[SWAW] Iyuta (16)

Comments

• Ladro Eyes

"New to being a Captain, certainly. The work... depends on how you define that. Hosk and I have been working together for some time. Causing trouble, fixing trouble. The ship and the... responsibilities, those are new."
  • chak
    Chak has this hard stare as he listens. It isn't a glare, there's no emotion behind it, really, but he's focused, <"Sounds like you know your poodoo then. Good to meet you, Captain Shade."> Kee hands him a huge, frothy mug and he raises it to you.
  • Ladro Eyes

"I do my best. I'm learning... sometimes you get the Idiot's Array, and sometimes you're just the idiot." I raise my glass to meet Chak's giant mug.
  • Chak Wookie laughs at your joke and quaffs his mug. The four of you end up chatting and swapping stories at the bar for a while. Hosk does push it to about a 3, but you keep your wits about you.

Anything after that brief encounter, or back to the ship?
  • Ladro Eyes

For me, it's back to the ship. I'll encourage Hosk to do the same, but not push it. I make sure that Chak and Kee know the most public contact information for me, in case they have work that needs passing off. I hope Squall's still working on repairs, or working on Amy, whichever works best.
  • Hosk promises to come along shortly, and he sounds sincere. You end up trudging back through the corridors by your lonesome, back to the docking port, and through the airlock into your ship. Your ship, Ladro.

When you head towards your quarters to turn in, you pass by the common room in the central hub. There, you catch sight of Squall and Amarath sitting together. There's a certain closeness that strikes you. They're at the circular couch, with drinks sitting on the little round table, Squall's giggling at something Amy just said that was too quiet to hear. Amy's got her right arm up, over the back of the couch, inches away from being around Squall, and Squall is looking at her with that look. That wide-eyed, you're-super-interesting look she can give.
  • Ladro Eyes

I give a little smile, but pass on. I'm in a new mode, trusting my people to not kriff up the operations of the boat. I'm hoping that Squally gets some tonight, and trusting that there won't be repercussions, later.

Once I get to my quarters, I'm at a loss. Klava's not called for at this time of night, so I drop a message for Ahji Dar.

From: Ladro New fun. Playing with the Givin. Your Tom misses... His kitten
  • The message is sent off into space. You know it won't reach her for days, most likely. Without klava, or a companion, sleep doesn't come easy this night. You're still up when Hosk comes in. You know he's arrived because he sings some Trade Fed March. Badly. There's some laughter from Amy and Squall and some conversation, then Hosk growls some words at them, but they don't take the bait, so he heads off to his bunk.

Then, the ship finally quiet, you catch some z's.

We pick up the next morning. How early do you wake up? What's your morning routine like today?
  • Ladro Eyes

I sleep fitfully and rise early, unwilling to keep tossing and turning. After a glass of water and some time in the refresher, I make my way to my Captain's chair and run some flight sims, trying to make sure my skills are up to the task if I need to take the helm at a key point. I'll head out into the station in a bit to grab some food.
  • When you head up to the captain's chair, you pass by Jojee. She's in the common area, dressed in a tank top and shorts, doing pull-ups. She's struggling a little, head shakes, sweat pours, but she doesn't give up until she hits her mark.

You run through sims, not doing half bad. After half an hour, you hear more activity in the ship. A big hunk of metal like this has very few secrets, especially with the open core design, like a drum. Sounds like Squall and Amy are up, they're talking and laughing a little in the common room.

Jojee
    Jojee comes up to the bridge. "Hey Cap. Morning." She's got a towel around her neck, she needs it. "Think we could set up one of the unused passenger cabins as a small gym? There's nowhere to do some of my workout on board."
  • Ladro Eyes

"Morning, Jo. That sounds like a good idea. See what you can come up with, but I'd like to make sure we can convert it back to bunk space, if we need to take on passengers at some point. How's our baby? Repairs going well?"
  • Jojee
    She slides into the pilot's chair, checking a few things. You've already checked the settings, but she does it anyway. "Damage was minimal. Squall has the logs, but it's just shy of three hundred cred if we fix it here. She can fly without a couple of the repairs, we could save maybe fifty credits finishing up at Gristone. How do you wanna play it?"
    She turns around to lean in, saying low, "Could be some trouble on board. Squally and Amy." She kind of rolls her eyes.
  • Ladro Eyes

"What's your recommendation on repairs, Jojee? Are you comfortable flying with those few things undone?"

