[Junk XIII] Stuck Outside (K 2-2, S 2-2)

edited October 2013 in Junkworld XIII
It's a couple hours after the "altercation at Trench Gate". Rinso is up on the truck, finishing up the last load of the crates with the two of you. Svenja is sitting on top of Caroline. Both of them have smirks on their faces, Rinso is laughing.

"I still can't believe you decked him," Rinso says with a chuckle, "I mean, Stitch, you know Kiddo is supposed to be the wild one."

"Told ya, Rinnie. They're thick as thieves." Svenja says with a drek-eating grin.

Rinso finishes adjusting the straps to the crate, "Well, Kodak didn't put all his eggs in one basket. We should have enough petrol to make it to the next stop, no problem. Trench is full of a bunch of prickly folks anyways, I wouldn't worry about it."

"I dunno if it's all five by five, though," Svenja says. "Weren't you gonna re-up on your med supplies, Stitch?"

Rinso claps his hands together a dumb habit he picked up to show he's all done with something, "C'mon, y'all. I got an hour before Venger here is off watch and will want to head to the party tent. Let's go check on VB, yeah?" He hops off the truck with you, both, looking at your face, Kiddo, "Is your lip alright, Kiddo?"

What do you do?

Comments

• I would feel guilty for messing with Kodak's plan, but when Ivory went to hit Kiddo, I just went crazy. I'm not usually a violent person, really, but the way he yelled at her... I think I surprised everyone when I stood in between the two and decked Ivory.

"Yeah, I was." I reply. Not that I could afford refilling the whole thing. I... I'm kinda done with this place, anyway. It's weird and insular and might be safe, but I doubt whether that safety is worth the price. Also, I'm relieved I won't have to meet Spanx.

"You know what might help with the lip, Kiddo?" I ask, with a smile on my face. "Some more of that Sin drink. Doc's orders." I laugh.
  • Svenja says, "One hour till I get off. The Imma GET OFF! Y'all save some Sin fer me. Cuz I'm plannin on some sinnin!"

Rinso says, "Venger, c'mon now. With us getting booted, we need to stay sharp. I'm not drinkin, ok? Just checkin on Chedd and Vee, that's all." Svenja crinkles her brows in disbelief, but then she shrugs, because it looks like Rinso is genuine. He puts a hand on your left shoulder, Stitch, and your right one, Kiddo, "C'mon ladies, let's go."

When you head back into Chedd's Party Tent, the noise has grown considerably louder, the crowd has grown a bit wilder, too. It seems that this might be the hopping place where citizens come to let their hair down. Its easy to pick them out against the grungy travelers here. There are a number of teens and young adults, all mixed together in a swirling mass of barely covered, mostly clean, but sweaty bodies, all moving and dancing to this song, an ancient song that still seems to get the crowd pumping.

Chedd and Twizzlers are still at their booth, surrounded by four well dressed men and a couple women. They're all doing lines and laughing. VB isn't with them, though. A scan of the crowd and you see her sitting at the bar, sort of half laying on it, with Trix chatting her up.

What do you do?
  • I want a stiff drink- after the shit that went down with Ivory, who wouldn't- but I sit down at the bar and settle for whatever passes for beer. I don't really like losing control of myself and having done it once today, I'm going to just lay low and follow Rinso's lead.

My thoughts all circle back to Metro. I laugh at myself for feeling like a lovesick teenager, but in truth it's very nice to feel something in the scarred wreckage of my heart- even if he's a robot and can't have feelings for me.
  • VB is sitting a couple stools to your right. She's on the stool with her butt, but the rest of her is laying forward on the bar, her head turned to the side, facing you. She looks blissed the frak out, her eyes glazed, face slack except for a little grin.
    Trix comes over to lean forward and yell near your ear, "Whatcha want, green eyes?" She smiles prettily, but it feels like its for show.

Rinso is walking over to VB, Kiddo's somewhere behind you, yeah?
  • "Beer." I answer her, while in my head it goes something like 'A sexy robot man exploring every inch of my body.'

I sigh. I wonder who the well dressed folks are, but mostly out of curiosity. Is Kiddo dancing? Guess she got some more Sin. I laugh.
  • In all my frakking years, doing all the shit I've done, never did I think a doctor would be picking a fight for me. Ever. I dunno what she was thinking, taking on those assholes on my count... I mean, I probably shouldn't have egged them on, but whatever...

... Heh heh. Crazy bitch. I like her!

Anyway, I sidle up next to Rinso on the way over to Ched's. "It's not so bad, sweetie. Ivory punches like a girl. I'll get Vee to throw some lipstick on it when we get back to the trucks, and it'll be like nothing happened." Well... It might swell up a bit for a couple days — but hey, maybe Rinso's into the big puckery lips! And I wear brawl injuries like a badge of frakking honor!

Did I ever show you the scar I got fighting this bitch who thought I should "let Rinso make up his own mind" about who he should date? Heh. That's how I got the line on my eyebrow. Bitch split it open. She's missing more than her fair share of teeth though, so I'm not sure it was a fair trade on her end. She shoulda listened. She was dumber than a sack of shit, anyway. Rinso deserves better than a dumbass bitch like that.

I mean, he deserves better than me too — but better than her by a long shot.

I follow the group into Ched's, and grab some more Sin by the bar. Hey — doctor's orders, yeah? I find myself nodding along to the beat... Ok, may I was swaying to it... It's kinda hard not to, yeah? And this Sin stuff really gets you feeling it. I look over to Vee, and spot her blissed out. Frak... Looks like Rinny's carrying her home tonight. I walk over to him, and give him a kiss on the cheek. "Get her out of here, yeah sweetie? I don't want none of these assholes taking advantage of her..."

Then I grab his ass, and send him on his way. ... Y'know — for good measure.

