[Junk XIII] A Chance Meeting (K 2-8, S 2-9)

edited October 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

Jemma shook you awake at first light. She warmed up some dried meat in the fire while you were out. She smiles down at you, "Hey Kiddo, wake up, baby." She hands you the meat, and moves to sit behind you, gently brushes your hair while you munch. Svenja is already up, cleaning her rifle.

You head back to your bikes and head towards the next camp. That's when you spot a Wendy coming your way, with Stitch riding behind her. She sees you, too, and starts turning the bike around.

Stitch,

Junior Bacon rides off from the camp and east back to Salt. About three klicks out of the camp, she slows down when she sees a pair of bikes heading your way. She watches them, trying to see who they are. After a few moments, she says, "Change of plans, Snack Size, I'm takin you back, right-the-frak-now."

What do you do?

Comments

• I frakking open it up — there's no frakking way I'm letting this Wendy get away from me. I lean my head back to Svenja and yell, "Get ready to take this bitch if we have to!"

Gods, hang the frak on Stitch!
  • I wrap my legs around this bitch and lean as far over to one side as I can- trying to ground the bike.
  • Stitch,

Junior Bacon shrieks and tries to keep the bike up. She's reaching for a dagger strapped up on her handlebars, "I'm gonna frakkin kill you, Snack Size!"

I think that's Acting Under Fire. Let's see how that shakes out.
  • OOC: Act under fire. Roll+sharp (Good in the clinch).
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 3, 3. Total: 8)
  • Kiddo,

Svenja yells in your ear, "I'm not clear for a shot, but I'm pulling out my rifle! If I get one, I'll take it!"
  • Stitch,

You get your legs up around her waist, but JB slices you a good one before she lays the bike down.

You take 3-Harm from the knife and the crash. Good thing, though, JB takes Harm too. With your one armor vest, that's 2-Harm. I'll roll the Harm move next post.

Kiddo,

Good news! Stitch toppled this Wendys bike and she laid it down, skidding hard through the scrub.
  • Stitch

Harm move
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 4. Total: 10)
  • Stitch,

You were able to pull your leg free a bit while she laid it down, and at some point you rolled away.

Unfortunately, you cracked your head on a rock during the tumble. You saw stars for a moment, then you were out. KOed.
  • I'm not stopping until I'm on top of that Wendy bitch! And I frakking mean it! I'll run her over if I have to!
  • Kiddo,

Are you gonna run over her, or drop the bike and run up, or just stop and try to get a shot? She's amid some scrub, so you need to get close to see her.

Stitch rolled away, you saw that in the long skid.
  • I'm not getting off this bike until that Wendy is dead — or, yknow, I fall off — but if it looks like it would be easier to shoot her, then I'll stop a few yards out and swing out the boomstick so Svenja, Gramma and I can waste this bitch.
  • You can ride up to get a shot. So does Jemma.

Yeah, if there's no conversation happening, it's three on one wounded Wendy. She's dead. Full of holes, but she got off a shot.

Did you get her first?

Who did she get a lucky shot on?
  • I most certainly did get her first — that's probably why the bitch's shot flew wild. The boomstick's always a little messy like that, yeah? I heard someone next to me grunt after the shot; but I didn't give it much thought, 'cause I was pretty focused on making sure this clown turns into minced meat.

It isn't until the smoke cleared that I noticed Gramma's bleeding... I sling the boomstick over my shoulder, and send Svenja to go help Stitch out. I run over to Gramma, "you alright Gramma? Where'd she get ya?"
  • Kiddo,

Jemma looks down at her arm, and snarls at it. She snarls at her injury, like she's annoyed that it exists. Then she looks up, "My frakkin arm. I'm fine, honey. Check on your friend."

Svenja already off the bike, charging for Stitch, "Damnit, Stitch, don't be fucking dead!" She drops beside Stitch, reaches into her own mini first aid kit in her pack, puts some smelling salts under her nose.

Stitch,

You wake up. Your head is in Svenja's lap. You hurt. You're alive.
  • I give Gramma a stern look — I mean, she did just get shot, after all — but I nod, and jog over to Stitch.