When she brings up Squall and Amy. "Trouble, or just shenanigans? I don't have any problem with Squally getting some as long as it doesn't get in the way."
  • Jojee
    Jojee makes that odd little head waggle she does when she considers things, "Let's save the fifty credits. And with Amy, it'll be trouble, you know? Squall's love life always ends up messy. Remember last time she did this."
  • Ladro Eyes

"I understand, and I did warn Squall that Amy was a loose cannon, but I'm not going to manage my crew's love lives. If it spirals, I'll step in." I give her an evil smile. "Of course, you're free to say whatever you want."
  • Jojee
    As Jojee listens, she stands up, "True, true. And that's enough of my busybodying for now. I need a shower." She scoots past you and heads out.
  • Ladro Eyes

On my way out to the station, I'll swing through and check on everyone. I'd like to get details on when Squall's leaving and returning, check in with Hosk, make sure Amy isn't breaking things or writing on the walls.
  • Hosk is sleeping things off, but he answers the comm. He's alright.Amy's slipping her boots on in the common area when you come in. Squall's standing near her, checking over a datapad.

Ze looks up and grins,"Morning, Captain. I'm about to head out for the transport to the surface. Amy's coming along, you free? It's a neat space elevator."
  • Ladro Eyes

"I think I'll stick close to the Margin, Squall. When should we expect the two of you back?"
  • Amarath-header
    "I'll be back in a couple hours. I'm not going down... to the surface." Squall snickers when Amy says that.

"The pass is for eight hours. Repairs are done, for what is needed. Jojee said she'd talk to you about the touch ups. You want to hold off on that work, right?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I ignore Amarath's ridiculous double-entendre. "Makes sense to hold off. Jojee seems okay to fly with the work the way it is. And hey, I thought you were talking about joining you on the surface. I'd love to see the space elevator, if we can grab some food on the way."
  • edited December 2014
    Ze brightens, "You really want to come along? It'll be mostly boring engineering talk. But I'd love the company." Ze glances over to Amy, who dramatically yawns and turns away to get some food from the autochef.
  • Ladro Eyes

"Sure, I'll join. Nothing for me to do until the Givin have a cargo ready, really, and I'm really bad with free time. And I'm sure the engineering talk will be scintillating."
    Squall smiles a small smile for you, "It will scintillate your very being, Captain." Ze looks around, "Ready to go, Amy?" Amarath nods, and you set off for the space elevator.
  • Ladro Eyes

I grab some breakfast on the way. A perfect isoceles triangle of rather plain pastry dough, filled with not overly-seasoned ground meat. Common denominator food, but it fills the hole in the belly. I'm actually looking forward to the space elevator. I'm sure the Givin have done it right.
  • edited December 2014
    The three of you head through the nexus of the station to reach the space elevator. Nisil is there, awaiting your arrival. Squall made sure you were exactly on time, even checking a chronometer and slowing zir walk to make it happen just so. Just before Amarath heads back to the ship, she snatches Squall into an embrace and lays one hell of a kiss on her. The swoop a being off their feet kind of kiss. Squall blinks a few times once Amarath lets go.

Amy chuckles and waves you both farewell as Nisil starts up the space elevator.
    photo spacelift_zps3eb02da3.jpg
  • Ladro Eyes

That... is really impressive. "Good solution for heavy gravity, yes, Squall? What's the material?"
    Squall grins, happy to share the details, "An amazing builder named Olduur concocted a special polymer he used in combination with permacite to increase it's strength while allowing it to remain transparent, like glass. He was an odd one, creating the polymer, then destroying the formula after the space elevator was completed. It made several Givin very upset."

You continue dropping at a steady rate, fast enough that the trip should last about fifteen minutes, but not so fast that you cannot enjoy the vista. What catches your eye the most?

