does not count! How long is the trip to Hoth anyways?

Jae Go is pretty raw, as far as experience on a working ship, but Jaina says the guy has some real potential. He's an awful shot, though, I worry about Jaina's security on the ship, especially after the pirate attacks. But she trusts him to do his duty. The one thing I will say, the guy is very meticulous, which is great in sims. But out here in the black, you have to make snap decisions sometimes.
  • The trip to Hoth is about 8 days from Kestic — It's about a quarter of the way around the Rim, and people tend to get a little cabin fever without something to keep them busy — fortunately, prepping for the op, and getting used to wearing those thermal clothes takes up a lot of time and energy. Let's say you're on day 7 of the trip, discussing the plan of attack.

"I'm telling you Burr," Pem rebuttals, "we can do a midpoint drop just fine! It gets us closer to the base so we can keep the element of surprise if they spot us dropping!"

Burr shakes his head, "We took the time to get that survival gear, I say we use it, and just do away with the added risk."

Jazz has been siding with Pem, "I don't wanna use that kriffing gear a minute longer than I have to. I say we go in there, guns blazing, and hit 'em with the old one-two-punch! Burr hits the ridge here for sniping position, Squall gives us Telemetry, and Pem, Kelb and me kriff 'em up the rear."

Burr sinks back into his chair, not willing to argue the point any more. "Last time we went in guns blazing, they were ready for us — and those were just a bunch of miners! We're talking about pirates here. If you want them to know you're coming, and make complete banthas of yourselves, that's your business."

Squall looks to you, "what do you think, Kelb? Go in hot? Or take a day-long trek for the element of surprise?"
  • "Pem, I didn't send you traipsing about for arctic gear to waste it. We're dropping and sneaking." I look to Jazz, not disrespecting him, but really, this is too aggressive. What's he trying to prove?

"Mr. Burr has it right. We want the element of surprise here. We don't have much intel, and I'm giving away any advantage. This should be a simple sweep and clear, but I just got Pem out of the infirmary, don't want to get his purty face messed up by playing big bad trooper patrol."

That should settle it. Man, I'm getting pumped for this op! "Jazz, you think our armor will handle the sub orbital drop, or should we hop inside the drop pod?" There, something for him to concentrate on.
  • edited October 2014
    Jazz doesn't take offense. It's not his call to make, and he likes it that way – he doesn't like the idea of trekking through the snow for a day, either, mind you. He sighs and thinks on it a moment. "Probably... I'd bet we could even rig 'em for a bit of maneuverability in the air. Lemme check that out... That'd be kriffing ZENG!"

Jaina is with you for the briefing. She finally speaks up, "what should I do? Hold Geosynchronous, or touch down?"

Squall adds, "touching down gives us the best comm link, especially during a storm, but I can only get telemetry from space. Your call Kelb."
  • edited October 2014
    "Touch down, but maintain a safe distance." I reply, and no, I'm not being protective of her. This makes the most strategic sense. "I'd rather have comms than up to the moment telemetry. Either they're there or they aren't. And I'd rather have evac around, just in case."

"Keep in mind people, we are a precise group of hitters, they will have numbers, and we are on their turf." I look to each of them. "Squall, I want you back on the Hawk unless we need to pull you in close. Any more questions? Ask 'em now, don't be shy."
  • Jazz raises his hand, "who's handling the pool for most kills? 'Cause I'm gunna clean the kriff up!"

Everyone around the table laughs, and Pem shakes his head. "Just leave me my wookiee slippers, boy. Papa Pem's gunna school you on the intricacies of field-dressing."

Sounds like everyone here knows what they're up to. Do you have anything you want to do before the op? A pre-game ritual, of sorts?
  • We are a merc team, of COURSE we have rituals. Jazz and I have a hand-crafted Mythosaur skull (not a real one, they were HUGE) that I commissioned when we started the team. We call it "Taung-y", its a little joke about our Mandalorian ancestors.

