[ESC] Good Morning, Raleigh

2»

Comments

• Jenni smirks, "No, I don't. You don't get to drive hardly ever, you're the opposite of careless. Plus, the car's fully insured."

She pulls into a space a couple blocks from The Plaza. "Glad I wore my heels." She turns off the car and gets out. The walk is brisk, the night is warm.

Any conversation on the way of import?
  • I've never actually been in the Plaza, so this will be a first for me. Conversation is light, mostly about how nice the weather is tonight. I stick my hands in my pocket and casually stroll with Jenni into the lobby.
  • Jenni pleasantly talks about the weather, mentions the comparative weather in Colombia, talks about the Canucks, too. She makes good small talk, of course.

The lobby of the Plaza is enormous, filled with nice classical music and people in suits. It's a salesman hotel, used for expense reports and to make hard workers feel appreciated. After a brief scan of the bar, you find Beatriz sitting at a table with Luke, both of them drinking and talking.

Beatriz looks up first, "Well, hello!" She rises smoothly to cross over to hug and kiss each of you, then stands nearer to you, Raleigh.
  • The four of you make small-talk. It seems Luke was nursing a pint (or two) before a call with a company in Manila. Beatriz kisses him goodbye, then the three of you head out to Jenni's hybrid. Jenni already slipped you the key, of course, so you slip behind the wheel and Jenni hops in the back. Beatriz makes a show of sitting in the back, but Jenni politely insists.

"Where to, Raleigh?" Beatriz offers. She has a warm smile on her lips, nowhere near drunk from her drinking earlier. She's dressed in a black dress and nice holo-earrings that sparkle and dance subtly. Her make-up is very subtle, you notice. She smells like vanilla.
  • Oh my... Well, the greeting in the lobby was unexpected, and I suddenly feel slightly underdressed — but whatever. I return Beatriz' greeting, and shake Luke's hand on the way out to the car. After the faux-disagreement about who should sit where, I slip into the driver's seat, buckle up, and head off for Mizu. "We've got a reservation at a restaurant down on the Harbor, and then I figured we could hit up a VR concert or something. A friend of mine is putting on a show tonight, and it should be a good time."
  • "A VR concert?" Beatriz asks with interest. "We'll be fully immersed in the world, sight and sound?"

"Fully," Jenni assures.

"This sounds... interesting." Beatriz remarks.

--END SCENE--