Squall is in a super mood this morning. Ze's humming and smiling to zirself. Ze doesn't say why, but you have a good idea why.
  • Ladro Eyes

The surface of Yag'Dhul is captivating from this height. I've heard that the strong tidal force of its three moons causes entire swathes of the planet to practically be in vacuum at times, but the way that impacts the landscape is beyond what I imagined. Water and wind have carved snaking canyons through eras worth of rock.

I turn toward Squall's smiling face. "So... attachments?"
    Squall giggles, "Oh Captain, my Captain. Yes." Ze grins as ze looks out at the curve of the world's shape. "It was just sex. But it was really good sex." Ze hugs zirself for a moment in memory.
  • Ladro Eyes

I can't help but smile. "So, who is it you're visiting, planetside? Old friends? Math pen pals?"
    "Math pen pals?" Squall scoffs. "Ha! Math pen pals is insulting. Esoteric formula friends maybe." Ze grins, then walks over to you, looking up. "His name, right now, is Quadrille. He changes his name often. We've corresponded for many cycles. He's pretty funny. We've... we've never met, face-to-face"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Ha! I was right. Math pen pals. I hope you have a good visit, Squally. You deserve it."
  • The surface looms ahead, you're in the last few minutes of your descent.

Squall asks quietly, "May I ask you a personal question, Captain? About Kiffar culture?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Sure. Ask away."
    "When it was just Amy and me, she was really sweet, thoughtful. But in front of the crew, and especially you, she's so aggressive, she has a chip on her shoulder. Is it because of her family name? And, well, I notice you don't want anyone to know yours. Which I don't understand."
  • Ladro Eyes

"Amarath's family was cut off by their clan some time ago, which makes it really difficult on Kiffar. She grew up pretty rough-and-tumble, always getting in trouble. She really is that cocky and aggressive, she needs it for the work she does, but I'm glad she can still turn it off when she wants." I take a few breaths. "For me, it's different. I was hoping to put things right, or at least closer to right, but my mother... she just wasn't willing, and we had to leave in a real hurry."
    Squall moves in for a hug, squeezing you as you feel the inertia of the space elevator shift, the terrestrial gravity taking over. "I'm really sorry about that, Captain. I'm sure we can find a way back. But, why was your mother so unwavering?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I have to think about whether I want to answer that, but in the end I do.

"I think, even after I'd been gone all those years, she still wanted me to be the real Kiffar in the family. I apprenticed with my Baba, you know? In his woodworking shop. He's a master. Before I left the first time, we argued bitterly, and... well, I wanted to cut my ties, so I stopped using my clan name, despite it being written on my face for the galaxy to see. When I saw her, she threw that in my face. A ten-year old decision made by an angry teenager. And she saw me with Ahji Dar, which was apparently like betraying the family all over again, in her eyes. She told me I was no longer her son..."

I stop speaking before my voice breaks.
    With a duck of zir head to your chest, Squall hugs you again, "Oh, Ladro. That's awful. I'm sorry she won't listen to you. Broken hearts mend at the wrong times." Ze looks up into your eyes, "Do you still hope for reconciliation someday?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I meet those eyes. "It was so difficult, Squall, putting my pride aside. I didn't blame, didn't bring up the old arguments. Just apologized for leaving, and for staying away, and asked for a chance. She shut me out, cut me off." Do I still hope for reconciliation? "I don't know if I can give her the chance to do that to me again. Don't know if I can humble myself like that again."
    Ze looks without judgment, understands, or seems to. A single nod. "I hope she comes to you, then. I do. But, if she doesn't, I am proud to call you my family."

A speaker set inside the ceiling softly announces in accented Basic that the elevator arrives at destination in eight four seconds.

Squall grins, "Of course, I call Hosk my family, too. So, you can tell I'm not very picky."
  • Ladro Eyes

I return Squall's grin, grateful for the exit line. "Squally, I'm glad you're not picky. It's good to be family."
  • The space elevator comes to a stop and that heavily accented voice comes through the speakers again, "The sector of Yag'Dhul you have entered is currently submerged. When you exit the elevator, if you require a breathing apparatus, please secure one from the dispenser to your right. If your corporeal self suffers from vacuum deterioration and you plan to stay more than six hours and twelve minutes, please speak with an attendant to procure an environment suit.

