[LB] In the Brig (ALL 1.1)

2»

Comments

• Caess-header
    Caess certainly didn't expect that, Natasha. Her mouth drops open slightly, and she stammers, "You fool-headed girl! I've enough wealth to buy this man's ship and you want to walk away?" She shirks from your gaze, knowing your powers, but desperate to find some way to exit the ship. She looks to Jonas, then to you, Kale.

Kale, this lady's loaded. Doing anything for her?
  • edited November 2014
    LadyB-

"If you love your captain, don't listen to her! As soon as she's off the ship she'll use any dark secret the crew has against you to make her money back! She's the kind of woman that will shoot you in the back, as she's done to me. You do not want her aboard the Owl!"
  • edited November 2014
    KaleArkamHeader
    Now now. No needa be hasty.

Wouldn’t be the first time we got shot fer golden ‘maids. Right, Cap? Sellin secrets taint the worst profession I seent.

I point a thumb Naomi's way but can't help starin at the richy. Shouldn’t be in too much danger wit your own private tsunami close by.

I’ll do what the Cap thinks best--as always--but I’d wager my brown eyes’re sparklin bright gold at the moment.
  • edited November 2014
    LadyB-

"Naomi," I whisper so that only she, and Caess can hear me. "Her bullet stole me away from the man I loved more than most. I won't give her the chance to do so again..."

"Understood, my lady." I had barely glanced at the boy when he'd placed the pistol in my care. I don't use pistols much; I'm much more deadly without them... But they do look intimidating, and I guess you could say I enjoy putting on a show: old habits, I suppose...

I pull back the hammer on the pistol and lift it. My hand is steady and face cool as I aim for the middle of her face. I keep the saber in my left hand, held at my side should I find a reason to need it.
  • CyrusVanceHeader

Cyrus leans over to Kale.

"Don't know this richie from any other richie, but Blackbird seems to have it in for her. I ain't a fan of seein' people who don't deserve it get their blood spilled, but when that blood is blue and they do, in point of fact, deserve it like Blackbird seems to think, well then..."
  • Caess-header
    Caess opens her mouth to say something, looks to Vance, then Lady Blackbird and finally Kale. She sees that none will aide her, so she walks back towards her cell and has a seat on her cot, to wait for the guards to arrive. "I'm sure we will cross paths again, Lady Blackbird."
  • Everyone...

You have six unconscious guards, all of your weapons and gear and Jonas the pit fighter here in the hall and the guard room. Mary Glaring is still under the cot, watching warily. Oh, and Lady Blackbird, your pearls were not among the gear and items recovered from the locker.

Lady Blackbird, what item of Caess's did you find in the locker?

You all know you have a brief moment before there's more trouble. But you should be able to formulate a plan, perhaps bind some wounds.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2014
    LadyB-

I fasten the belt around my hips that has my sheath and holster still attached to it, glad to be armed again with more than just magic. I take the time then to look for my necklace. In the midst of the search, I find a little black book. It is a written record of all the defamation Caess has acquired over the years. I keep it to dispose of it later. I don't want it used against anyone that does not deserve it.

The jewelry that once belonged to my mother is nowhere to be found. I try to hide my disappointment. "...my pearls are gone, so, this is all I have for you." I toss my purse to the Captain.
  • Snargle

Snargle drags 'Snargle's' guard through the open cog door and into the cell Snargle was in before, then comes back for another. "Don't need to kill them, but Snargle thinks that it shouldn't be too easy for them to get back into the fight." Unless someone helps Snargle, Snargle will drag all six in, then lock the door.
  • jonas picks up a guard, carrying him to the same cell Snargle did. He deposits the guard on the floor, not very gently.
  • KaleArkamHeader
    Oh, those were the Lady's pearls? Uh, I guess this would be a good time to--Er, would the Cap--I mean the best thing to--

Oh, Snargs! Lemme help wit those!

I dash over to the Brass-Beater furthest from the Lady and start draggin. I make sure to slam up Mary's cell and kick it a few times fer good measure on the way past.
  • As you're dragging guards away, Kale, you get a feeling that Mary Glaring's biding her time, looking for an opportunity to bolt for it. That slam didn't exactly spook her, but it definitely made her leery.
  • Hey Lady Blackbird, being so magnanimous and giving Cyrus Vance your jewelry after hearing from Caessthat you're dead broke, that's pretty noble. I think you've hit the Key of Paragon.
  • KaleArkamHeader
    I was hopin shuttin those bars would lock Mary's cell back up, but guess not.

I look over at that fancy control panel and wipe my hands on my shirt.

