[Snowpocalypse] Gathering Intel (M 1.5)

edited January 2014 in Snowpocalypse
Molotov,

After giving your message, you asked Brother Signal for some supplies, right? Barter is what he'd require. Treasures for treasures, he explained. Did you pay up, or what? What were you after, anyways?

You know Carnation likes the ladies, right? Roxy runs the brothel around these parts, you've been there before. What's it like?

Comments

• Molotov:

Of course I paid up. I had vidja disc in one of bags, rare edition of popular show called Flies on Fire or something, good quality - very little static. Is worth a barter, so I was using it to buy little belt radio and earplugs and poncho for change of clothes.

I am wearing it now, hood up, and I'm listening to the radio; the channels flick by as I turn knob, trying to find Carnation's chitter-chatter.

The freight tunnels around me are mostly dark, and mostly sleeping. You can hear shuffling of near-dead and starving at all times. I can see flickering red glow of light ahead of me - neon sign, saying, "Get Your Rox Off."

Is nice place, mostly. You pay for girl and night. She is sometimes dead-eyed, or all over the place, like maybe on ice. But, mostly good time, and Roxy pays them well. Is not her problem if they are spending jingle bad.
  • edited January 2014
    Molotov,

You sure stirred up a hornet's nest. Carnation is on the horn, rattling off coordinates, getting replies from his "search teams". They're looking for you and Ross, of course. How do you feel about sinking him with you, by the way? Carnation is pissed with a capital P, and he's got a six jingle reward for your head. Eight if you're brought back alive.

Walking into Roxy's, there's a backbeat thrumming in the tunnel in this part of the underground. There are folks around. Roxy's got some protection, as is wise. Did you ever work for her, by the way?

She's the greeter. She likes to see the clients personally, match them up with the right partner, feel them out if they're trouble. How many strangers come to Chi-town later, Molotov?

"Greets, Molly," she says in her little drawl. She has an effortless way of making each person seem interesting to her. It's a show, but it's a good show. She worked her way up from the utter dregs, you know. Docs carved her into something pretty when she made enough scratch to pay, and then she had some girls of her own to push and peddle. Now, well, she's the almighty Roxy.

Here's Roxy:

"Whatever do you need, big guy?" she asks with a pearly-toothed grin.
  • Molotov:

I've paid Ross back for Carnation and some - though he may not be knowing it yet, when the echoes of my message spread, he will be figuring it out. I take blow for Underlake, and that is apology enough.

And nyet, she has never asked for my service, or never had job big enough for my guns. Is saying I've heard do not shit where you eat. I am thinking people do not fight where they fuck, and if they do, well, these fuckers will put bullet in you for it.

Is speaking of, how many of these men are in here? And what is shape of room, is entrance to freight tunnels, but other exits? Shit. I must try to dismiss these thoughts, as I approach the mistress of bitches.

"Hello, Roxy," I say evenly, and give her bit of smile - just at edges of mouth. Is time to be little bit subtle, I am thinking. "You have ear to the waves today, da? You might be little bit surprised to see me."

I'm watching her, trying to pick apart which smile is fake and truth - is that her eyes widening in surprise? It is pity she is woman, and lying suka at heart. She has enough good qualities to be making her okay person.
  • Roxy grins, "Not so surprised. Who wouldn't want some fun before the gallows? Who do you want tonight, big guy?" She's utterly unflappable. Also, she's pretty damn sure her security will keep you safe while you're here. It's an unspoken thing - don't fuck with Roxy
  • edited January 2014
    Molotov:

I grin back at this Roxy, like white stone wall of teeth. "You. But, not for regular stuff, though maybe later," I shrug like, if you are up for it, "- first, we need to be talking. I never plan on gallows, everyone knows this about me by now. And eight is lot of barter, Rox"

I need her alone, for this 'talk' and even then, so many things will fuck up this plan I have. I am walking razor wire, here.
  • OOC: Reading Roxy. Roll+Sharp. +1XP.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 6. Total: 12)
  • To Molotov:

Roxy senses that you want to talk alone, and she walks inside. Roxy's place is an actual station, in pretty decent shape, with benches and a small cafe, a ticketing booth that serves as a peep show, and several folks with guns, many of them women, most of them attractive.