Doc looks like she needs to get laid. A brawl will do that to you — wind you up, and leave you stressed if you can't get that pent up energy out. I walk up next to her, and smile. "That was bad ass back there, Doc! Where'd you learn to throw a punch like that?"
  • edited November 2013
    Rinso nods, heads over to VB, leans down and talks into her ear. She giggles and lazily swats at him, then shakes her head no. Rinso glances back at both of you, rolls his eyes, then stands up and hauls VB up like she was a stuffed animal, holding her like a baby in his big arms. For a moment, she seems like she'll fight him, but then she just gives in, lays her head on his chest, right along the tribal tat. He walks by you two, and says, "Have a good night, ladies. Be careful, some sidewinders in here." Then he carries lil VB out of the joint.

Oh and by the way, if getting laid is your thing, this does not look like it would be a challenge. For either of you, at judging from the looks you're getting from a few dancers, like the guy with the green rooster mohawk wearing tripps, or a couple of those folks dressed all fancy chatting with Chedd and Twizzlers.

Stitch, there's a guy over at a table, looks just like an old buddy of yours, someone from med school. Who does he look like?

Kiddo, you've left a few folks in your wake here before, right? Who, besides Medley, are you hoping might show up here tonight?
  • Oh hey, Kiddo, what was that bitch who thought Rinso should make up his own mind? Inquiring minds want to know!
  • Omo. I have no frakking idea how that bitch survived as long as she did out of the pods — but she did. Some folks are so entitled — I guess they can convince other folks to believe 'em. I've never believed shit like that.

Anyway, I really hope Trojan's here. He's kind of a frak-up in his parent's eyes (hence the name); but he's clever as hell, and really down to earth.
  • I laugh at Kiddo's question. "Somebody taught me." I reply. Taught me by using me as a punching bag...

It's odd but now that I know it's been a hundred years, it's not the sore spot it once was. Ethan is dead. Even if he manages to still be alive somehow he'd be light years away. It gives me a measure of peace, to think that.

I wave at Rinso as he leaves. "What's a sidewinder?" I ask Kiddo quietly.

The guy sitting at a table looks just like Liam- one of my friends from med school. We did our residency at the same hospital.
  • Kiddo,

Sure enough, you spot Trojan. He's over by the dance floor with a few citizens, hard to miss him since he's a head taller than anyone else.

He sees you seeing him, and gives a smile and a wave, holds up a finger as if to say hey, I'll get to you in a few, yeah? Oh and by the way, he's dealing glass, you think. How hard is that drek?

Stitch,

That Liam-looking guy, he looks like a traveler. He's wearing a revolver and a loose cotton shirt that shows off a wicked scar across his shoulder. Actually looks like a surgery scar.

Both of you,

The music has switched to a bumpy grind with whispery lyrics, sounds like this. Seems like a local fave, people are whooping it up when it comes on, some folks singing along, a few extra hit the dance floor.
  • edited October 2013
    I lean closer to Stitch, revealing the ancient secret of the sidewinder — "After the missile," I point to some poor schmuck on the dance floor, who's quite evidently pitching a tent in his overly tight jeans. "Folks who get frakked up on Glitter, and will do whatever it takes to get laid. You gotta watch out for 'em, 'cause Glitter's a weird ride... It's not dangerous on its own; but with enough of it in the right mix, it'll make you do some pretty frakked up things... Like frak inanimate objects."

That looks frakking painful... Why would you wear pants that tight, then take glitter? That's just stupid! Glitter's not really my bag... I mean — y'know, folks experiment, and all that; but dad was really against that crap. He was big into the natural side of love.

Glass on the other hand... Well, I'd say that shit's pretty hard. I mean, if you take too much your lungs start bleeding — so I'd say that's pretty frakking hard, yeah? I'm kinda surprised they even let that shit anywhere near Trench! It's like the harder older brother of powder. It makes you see things, and hear things. If the atmosphere is right, it's a wicked trip — but in busy places like this, it'd be a nightmare... Like, hardcore. Folks get flashbacks on that shit... It scares the crap out of me.

I take a sip of my drink — taking it much slower this time, so I can keep my wits about me. "So you found anyone since you landed that gets you all tingly?" I nudge her, "I saw you chatting up that fella at the bar back in Salt."
  • I nearly choke on my beer as Kiddo explains. That's a very apt name...

"Yeah. Metro and I hit it off. He, ah... guessed my secret, so we got to talking about old times. It was nice." I answer. "What about you? Getting pretty friendly with Rinso tonight. What's going on there?" I nudge her right back.

I can't help looking over at not-Liam a few times- he catches me doing it, too. That scar looks good- neatly sewn up and everything. I wonder what happened to him.
  • "That guy who ran construction on the tower? Huh. Never would have figured him for one of your folks... I guess some folks just up and surprise you." I guess I have been getting pretty close to Rinny... Maybe. We've been pretty busy working though, so it's not like we have a chance to do a lot of that. I shrug. "Apparently we're together. I was a bit messed up about what happened back in Salt, and he was there for me... Again. Rinso's always there for me." I take another sip, "That and he fraks like a stallion." I giggle, and put a corrective hand on Stitch's forearm, "not that I'd know anything about that. A girl's gotta draw the line somewhere!"

Frakking hell, that man. I may be smiling again — contentedly — but remembering that night inevitably leads back to the Valley, and that frakked up Witch of a woman wandering the hell that was Sector10. "Y'know," I look back at her, "I got a few serious questions for you later on — medical stuff — after we relax a bit." I look over to Ched. I know he wants to chat later, and I'd imagine he wants to wrap up with those folks over there first.

I stand up and grab Stitch's hand, tugging at her to come out with me on the dance floor. "C'mon. Let's relax!"
  • I consider politely declining, but I doubt Kiddo's gonna take no for an answer. I'm intrigued by the medical questions comment, but I suppose she'll either ask them when she's ready or she won't.