It looks a little like this: Mythosaur skull

Taungy is big enough to just barely fit in one hand. He has cool little markings on him, lots of colors on the white bone base. I add a symbol each time we return from a mission, try to tie it to the mission we completed. I also have a red mark on there for each team member we've lost, just a slash over the symbol of the mission where they died. For example, the last mission is now a gray asteroid with a red dot hole in it for the mine. I even added a little furry outline around the asteroid, you know, for the Wookiee. Pem liked that.

When we return from a mission, one of us, whoever we all agree was the baddest, or the most fearsome or most valuable, lots of different criteria bundled together that person gets to kiss Taungy. Now, you'd think this would be silly, but whoever kisses Taungy gets a free drink from each of the rest of us at the next stop. Pem nearly broke the bank with the crazy stuff he ordered at Kestic.

Before we depart for a mission, I always gather the team, and we each rub the top of the skull for luck. Jazz and I say these words before them, he and I say them together.

"We are Dha Werda Verda.
    We are Mando'ade.
    Strength. Courage. Honor. Tenacity."

Then we all say together, "Victory."

It isn't shouting, we don't get "fired up" and charge out like maniacs. We say it, we look to each other, our little brotherhood, our team and my family. I love these people, even if I have be rough on them sometimes.

This time around, Jaina is there to watch. She isn't allowed to participate, but I do look at her a couple times, not excluding her entirely. But this is for the team, she's not part of the team (yet).

Once we do the rituals, I'm ready to go.
  • edited December 2013
    A screen wipe later and you find yourself loading Pem and Mr. Burr into the pod. They're strapped down, and fully geared up. Jazz is waiting for you by the airlock. There is tension in the air. Everyone has their game face on.

You make your way into the Airlock, and shut it behind you. You hear Jaina come on your suit's intercom, "Atmo in five — look alive, Kelborn!" The ship rocks as the bow breaks into the atmosphere, a fire burning brightly on the window ahead. "Drop in 10," she says, the fire starting to clear up. A private message flashes on your hud:

"Good hunting, -J"

Then the airlock light starts flashing and you feel the ship's gravity give out beneath you. Jazz screams in excitement as you both start falling towards Hoth, picking up great speed. The crosswinds are crazy... You can feel yourself being pushed away from the drop zone as you fall. Jazz is following your lead.

When you perform an aerial drop, roll+cool. On a 10+, choose 2 options from the list below. On a 7-9, choose 1.
    • You landed on target.
    • The people you jumped with landed with you.
    • You were not spotted.
  • Aerial Drop Move:
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 3. Total: 6)

(+1 XP)
  • Burning my bond with Jazz for his help on this.

Choosing "you were not spotted"
  • The crosswinds were terrible. Jazz was fighting them all the way down to the bitter end, trying to get over to you in spite of them — but in the end they were just too much, and your jetpacks just weren't ready for this kind of cold. You got separated, and now there's a good couple of clicks between you and him. You have a pretty good idea of where Jazz is, because he was calling out land descriptions as he fell.

The pod dropped like a rock, drifting only a few meters from the drop zone. Unfortunately, that means you're a few clicks from that, too. The good news is, you didn't see any activity in the area, and you got a good look at the pirate's hideout. It looks like they're locked up for the night, preparing for bad weather.

What do your surroundings look like once you've got your bearings, Kelb?
  • How do you describe surroundings in a nightmarish blizzard that rarely stops at night?

Really white?

There's a cave near Jazz, I order him there, thankful that Jaina is down here to set up comms. I'm going to hump it to Jazz, then we can meet up with Pem and Burr.

I'm going to use my jetpack to speed this along, even though by the time we hit these pirates, I may be dangerously low on fuel. Better we don't lose the element of surprise than any other factor.
  • When you reconnect with your team in spite of a hostile environment, roll+hard. On a 10+, you reconnect with them no problem. On a 7-9, choose 1. On a miss, choose 3. You can pick the same option more than once, and you can be the subject of your choices.
    • Name a person in your group who suffers 1-harm AP.
    • Name a person in your group who could not be found.
    • Name a person in your group who is unable to fight.
  • Reconnecting with team:
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 6, 2. Total: 11)
  • Jazz meets you half way between your position and his — seems he was ready to go the second he hit the ground. He seems in decent enough shape to boot. You find the pod about two feet under the snow. Pem was already out, with Mr. Burr, they're setting up the shelter. Jazz is more than eager to help out.