The doors open to a small metal room. Squall walks over to the dispenser to obtain breathing apparatuses for both of you. There are two Givin here, both sitting on small curved chairs, staring at datapads. One looks up when you enter, hooded eyes watching you.

There are a pair of doors at the other end of the room. A litany of numbers and symbols are on the door, and they subtly change as you watch.
  • Ladro Eyes

I take the breathing apparatus, but say, "You've got the pass, Squally. Thinking I'll ride back up and check on our cargo while you're visiting Quadrille. Have fun."
    Squall tilts her head, sad that you aren't coming, but ze knows you don't have a pass. Ze hugs you again lightly, "Alright, Captain. Thanks for coming down with me. It was very fun." Without hesitation, ze turns to head for the doors, excited to get the trip going.
  • edited December 2014
    Ladro Eyes

I almost call out to jokingly warn Squall about vacuum deterioration, but decide that's not actually funny. Instead, I turn back to the elevator for the ride back to the station.
  • The ride up is a bit more disorienting than it was down. Also, it's lonely, with no one on board, the fifteen minutes stretch into an eternity. Once you're up to the station again, how do you pass the time?
  • Ladro Eyes

First, I find Nisil. Not to push, but to see if there's anything I need to do in regards to the cargo.
  • You find Nisil in her office on the station. It's a spartan affair, a simple glass desk suspended from the wall, a chair that seems molded into place with only one part. She stands when you enter. "Greetings, Captain Shade. You wish to speak about the cargo load I've acquired for you?" She taps a few times on a datapad on her desk and pushes it forward for you to review.

The cargo list is wide and varied, but there is an accompanying layout plan to fit everything inside. "The stipend of 5,350 credits for the travel will be transferred immediately. All sales with customers are completed as well. If the delivery is made within the time allotted, there will be an eleven percent bonus.... does this meet your requirements?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"It does, thank you. I'll return to the ship to take delivery soonest. We'll be leaving once my engineer returns from visiting her friend on the surface. Thank you for that, by the way. It means a lot to her."
  • Nisil nods, accepting the thanks without arguing about it. "That one is very smart for a Rattataki."
  • Ladro Eyes

"That one is very smart, in general. I'm proud of my crew. I'll be at the Profit Margin if you need to contact me." And I head to the ship. If there's time after the cargo is loaded (how I will miss Seesk!), I'll check out the Observation Tower that Squall mentioned earlier.
  • Amarath, Jojee and Hosk all pitch in on loading the cargo, so you finish up quickly with a couple hours to spare. You head to the Observation Tower. The view of the planet and its three moons is breathtaking. You even see Squall on zir return trip up the elevator.

Your comm beeps from a forwarded message.

From: Ahji Dar Secundus run again. The big Imperial Dog Cannot Catch Your kitten
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm glad I took the time for this. Sometimes I get so caught up in the busy-ness of this life that I forget to take the time to appreciate when I'm somewhere new. This vista, the planet, the moons, the space elevator and tiny little Squall, it strengthens me. Reminds me to enjoy the gifts that this nomad life gives me.

When I read the message from my kitten, I can't help but smile. The Big Imperial Dog has nothing on her. I send a message back to our drop.

From: Ladro You are fierce, kitten. But be careful. I would hate to break YOU out of prison.
  • You make it back to the ship just before Squall comes skipping in. Jojee is sitting in the pilot's chair waiting, itching to get moving. Everyone's strapped in, ready to go. Anything to say to the troops, or do you just punch it and head to Devaron?
  • edited December 2014
    Ladro Eyes

If everyone's aboard, there's no need for ceremony. I'll ask Squall about her visit later. "Everyone ready to go? Nisil's prioritized us, so we're good to leave. Travel time to Devaron means credits..."
  • No objections from your crew. Jojee gets the Profit Margin up and out of the hangar.