I go out onto the dance floor- taking care to avoid the sidewinder- and move around in a reserved kinda way. I never was much of a dancer, so it's gonna take some of that Sin to get me really moving, but I have fun.
  • The pair of you hit the dance floor, which, oddly enough, is a parquet wood floor, scuffed from long use, but still functional. The crowd opens up a space for you to enter, and swallows you whole.

The music slides into a groove with this, followed by this. Then, a bit of this! The groove is heavily electronic, with deep bass hits and crunchy mixes. With repetitive lyrics and beats, it's the perfect music for losing yourself.

After a bit, Trojan joins the pair of you. He towers over you, one of the tallest guys in the room. He grooves up on you Kiddo, nothing pushy, but yeah, he likes to dance close. You don't mind that, right? He is harmless.

Why don't we try a cool custom move someone suggested.

When you dance with someone, roll +HX. On a 10+ choose 2. On a 7-9 choose 1.
    • Take +1HX with them
    • You learn something new about that person, that person decides what they spill to you
    • You really relax and have a great time; take +1Forward

But of course, all good things come to an end at some point, right? You leave the dance floor, glowing a bit, a bit winded maybe. Trojan follows you off, invites you over to a table where he orders some drinks. He introduces himself to you, Stitch, "Hey there, I'm Trojan, like the warriors!" He smiles a goofy smile and adds, "Nice to meet you. You look so rad!"

Then he pats your thigh, Kiddo, "Gods, so good to see you! How have you been? I saw Vee and Rinnie, they look good. How's the family"
  • OOC: Dancing with Stitch. Roll+HX (at Hx+1)
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 6. Total: 11)
  • edited October 2013
    OOC:SWEET!

As tense as Stitch was out there, I tried my best to help her relax, you know? She works hard, and I wanna see her chill like she did back at Salt. Even though she's been kinda quiet, we've kinda got this thing going on, yeah? I feel like I'm starting to get a feel for who that chick is that fell into our lives. OOC: Take +1Hx with Stitch.

Literally!

That, and I was completely shocked by what Stitch let slip... OOC: You learn something new about that person. Spill it Stitch!

Anyway, back to the moment. Sure Trojan — like the warriors. That's not what your younger brother said... I give him a kiss on the cheek, and walk over to the table with him. "I'm good. I've been busy looking after what's left of the family, so I haven't been around much... How about you? I see you've got a business set up for yourself..." There's no way he's making that Glass on his own — I'm being polite.

What? It happens!
  • Trojan makes a face when you say "what's left of the family", but he's not the kind to pry, so he lets it go. On the business front, he leans back in his chair and smiles, then says, "Aw, you know me, Kiddo. I'm just slingin. Clorox has been cookin up some stuff and while it aint technically against the rules to sell it in town, he slides it out here to me to move to keep things clean for the 'zens. Easy enough work, as long as I don't get rolled." The whole time he's talking, he keeps glancing at you, Stitch.

Then finally, he throws his hands up, "Hey! Green eyes! Are you the one who decked out Ivory? Whoah, man! That's the talk o' the tent, yo! Wish I'd been there to see that!" He slap-pats your arm with the back of his hand, Kiddo, "Kiddo, were you there? What was it like?" He grins and starts pantomiming as he describes different ways to KO Ivory, "Was she all, HIYAH style, or did she like, make a kissy face, then BLAH-DOW, backhand or what? C'mon, y'all, gimmie the deets!"
  • OOC: Dance with Kiddo. Roll+sharp (professional compassion).
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 11)
  • "Last time I did that I broke the dude's face..." I bragged to Kiddo while we were dancing. I cringe immediately, not meaning to brag about breaking Ethan's face... "He hit first." I explain, barely above a whisper.

When I told her that, she told me something about herself... OOC: you learn something new about that person, spill it, Kiddo!

I really relax and have a great time. I take +1Forward.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Stitch." I say to Trojan as we sit down. "Thanks?" I let him and Kiddo catch up while I sit and relax, looking around the tent, kinda zoning out.

When Trojan asks about Ivory, the scene flashes before my eyes. The dude was getting in Kiddo's face and before I knew it I was in between them, swinging my elbow into his temple. I'd done it before, to another man... Maybe those instincts never go away. I rub my elbow.
  • Abuse is tough, yeah? A lot of women I know in the Flats don't have the balls to stand up for themselves when a man starts beating on them. If Rinso were a douchebag, he could easily frak me the hell up — but I wouldn't let him try without a fight. I only needed to learn that lesson once. I put a supportive hand on her shoulder.

A bit later, we're dancing, and sharing these deep personal stories... "So I really hope things work out between Hump and Topps... My line of work tends to get folks killed, and he's just safer off the road, yeah?" I couldn't abandon him; but it wouldn't be abandonment if he started his own family, yeah? "We kinda got left behind by our folks a year ago, so splitting like this is hard — especially since I'm getting leads on where my parents headed a year ago. If folks weren't relying on me, I'd be gone for the north shore by now..."

But folks are relying on me, yeah? Anyway... Back to the moment.

"It was more like a sucker punch, if not for the fact that Stitch here warned the bastard. I think Ivy'll be missing a few teeth after that one!" I giggle a bit, and mimic the mean right-hook Stitch delivered, via FedEx you might say, to Ivory's ugly-ass face. "As if the folks in town don't just come down here and get loaded anyway, yeah? What's the deal with Ivory getting a position? Are the Zealots in charge up in Trench now?"
  • edited October 2013
    Trojan shrugs, "Zealots are assholes... but they're dependable assholes. Geico screwed the pooch letting in some diseased frakkers, killed a dozen folks. Ivory and his clean freaks got things sterilized up. His uncle runs the clinic now. Whatcha gonna do?"

He pulls out a small sealed baggie of glass, tosses it on the table, "You two wanna hit?" Stitch, you see these little crystals, all blue and green like the rocks at the bottom of an aquarium. How do you imagine someone "does" glass?

