[Junk XIII] The Next Candy Bar Clubhouse? (K 4-3)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

After feeding the North Candies and letting them head over to the bath house, things settled down quite a bit. In fact, half of them were passed out before dark. Spree and Payday took care of the kids and despite how careless she seems, Omo has a real deep connection with her daughters. And that seems to draw most of the North Candies to her. Star acts as the heavy, and Spree just tries to lead like a cowgirl on a busting bronco, hanging on and guiding with her knees. Goodbar won't challenge Payday and Payday is so tied into those kids that she'll back Spree most of the time. Chunky just wants to belong. Spunk can't help but take care of Abba and Zabba a bit, but she doesn't want to admit it. There's something about her past, about whatever kid she had and lost, you can see it. Mamba is the quiet one, she barely ever talks. Whopper talks enough for all of them. She is young and wild and mostly talk.

You all mount up to head out to the old freighter that Upper10 converted for a home for him and Virginia Slims and their new family. It was a nice place, he spent way too much barter on it, but hell, "Upper's House" kept half of Sector working for a few Junkfalls.

This is what it looked like back when it was worth of space travel:

Now, like the Titantic, it's split in three pieces. Upper "played it as it lied" and sealed off the open bulkheads and had a few tunnels or walkways built to connect everything. There's even one spot with a big balcony, right where the observation deck used to be. It's nice.

Too nice to be left alone, of course.

So you, the North Candies, Zagnut, Svenja and Rinso head up there. Who did Svenja ride with, by the way? Who stayed back with the kids?

You've all pulled up, and there's a nervous chatter going on with the Candies when you get a weird feeling. Like you're being watched. You don't see anyone out here, but, you know, this is an awfully nice place.

What do you do?

Comments

• I asked Vee to take care of the kids with Spunk. For one, it makes sure the kids can frakking eat — and second, it gives me an idea of what Vee's like with kids... Even if just for a day. Svenja saddled up with Chunky — I'm hoping she can give her some pointers on how to shoot straight, and I've got Rinny behind me. He's squeezing my tummy a little too tightly, given how much ginger ale I chugged this morning; but focusing on the rumble of the engine, mysteriously, makes me feel a little better.

I look around, and call out to the girls, "Everyone shut up! Someone's got eyes on us... Star, Spree, get everyone to cover!" I pat Rinny on the shoulder, and whisper, "back me up, Baby — I need to get a closer eye on that thing."
  • OOC: Reading the situation, which sure as hell seems charged to me...
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 5. Total: 10)
  • OOC: Questions:
    • what's my best way into that old ship?
    • what should I be on the lookout for?
    • what’s my enemy’s true position?
  • Rinso hefts his assault rifle, which has three extra clips by the way, and covers you. The North Candies all blink a few times. Whopper is the first to react, she pulls a shoddy katana off a makeshift scabbard on her bike and she stands there by her bike peering at the big freighter. Everyone else scatters behind their bikes.

Starburst is hissing orders for them to get the frak down and shut up. Svenja drops prone and starts scanning the place while Zagnut comes up by you, Kiddo. She's got a Saturday Night Special and she looks pretty sober.

There's a couple entrances, all at joints. Coming in the back way opposite where the Candies are right now is a good flank if you move quick and quiet.

You should be on the lookout for any eyes. Upper had Lemi reprogram a few.

Right now, you catch sight of a couple figures near the bridge, trying to sight in some shots at your crew, but if they stay under cover, they should be alright.
  • I slip over to Svenja, and get down with her, "I wanna make a run for the other side, and frak 'em up the ass. We'll let the girls draw their attention. Watch for eyes and the bastards on the bridges."

Then I slip over to the main group and pull Star and Spree into a huddle. "We're gunna go around back. You guys stay here and pull their attention for a bit. If you hear gunfighting on the bridges, storm the castle. Got it?"

Then, without really waiting to see if she did, I zip off with my crew for the ass end of the ship.
  • Let's see some Leadership here.

Then, Act Under Fire with a +1 from reading the sitch.
  • OOC: Leadership on the Candies. Roll+Hard. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 3. Total: 8)

OOC: Acting Under Fire. Roll+Cool.
    (Rolled: 2d6+4. Rolls: 4, 6. Total: 14)
  • OOC: Holding 1 for leadership.
  • Svenja nods, grins and says, "They won't even touch you. Not even a hair." She leans into the stock of her rifle and waits for you to move.

Star and Spree nod to the instructions, but you see Spree's wild eyes, she's going to lean on Star probably. Star looks ready to rock.

You dash across the way with Rinnie and Svenja firing a few rounds to the bridge. Zag's right behind you, moving quick on that healed ankle of hers. What did Zag teach you back in the day? Anything?

Both of you slip in a crack in the hull and start picking your way back up towards the people inside. You're headed up a corridor when you come right up on someone headed your way. There's some dim lighting in here, enough where she was walking and watching her step, you totally have the drop on her.

It's Dunkins. She's got a shotty, aimed at the deck. You could reach out and tweak her nipple.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    I grab my silenced pistol, point it at her head, and let her walk into it.

