[Big Maul] Custom Move Ideas and WhatNot

edited April 2014 in Big Maul
If you've got ideas for custom moves for The Breeze and the Big Maul, post them here. Go crazy, have fun!

But ONLY post after you've finished your character.

Comments

• Thoughts on The Breeze:

Niko said:

The Breeze is somewhat resisted via a roll+Weird. How about something like:
    10+ Resist, MC pick 2
    7-9 Resist, MC pick 1

· You don't take -1 Forward (this stacks)
    · You don't take 1Harm AP
    · Another option I can't think of. Maybe, you don't pass out. The penalty and harm are from cramping muscles and nose bleeds.

---

AsIf said:

Well, "Open your brain" is a +Weird roll that "succeeds" in freakyhoohah. I think we're looking at something more nuanced, along the lines of...

Roll +Weird to try and ride it, interpret it, or utilize it (this mirrors "open your brain").
    Roll +Hard to try and resist it, fight it, delay it (this mirrors "act under fire")

Meanwhile, the whole syndrome should proceed on a countdown clock. Here's a first pass at a "breeze-clock":

1-3 distraction, inability to concentrate, irritation
    4-6 minor twitching, trembling or fumbling
    7-9 significant twitching, probably shouldn't drive
    10 noticeable but discontinuous muscle contortions
    11 continuous muscle contortions
    12 you're a walker
  • WPTunes said:

When you HERD CATS, roll +Cool. On a 10+, choose 3. On a 7-9, choose 1.
    * You totally don't come off as an asshole.
    * You get them all heading the same direction, for now.
    * You don't get distracted by the effort.
    * Take +1 forward to your next attempt to herd the same cats.
    * Kittens! I love kittens!
  • edited April 2014
    I found this in a thread at barfforth and thought something like this might be applicable here...?

When you do your circus thing, choose one other PC, then describe your act in detail (pulling a rad stunt for the Daredevil, making an introduction for the Ringmaster, etc). Even if the actual in-character action only lasts a few seconds, please oh please chew the scenery. Then, your chosen PC and the MC simultaneously vote thumbs-up or thumbs-down (depending on whether they think your audience will like your act). Both thumbs up - you're high on good vibes from the crowd, take +1 forward! One up, one down - you're a little distracted today, give +1 Hx (or -1) to the PC who voted for you. Both down - it's a tough crowd, take -2 on your roll, but mark experience for pushing through.

Some other interesting food for thought there too:
    http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=6605.0

Of course, I'm tying Jet's shows directly to his monthly income, and his payment of rent is a NPC-related requirement for his story. So maybe Jet's circus move would have a monetary aspect to it? I'm thinking it may be kinda like the Hardholder or Hocus' beginning-of-session moves where they get their money for that session? Except for Jet it happens once per month.