The trip back to Devaron isn't dangerous, but there is always the chance something might go wrong, plus you're pushing things a little for that bonus. Why don't you give me an Act Under Fire here? Any success means you get the bonus. A failure means a complication happens that prevents it.
  • Act Under Fire

(Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 6, 4. Total: 12)
  • You pull in a karking day ahead of schedule! Squall's new nav-points trimmed off a ton of time, and your crew insisted on a dine and go stop for fuel so you shaved almost half a day there. It's kind of amazing how well you did there. Take a +1 Forward when dealing with your crew!

Oh, and by the way, you're pretty sure Amy spent at least one night in Squally's room.

You didn't get a reply from Ahji Dar yet.

Once you land on Devaron, I assume you reach out to Alanna?
  • Ladro Eyes

Deliveries first, of course, but then I do reach out to Alanna. We NEED to talk about the Iyuta job.
  • The receiving company has to scramble some loaders, they didn't expect you this early. Pretty sure that gets some notice.
    When you reach out to Alanna, she schedules dinner at Forenz. Who do you bring with you?
  • Ladro Eyes

I go alone. I'm sure Alanna would love to speak with Squall, but this might be contentious, given the getting-kriffed-over-by-out-of-date-intel thing.
  • The pastries and drinks have been ordered. Alanna sensed your mood early on, but she's played the meeting casual, her tone light. You explain all about the mission, she listens and nibbles on pastries. It isn't pleasant news, and she seems most affected to hear of Chilla's passing, more than anything else. At the end of your report, she washes down a delicate pastry with some wine.

Alanna-header
    "I'm sorry that our intel was bad, Ladro." she says with gravity. "I would never have asked you to risk yourself and your crew on a fool's errand if I'd had an inkling. I hope this hasn't burned you on future work with the cause, because I'm impressed that you broke out of the trap they laid for you." She pauses to take a drink, then adds, "What's interesting is that the comm device started sending transmissions three days ago, so I honestly thought the mission was more successful. There's a team of Sullustans working hard on decoding the intel, so I will inform them of the events. They're aware we're listening now, but it still might prove useful.:

She gives you a moment to digest that, or relax. "How is Squall working out?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I take a sip of my own wine and a bite of savory pastry. "Squall is brilliant. Ze really helped seal a deal with the Givin, and repairs after a squabble with a pair of bounty hunters went very well." I take out a credstick with 5K credits on it, slide it across the table. "I know we did the work, but the mission didn't exactly get accomplished. I assume you'll be wanting at least some of this back."
  • Alanna-header
    She looks at the credstick, but doesn't pick it up. "Ladro, I'm rather surprised you aren' furious with me for sending you on the mission." She deliberates for a moment, this action was definitely not something she'd planned on. "Keep it. But I'd like to use your crew for future missions. Would that be a fair retainer?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Don't get me wrong, Tsin Tsin. I am furious. Not at you, per se, but at the situation. It wouldn't do any good for me to scream and shout, though. What's done is done. I do want to keep working with you. We'll just make sure to be better prepared, in the future." I slide the credstick back and put it in a pocket. "That's business taken care of, then. Let's move on to the part where we relax and enjoy each other's company for a bit. Do you have plans, or can you show a ne'er-do-well like me a good time?"
  • Alanna-header
    Relief washes over her face for a moment as you accept her offer for future work. The tension in her shoulders lessens and she smiles slightly. On your suggestion about relaxing, her smile widens, "I know Squall mentioned the red falls. If you're interested in a landspeeder ride, we could go there." She picks up her wine glass, "Or, if you're interested in checking out the night life, I know a few clubs that cater to offworlders like us."
  • Ladro Eyes

"Clubs are clubs, but the red falls sound really unique. You up for taking a tourist on a trip?"
  • Alanna-header
    Alanna keys in some credits for the tab, "I'm always up for interesting tourists." She picks up her small purse, "Ready to go?"

I assume you are, so you head outside to pick up her speeder. It's a sleek little number, built for parking in the city, but full capable of a ride out in the wild. She hops in, you get in the passenger seat. The back seat is rather small. Within a couple minutes, you're outside the city limits, wind in your hair, the repulsor engines kicking up to high speeds.