Trix comes over, like in a rush, and plops into the seat you'd reserved for VB. "Heya! Kids! Greenie! Tro-Tro, whazzit goin?"
    Reminder of Trix's look:

She pauses for a second, then adds in, " You chickie dees digz my Sin? Sin for the win, yesss?"
  • Whatcha gunna do is right. Whatever... Ivory can sit and spin on his little town, for all I care. I turn down the hit of glass. "I need my wits about me, thanks." Then Trix comes over, with that frakked up hairdo and makeup... Seriously! Who spends that much time putting on warpaint?

"Hey Trix. Where'd you learn to make this Sin stuff? It's frakking powerful!"
  • Trix smiles wide, you just made her night. "I been zzzperimentin. You know, thizz and that. Pops huntz da rattlerzz, you know, an they're alwayz round, zo I juzz milked that bitch, an threw it in dere! hahahaha" Her laugh is a raspy cackle, half for show, half due to the various failed experiments she's imbibed. Trojan laughs with her, the two are friendly, though they've never hooked up.

Kiddo, looks like Chedd might have freed himself up. There's a new guy tending bar, which is how Trix ended up here at your table. Chedd's at the bar, he looks over at you, gives you the nod.

• I smile and put a hand on the table as I get up. "'scuse me a second folks. I'll be right back!" I'm heading for the bar.
  • I'm not really sure how you'd 'do' glass. Put it in your mouth and suck on it? "No, thanks." I reply to Trojan.

It's getting pretty loud in here, I'm thinking about going back to the caravan. Trix is... odd.
  • Kiddo,

At the bar, Chedd buys you a drink, then he sort of slides up to talk into your ear. He's playing drunk, like he's close-talking and his hand is around you, but this is Chedd. "Your dad and mom, they were here, like I said. Zero was all worried about your dad, he was coughing up blood, really sick. They went to see the doc in town, his name's Lever. He's Ivory's grandfather. Nice guy, for a Zealot. When they came out, Zee... well, she was crying, Kiddo. Never seen it before. Your dad was sick with cancer. They said they had to get something done up north before they came back to get you and Hump. I guess something happened, honey. They never came back down." He kisses your temple, and adds, "I'm sorry, honey. I'm so sorry."
  • I'm speechless... Just frakking dumbfounded.

It's been a frakking year. Three junkfalls! Three! What the frak could they possibly be doing that would take a frakking year to get done? I'm not going to cry... I can't cry! My parents would never do this to me! They would... They couldn't! They can't, gods damn it!

Dad told me about his home as a kid once — it was up north in the shell of an old spaceship. If they're going anywhere, it's gotta be there. After whatever family is left up there. What I don't get, is why he didn't ride down to get us! Or send a runner after us! We could have rode out after him! Cannibals of the Sulfur Flows be damned!

I suddenly don't feel very good... "Ched... I need to talk to that doctor, but I can't get into the city. I need to make that happen."

I slap the little bit of savings I have down on the bar — it's a sizable bag of aluminum scrap I've been saving for a rainy day... "I need to talk to him."

OOC: In case it's not clear: I'm dropping barter to speed something along, if you agree it's righteous. I think an audience with someone is something you could achieve that way. Should I roll?
  • Chedd hesitates before he even reaches for it. The bartender glances at it, and he shoots them a warning glance, they move on. He finally grabs it, puts it away, "I am not taking your jingle, punkin. I will use it to get you an audience, if there's any way in hell I can. I'm so sorry. Your family means so much to me, you know that." There's a catch in his voice at that, almost enough to make you break. But you don't, do you?

Mark off the barter and make your roll.
  • OOC: Dropping barter to speed something on its way. Roll+Barter Spent.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 3, 5. Total: 9)
  • edited October 2013
    My face is stone cold. Ched's always been good to us... I can never repay him for what he's done for us today. I lean over and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll be by my trucks," I whisper shakily as I put a hand on his forearm, "don't you ever hesitate to call anybody but me if you need something done, Ched. You're like family to us."

OOC: I just noticed I have 2-barter, rather than just 1. Kiddo would spend the extra jingle to get the job done, so that's a 10.
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

Oh hell, you know that gets you a warm hug from Chedd. He's even misted up, he's not used to trusting folks, but he does you. He most certainly does you. As you leave the bar, he's already making his way out the back. He's going to try like hell to make this work right the frak now. Tonight.

As you're heading for the door... or more like tent flap out, a dark-skinned female with a hoodie steps in your way. She's near the dance floor, maybe someone coming off it? Anyways, I imagine you just sidestep, but she sidesteps in your way again. Then she reaches to take your arm, and looks up to meet your eyes.

It's Medley.

She gives you a smirk, takes your arm, and tries to pull you into a spot where the tent flaps have created a small closet-sized shadow.

What do you do?
  • I don't I'd trust anyone to get the job done in this camp more than I trust Ched. If anyone knows how to weasel their way into that town, and bring out a doctor, it'd be him.

I'm half way out the door, not paying much attention to what's going on when Medley grabs me, and pulls me off to the side. If it were anyone else, I wouldn't even consider stopping, but I'm completely shocked to see her staring me in the face. "Wha ... Medley?" I whisper, following her into the shadow, "What the frak are you doing here?"
  • edited October 2013
    Kiddo,

Medley pulls you into a fierce hug, you end up asking your question in her ear. She smells like jasmine. She speaks in her breathy, bouncy tone, "Gods, Kiddo! I thought it was a lie, but it was not! I'm so joyous you are here!" She pulls back, hovering right in your face, her eyes bright. She stares into your eyes, but then she notes your dismay, "Kiddo, what is wrong? Why are you sad?"
  • Frakking hell... The whole place will know about my parents if I keep this up. I take a deep cleansing breath, and shake my head. "Nothing... Just heard some bad news about my parents. How have you been? I hear you're married now?"
  • Medley breaks eye contact and looks at your chin. She nods softly, but says, "He doesn't know I am here. Father said you are leaving tomorrow morning. I am yours tonight... if you want me." She looks up at you again, hopeful. Eager.
  • I see Kiddo talking to Chedd and I make a quick exit when Trojan and Trix aren't looking. I'm tired from the driving and it's just too loud and too full of strangers in here.
  • Stitch, Head over here.
  • My head cocks in interest, all on its frakking own, and I bite my lip in hesitation. Want isn't the question here... I'm barely a week into this thing with Rinso, and already I'm being tempted. See, this is why I'm doomed to frak Rinso up! I can't help myself when a hot girl comes along and offers herself to me!