To no one in particular: Can't say fer sure, but I'd wager that operates the cell locks n such. Might be a good thought to lock her and the Brass-Beaters up afore we leave.
  • CyrusVanceHeader

First thing Cyrus does is toss the jewelry back to LB, cast his eyes downward, and say "Uh... Lady? Blackbird? Listen, let's save any kind of payment until we get you to wheres-abouts yer goin'. Till then, well... you hold on to this.

He then turns to Snargle and Jonas: "Good thinking, let's get them locked up."

Shirfting to Kale he says "So what should we do with this one?" as he gestures to Mary. "I hate to leave anyone in the clutches of the imperials, but I'm not sure we can trust her."

Addressing everyone, then, Cyrus says "Either way, a whole mess'o guards should be here soon. I say we break for the Owl with Naomi and myself leadin' the way. I should be able to remember where they'd be keepin' her. Jonas and Kale will pull up the rear, keepin' an eye out for any trouble behind us. Snargs and Blackbird, you two will stay in the middle."

Then he turns to Blackbird and, lowering his voice, says "And I'm sorry about the pearls. We'll keep an eye out for them, Blackbird."
  • edited November 2014
    MaryGlaringheader
    "Leave me in my cell, unlocked." Mary suggests from under the bunk, her eye glowing in the dim light. "I'll give you a count of three hunnert an find me own way off this hole!"
  • edited November 2014
    Snargle

Snargle looks at the control panel, which is all covered in switches and buttons and lights. Finds four switches in a row, all in the "Up" position. Snargle flips all four down to see what happens. If Captain Sir wants to leave Mary's cell unlocked, Captain Sir will say so.
  • The cell doors are closed, Jonas outside, Caess and Mary inside, along with six unconscious guards. Vance has laid down a plan. Anyone have anything left to do before you try to make it happen?

OOC: Vance, you're giving some orders now. that's hitting your Key of Commander!
  • edited November 2014

I allow myself to look somewhat satisfied as the woman retreats to her cell. Now that she's decided to be cooperative, I lower the pistol and replaces the hammer. Excellent. It was always easier when they didn't do something incredibly stupid.

"Alright." It's probably the most efficient solution, even if I don't particularly like it. But, to be fair, I would probably find fault with pretty much any suggestion right now...

I hold out both weapons to Jonas -- I don't particularly need them. And, well, I am curious enough to ask, "She a friend of your's?" I give a slight chin-nod towards the woman that had just scuttled off to her cell.
  • Jonas-header
    Jonas looks back at Caess with a bit of a sneer, "Not at all, Bishop. She hired me to watch her skinny backside, then fired me when we got caught. Been stuck in there with her for a couple weeks now." He eyes you for a moment, Lady Blackbird, then ducks his head in a curt kind of bow. He's ready to move with the group, no questions asked.
  • LadyB-

...and I'm sorry about the pearls. We'll keep an eye out for them, Blackbird.

I smile at that. "...thank you, Captain. That is very kind of you." I notice then the pit fighter's gesture. It would seem awkward to curtsey without a dress, so I offer my hand. "It's a pleasure to meet, ah..."

Oh yes, the blood.

I find a first aid kit in the control room and dump its contents to hastily bind my hand with gauze. "Captain, are we releasing Mary? She did behave, after all..."
  • edited November 2014
    CyrusVanceHeader

Cyrus stands at Mary's door and shakes his head with a "tsk tsk."

"Mary, Mary, Mary. Blackbird is right. You did behave, and I do have a soft spot fer ya. Tell ya what, when we're out of sight, you go on and give us that three-hunnert count and hopefully our paths do cross again someday in a slightly less... unpleasant situation."

Cyrus then tosses her a small dagger and says "Make yer own luck, Mary."

Then he turns to everyone else. "If y'all ain't got any more to prepare fer, I say we get ourselves movin'. Follow Bishop here n' me."

Good, that simplified things.

I let the lady fiddle with the bandages for a moment by herself...but she's doing no good with the use of only one hand, so I step forward as she's trying to secure it. "You'll never get it tight enough on your own." Firmly, I take the bandage from her to finish wrapping it up on her behalf. As I do, I explain, "Jonas here's one of the best fighters I know. I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for him."

With the bandaging completed, I give a nod to Cyrus. Ready.
  • Snargle

Since Captain Sir says so, Snargle flips the switch for Cell One back down, and Mary's cell door clicks open. "Snargle is ready. In the middle with Lady Freckles it is!" Snargle turns to give the Lady a smile.
  • LadyB-

"Thank you, Naomi." I'm reminded again where I'd be without her as she secures the binding, and that puts me in the mind of what each day was like before she had come into my life. When she first met me, she must have thought I had cloudy eyes because daddy denied me an expensive possession that I did not yet have. The truth of it was, being locked inside my own keep for my own protection was driving me mad...

Lost in my own melancholy thoughts again. This must be one of the reasons why they call this ship the Hand of Sorrow.