"Fancy meeting you here," Pem jokes, "mind giving us a hand?"
  • "Sure, Pem!" I say cheerily. I like missions, I love being out here in the wide world. Its better than being cooped up on a ship. Luckily, my gear is keeping me warm.

We throw in on the shelter, helping with the frame, and setting up the heater. I pull off my helmet, gloves and chestplate once we're inside, nobody in their right mind sleeps in their armor. "Does anyone need to check over their gear, or need a bedtime story? I can tuck you in, boys."
  • You get to work building the shelter, and receive word from Squall that the Hawk touched down at the extraction point. Everyone is eager to get to sleep, but Jazz jokes, "can you tell me the one about the saucy Togruta again?" Pem and Burr both laugh. You can practically hear Squall groan over the comm.

After whatever chatter you feel like holding, you get a good, restful sleep. What time do you wake up in the morning. Who was the first one up and ready to go? Who was the last?
  • We wake an hour before the sun rises. This gives us all time to evacuate our bowels, then make the trek to the ship before the pirates have woken.

I am the first one up. I will set the example. Mr. Burr is the last one up. I want his eyes fresh and ready. there is no shame in it. He has earned this in past battles. Plus, he drools when he sleeps, and it's sort of cute.
  • Burr wakes up, and is feeling a little groggy from the cold. He readies himself, and helps tear down the shelter. By the time you're ready to move, the winds are starting to die down, and the weather is starting to give. You can see false dawn on the horizon.

Mr. Burr splits off from you as you approach a ridge overlooking the pirate's hideout. You can see a massive tunnel structure overlooking the fields to the south, with big, metal gates. There are several other smaller doors on the East and west sides. Security is light at this time of day.

What do you do?
  • I have my powered binocs out, checking the situation out. I have on my big hick blue jacket with the fur lined hood over top of my armor. I love this jacket!

From this vantage point, I'm going to Read the Situation
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 6. Total: 12)
  • • where’s my best way in?
    • what should I be on the lookout for?
    • what happened here recently?
  • Your best way in is by far the East entrance. You see that the place is hardly guarded, and if you can time your assault right with the wind, nobody would even notice you've breached the perimeter until you start firing shots. What happened here most recently is the bell for the changing of the guards, and you should be on the lookout for more rested replacements to the lazy, night shift.

Jazz is already itching to go, "I've got kill number one lined up, Kelb... Just give me the word."

Pem gives you the thumbs up just as you hear, Mr. Burr on the radio. "I'm freezing my leathery hide off up here, but I'm in position. Three people outbound from the East entrance. Two inbound for it."

What do you do?
  • "Let's take the East entrance. Mr. Burr, play Overwatch. Jazz, take your shot, time it with the wind to mask the blaster fire. Pem, you're our back-up, like at the mine, except this time I'm goign to help fight the Wookiee." I'm going to run ahead of Pem, let Jazz take first kill.

"Squall, keep us in contact."
  • Jazz pulls the trigger almost as soon as the words leave your lips — like he knew you were going to say it. A second later, you hear him whisper, "got him. Lining up number 2." Pem stands, and follows you out onto the battlefield.

Why don't you give me an Assault roll on the base?
  • Assaulting the base
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 3, 3. Total: 9)
  • I'll use Mr. Burrs bond to make that a 10

Options:
    • suffer little harm
    • inflict terrible harm
    • impress, dismay or frighten your enemy
  • edited December 2013
    OOC: Your crew will suffer 3-harm before armor from the gang, -1harm for suffer little harm — after 1-armor, that means they suffer 2-harm before armor, and your crew has a serious injury, and a few minor injuries. You, at 2-armor, suffer 1-harm total. In the mean time, you dish out terrible harm, which is 4-harm, minus your size difference, means they suffer 3-harm. They have a few deaths, many serious injuries, and a few not-so serious injuries. The captain was not fighting with them.