"The whole night, huh?" Holy frak that's a tempting offer! "See, the thing is, I'm kinda with somebody..." I look her over, all but drooling at the mouth... She's been keeping herself in good frakking shape. And that perfume... Frak. I love jasmine! "Come with me."

Where's Rinso?
  • Kiddo,

Rinso's been gone, he took VB off to the trucks. He didn't come back, he's got watch after Svenja.

Medley giggles nervously and nods, pulling her hood back over her head, "Anywhere you want, Kiddo. Anything. Gods, I've missed you!"
  • I smile back at her, and keep my head low. I guess if Rinso's off by the trucks, then I'll take her there.
  • Kiddo,

Medley practically spoons with you as you walk, she's trying to walk almost on you, turning her head in the hood to hide it, but talking into your ear, "Oh Kiddo, it has been so long. I've dreamed of you, honest dreams. Very intense, very wonderful. The things... the things you did to me. He does not. Will not. Ever. I miss your touch, I miss every part of you. Where are we going?"

Rinso is up on Caroline, sitting up top where it's damn cold, but he has vantage over the camp, the tents and the other two trucks. You can walk right up to him if you want. It's chilly tonight. See your breath cold.

What do you do?
  • Gods woman! Save some for later! I stop when we reach the trucks, and reach up to put my hands on her cheeks. I give her a kiss — short, but passionate — "Wait here, sweetie. Let's see if we can't find you a piece of heaven, yeah?"

Then I slowly climb up onto Caroline, and sidle up next to Rinso. I'm smiling up at him with my best feminine whiles. "Hey Rinny," Frak it's cold up here! "so... I ran into an old friend of mine, and she's really missed me... And I was just wondering if you could find it in your heart to let me show her a good time?" I'm running my fingers down his cheek, and batting my eyelashes. This would be a frakton easier if it weren't so frakking cold! "I'd invite you along if you weren't on duty... But I swear I'll make it up to you!"
  • Kiddo,

Medley pours herself into the kiss, doubling your passion. You actually end up pushing her away slightly, and she gives you a pouty lip.

When you climb up to see him, Rinso looked happy to see you. Well, until the kiss. He saw the girl, but then you laid one on her, and now you're up here, but you want to go with her, and...

So yeah, he sighs a little when you come up. He listens, even closes his eyes for a second when you touch his cheek.

Alright, give me a manipulate on that. I mean, it could technically be a seduce, but well, hrm... same die roll. You tell me what it is.
  • I'm seducing him. Bigtime. Of course, he could always say no... I know how this looks, but I could have not asked! See? I care about his feelings!
    OOC: Seduce Rinso. Roll+hot. +1XP rolling highlighted!
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 6, 2. Total: 9)
  • Rinso looks down towards Medley, then back up at you. He recognizes her! He quirks a quick frown, then says, "Well, you said you had urges, and I agreed to that. So I sure as drek can't say no, can I?"

He huffs an exasperated sigh, and says, "Fine, Kiddo. Go have your fun. But you know... maybe I have urges, too. Just keep that in mind."
  • I have to think on that a moment... Rinso has urges... Like, "manly man-bear men" type urges? 'Cause he's never said that before... Like other women? I pull him back to look at me, and give him a kiss — just as hot, and passionate as the one I gave Medley. "Rinny, baby, go ahead. I promise you I won't be mad, so long as you keep it out of work!" I smile, and brush his crew-cut head. Then I lean in and whisper in his ear, "I'll be wishing you were with us the whole time."

I really don't get why folks are so hung up about this sex thing... I mean, it's just sex! It's not like I love Medley or anything! I give Rinso a peck on the cheek and cheerily hop down to rejoin Medley.

"C'mon sweetie! Let's go find somewhere private!" Y'know, I've had jasmine tea before... A girl's gotta wonder...
  • Alright, Kiddo. You've got your hot little number with you, and even permission to do what you want.

"Where are we going, Kiddo?" she asks while rubbing your back.

Your tent is big, but well, it's Ivory's tent. Very dicey if you don't wanna get caught. Chedd might know of a place... but oh no, he went off to run an errand for you. Maybe Trojan can help?

Or you can just sneak her into the small area where VB is sleeping and have your fun there.
  • I so don't want Trojan finding out about this; and I'm not so cruel as to subject Vee to the moaning and groaning that is about to ensue if she wakes up — so I'll just have to take my chances with the tent. What are the odds the old perverted bastard comes looking for me in the middle of night? Medley asks where we're going, "to Dreamland, sweetie!"

We'll be quick! I swear! She'll be gone before sunrise, and everyone will be sated. I guide Medley into my tent, and pull her into a warm embrace — immediately tearing her clothes off, and going for the prize. Mmmm... This is going to be so good!
  • Medley giggles when you pull her into your section of tent. She melts into your arms, returning kisses as fiercely as you're giving them. You unzip her hoodie, and start to pull up the slinky shirt she's wearing underneath, when she puts a sudden hand up, stopping you. She says in a whisper with sudden seriousness, "Kiddo... my father was very upset when I told him I was in love with you. I am showing you this, but do not let it ruin tonight." She takes the shirt with her own hands and pulls it up, over a large brand, high on her stomach, between her breasts. It isn't even and it isn't attractive. Its a Zealot symbol for "the unclean". She continues taking off her shirt, and you have a moment to see it there before she has the shirt over her head and is back looking at you. When she does, she looks at you with a little worry.