Clearing my head of it, I return the goblin's smile with one of my own. "I'd have it no other way. It will be an honor to stand beside you, Snargle."
  • edited November 2014
    KaleArkamHeader
    I notice my mouth's agape and effort to close it and run up behind the Cap. The Cap's the Cap, but I gotta say my peace.

"Behave?" She dinnit behave so much as I was padfooting behind that Brass-Beater. Her screech almost got me killed!My thanks again for takin him and his greasy sideburns down right after.

Back to the Cap, quiet like, but not really secrety.

Seems like we're bettin on the wrong sky shark here, Cap. That richie made promise of gold and it looks like she couldn't quite hurt a dry starfish with four of its arms tied. Then we're like to dagger up this one-eyed siren and aim her at our backs?

I couldn't keep the thought a that time in Nightport a few years back--the last time I saw Mary. I was lookin forward to gettin some R&R time with the Cap. I saved up my "earnings" for a better part of a year to spend it all on my Cap and me. They have plenty a gamblin and even some fancy dinner houses if you look hard enough.

I had the whole weekend planned out for me n the Cap, but one look from Mary's one good eye dashed all that. Snargs and me barely saw im at all the whole stay, then he comes back and it's time to leave in a hurry.

I didn't say nothin, but you're right that I spent all that savings and got the fanciest bottle of indigo rum to comfort me while we flew into Nightport's sky.
  • CyrusVanceHeader

Cyrus shrugs as he walks up to join Naomi at the front of the line.

"If Mary crosses us, we'll deal with her then, but I ain't about to leave someone in one of these here cells. No one deserves this."

What to we see as we press forward, GM?
  • KaleArkamHeader
    I give im a hard mug, but bite my tongue. He's the Cap. He knows what he's doin and I'd bet on him over my own self any day.

Don't mean I hafta like it though.
  • So I'm clear... are you opening up the brig for Mary Glaring and Caess or leaving them behind? I would like to know the resolve on that first.
  • Mary: Yes

Caess: No
  • edited November 2014
    MaryGlaringheader
    Kale, Mary Glaring gives you a cocky little sneer when she steps out of the brig. "Still the Cappin' lickspittle, Kale? Must be a sad life, such... love unrequited." She's waiting for the three hundred count, and you have a feeling you'll see her again.

OOC: Since you're bowing to Vance's will, Key of Fraternity seems to be hit here, Kale.
  • You open the door out of the brig and look down the hallway. The brig is in the belly of the Hand of Sorrow, dimly lit with narrow passages.

Vance, you know Imperial Ships well enough to pick your way, plus you've been here before. You can lead this crew towards the Owl.

Are you planning on sneaking and hiding, or moving as quickly as possible? It sounds like a quick charge for the hangars, right?

If so, you're going to run into some fights along the way. Vance, choose who rolls for your fight. The challenge is FOUR to charge your way to the hangar through any guards you run into.
  • Can I ask what the challenge is for sneaking and going quietly?

Naomi: how's your dice pool doing right now?
  • Can I ask what the challenge is for sneaking and going quietly?
    Oddly enough, also challenge of 4.
  • I will help Naomi by loaning her a die.
  • (Naomi just finished a refresh scene, she is at full Pool.)
  • (If things go south, or maybe even if they don't, Kale's ready to throw up a darkness or light spell. The Cap and Snargle know that's always an option ;) ).
  • (If things go south, or maybe even if they don't, Kale's ready to throw up a darkness or light spell. The Cap and Snargle know that's always an option ;) ).
    (is that a helping die?)

• (Rolled: 8d6. Rolls: 4, 2, 6, 4, 5, 6, 3, 4. Total: 34)
  • edited November 2014

1+Help+Pit-Fighter+Combat Tested+Brutal+Living Weapon+Fast+Hard
    Naomi lets Vance lead the way until a threat emerges. The moment she lays eyes on any Imperial, it is Naomi who takes the lead. Moving fast and taking the Imperials down before they can raise the alarm is the only way they're going to get back to the Owl undetected.

Because if the Imperials learn they've escaped...

Naomi is merciless to those unfortunate enough to be in their path. Few are able to grasp what is happening to them as she turns her combat training against them. The lucky ones are merely knocked out by her fist or her elbow; some aren't so lucky as she attempts to silence them as quickly as possible...and when time is of the essence, being ruthless is the only option.
  • CyrusVanceHeader

When some imperials round the corner, Cyrus reaches for his gun...

...but before he can draw Naomi is on them like lightning. Cyrus just stands back and nods approvingly.

"You know how to pick friends, Blackbird, I'll give ya' that."

After Naomi takes care of things, he keeps leading the crew towards the Owl.
  • Everyone, please go here.