[Junk XIII] In the Wound (K 2-7, S 2-7)

2»

Comments

• Jemma looks over at you after she hands over a bucket to the next guy in line, "A couple. Not like folks go looking for em. There's three different gangs of the frakkers." She claps her hands, tells the line to close up, walks over, "We'll try the closest mesa. The frakkers hafta have a place for their cars and drek, am I right?"
  • Oh, and Svenja grabs the bike and walks it over. She's grinning about this one.
  • I look a little surprised, "We? There's only room on the bike for two, Gramma... I don't wanna risk these folks on a run out to Wendy territory."
  • Jemma raises an eyebrow, "You think I'm ridin your ragedy-ass Wendy bike, kid?" She makes a pfft noise, "Who you think taught your ma how to ride? And you think I'd let my bike go? Sides, you and that girl'd just get lost out there, or hit a pack of plaguedogs... I'm goin. An that's that."

She goes over to tell Hump to stay with Topps and KellyTires, hands him Belcher and orders him to keep them safe, which seems to click for Hump. He goes from whiny protect to standing tall in a second.

Jemma jogs off to her shack, and heads round by the wood pile to pull a tarp of what looks like a bunch of junk. But no, it's a slick little rice-burner, all shiny black with skulls painted meticulously in a row down each side. She's pulling it up, sliding Snapper into a holster on the side and walking it over towards you.

Svenja whispers, "You fuckin serious, Kiddo? We're bringin yer fuckin granma? Let's just go."
  • I dunno why I even bothered... Gramma's gunna do whatever she wants, and it ain't like she's some pushover. I look over to Svenja and smile, "You wanna ride off, you go right ahead – but make sure she doesn't catch ya, yeah? Gramma's got a mean right hook."

I'm getting on the bike while I wait for her. This should be fun!
  • Svenja shakes her head, "Only place ever my granma went with us.. was church on Sundays. This here, this is a fuckin trip."

Jemma throws a leg over her bike when she gets up to you, kickstarts her rice-burner and revs it. It has a satisfyingly deep rumble, smoother than the shrill engine of your "loaner".

The pair of bikes ride off into the night. Jemma takes the lead.

I think this calls for a custom move.

When you ride out into the night looking for someone, roll +Sharp
    On a hit, choose options. 7-9, choose one. 10+ choose two.
    * You avoid notice by someone or something else's notice
    * You find who you're looking for
    * You find something altogether unexpected, MC's choice

• OOC: Looking for Stitch. Roll+Sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 4. Total: 6)
  • Kiddo,

You rode out to the place Jemma led you, one of the Wendys camps. In the dead of night, the thre of you crept along for the last quarter mile on foot to keep from announcing yor arrival. When you got there, all you found were a couple fire pits, some food wrappers and a pile of human bones.

Jemma says, "Well, frak. Nobody's home."

Svenja squats down to look at the bones, "Hey, Grams. These bones... they look... are these fuckers cannibals?!?"

"Sometimes, yeah." Jemma answers, "When things are scarce, like now, they'll snatch folks. And Svenja, I aint yer grams. Call me Jemma." She looks to you, Kiddo, "I know of one other place they might be, but it's late. We should bed down for the night, head out in few hours."
  • I'm pacing, my fingers pinching the bridge of my nose, pissed right the frak off that I lost Stitch... What the frak are those monsters doing to her? Gods, I feel so frakking useless right now. I just wanna hop on my bike and try the next spot — not that I could frakking sneak up on those assholes and take 'em myself, or anything — but I'm frakking tired too, and we've wasted so much of the night just getting here...

"You guys take a nap. I'll take first watch..."
  • "Hell no, Kiddo. You lay down, I got first watch. You'll go off half cocked." Jemma says sharply.

Svenja says with a snide tone, "Oh, she's got plenty o cock, Jemma."

Jemma glares down at Svenja and says, "Kiddo loves who she loves, and does what she wants. And who she wants. Don't you go trying to fit her into your little frakkin box of who you think she ought to be." She drops her voice to a threatening tone, "Svenja, that's your one time. Don't disrespect my girl again, or you're gonna end up having to explain how somebody's granma beat you senseless."

Svenja stands up, brushes that off, hands up, like she isn't going to come back on Jemma for that. At least, not right now. Jemma looks to you, "There's a bedroll on my bike. You two figure out how you're gonna sleep while I get the fire going. Old folks don't need sleep."

What do you do?
  • ... Well... She's not wrong about me going off half cocked... I chuckle when Svenja comments about me having lots of cock, and pull my sleeping bag out of my pack before Gramma even suggests I grab her bedroll. I nod off in her bike's direction for Svenja, "I'm good with this — go ahead and take the roll."

It's really only big enough for one person anyway...
  • --END SCENE--