What do you do?
  • Something in the back of my mind slaps me into attention when she says she loves me... Of course she does... Damn it... I don't really have time to react though before she lifts her shirt and reveals that branding her weak ass excuse of a father hit her with.

That frakking asshole. Mark my words: I'm gunna kill him. I really, and truly am. How could he treat Medley like some piece of meat? She's not something to mark as unclean because of what she loves! My eyes narrow, and I bite my lip... I stand there a minute after she reveals herself, looking her in the eyes while I slowly take my clothes off, setting my gun and pack to the side. Once we're both naked, I walk over to her slowly and pull her into an embrace.

I play with her exquisitely clean hair, and look longingly into her eyes. "I'll worry about that tomorrow — but for now," I run my fingers gently down her neck, "let's enjoy the time we have."
  • edited October 2013
    Her eyes dance happily at your acceptance and she melts into your embrace. As always, she is yours to play with, eager like a puppy, still hungry to follow your lead, to impress you and please you.

Afterwards, and I assume you make sure both of you are sated, which takes quite a while, she pushes you farther than she ever has before, like she knows this might be the last time in a long while, maybe ever.

Covered in a warm afterglow in the wee hours, she's lying on your chest, murmuring, "I am so delighted by you, Kiddo. I wish that you could gobble me up, eat me whole, and carry me away in your adorably trim belly." Then she laughs a tired laugh and slowly drifts into sleep.

Go head and fire your Sex Move.
  • Grant me strength. This woman may be the death of me... Holy frak that was amazing... I don't answer her when she mentions wanting to run away — not with words anyway. I look down on her, resting on my breasts, and smile.

I can't help but wonder...
    • Who handled this last before me?
    • What was said nearby this most recently?
    • What is wrong with this, and how can I fix this?
  • His name is Zest, the man who last handled Medley. He is much older than her, her husband. He bought his way into the Zealots and he bought Medley off of Ivory. He manhandles her and has no thought to her desires. She is an object to him.

Most recently, Ivory was complaining about you to her. She dressed his wound, put ice on his bruise and slipped some of her sedatives that she uses to sleep into his tea before she snuck out here to see you.

What's wrong with Medley? She lets her father push her around, tell her what to do, and she'll do it, she does it. Sure, she came out here for you, but that's one night. Tomorrow, she's right back in his clutches. And if he figures out what she did, he'll punish her worse this time. She knows it. But she'll go through it, even though she can't imagine what it will be. And the thing is... if you kill him, she's perfectly okay with that. Because then, she's yours. All yours, and she will follow you to the end of the earth. And she cannot care for herself, not a bit. And by killing him, you're telling her she doesn't have to. Like a young child, which she still is in some ways, she'll be convinced you love her and will take care of her and she just has to beg and whine until you give her what she needs. Oh, she's good in the sack, but you've never dealt with the whole package.

How do you fix it? Hell... how do you make her grow up? Definitely do not whisk her away, do not solve her problems for her, do not kill her father in the rage he may or may not deserve. If you want her to speak up for herself, you're going to have to tell her to stand up to him, tell her that you don't respect her as she is. You need to sell her on the value of the freedom you enjoy.

And yeah, it's not gonna be easy.
  • That there is a lot to think about... See, I most definitely don't love Medley. Sure she's a great frak, but she isn't worth the trouble of dragging around — especially when you put it like that. I may just maim her dad... Let her do the actual killing. Or maybe I just let her make her own choices... Nothing was stopping her from standing up to her father before.

I'm gunna let her sleep a while – an hour maybe, not long – then wake her up. At that point, I've already gotten dressed. "Wake up sweetie," I whisper without tenderness, "your free ride's done. Either go tell your old man to frak off, or go home... Your choice."
  • edited October 2013
    She gives you a pouty face, whines a tad while dressing, Tries to get you to come back to bed with her, just like you expected. Then she goes outside with you, hoodie up, ready to sneak back...

Oh look, standing right outside the trucks, looking for you, it's Chedd and Medley's great grandfather, Lever. The guy is ancient. He is wrinkled and bent, but there's a clarity in his eyes. He looks at you, then his great grand-daughter.

She lets out a squeak of surprise, and you think a tiny whimper, but he says in a still strong baritone, "Little flower, what a surprise to see you here! I am happy to walk with you outside... but first I must speak with this young lady. Will you entertain my good friend Chedd while I speak with Kid-do?" Medley nods, stunned, walks over to Chedd obediently.

What do you do?
  • edited October 2013
    I'm a bit skeptical at first of what's going on between Lever and Medley; but if Lever came with Ched, then he must be the man I'm supposed to see. I walk up to him, and smile. "A little birdie told me you've seen my parents," I whisper, then lean in closer, "maybe in a worse way than one usually wants to see people... Please sir... I'm looking for them."

I reach into my pack and pull out my old mp3 player. It's got a picture of my parents a few months before they left for the Valley on it. "Ched tells me you diagnosed my father with cancer... Do you have any idea where he went? Or how long he had to live?" I show him the picture.
  • Lever looks at you with sympathetic eyes when you ask for your parents. He looks with you at the picture and squints to see. After a moment, he nods, "Yes. Oliver and... Zero. I remember now, they did mention you. And you had a brother, too."

He reaches up a hand to your shoulder. You can tell he's spent a lifetime comforting others, giving them bad news as gently as possible, and it never got easy for him. "Kid-do, your father had cancer in his left lung. He smoked for how long? It was too much. You understand? The whole lung needed to be removed. More than I'm equipped to handle. When he arrived, he had some tears in his throat from coughing. I gave him some medicine for that. Eased up the cough, but that was just a symptom. He needed an operation, or he was terminal."

