[Snowpocalypse] Dice the Chopper

edited February 2014 in Snowpocalypse
I'm Dice, a Man, with showy biker wear, a weathered face, scorched eyes, and a sturdy body.

Cool: +1
Hard: +2
Hot: +1
Sharp: 0
Weird: -1

I am a PACK ALPHA:
When you try to impose your will on your gang, roll+hard.
On a 10+, all 3.
On a 7-9, choose 1:
ƒƒ
they do what you want
ƒƒ they don’t fight back over it
ƒƒ you don’t have to make an example of one of them

On a miss, someone in your gang makes a dedicated bid to replace you for Alpha.

My crew are also a bunch of FUCKING THIEVES:
When you have your gang search their pockets and saddlebags for something, roll+hard.
It has to be something small enough to fit.
On a 10+, one of you happens to have just the thing, or close enough.
On a 7-9, one of you happens to have something pretty close, unless what you’re looking for is hi-tech, in which case no dice.
On a miss, one of you used to have just the thing, but it turns out that some asswipe stole it from you.

If we share the warmth of a cozy yurt together, you immediate change your sheet to say +3 with me (I ain't that complicated), then choose whether I get +1 or -1 with you.

My gang, the Skegs (Small, 2-Harm, 1-armor), roar around the Chicagoland area on overclocked snowmobiles not really concerned about where our next meal is coming from as long as we can go really, really fast getting there.

The Skegs are a small gang, remarkably disciplined (-savage), and relatively self-sufficient; if we need to, we can throw up a yurt out on the ice and charge the batteries by wind or solar (+Mobile).

But just like nowadays, the problem in the Permanent Lake Effect is *parts*. So we are kind of on the hook to Lemma for all the spark plugs, hybrid car batteries, and old ski-do parts she can get her hands on (+Obligation).

The sleds themselves (prepare to be mocked if you refer to it as a 'snowmobile') are +FAST, especially on a nice slick-ice straightaway, and +FLASHY, all painted like lap dancers with works of art as individual as the twitchy speed freaks who ride them. Of course, anything that fast on that unpredictable a surface is prone to +Bucking now and then; hold on tight if you don't want it to slide right out from under you when you hit an unexpected bumpy patch!

HISTORY:

Molotov: +0
Silica: -2
Hadden: +0
Lemma: -1
Ross: +2

Comments

• edited January 2014
    GEAR:

My sled isn't really gear, it's basically my legs, so I ain't counting that, right?

My personal fashion is high-tech thermal ski-do racing suits, with extra padding and big bright, helmets. They're good for 2-armor on the sleds with helmets on, 1-armor when walking around inside the Loop.

I carry a non-nonsense, German-engineered Heckler & Koch MP5k sub-machine gun (2-harm, close, area, loud) and always have an ice axe handy (as machete, 3-harm, hand, messy).

Ain't got time for extra jingle, we need PARTS.
  • edited January 2014
    hey Dice, how does this work for your gang's names to start?

Dubstep, Wonky, Chiptune, Bitpop, Bleep, Skwee, Sambass, Trap, Gabber, Terrorcore, Hardbag, Complextro, Micro, Japanoise and Neue Deutsche Harte (aka NDH aka "En Dee")
  • For what it's worth, I am a big fan of using the established AW names, but those are fine, too. Advance warning that names, in general, are kryptonite for me (it's why I like the lists I know) but I'll do my best!
  • Dice is well into his 30s, and prefers his peers over the punks with no windburn.

Dice is ruggedly handsome upper-Midwest, windburned with the color just sort of drained out of his eyes. If the world hadn't ended, he'd be a semi-pro hockey player right now, lightning-fast in his skates but with an unpredictable shot and a propensity for stupid penalties.
  • edited January 2014
    Think THIS guy, right here:

• edited January 2014
    Lucille:

My trusty sidearm:

• edited February 2014
    Dice has been thinking about it, and realized that instead of trying to figure out how people think, he should just trust his instincts about whether they're gonna fly or fight.

ADVANCE: Take a move from another playbook: TOUCHSTONE: Clear-eyed: When you read a person, roll +Hard instead of +Sharp.