As she's piloting, she looks over, "Did you ever sleep with Squall?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm enjoying the wind and the speed, and the fact that I'm just along for the ride.

"I did not. I was tempted, mind you, but... it just didn't really feel right."
  • The landscape under the speeder zips past. There are clay-colored mountains to your east, and the ground is a series of well-manicured gardens and trimmed forests. Idyllic, but controlled.

Alanna-header
    She seems intrigued by your answer, following up with, "What didn't feel right? Was it zir spice problem? Something else?"
  • Ladro Eyes

I shake my head. "Ze was already... relying... on me, in a way that wasn't good for zir. And it felt somehow like I'd be taking advantage of that. The spice was part of it, but always only a part." I look out at the landscape. "I really admire what you did for Squall, Alanna. Ze seems... calmer. More comfortable in zir skin."
  • Alanna-header
    Alanna accepts the compliment. "You put zir on the path. Telling zir to change, offering some hope and a promise of something to look forward to. In the end, it was up to zir, I acted as a guide."

She turns the speeder to head north, skimming the surface along a red river bank. The alien creatures grazing and moving along the bank are a wide variety of colors and sizes. You pass a bantha bathing in a small pool.
  • Ladro Eyes

I'm comfortably silent for a while, watching the animals and the water. I'm glad circumstances (even if they involved spice) brought Alanna and I back together. It's good when the galaxy gives you the gift of someone you can be quiet with.
  • After a few more minutes, over the repulsor engines, you hear the rush of water. Alanna pilots the speeder over the red falls, then takes a sharp turn to bring it in near the base of the falls. She lands it in a small clearing of flat grass, looks like she's been here before.

Alanna-header
    She hops out of the speeder and waits for you to exit, too. "It's a short walk from here. Great place for a picnic, by the way."
  • Ladro Eyes

As I get out and follow her, "I'll keep that in mind. Do you picnic a lot?"
  • Alanna-header
    Alanna walks ahead of you as she answers, "Not as much as I'd like. I did drag Squall up here a few times." She points along the riverbank, "Isn't it wonderful? "
  • Ladro Eyes

"It is wonderful. I've traveled so much, but it always seems to be the same wretched hives of scum and villainy. It's good to be reminded that the galaxy produces its own beauty, when we don't kriff it up."
  • Alanna has no retort for that, it's obvious she agrees. She leads you along a small path through a few straggling copses of trees. Once the treeline stops, you spot Alanna moving to a little set of steps, almost invisible until you're right on them. She waits for you to come closer and leads you up to a small flat piece of land that has a perfect view of the falls. It's impossible to hear anything other than the rush of the crimson waters.

How long do you stay there with her watching? Is there anything you do?
  • Ladro Eyes

I move close, put my hand on Alanna's shoulder, and watch the falls. Birds fly over in their fractal formations, endlessly fascinating. Since talking is useless over the roar of the water, we just stand there for some minutes, watching.

I'm not anxious to leave. I'll take my cues from Alanna.
  • Alanna half turns to you, then steps closer, under your arm, slipping hers around your waist. She leans her face into your chest and continues watching the falls.
  • Ladro Eyes

I pull her tight, enjoying the moment of closeness. We had our time, on Nar Shaddaa, and when I was getting her off the moon, and I wonder how her loneliness and mine might intersect now. The noise of the falls creates a bubble around us, like we're alone with the rushing water and the wheeling birds.

In this moment, I'm strangely hesitant, reluctant to give a kiss that might seem like a promise. In the end, I stay content with her arm around me, but ready to respond to her cues.
  • After a long time standing there, Alanna looks up at you, waiting for you to look down at her. Once you do, eyes meet, she reaches up to cup your cheek and pull you down as she leans up to kiss you. It's tentative, cautious, ready to stop if you flinch in the least.