For a moment, Lever just looks at you, like he's unsure if he should tell you something. He sees the pain, the desperation in your eyes. "Kid-do, I told your mother there was a doctor up north named Caress. She's amazing. I know, because I trained her. And, she's working out of the Ascendant hold, that ship that crash a few Junkfalls ago. She'd sent word back that the infirmary ws nearly intact. Your father didn't want to go, Kid-do, but she was not listening to him."

Kiddo, what have you heard about the madman who took over that place? Why would Lever warn your parents about going to the only place that could save Oliver's life?
  • They went to the Ascendant? This day just keeps getting worse...

The Ascendant is run by a guy named Branigans. Nobody really figured him for much back when he was living in Sector — just some drugged up frakker who had a tendency to get what he wanted way too often. He ran with this biker gang run by a girl named Nesbitts — we call her Nezzy for short — or at least we thought she ran it...

Branigans is a mindfrakker. I've heard that he holds court frakked up on whatever cocktail of drugs he's invented, and sits there in a stupor — completely motionless — speaking directly into his people's minds. I've heard other rumors that he's had women strung up on his shit for days, to the point where they'd starve themselves to death, because they wouldn't sleep with him. Dad would never go there, because he knows what Branigans did to Nezzy... He would never let Ma' risk dealing with that sick frakker.

In spite of all this, I feel tears stream down my cheeks, and my lips curl upwards into a smile. I wrap my arms around Lever, and sob quietly into his shoulder. "Thank you! Oh thank you!"

There's still hope... After all this time, there's still hope.
  • Kiddo,

You wrap your arms around Levers thin frame and he chuckles a raspy laugh. "Well... that was worth waking up for, Chedd." He puts a hand on your back and pats your gently, you can feel how his skin sags on his bones.

Then you release him, and he says, "Good night, Kid-do. And good luck." He turns to Medley, leads her off into the night.

Chedd waits around, "Kiddo, you should head in. There's been some trouble, I guess, uhhh, I guess maybe you and Medley missed it? But Sapphire gave someone in town a necktie."
  • It's so weird how nice Lever is... It's tough to imagine how Ivory and Medley are related to him. I walk over to Ched immediately after Lever leaves. Sapphire gave someone a necktie? ... Oh frak...

"Who was it?" I ask quietly.
  • Chedd reflexively looks around, even though its the dead of night and nobody else is here but you two. "It was Paxo. Remember him? The Council's lickspittle? Well, he wormed his way into Spanx's cold heart, was her favorite. Evidently, he ratted out someone from Council to her, and Sapphire was her answer." He licks his lips, "Do NOT ask me who, ok?" He looks nervous, sweat beading on his forehead.
  • The Council's still around and kicking? Holy frak! I'm surprised anyone would take them in anymore, after what happened in the Valley... They aren't exactly well liked anymore.

I smile and give him a hug. While in the embrace, I peck his cheek and whisper, "are you in trouble, Ched?"
  • He smirks an impish grin, "Always, doll. Always." He hugs you back with a squeeze and says, "I'll be alright, I have some friends. On lots of sides. You just worry about your crew, and finding your parents."

Chedd pauses, for dramatic effect, then looks up on top of Caroline at Rinso, "Of course, if you ever want to lend him to me... that would be just fine." He chuckles a bit, then heads back to his party tent.
  • Well, you never know... What with his secret urges and all that.

You know, I feel really bad putting Rinso on the spot like that... I climb up onto the truck, and take a seat next to Rinso — leaving the choice of whether to cuddle or not up to him. "Hey, hot stuff."
  • Rinso lets you sit by him. Small as you are, you're warm. He's not. He sort of rolls his eyes, "Hey." His body language is a little closed, but he's not trying to seem angry. The tension in his neck, though. Dead giveaway.
  • edited October 2013
    ... Well, this isn't a good start, Kiddo. I suppose the least I can do is keep him warm... I scoot over closer to him, but don't bother leaning on him... I don't want to make things worse, or pretend like everything's OK. I get it.

"I'm not here to defend myself, Rinny. Or rub anything in." I mean... Unless he wants me to rub something in. I wait a while, trying to think of the right way to disarm the situation. I mean — I feel really shitty that I hurt him like that, so quickly. I'm also a little confused about how I feel ... I just learned my parents may very well be alive up North, and my first instinct was to come here and try to make Rinso better because I frakked an old fling. "So... I'm sorry..."

There... See? I'm not frakking heartless... Frakking Medley, messing with me...
  • Rinso looks off into the night, not making eye contact. When you officially apologize, he closes his eyes, just sits there for a moment. Then, without opening them, he says, "You told me this was the way it would be, Kiddo. I agreed to it."

Then his eyes are open, looking at you, "And frak, Medley is hot. So, you know, I get it... its just..." He frowns with trying to express himself, "Watching you flirt and sleep around was easy when I hadn't been one of them. Like I could just sit back and wish, and say, 'You know, Rinso, she doesn't know what she's missin. Why, one night with you and you'd be all she needs. You're just what she's lookin for!'"

He breathes out of his nose, shakes his head, "But that was a lie I told myself. And I've been sitting up here pissed off for a couple hours. And it isn't you. It's me. I'm pissed at myself, for that stupid frakkin lie."
  • I don't know what to say to that. I'm looking up at the big guy, completely dumbfounded, and I can't believe he'd even think that he's the one who frakked up here... I'm the one that frakked up.

"Rinny," I put my hand on his arm, brushing it with care, "what makes you think I could live without you?"
  • He relaxes a bit, huffs a wry laugh, "It'd be tough. Since I carry half of your drek." He wraps an arm around you and hugs you a little, a sideways hug. "It was just easier, you know, loving you from afar. That's all I'm saying."

He turns his head to look at you for a long moment. Then, "Truth is hard."
  • edited October 2013
    See? What'd I tell you? I told you I'd frak him up. Frak, we barely made it a week before he realized just how stupid I am. Kiddo the Slut — the hard-to-love frak up extraordinaire. It hurts hearing Rinny say that outloud — but what can I do? It's like he said: truth is hard.