There are three main rooms in the Pirate's complex: The southern hangar bay, with their busted down CR-90, and a few a-wings. They are all heavily modified with more blaster cannons than are strictly required. There are 5 people working on various things in there. They are all armed.

Approximately 15 people are in the larger crew quarters, (which is just a short jaunt down the hall from where you entered In the east), divided into many smaller rooms with about 4 bunks per room, and the Captain's quarters up top. All of the rooms in the crew quarters have windows, and Mr. Burr is facing them all. Rarrak the Red was up in his quarters when the attack hit, and has not come out yet.

The last room, the base's core systems (shields, life support, hydroponics, etc), has a north-side door which was more heavily guarded. That is where people are heading out to do the change of the guard. You expect another 10 people will be in there once they figure out they're under attack.

So some questions for you:
    • How did you manage to avoid getting shot when sweeping the crew's quarters?
    • What did you do in the bay that really put the hurt on them?
    • Other than being Mandolorians, what did you do that scared the poodoo out of them?
    • Who got hit bad?
    • What did Mr. Burr do that really gave you the advantage?
  • edited October 2014
    • How did you manage to avoid getting shot when sweeping the crew's quarters?
    That was surprisingly easy. I used my vibro-blade for up close action. That way I could move room to room without blaster fire alerting them. It's grisly work, but hey, that's the business.

• What did you do in the bay that really put the hurt on them?
    Knowing that they're going to be on us soon, when Jazz, Pem and I hit the bay, I laid down some fire on one of their fuel canisters. This caused an explosion that rocked the place and set off the alarms. It should mask us for a bit longer, too.

• Other than being Mandolorians, what did you do that scared the poodoo out of them?
    Well, this is one for the skull by the way, Jazz got a little voice modulator, had Squall wire it to his mask, and I swear, he sounded like a Wampa. It was the perfect way to flush those Rodians out of the ducts so we could shoot them down.

• Who got hit bad?
    • What did Mr. Burr do that really gave you the advantage?

That's actually two in one. Mr. Burr lined up his shots like a wizard. He knocked down twice as many as Jazz and I did, raining hell down on them. It was masterful, a true thing of beauty. Evidently, he was locked in, though, not looking out for himself. I didn't have Squall spotting for him, a bad move, but our resources are too limited. Someone up top got a bead on him. I'm not sure how bad off he is, but he's dropped out of comm traffic, he's not replying to me right now.
  • Jazz has been antsy since Mr. Burr fell off the comm... There are maybe five people still able to fight, including Rarrak the Red — who you can hear barking orders to his men from down in the crew quarters. Jazz pats you on the shoulder, "I'm going out to find Burr."

Pem interrupts, "I need covering fire so I can flank that kriffing rug! Kelb, let's finish this!"

Jazz isn't listening to Pem. He won't listen to him. Unless you order him to stay, he's gone.
  • My heart goes with him, but we're here to finish the job. Victory first, "Jazz, stay here, I need you here! Pem, watch your six."

"Squall," I call over the comms, no need to keep it to a narrow band, "Mr. Burr is down, I need you to move the ship up to his location, we will evac from that point." If we're lucky, we may all fly out of here on A-Wings.

Back to the team, "Pem, slide up. We've got your back. Let's lure Rarrak out and finish this. I'm thinking whoever takes down that rug kisses Taungy. C'mon you lifetakers and heartbreakers!"
  • How are you going to lure him out, Kelb? Are you looking to maneuver into a beneficial firing position?
  • He's a Wookiee. I'm going to talk trash to him while Pem is moving into a beneficial firing position.

"Hey fuzzball!" I call as I move out of cover, just enough to seem like an easy target. "Is this the best you got? I gotta tell ya, this place was hardly worth the effort!"
  • Act Under Fire to perform the maneuver without tipping them off.
  • AUF
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 8)

(+1 XP)
  • Rarrak takes the bait like it's the only food he's seen in days, and blaster bolts come pouring out of the hall towards you. It continues for a while until you hear Pem whisper, "I'm in position," and he jumps out from cover to take our Rarrak before he can cause any more damage.