"Hey Dunkins," I whisper sweetly, "don't move, yeah?"
  • Dunkins starts, like you woke her out of a trance. She looks up, sees the pistol, then her shoulders slump and she closes her eyes, "I... hate you."

What do you do?
  • I smile and address Rinso without looking at him, "Hear that baby? She hates me!" That's good, 'cause it means I don't have to care if she pisses me the frak off. "Grab her nice little gun, won't you?"

I address Dunkins again once Rinso's taken her gun, and checked her for other weapons, this time I'm more serious, "Don't worry Dunkins — if you play along, you'll get it back. Where's your boy Timbits? Or Unca Panrico! He's always been pretty smart. We've gotta talk about this place you're squatting in."
  • Sounds like you're going aggro.
  • OOC: Going Aggro on Dumbass. Roll+Cool* (ice cold).
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 6, 3. Total: 12)
  • Dunkins deflates even further when you confirm that you're taking her place. Then you ask about Panrico and Timbits and she fires up, looking at you with surprise, "What? You don't...? Why don't you ask your BOY where Timmie is?"
  • I give her a confused look, "The frak are you talking about? Timmie ain't here?"
  • Rinso answers for her, "I put him in the ground, Kiddo." Dunkins just glares at you both, flinches a little when Rinso puts words on it.

There's a long quiet, then Rinso adds, "Venger an I came back for the rest of the scrap on that ship. We had words. He made to draw on me and I put him down."

Dunkins hisses in barely controlled fury, "You killed him in cold blood, you frakkin liar!"

Rinso says back, low and threatening, "You saw your brother reach for his shooter, Dunkins, don't lie to yourself about..."

"You said we'd split it. Then, you all left the rest to us!" Dunkins says, her voice raising, endangering any chance of stealth.
  • You've got to be frakking kidding me... There's a lump in my throat that practically chokes me as I think about when Rinny must have done that. It had to have been when he frakked Svenja. After all the trouble I went through to make sure nobody got hurt... There can't be any good will between us.

I narrow my eyes to a squint, and move in really close to Dunkins. My tone is clear, and dark, "lower your voice. Last chance: bring me to whoever's in charge here, or I'll call in my gang, and we'll wipe your entire frakking family off the face of this world."
  • Dunkins turns her glare on you, Kiddo. She lowers her voice, though, "What good is your word? You told us we have a deal, but you took everything. Now, you're here for our home, too? Just kill me. At least I won't die letting you sneak up on my family."
  • I shrug, and put a slug in her brain. If this is how it's going down, then this is how it's going down — I won't make her suffer through the death of her family... I'm not that frakking heartless. A few drops of blood spray on my face, and I gag.

This is a stupid frakking idea.

I turn back to Rinny and Zag after taking a second to compose myself, and wipe the blood off my face with my sleeve. "Get up on the roof, and sound the attack." I grab Rinny by the shirt, and whisper, "we're gunna talk about this later."

OOC: Spending hold to have the Candies make a hard advance on Upper's old place.
  • edited November 2013
    Rinso and Zag move out and the rest of your gang moves in hard, firing and taking the side and rear entrances.

Kiddo, Sounds like you're trying to Seize the place by Force with the gang. Let's see it.
  • I lead the charge with the girls, sweeping the place methodologically. There's no room for error now... It's time to see if the girls are up for the challenge.

OOC: Seizing the ship by force. Roll+Hard. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 5, 2. Total: 8)
  • OOC: Choosing:
    • Take definite hold of it.
    • Suffer little harm.
  • edited November 2013
    Your girls are rag-tag, but evidently they do pretty well when fed and properly maintained. They swarm in, firing and hacking. Whopper brains KK with her crap sword and little Chunky gets the drop on Panrico with her unloaded weapon (he didn't know that).

Glazed did a number on Mamba, catching her with a backhand, but then she stomped the frak out of him with her steel-toed boots. He's not getting up. Her arm is bent all wrong, though. Mr Goodbar and Payday teamed up on Powdered Cake, Pay drew his fire, then Goodbar shot him in the back when he popped up to try and take her out.

And in just a few minutes, the girls are declaring the place cleared. Panrico is there, with KK and Glazed and a few rugrats and women. Nine of them in all.

What do you do?

Doing the math:
    You've got a small gang, savage 3-Harm 1-armor.
    The Donuts are also a small gang, savage 2-Harm, 1-armor

Your gang takes 1-Harm after armor minus one for suffer little. I'm going to roll a Harm-0 on that in a sec.
    The Donuts take 2-Harm after armor, which is wounds and broken bones.
  • 0-Harm Move
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 6, 5. Total: 11)
  • Kiddo,

This successful fight, the North Candies are freaking out with happiness. They're all jumping around and giggling and talking trash. KK was able to crawl off to somewhere, either in the ship or outside.

Who did you leave anyone at the bikes? Because she's here.

Is that a bike starting up outside?

What do you do?
  • Shit! I bolt out of the place, heading straight for the bikes — I knew I should have told Svenja to stand guard over them! Frak!

• KK took Spree's bike. He's kicking up dust heading due north, towards Stitch's ship, and the Wendys.