But you don't, do you?
  • Ladro Eyes

I don't flinch at all. I wasn't consciously intending this, but I think I may have known somewhere that it was leading here. I meet the kiss with welcome and warmth.
  • How far does it go, Ladro? Do you make out for a while under the falls? Do the two of you make love on that little pile of dirt?
  • Ladro Eyes

We stay there a long while, remembering the feel of lip on lip, the curves of cheekbones and hips and collarbones. We don't make love, though, not here. Unspoken agreement leads us back to the speeder, away from the rush of the falls. This needs words, actual decisions.
  • Alanna-header
    Once you get to the speeder, she breaks away to walk over to the pilot's side. She looks at you plainly, "We're both lonely. We're both in love with someone else. But we're here right now." She narrows her eyes to a serious expression. "Would you like to come home with me, Ladro?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"Yes, I would." I get in the speeder and lean over for another kiss.
  • And you do. She takes you straightaway to her place, which is modest in size, but filled with many little surprises. She is extremely skilled at providing and extracting pleasure from you. She is a very skilled lover, Ladro. What is it that sticks with you about your night of passion when she drops you back off at the port?
  • Ladro Eyes

Truth be told, it's the fierce kiss and the words she gives me in those last minutes, as she drops me at the port. "I don't promise this is every time you're here, but I do promise never to call you 'Darkal,' and to enjoy it when we have the moment... And I really did enjoy it. Keep in touch, though. I'l certainly have work for you."

Never call me by my brother's name? Does he not know what is here for him? He must not, because he's not stupid. Maybe blind, but not stupid.
  • edited December 2014
    hey Ladro, since you're probably looking to pick up some cargo or work on the way back to Gristone, why don't you choose a job from the below and roll+Cool?

Ladro, you find three possible jobs that get work between here and Gristone.
    Job 1 - ferrying two passengers on most of the trip (1-cred / embattled). It takes no time off the trip
    Job 2 - Smuggling (2-cred / discovered) it adds two days to the trip, all told
    Job 3 - Cargo Hauling (1-cred . bushwhacked) takes no time, but could lead to future jobs (+1 Forward with contractor)
  • Ladro Eyes

Passengers on this leg of the run, I think (Job 1).

(Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 5, 5. Total: 12)
  • You pick up a father and daughter Togruta, traveling salesmen, really. They fly with you from Aleen down to M'Haeli. They keep to their quarters, eat with you a couple times, but they're pretty busy, not very open. Turns out they sell holovid equipment. Amy asks a few questions about cameras, but that's about it. Still, they pay's not bad, you clear 550 credits apiece.

Then, you're back on Gristone. I assume you check in with Miss Geshix, right? Let's play that out.

You come into her shop an hour after landing. It's afternoon. The shop is, unfortunately, empty.

MissGeshix-header
    "Greetings, Ladro!" Mixx Geshix chirps happily, "How was your trip, sir?"
  • Ladro Eyes

"It's a pleasure seeing you, Miss Geshix. The trip was... eventful, but profitable. I have some luxury goods that ought to sell pretty well here, if you'd like to act as agent for that. Oh, and you should know... Jojee drummed up orders for six dresses from shops on Devaron. How have you been?"
  • MissGeshix-header
    She listens along, picking details politely until you mention that Jojee drummed up orders. Her eyes sparkle for a moment and she leans forward, "She DID? I must bake her a pie! That's.... Six? Stars and garters, that's amazing!" She pauses, giggles lightly to herself with happiness. Then she realizes you asked a question, "Ah, the weeks have been mostly quiet. There's talk of Gristone management trying to land a contract with the Empire to become a refueling station, but I doubt it will go anywhere. A few fights at the Rainstick, no deaths. Jannus Eldar was born, healthy and happy. Nothing else, really."

She holds up a finger, "A message arrived for you earlier today, though. From the intials A and D. Encoded and I didn't pry. It's on this datastick," she hands it to you.
  • Ladro Eyes

I take the datastick. "Do you mind if I read this now? Is there a private spot?"
  • MissGeshix-header
    She looks around, then points towards the back, "There's a, uh, a bathroom, and a storage room back there."
  • Ladro Eyes

I'll go to the storage room, plug the stick into my datapad, and authenticate myself.
  • After you key in the sequence, a message comes up saying

This is a holovid transmission. Please connect the datastick to an appropriate device to receive.