You hear Rarrak scream in pain, and the barrage of bolts eases up on your end. Unfortunately, it looks like Rarrak took the hit rather well. He barrels past you, throwing crates out of the way like they're balloons at a party. When he clears the hall, he spots you, and Jazz. Who did he hit before you could put him down? You, or Jazz?
  • I tried to take him down, but Jazz really wanted the kill. I guess he just had to kiss Taungy. He stepped in Rarrak's way, and hamstrung him, but he took some punishment for it. His chestplate looks in bad shape.
  • Rarrak goes down in a flurry of blows, and Jazz is breathing heavy on the ground, cursing at his kriffed up chestplate... That's going to be expensive to fix. You hear Pem cursing over the radio already, "He was mine damn it!" There are a few more bolts that come flying down the hall, and then silence. The place is yours.

A few minutes later, you hear Squall on the radio, "Kelb? Uh... You could get out here. Burr needs help, bad."
  • "Pem, double-tap these suckers. Jazz, let's hop in one of those A-Wings and get out to Mr. Burr!" I'm running for their little hangar.
  • Pem is happy to comply. Jazz shakes his head one last time, and slowly rises to his feet to follow you out. The fire in the bay has spread pretty far. The Corvette was pretty messed up when you first showed up, but now it's completely kriffed. It looks like the pirates just got back from a rather brutal raid... There are a couple A-wings in decent enough shape to fly. Jazz gets in one, and manages to get it off the ground.

He does not look happy about Mr. Burr being down. When you finally get out to Burr, he's crawled a good hundred meters from his position on the ridge back towards extraction. Squall is there with him, and Jaina is back with the ship, keeping it running about 500 meters away in the snow dunes below your position.

Burr is blacking out from the cold, and bleeding severely from his wounds. He's not conscious. Squall doesn't know what to do...

What do you do?
  • I check him. Blaster scoring on his armor, some of his cybernetic bits are slagged, shrapnel from something else. They rained down murder on him! I've got my kit, I'm going to waste both stock to try and do what I can. All the bacta I can use. It might be a good death for him, but if I can get him back, I will!
  • Two stock spent
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 5. Total: 11)
  • Well Kelb, at one point or another you jab him with that narcostab, and his eyes shoot open again. He grabs you by your armor bats your arm away. Evidently he thinks this is his time... He knows the score if he survives this — his cybernetics kriffed, and his chances of recovery to 100% nearly nil.

Act Under Fire to do the job in spite of his wishes.
  • I won't. I won't do it.

If he thinks it's his time, then it is. I'm not that selfish. I won't hold him from this. He saved my life with all that he did covering us. Four against how many? Twenty or thirty? He took down half of them, easy.

"It's a good death." I say loud, for everyone to hear. "Mr. Pollux Burr, you die a warrior!" I stand up, looking at Jazz, he better follow me. He just... he better.

I make my face stony, and I start the chant:
    "We are Dha Werda Verda.
    We are Mando'ade.
    Strength. Courage. Honor. Tenacity."

I look up to Squall, giving her a chance to join us as we all say, "Victory."

Then, an idea hits. The bacta should have taken the edge off the pain. "Squall! Get me Taungy NOW!" I drop to my knees beside him, "You wanna kiss the old skull, one more time, Mr. Burr? You know you earned it." My voice breaks, I want to keep it full of respect, but this man... I can't not break a little.
  • edited December 2013
    OOC: Keep your stock.

Jazz hesitates a moment when you announce Burr's death... It looks like he might not a minute, as he was holding open your medkit. He does though... Stand, that is. You all stand there, and chant — Squall does join in when you say Victory. Then, she bolts for the ship.

There is a pregnant pause as you wait — a haunting silence. Pem doesn't say anything for a change — opting to show his respect in a different way. Jazz stares at you blankly, the wind and snow blowing his hair around. He doesn't say anything either.

Squall returns some time later with the Taungy, and hands it to you. She made it just in time, it seems.

What do you do?
  • I'm still on my knees, I've pulled his head up to my lap, looking in his good eye. I want to cry a little. I want to smile, too, because I'm proud of him. This is what he wants. It's what I want. I don't get what's up with Jazz, what's wrong with him?

