[SWAW] Corellian Shipments (21)

12346»

Comments

• Read a Person

(Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 3, 6. Total: 11)
  • What does the Lieutenant wish I'd do?
    How can I get the Lieutenant to clear the ship and go away, without digging?
  • The good lieutenant is looking for a bribe to speed things along. He's been looking for something to squeeze you with this whole time. 2 Cred and he goes away. He wishes you would offer him more.

Well, I need him to go away. "Lieutenant, while my engineer goes to zir quarters to retrieve zir idents, may I speak with you in my own quarters for a moment? I thought perhaps you might care to review our... finances." I'll figure out a way to make up the loss, somehow.
  • Barrow_Oicunn-header
    "Very well, Captain. Lead on." the lieutenant agrees. You can practically see him counting credits in his eyes.

...and so, I lead on, to my quarters. I offer Lieutenant Oicunn the comfortable chair and busy myself for a moment, looking as if I'm actually going to pull up my financials for his "audit." In fact, I load a crystal with 2500 credits, then turn to the Imperial and ask, "Would you care for a cup of klava?" then move to the table and leave the crystal rather conspicuously on the corner closest to him. "Or perhaps a whiskey?"
  • edited March 2015
    Barrow_Oicunn-header
    "Klava," Lieutenant Oicunn answers. "I'm on duty. Spirits are against regulations." He leans forward to pick up the crystal. "Make that drink quick, though, Captain. I have other ships to inspect. I'm sure the Rattataki is trouble, but you seem like the kind of man who can keep the crew under control."

I go through the quick version of the klava ritual, adding an extra touch of the tongue-numbing pepper I picked up on the last stop at Devaron. I'm sure such a "pure" officer of the Empire won't expect klava made by a Kiffar to taste good, so I'll deliver what he expects. "I do my best, sir. To keep my crew under control, that is." I shrug.
  • Barrow_Oicunn-header
    He pockets the crystal, then takes the cup from you. After waiting for you to sit, he takes a sip. Makes a face, just a small expression of disgust. Sets the cup down. "Captain, I have what I need. I will release your ship." He stands, makes his way out of your quarters.

What do you do?

I follow, of course. I must make sure to see my 'better' off the ship. "Lieutenant, thank you for your service. I'm glad to know that someone of your character is protecting the shipping lanes. Makes me feel safer."
  • Barrow_Oicunn-header
    He actually buys it.

"Carry on, Captain." he says with a grin as he heads for the airlock. The door closes, and everyone breathes a sigh of relief.

What do you do?

First, to Jojee and Squall, "Let's get underway soonest." Second, I need to gargle with whiskey, cheap and strong, to get the taste of the Lieutenant's space-heinie out of my mouth. Third, I start planning the meeting where I ask the crew if they have any idea how we can fully join the Rebellion and still keep Hontu paid off, month-to-month.
  • The Profit Margin takes off soon after your orders.

Hosk comes over after you've finished gargling, "You alright, Lad? You, ah, you did the right thing there."

I nod. "Sure... I did the right thing, but... Hosk, how long do we keep pretending? I've got debt, sure, but I've got this ship. And an amazing crew. And more than half the time we're running cargo. What are we doing?"
    Hosk takes a breath, letting it sink in, "Lad, are you saying that you went us to go all in with the Rebs?" He doesn't sound like he disapproves.

"How do we do it? How do we not?" The "yes" is implied. I know Hosk will get it.
    "Alanna, Darkal, even Lens, they could all put us to work, I'm sure." Hosk says, quick and ready. "I bet Squally would love to retrofit some more guns on this old girl. Amy's down for the fight. Jojee, she'll enjoy the excitement. I'm sure the crew has your back, Lad."

"And Hontu? Will he have my back? I know we can easily find work, but pay? And how do I keep the autochef full and give you all what you need to live on?"
    "I... I don't know." Hosk admits, nodding with the severity of that need. "We offer up what we can, see how much they can offer. If it isn't enough, we do side work to keep things moving."

"Or... one really big score, get us ahead of the curve, or pay it off in one fell swoop." I sound crazy to myself, even as I say it.
  • -- end session --