[ShadowFate] Repeat Defender (5.0)

2»

Comments

• imageJubilex

I clench my jaw to keep from blurting out "all night". I groan a little as she grinds on me, my hands touching her hips reflexively. My body knows what it should be doing. "Three songs. And two bottles."
  • Aoife leads you to the chair she'd been sitting in when you arrive and indicates the credstick reader next to it. "My prices have gone up a bit. I'm still worth it, though." Her hand reaches down to stroke up your inner thigh. "And I'll add in the extras for free." Do you ask how much, or just swipe the stick, Jubilex?

• imageJubilex

As calmly as possible, I head over to the chair, take a seat. My eyes are still glued to her. No, I don't look at the price. It's worth it. She's worth it. Frag me, I'm on edge. All of the past lust rushing back.
  • With a thought, Aoife silences the music. Still in complete silence (except for the sound of your breathing), she reaches down to spread your knees apart with her hands, then stands in front of you, letting you drink in the sight of her nakedness. The slight hint of a well-remembered floral perfume tickles your nose. When this starts, her pelvis thrusts along with the bass, and she takes a step toward you with each measure until she's standing between your legs, her outer thighs pressing against the inside of yours.

The elf runs her hands down her own body slowly with a self-satisfied smile. She tweaks her already erect nipples, then continues down to her hips and then inward. With one finger, she traces the lips of her pussy. She holds the finger out to you to sniff or taste.

• imageJubilex

I adore every moment, there's a certain wonder to something bought and paid for. No need to worry about her pleasure, her thoughts and feelings. I lean my head forward and wrap my lips around that finger, twirling my tongue around to taste her. Frag me, she is every inch of ecstasy that I remember. She tastes sweeter.
  • Still swaying with the heavy beat, Aoife turns to face away from you. She bends from the waist, keeping her back straight, tracing her hands down the inside of her thighs. She pauses for a moment there, presenting her sex for you to savor with your eyes, then straightens a bit, bracing her hands on your knees and moving her ass back to grind against your crotch. "No one's watching. You can touch if you want. I know I'm going to."

• imageJubilex

I'll risk a troll's unkind touch for that. My hands slip from the arms of the chair to her hips, fingers touching her skin lightly, reverently. My cock is at full mast, so her grinding is met by that. I resist the urge to scope a hand around to her sex, to get some of her nectar for myself. Not yet. I have three songs.

I think I could frag her in that amount of time. I really think I could.
  • After a few more seconds of grinding, Aoife turns again, still swaying against your thighs, and leans down to place her cheek next to yours so that you can feel her breath. She stays there long enough for you to think she's about to whisper something, but instead she flicks her tongue out to tease your earlobe, then puts her hands on your shoulders and thrusts her chest forward to put those heavy, perfect breasts right in your face.

• imageJubilex

I didn't realize I was holding my breath in anticipation of her whisper until she flicked her tongue in my ear. It's electric, like shocks running from my ear across my face, my neck, down to my heart, along my back.

When she pushes her breasts into my face, I chuckle lightly, with surprise, delight. My mouth eagerly seeks a nipple, my hands reach down to grip her firm ass. I know there are many customers who get this same treatment. I know I'm one in a line.

Right now, I'm in the front of the line. I suckle greedily, hands kneading at her body, cock aching to be free, to feel her again.
  • The elf chuckles along with you, then inhales sharply when your mouth finds her nipples. As your hands and mouth continue to explore, her leg starts moving up and down, rubbing against your hardness with her knee and shin. Then, in a single graceful movement, she sinks to her knees and starts massaging your cock with her breasts. Her glowing eyes look up deeply into yours. "Do you think about me, baby? When you're off playing rentacop for the suits, do you think about me late at night in your lonely hotel room?" She leans back and starts rubbing you with her hand. "Do you touch yourself, Bennie? Like this?" She squeezes gently before moving her hands to undo the buckle on your belt.

• imageJubilex

"Aoife," I say as I look down at her between my legs, as she's rubbing me. "They should make a twelve step program for you. I've never kicked the habit." I adjust so she has all the access she needs for my buckle.
  • She keeps her eyes on you, expert hands loosening your belt without the need for visual guidance. "Sweetheart, there is no program for me. You're the only one that ever got away, and I knew you'd be back." The song stops, and she disengages, handing you a sweating bottle of champagne to open. "We've got a few minutes before your second song. Might as well have a glass of bubbly, no?"

