Let's get this game moving a little! Here's a space for you guys to discuss your Hx, and a little bit about what this world looks like. It sounds like you guys are interested in living in a small area outside a megacity. A small village or something. That's cool.
Ritualistic text: Your job as players is to play your characters as though they were real people, in whatever circumstances they find themselves — cool, competent, dangerous people, but real.
My job as an MC is to treat your characters as though they were real people too, and act as though Apocalypse World were real.
Some points to remember:
• Your characters don't have to be friends, but they do have to know each other, and they should basically be allies. They might become enemies, but they shouldn't start out that way.
• Your characters are unique. There are other fuckers with big guns, and some people may even call them a "Gunlugger", but Rue is the Gunlugger. The same goes for the rest of you.
• Some of you get to choose armor. 1-armor can be just about anything — a leather coat, a bulletproof vest, etc — but 2-armor is serious fucking shit. We're talking Riot gear, and platemail — it may be made from a car, but it's the real McCoy. If you're wearing 2-armor, you're walking around in a real fucking armor.
• Some of you start with oddments of barter — is this a currency you all use, or are we working on a real barter system?
• I'm not out to get you. I could easily say, "an earthquake happens. You all suffer 10-harm AP and die," but I won't... Unless I have to. :P
Some questions to start:
Cinch, You've got two vehicles you call your own. Where do you store them? How do you get fuel for them?
Rue, Even a professional killer needs a place to hang their hat. Where do you hang yours?
Robinson, You fix shit for a living, and you've got a workspace you call your own. What's it like? What have you got in it?
Thirds, it sounds to me like you've got a bird's eye view of the city. You've made a living out of navigating and scavenging the ruins. It's obvious why this group needs you, but why do you need them?
Clarity, so we know that you're rooting for the return of the ancient civilization. How do you go about preserving the little bits that you've found?
All, what do we use for barter?
Ritualistic text: Everyone introduces their characters by name, look and outlook. Take your turn, answer any questions I may have asked. List the other characters’ names. On your turn, name the other characters, listing off your Hx.