When Squall hands me Taungy, I bring it to Mr. Burr's lips. He's barely able to press them together. "Pollux Burr!" I call to him as strong as I can. "You die with honor! This day will live in stories for as long as I have breath, Pollux Burr! Your deeds are legend!" Then I bend over to kiss his cold forehead. I don't even know if he's still with us. I ease the man off my lap, grab his blaster from his holster and put it in his hand.

That done, I stand. I'm freezing. But I will not let that stop me from giving him his last respects. I hope Squall is crying. I realize, in that moment, it's why I need her. I need someone who will cry for us. I look at Jazz, trying to get what's up with him.
  • Reading Jazz
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 6. Total: 12)
  • What's Jazz really feeling?

Holding 2
  • edited December 2013
    Squall is crying. I'm sure it must hurt given the blistering wind... Pem is even looking away now. Probably all he can do to stay strong himself.

Your kiss is the last thing Mr. Burr ever knew. Not the pain from years of fighting hard battles, or the burning sting of Hoth's cold snow. He died a warrior, and you gave him that. He might have fought many more battles if Jazz had made it to him in time — maybe even died in them... But he fell here, and he died victorious. It's all someone in his line of work could hope for, really...

If your kiss is how a man like Mr. Burr goes out — then that's a life well lived, and a life worth following.

These are the things that are running through Jazz's mind as he stares at you, holding the Taungy by his fallen squadmate.
  • How can I get Jazz to turn this into a strength and stop blaming himself for what was meant to be, accept Burr earned his death here?
  • Jazz basically does now. If he was guaranteed he could go out the way Burr did, that would be strength enough for him. The reward, specifically, is what will convince him.
  • I almost fear the answer to this, but I saw it.

What does Jazz wish I would do?
  • Jazz wishes that one day, after a hard life and many victorious battles, you would respect him as you did Mr. Burr.

He craves that warrior's funeral like nothing else — but he is not ready to die yet, as he doesn't believe he's earned it.
  • We each take a memento, a treasure from Mr. Burr, something to carry with us, or lose along the way. I take his rifle. It will be handed down to the next on our team. It is the tool of a craftsman. No other will be worthy, but it is a thing made to be used, even if in inferior hands. I saw what Pem took, material-loving as he is. Squall retrieved a small piece of his tech, I'm sure she wants to re-purpose it, to pretend a piece of him is still with us. I watch to see what Jazz takes from him. It's important.

We rarely get this opportunity when one of ours falls. I'm putting my helmet back on, Pem is headed into the Hawk, Squall is already back inside. Not Jazz, he is the last to leave Burr before I pour the accelerant and burn his body. What did Jazz take from Mr. Burr, I wonder.
  • Jazz took something else from Mr. Burr — something immaterial. He took a holo of a tattoo on Mr. Burr's chest. A variant of the Mando'ade Taungy with some added flair surrounding it. He already has a Tattoo of the Taungy on his chest, but that flair is something Mr. Burr was very proud of — it was a status symbol that he earned with blood. It is something the new generation of Mandolorians don't practice anymore.

It was obviously something Jazz took very seriously. Did Mr. Burr tell you the story about how he earned it?
  • He didn't. But he must have told Jazz. I look forward to asking him about it. I think it will help Jazz to share it.

I light Burr's corpse on fire and watch it for a moment, standing near the remaining members of my team. Once he is burning bright, we head into the Hawk, then I ask Jaina to take us back to the pirate den. We need to strip this place down, there's got to be enough salvage to more than pay for our trouble.

That's a lie. No amount of creds will pay for what we lost today.
  • There is some, yes. Most of the weapons and ships here are so jury-rigged they could never be sold for anything more than scrap — and flying them long distances? Out of the question. The flames will consume this place soon enough, and you'll be left with the smoldering ruins.

Salvage 1-cred for your personal cut.

What's the plan for leaving this place, Kelb?
  • Same as before, leaving it a smoking ruin. I assume Pem takes some of the Wookiee's pelt, I let the fire claim this place, and leave the bodies where they fell. Then we take off in The Hawk and call this mission done.

I need a drink.
  • == END SCENE ==