• imageJubilex

Disengages. Frag me. I'm all hot and bothered, not thinking straight. I take the bottle from her, gently work at the top to open it with as cool as I can. I'll have to stand up to pour our glasses.

I'm secretly thankful for a moment to think. My cock is frustrated as hell, though. He wants to get out, then get in.
  • When you stand up to pour, Aoife considers the tent in your pants for a moment, then accepts the flute you offer her. Her sweet little landing strip of downy hair is already glistening with moisture, and her pupils are a bit dilated. She may do this for a living, but but she's clearly turned on right now. She rubs a finger along her pussy lips again, dipping inside for a moment, then dips it into her champagne before taking it down in a single gulp.

The elf gives you a mischievous look, and speaks in an 'innocent' tone. "I've been naked this whole time, Bennie. You're still wearing a tie. Sure you don't want to pay for the night?"

She's rolling Rapport, against your will.

(Rolled: 4dF+5. Total: 8. Rolls: +, 0, +, +)

• imageJubilex

I want to pay for the night, but I shouldn't.

Will:
    (Rolled: 4df+3. Total: 5. Rolls: -, +, +, +)
  • imageJubilex

I'll spend a FP to activate Recovering Simsense Addict. Part of me realizes this is a bad idea. That gives me a 7.
  • That's a plain Success for Aoife. Let's rule that you're So Very Tempted, and she's got one free Invoke on that. The next bit of narration is yours. I believe Aoife asked a question?

• imageJubilex

"I didn't plan on seeing you, Aoife." I say with a hint of regret. "I came by to chat with Jingzhen and she mentioned you were here. I thought you were long gone."
  • Aoife gives you that smile that's taken so long to forget. World-weary but so full of promise and remembered eros. She tugs your pants and Armani briefs down and gently pushes you back to the chair. This song starts to play. She turns and slides her ass down your chest, then starts moving it up and down along your full, hard length.

• edited May 2015
    imageJubilex

My hands grip her hips lightly, letting her move but feeling it with every inch of skin that I can. My entire body is burning now, carnal need. I want her.

I want her to want me. I'm looking

"Aoife, baby." I say huskily, "I'm not a suit anymore. Did you hear about someone called Jubilex lately, here in the barrio?" I'm trying to Create an Advantage, maybe impress her a little here.
  • imageJubilex

Rapport to Overcome:
    (Rolled: 4df+4. Total: 4. Rolls: +, -, 0, 0)
  • Aoife Rolls Defend (Will)

(Rolled: 4dF+0. Total: 0. Rolls: 0, +, -, 0)

• imageJubilex

It turns out Aoife has A Thing for Shadowrunners.
  • Of course she does. Of course she does. Who was it she cheated on you with, back when you were a "thing"?

• imageJubilex

His name is Zeropoint. He's a fraggin' runner, a damn good one. I hate him. More like jealous of him hate him, but still. Can't say we're rivals, since he works at a higher pay scale, or did before Motown.

This is a picture of him:
    Zeropoint
  • After a brief, involuntary flashback to walking in to Aoife's apartment (not in the barrio) to find her in media res with Zeropoint, we return to the current moment, where her cool, long fingers are reaching back to tickle your thighs and find your balls, while her ass still glides along you, increasing the friction with each stroke.

"You're running the shadows now? Is it... dangerous? Tell me a story."

Her fingernails tickle against your scrotum.

• imageJubilex

Eyes close, as if removing that one sense enhances the others. Damn, she's silk. She's everything I've tried to forget she was and more.

"Lots of my work has NDAs, but I'll tell you this much," I say as me hands grip her a bit more roughly. I'm aching to shove myself inside her, but this grind and tease is its own kind of amazing, too. "I went into Corktown. Killed a pack of demon rats, ducked from a few ghasts, even saw the ghost of someone who died during the Crash."
  • Aoife turns and sinks down to her knees again, her full lips quirked into a grin. "Money is one thing... danger is another thing altogether." Her tongue flicks out to lick the head of your cock. "Are you ready to show me some danger, Jubilex? There are bonus credits for that..."

• imageJubilex

Those lovely neon green eyes staring up at me over my cock. I would take her anywhere for more of this. "Aoife, I will show you all the danger you can handle. I'm not doing it here, of course. When are you out of work, so I can take you?"
  • "I'm an independent contractor... I can leave when I like. The two bottles paid my fare for tonight. What sort of danger do you have in mind?" She takes your cock in her mouth, all the way down her throat, then releases it with a pop. Looks up at you.