She heads into a room with "Security" in painted letters to the side of the door, and takes a seat on the plush couch. She motions for you to close the door, then pats the seat next to her.

This is her private room. It's filled with pretty pictures: some photos, some paintings. You recognize Santa Cruz in one of them, by the way. Have you ever seen this photo before?

What do you do?
  • edited January 2014
    From Molotov:

I see Santa Cruz everywhere - in statues, TV shows, and of course, my nightmares. I do not think it is really her, so I do what I always do when my past is clawing at me, I ignore it. There is reason angel on my head has face covered by tombstone. It hurts to remember.

I shut door behind me softly, and take in the room. "You are clever girl," I tell Roxy evenly, taking a seat on the other side of the desk. "So. I am wanting to know this, first, then maybe other things. How is Carnation treating your girls, recently? How is he treating you?"
  • To Molotov:

Roxy chuckles, "Carnation pays his bills. He's a regular. I am not in the middle of your thing with him, Molly. Don't fret. I'm fucking Sweden." She turns to face you, her breast rubs against your bicep ever so softly. "What do you really want, Molly? I'm listening."
  • edited January 2014
    From Molotov:

"Are you fucking with me, Roxy? Is that the truth?" I grunt, and stop moving as her breast rubs up against me. She is good looking, like, bred for fucking. I am being very careful not to lose my mind, breathing in through my nose. "And even if you were, how could I get this being Sveden to...not be? How could I get you to be taking sides in all of this?"

OOC: Spending 2 hold.
  • To Molotov:

Roxy laughs a delicious laugh, like bubbly champagne that goes straight to your head. She traces her finger along your forearm, and smiles that wide smile of hers, "Molly... I make it my business to stay in business. I only take sides when it's the winning side. And that's real damn hard to read, you know?"

She slides a leg over your knee, but remains seat beside you, just barely, "From where I stand, you're neck deep in shit. I don't think I can save you, baby. But if you want, I promise to let you go with a smile on your face." She slides over to nibble at your ear.

What do you do?
  • edited January 2014
    From Molotov:

Ah. At least it can't be said I didn't try, da? I slide my gun out from under the poncho, and press it against her ribcage as she's having my ear for brunch. I grab her neck as I talk, "This is high-powered magnum, silenced. It will be making soft thud, which is small sound for what it is meaning - you are fucked. I am sorry, Roxy. I am in deep shit. So here's what I need you to do..."

And I continue to talk, assuming she is smart enough to listen.
  • To Molotov:

Roxy doesn't look scared. She looks disappointed, actually. She looks down at the gun, then back up at you, "Go ahead, Molly. Tell me what you want me to do."
  • edited January 2014
    From Molotov:

I sigh through teeth, releasing her neck which is pointless to be holding right now, but keeping magnum pressed firm. This Roxy is tough girl. And again, twice this night, I am reminded of Santa Cruz. A hint of disappointment is in my voice too, when I continue, "Is more than biznes, this Carnation is making things personal. You are only place he goes, without twenty fucking boys, so because of this...I need you to let him know I'm here."

So I take an earplug out, put it in her ear (one for each of us, da?) and tune the radio - I had spent all night looking for Carnation's chitter-chatter and was sure I had gang's channel. I'm ready to press trigger, and looking in her pretty face, "You tell them I came in for fuck, was tied up naked. You want barter, here. Tonight."

I shake the little radio up near her face, and she is knowing now I will be winning side, or I am dead.
  • Alright, Molotov, let's see you Go Aggro here.
  • OOC: Going Aggro. Roll+Hard. +1XP.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 6, 5. Total: 14)
  • To Molotov:

Roxy says flatly, "I will set this up for you, Molly. But I choose the room. That way I can avoid getting my people shot to hell. Give me that, and I'll back your play with three of mine. Or, you can just murder me right here and now." She's ready for death, she's faced it before. You can tell she will help, do what you say, if you give her this one thing, to make sure her people aren't caught in the crossfire.