I hang my head, a bit disappointed that I'd make Rinso hurt so quickly... I didn't know it would bother him this much. I love women — that's not an itch Rinny can scratch for me. — but Rinny scratches an itch no other person can scratch for me, and it sure as shit is an itch that goes beyond carrying half my shit...

"You know you're more than that to me Rinny," I look up at him, concerned, "you remember back at my Dad's first commune, after that big ass fight in Sector happened, where you snuck in to get away from the fighting? Do you remember what you said after my Dad told me you'd look after me?" I sure frakking hope so. "'Cause I do... I remember the scared little boy, who was just as shaky as I was, telling me everything was going to be alright — because you were gunna protect me."

I put my hand on his cheek, "you were there for me, when my Ma' couldn't be. You were there for me when my Ma' got sick, and when Vicky died, and when Kodak was a complete ass to me, and when my Parents left, and through all this shit." I stop and take a breath, "You're with me. Supporting me. Carrying half of my shit." I smirk, "if loving me is hard, then don't do it... I want you to be happy, sweetie, and I want it to come easy to you."
  • You see it in his eyes, of course he remembers. He still has his arm around you when you finish, he squeezes you once. He huffs a single laugh and replies, "Kiddo. The really good things, they don't come easy. If they did, I probably wouldn't appreciate them, you know?"

He moves his hand from your shoulder up to the side of your head, and very gently pushes your head towards his and kisses your cheek, then says low in your ear, "Funny thing is... when I was little, workin at Firestone, scrubbin all that trash, every day. Those chems would burn my whole hands, fingertips to wrists, make them itch for hours after shift. And I cried myself to sleep some nights with no food in my belly. And now... now the worst thing I have to bitch about is the hottest girl I know, that I just happen to be frakkin, asking me if its ok if she goes off to frak the maybe second or third hottest girl I've ever seen. And all the while, she's telling me that if I weren't stuck up here guarding someone else's drek, that I'd be down there with them.... well, that's not really so bad now. Is it?"
  • I pout through his story about his time at Firestone... I know he was miserable there. Everyone who worked for them was miserable there. I know he's trying to deflect how he feels — pin it as something that he shouldn't be bothered about... But I know a thing or two about those feelings. It used to bother me like crazy when Ma' would head out to do something dangerous. Dad felt that way too... It's not healthy.

I give him a sympathetic look before kissing him gently. "Well, it probably won't be happening with her ever again... But the good news is, you top the charts on the male side of the spectrum, sweetie." I grin widely, and slide my hand up the inside of his leg, "I don't mind sharing... So long as you remember who needs you most." I tease him with a short kiss, and giggle playfully, then tease him with another kiss.

That's enough for now though... He is on duty after all. I giggle a bit longer, and get comfy under his arm — wrapping my right arm around the small of his back. "Gods, I can't wait for this damn job to be over... Lever and Ched both told me they saw Ma' and Dad come through here! Lever said he sent them up towards the Ascendant for medical help... Rinny, when this job's over, we gotta go get Hump and b-line it for that rusty bucket of bolts!"
  • You snuggle into Rinso and he smiles, genuinely, chuckles when you nip at him, squeezes you. And it feels like a weight is lifted, right? I mean, he seems to let it go.

When you tell him about the Ascendant and your parents, he listens close, intently, nodding. But his eyes show some worry. "The Ascendant? Frak, Kiddo, that's no bueno. Branigans runs that joint, and he's a serious mindfrakker, as bad as Pallor ever was, worse than Ziploc even."

"But we're totally going." He agrees.

He works his way back to the relationship eventually, though. Sort of like he just thought of it, "So, uhm, I'm top of the charts on the male spectrum? Can we make that, you know, official? Is that okay? No more boys for Kiddo kind of thing? And well, sure, I'll give in, too. No boys for Rinso, either. That cool?" He adds a hopeful smile.
  • Frakking Ziploc... Good riddance to bad blood. I squeeze him a little tighter when he agrees to go out to the Ascendant with me. See? This is why Rinso's top of the chart! I roll my eyes playfully and look up at him with a knowing smirk when he circles back to the relationship...

Exclusivity... I don't mind doing it with men, for Rinso, but it makes things a little complicated when it comes to business... I like messing with folks, and the flirting really helps me get leverage sometimes... I purse my lips, and squint hard at him. "You don't have to give up boys sweetie, so long as I get to watch. You don't even have to give up girls!" I sigh, "but... well... If it means that much to you, I guess I could."

This is going to bite me in the ass...
  • Rinso chuckles at the giving up boys. Gives you a you-got-me-there twinkle in his eye. He nods, like he's happy that he scored a win here. "Flash, Kiddo." He kisses your cheek and squeezes you again. "Business is business, but when it comes down to it, just you and me." Then he adds quieter, "And you and... you know, other girls."

He squeezes you one good last time, then says, "Get some sleep, Kiddo."

I assume you don't fight him on that? He adds with a smile, "And maybe next town up, I'll get Svenja to take a night shift, so we can have some time? What's the next town, anyways?"
  • Kiddo,

Oh and by the way, you hear some muffled screaming below you. Rinso hears it, too. "Sounds like Stitch's section. She had that girl."

If you want to join that scene, go here.
  • I shrug at the other girls comment, "It's like I said, Rinny, It's just sex... Medley back there found herself out on her ass 'cause she made the mistake of thinking I loved her back, and that I'd take care of her." I shudder, "I'm not her damn mother... Can you even imagine me as a Ma?" The thought of a bunch of little Rinsos running around fills my head, and I laugh loudly. Oh gods — that's a thought...

I sniffle a few times and compose myself... It is late. I should hit the hay. "Yeah, alright sweetie! Next up is Armour — that town built out of old shipping containers? It's not that far away. Maybe a day... Two at the most."

I hear the screaming coming from the tent, and look back to Rinso when he comments on "that girl" ... What girl? I hop down off the truck, and run for the tent.