• imageJubilex

Oh.... oh damn. Velvety mouth, so wet and warm. my body had forgotten heaven. My eyes swim for a second and I try to regain some composure.

As confidently as I can manage, I answer, "I'll take you to Corktown, and we'll fuck like animals among the ghosts and the monsters." Then I'll reach my hand down to stroke her ear. I'm not some john, Aoife. "I've gotten more than three songs worth. Leave with me now."
  • Aoife's eyes widen at that. She shifts your cock up so she can lick at your balls like a cat, then says, "Get your car... Jubilex." When she says your street name, her voice is husky, laden with sex. "I'll be out front in ten minutes."

• imageJubilex

My name has never sounded so good as it does coming from her lips. I stand and dress, then make my way back out of the VIP room.
  • The Door Troll gives you a look. In a deep, damaged voice, he says, "Have a good time, chummer?" He holds out a personal credstick scanner for you to swipe. Apparently it's time for that tip. I wonder how much of your walking-around money is left?

Let's see a Resources roll. The target is Good (+3). One way or another, you're getting out of there (mostly) intact. If you Succeed with Style, you have enough left to grab another bottle of champagne on the way out. If you Succeed, everything's copacetic. If you Tie, you're going to have to make some promise or concession. If you Fail, either you or the troll (I'll leave the choice to you) winds up hurt, and you won't be welcome here for some time to come.

• imageJubilex

(Rolled: 4df+2. Total: 1. Rolls: -, 0, 0, 0)
  • edited May 2015
    imageJubilex

Hrm, I'll spend a FP for Hero of the Barrio, which fits here, give myself a +2. Looks like a tie.

I look at the troll, give a smile and answer, "Definitely." I plug in a tip, then realize I brought my "walking around" credsitck, which has a hard limit. It isn't quite enough to leave him happy. "Chummer, you want me to put a word in with Varishka maybe? I think I can help you out."
  • The troll considers you, then nods. "Been aching when it rains recently. A lot. Getting older isn't for sissies, right?"

Let's fast forward 10 minutes. You've pulled your little coupe up out front, and shortly thereafter Aoife steps out in "civilian" clothes. Which for her are skin-tight leggings in a shimmering green high-tech fabric that she's "programmed" to match her eyes and a bustier in black leather that strains to contain her ample breasts. She's wearing high heeled leather boots that stretch up to just below her knees.

The elf slips into the car and immediately gives you a deep kiss that actually tingles like mild electric current across your tongue. (By actually, I mean actually. As in she's got some 'ware that lets her do that when she wants. That's new.)

• imageJubilex

I watch her move to the car, drinking in every movement. She's consumed my brain right now, and when she takes my mouth, gives me that shock, my heart thuds in my chest.

I turn to drive off, straining to keep my eyes on the road. I could engage auto-driver, but I need to keep my brain on something other than the pure carnal lust I have for Aoife.

"What are you doing with yourself, besides dancing?"
  • Aoife puts a hand on your thigh. "Small talk, Jubilex?" She's still enjoying saying that. She massages your thigh. "At a time like this?"

• imageJubilex

I give her a raised eyebrow, "Corktown is a little drive, Aoife. We can make small talk, for a minute or two." I give her a grin, seeing that maybe she wants to avoid something. "How's tricks?"
  • Why don't you give me a Rapport roll here, Jubilex, to Overcome whatever her resistance is to opening up a little.

• imageJubilex

Rapport her to death:
    (Rolled: 4df+4. Total: 5. Rolls: -, 0, +, +)
  • Rolling Will to defend

(Rolled: 4dF. Total: 1. Rolls: +, +, 0, -)
  • imageJubilex

At a stoplight, with a slight drizzle, I look over at her. "Aoife. C'mon, it's me. You know I actually want to know how you've been, even if you squashed my heart back then."

With my success, I think I have the boost, she trusts me.
  • edited May 2015

Okay, She Trusts You. That's good for one shot, when you need it.

Aoife sighs. "I've been mostly doing what I do, you know? But a guy I met back in the day, through Zeropoint, he's hired me for a few jobs. Mostly as a honeypot, getting married politicians or execs to make bad decisions, so he could blackmail them into doing things, I assume. Once, I killed someone for him. Fragged him, then slapped a patch on his neck." She gives you a weak smile. "At least he died happy, right?"

• imageJubilex

I kill people for money, too, no judgment from me. "I've killed people, too. It's part of the job." I give that a beat, so she can take it in. "You still doing that, or are you in any trouble?
  • Aoife says, "Trouble is literally my middle name. Seriously. Aoife Fadhb Ó Ceallacháin. So, technically, my last name means 'trouble,' too, loosely."