What do you do?
  • edited January 2014
    From Molotov:

I pull the gun away from her ribs, staring her down for sake of it. I'm tense, and while little blocks of plan are falling together, all it takes is one slip and they are all going tumbling down like little egg-man. "Okay. You give me three men and keep the girls safe. But when this is all being over, Rox, I'll be making sure you are not regretting this. Free security. Barter till you are drowning. This I promise on Molotov name."

Still, there's a thrill in my chest, like, da motherfucker, this is my day to shine and now I'm standing, checking over my guns to make sure there's ammo and the barrels are clear. With a glance up to her, I shrug, and add conversationally, "I suppose is too late for that smile on my face?" Who knows, can't blame a guy for trying, da?
  • To Molotov,

Roxy's smile evaporates as she mentally thinks through the set-up. She furrows her brows and then pats your arm, decision made. "Tell you what, big guy. You take down Carnation without putting my house at risk and I will rock your world."

She waits for you to click the trigger, then gives a very convincing call to Carnation, telling him you're "indisposed" and that she slipped you a mickey. She is very clear that she wants all eight jingle and also very clear that he can't come in guns blazing, that he has to trust her word on this. The whole time, she's looking right at you, lying to him with incredible skill.

Then, after some silence as Carnation must be thinking it over, or talking to some of his closest family, he comes back with, "I'm on my way."

What do you do?
  • edited January 2014
    From Molotov:

CLICK. "Okay," I say, nodding and putting the little radio away. I keep an earplug in, but I doubt Carnation is going to be filling the waves - he has other things on his mind. "You feeling good about this, Rox?"

I nod to the door and stand there, waiting for her to lead the way, hands hidden beneath the poncho; my right hand is wrapped around my magnum, because when is it not?

OOC: Spending 1 hold.
  • To Molotov:

Roxy rises, smooth as silk, unperturbed and practiced grace. She brushes against your arm, again, then moves past. She walks purposefully without losing any of the strut in her pace and replies, "I should be worried about this shoestring plan of yours, Molly. But I've spent too much of my life in dangerous situations to actually be afraid. In fact..." She slows a step to look up at you with a sexy little smile, "Life's gotten a little safe lately."

The train station isn't overly large. Different cars stand alone on the tracks and clients head to the "entertainers", or they spend time in the transit where girls and boys dance on the poles and entice the audience. Roxy calls over a couple of big thugs, they might be cousins. She calls them Tailfish and Tailpress. She also brings over a girl with dark hair and dark slits for eyes who sneers at you, her name is Trespass.

Announcing to the three, Roxy says clearly, "You three are going to keep Molotov here alive, despite what I say to Carnation. Don't let any of our happy family get hurt, either. Be smart, be deadly. No prisoners, no quarter. Any questions?"

They have no questions.

Where did Roxy set you up for this, Molotov? How do you arrange this trap?
  • edited January 2014
    This is station:

This is car:

From Molotov:

Now, this is a woman. I am no longer sure if I'm in this for Carnation's head, or waiting for my world to be rocked by Roxy's. She's arranged this like was agreed, to be keeping her family safe.

So we're in the last car, and there's an empty gap two-cars deep between us and anybody who is off-limits. I am next to door, against wall, like fucking ghost I am so quiet. Tailfish and Tailpress at far end, and... Trespass is, well, wearing my poncho.

Okay, so is little embarrassing, but other two men are not my size, and she is told to put head down and cover up. Is looking a lot like me, da? Urgh. Maybe, is everyone in this car being shot and my being so sneaky is not coming out. Still, is little bit shameful.

Anyway. Tailfish and Tailpress, the two boys, are standing there with guns out, like they are my captors and Trespass is me. I am waiting for Carnation to walk through, then we are having little talk, da?
  • To Molotov:

Let's take this to a new scene. Please go here.