I kneel down next to her, and put a hand on her shoulder. "You OK Sweetie? That was frakkin' bad-ass with the bike back there!"
  • I open my eyes to see Svenja's face, creased with worry. I'd like to say something witty or funny, but when I try to speak I start coughing- I must have inhaled some dirt in the skid.

"Uh, maybe ok. Not sure. Alive, though." I reply to Kiddo. "You kill Bacon?"
  • I smile when Stitch finally starts talking. I look back at the corpse, then back to stitch, "you bet your ass I did! If I wasn't so damn happy you're OK, I'd ride up into the Wendy's camp and finish off a few more."

I pull my canteen out of my pack and offer it to her, "drink up sweetie, we need you on your feet."
  • As you three are chatting, Jemma walks over to double-tap JB, then she watches the horizon.

Svenja kind of eases back when you cough, helps you sit up, then she's up, brushing off her camo pants and heading back to the bike while you two chat.
  • I start giggling like an idiot- who's gonna suck Ronnie's dick now? I sit up and wipe the dirt off my face, some of which is ground in. My hand comes away with some blood on it.

I take the canteen and drink, looking to Kiddo before I finish it.
  • I wait patiently for Stitch to finish the drink, then pat her on the shoulder and offer her my hand. "C'mon sweetie! Let's get you back home."
  • Screep Wipe to Salt
    ---------------------

You left Junior Bacon to rot and rode back to Salt, arriving in late morning. The two trucks are almost loaded up, Kodak and Bank are sweating it, moving the salvage from Caroline. Hump was out there, keeping watch.

Rinso and VB were inside, sleeping. They came out not long after you rode back in. Lots of people happy to see you, Stitch. Except Motel. He doesn't come out.

What do you do?
  • I walk inside to see Motel. That old man ain't gonna die on my watch.
  • Stitch,

You find Motel in bed. His wounds are bad. VB and Rinso have been keeping vigil, but there's nothing much they can do, really. You've seen worse burns. Not by much. He's awake. He gives you a half smile, with the functional half of his mouth.
  • I sit at his side and check him out. "Hey, old man. I'm gonna take a look. Gotta keep you singing."

OOC: Read a sitch incoming.
  • OOC: Read a sitch. Roll+sharp.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 3, 1. Total: 6)
  • Stitch,

Motel is in rough shape. He shouldn't travel. Really, you shouldn't leave him. At least, not until you can spend some time training someone how to change his bandages and treat him.
  • I take his hand in mine. "This is gonna feel weird, and it might not work, but it's all I got right now."

OOC: Healing touch incoming.
  • OOC: Healing touch. Roll+weird. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 2, 6. Total: 10)
  • I fall into Rinny and Vee's arms. The nap definitely helped, but I could still go for a bit of sleep... "How are things going here?"
  • edited October 2013
    Stitch,

Motel's eyes widen, but he puts his trust in you.

You reach in to his soul and heal him. It's wonderful, seeing the person he is. He's still not worn down by this world. Not the youthful vigor of the others, he's lived, and he still enjoys living.

So tell me, Stitch. Could you ever find yourself joining the Wendys?
  • VB and Rinso keep quiet as Stitch does her work. Then, as Motel's injuries heal and knit before your eyes, Rinso says, "We're better now. Lost most of the haul from Caroline, but you brought Stitch back..."

"And now Motel is doing better." VB finishes. She looks at you, "You look tired. You should sleep on the road, Kids."
  • Join the Wendys? Fuck no. They are savages.

Now I don't mind folk who are down on their luck, doing what they got to do to survive, but the Wendys are different. They get their kicks off of scaring people. They could be working to survive, but instead they're...

Well, they're crazy. I'd feel bad for them if I wasn't so scared of them. I feel bad for Frosty.
  • Yeah... I guess I should sleep on the road. I sigh, "Gramma got shot. She needs to be looked after, and we need to make sure Stitch is alright." I look around for Hump, then ask Rinny and Vee, "You talk to Hump? If we're heading out today, he's gunna have to make a choice about where he's going..."
  • VB shakes her head no, she hasn't talked to Hump.

That's for you.

--END SCENE--