What do you do?
  • I know my 9 millimeter is shit at this distance, but I can't help but fire off a clip at him.

Frakking hell! What the frak was I thinking?!?!

My arm falls limp to my side when the clip runs out — I stand there a minute, pissed at myself, before slowly reloading, and turning back to the ship... I guess losing a bike isn't that bad, considering we just took his home — his family. 'Course Rinny and Svenja took that from him long before I frakking showed up — I just collected on the rest of the debt.

I hear them whooping and hollering all the way out here — celebrating the carnage they rolled in with — and I kinda wanna let them gloat for a bit while I go home and wipe this frakking blood off me again. This is why I didn't want to join the Candies...

Where the frak is Rinny? Did anyone follow me out?
  • Yeah, Rinso was right behind you. He didn't fire after KK, just let you unload your clip. He doesn't look happy, not one bit. "You alright, Kiddo?"
  • I shove him, hard. "You frakking killed Timbits? What the frak, Rinny! We had a frakking deal with them! That ship was contaminated with toxic gas! Letting Timmy and Panrico live was the only frakking leverage I had with them!"

There are tears building in my eyes, and a growing nausea in my gut. I slap him hard on the arm, "I might've talked them down! Instead I lead in a gang of riled up bitches to frakking murder those folks 'cause they didn't frakking care what we did!"

I bite my lip — still frowning, still hugely upset. "When the frak were you gunna tell me?"
  • Rinso grimaces, "Never. I was never gonna tell you." He flicks the safety on his rifle and slings it over his shoulder. "Do you know how much Venger and I stripped off that ship? We're still getting jingle from it, through Remy. And re-ups for our weapons."

He drops his tone a notch, less defensive, "I didn't plan on killing Timbits. But we got nothing off that ship. And we walked away. I went there with Venger so she could look for more of her own drek, then... well, then everything went pear-shaped. Timbits drew on me, and I put him down. They ran off and we just... well, frak, Kiddo. We took the good drek like we would have if those frakkers hadn't been there begging for sloppy seconds."
  • That is not the Rinny I know and love. We've never gone back on deals like that. I grab a handful of my hair in frustration and scream at him — just raw, confused anger.

"Frak Rinny! FRAK! Is this what we are? Folks who go back on promises, and kill folks behind each other's backs?!?!" I can't help but think of the baby growing inside of me, and I snap. I just collapse to my knees a sobbing mess.

I plead with him through the tears. "We don't need jingle Rinny! You told me all you ever needed to be happy was me! That ship'll be bone dry in a couple seasons, and you'll have still killed a man over it! We killed his whole frakking family! What if someone did that to you?! What if someone killed you, or Vee, or me!"
  • Rinso exhales slow, this is so not going his way. "I know... I know, Kiddo. It went down like I said. Venger wanted her drek, so I took her up there, then it went to hell. I mean, we could have wasted them all. We didn't. He drew on me. I just... frak, Kiddo. What do you want me to say?"
  • What do I want him to say? "The frakking truth Rinny! When you do something that puts your life in danger, or Vee's, or mine — I need to know! What kind of frakking future do you think we'd have had if an entire frakking family was coming after us over the death of one of theirs?!?! You wanted to have a baby with those frakkers pissed off about you stealing their shit, and killing their man! I can't bring a baby into a situation like that!"
  • Rinso's mouth drops open. His mouth works again, but it mimics like he's going to say something a couple different times, but nothing. Then, "I should have said. I was... ashamed. Okay? I didn't want to kill Timbits. I tried to reason with him. And then he's calling me names and I just... I got pissed off and told him Venger was getting her drek and that was it. And he reached for something real quick, so I shot him dead. And then, I just tried to forget about it."

He swallows, huffs a breath through his nose, "I got other skeletons, Kiddo. Stuff I did with Cherry. I've cleared out most of my closet, and that was a long time ago, but if you want the truth, I'll write you a damn list. I'm not sorry. I'm not. I learned it all from her so I could keep you safe, like I promised. Because I love you."

He looks at you now, eyes a little sad, "How do I.... how do I make it better so you will want to bring a baby into, you know, this world?"
  • I'm still hunched over on my knees, my fists full of salt and sand, as he explains himself. Tears are streaming down my cheeks, and I'm struggling to look up at him. My shoulders slump when he mentions the other skeletons in his closet — a seemingly insurmountable pile of shit that we'll have to get over with a ticking clock... My parents, and his skeletons...

He says he loves me — I really want to believe that.

I look up at him, a little defeated, and sniffle. "We sort it out — all of it. My parents, your past, everything. We list it all out tonight, and start first thing in the morning." I give him a serious look, "and if you ever hide a secret like this from me again, Rinny, we're through."
  • Rinso slides his rifle to the ground, kneels down beside you and puts a hand on your shoulder. You can tell he wants to pull you into his arms, but he hesitates, afraid to piss you off again. "Alright. Everything on the table. I promise." There's worry around his eyes, you see it. But he sounds like he means it.
  • I nod a few times — I'm exhausted and cautious, but calmer now. I put a hand on his shoulder. "I wanna go home," I whimper, "let's deal with the girls."
  • --END SCENE--