• imageJubilex

I chuckle low as I pull away from the stoplight and pick up speed. "Ah... I see. So, I'll be "in trouble" pretty soon then. Right?" I'll let her off the hook for now, but I do want to make sure she's alright. If only to make sure there might be another chance at an encounter.

And no, I'm not even thinking of a relationship. Friends with benefits, tops. Too many entanglements broke me last time.
  • Aoife reaches her hand a bit farther to squeeze your cock... again. "You bring that out with ghosts watching? I'll blow your mind, cowboy. BLOW... YOUR... MIND. You'll be 'in Trouble' in so many ways, you'll be looking backwards and forwards at the same time."

• imageJubilex

Lucky for me I keep those talismans from Lindo handy. After a bit more flirting and heavy petting from Aoife, I slow the coupe down as we enter Corktown. I drop my headlights to the dimmest setting, the city is so quiet here. "This is it, Aoife. Corktown."

As we head for a place to park where I can drive away when we're done, I look over at her neon green eyes, "Did you ever come here before the Crash?"
  • She shakes her head, but contradicts the gesture. "Not much reason to, except for Irish food, which isn't exactly a 'destination' thing. Soggy cabbage and over-boiled corned beef. And potatoes. POTATOES. Still and all... it used to be okay." She looks over at you with those eyes. "Why are you still talking? Not ready to pull the trigger? You promised me sex and danger."

• imageJubilex

I park the car, turn off the engine, and let it sit idle, let the quiet creep in. The lights from the dashboard show me her body, and I'm adjusting the seat and reaching for her with my hands. No more words, lips and then tongue. Kisses, fiery and insistent, on her lips, then her eyes, down her cheek to her neck. I'm going to peel those clothes off her.

I don't want to seem like I'm rushing, but being here, remembering the fragging things we fought, it adds some spice to this, for sure. Plus, I've been aching for this for almost an hour now, maybe longer.
  • Aoife plays along for a moment, but pulls away and opens her door, then traipses out into the night. She only manages to get a few yards away, when the shadows engulf her. You can make out her outline, sort of. What do you do?

• imageJubilex

What will they put on my tombstone, I wonder?

I grab the talismans, step out of the car, from my side. I'll walk over to join her. I could sprint out of here. I'm pretty sure I could.
  • You could, for sure, but could you pull Aoife out, as well?

The shadows are shadows, of course, but beyond the literal they've got a vague shape. You recognize them as incubi, not fully formed, but driven by sexual energy. As you follow, they loosen Aoife's clothing with, what? Talons? Deft fingers working at the fastenings? A shadow fixes on her right nipple, and she arches her back in ecstasy and pain, releasing a moan that ends up as a scream.

• imageJubilex

Damn, she drew them to her like honey draws flies. I call out to Aoife as I approach, "Do you want them to stop?" I'm closing on her. The talismans will help us.

There's a part of me, a dark part of me, that wants to just bend her over and take her, along with the ghosts.
  • As you draw closer, the half-formed ghosts dissipate, leaving Aoife panting, bare breasts heaving, and staring at you with her mouth half-open. She holds out her hands, imploring, wanting.
  • imageJubilex

I walk up to her, grab her up in my arms and carry her back towards the car. A foot short, I drop her to her feet, facing the hood, then push her hands onto the hood, start stripping her. "The ghosts and I are going to take you now, Aoife." The time for play is over. I'm fraggin' her as soon as I can, as hard as I can.
  • You manage to get the leggings off without tearing them, finish removing the bustier, and Aoife's leaning there against the hood of your car in only her leather boots. Shadows have begun to flit around again, making her tattoos seem to move as they caress her skin. She shivers and moans.

As you pull off your pants, a breeze or a ghost whispers along your thighs, stirring the tiny hairs like a feather.
  • imageJubilex

I pull my pants down enough to free my cock, then move up behind her. "Aoife, these ghosts want to devour you almost as much as I do." I bend down and snake a hand around to stroke her clit as I let my hardness rub against one of the firm globes of her ass.

This is already epic.
  • Aoife's moaning increases in volume and intensity. She's sopping wet, grinding back and forth between your finger and the stiff length of you along her ass. The shadows become hands on her breasts, a tongue on your balls, a tickle along your earlobe. Husky, almost without control, she begs, "Now?"
  • imageJubilex

It takes what little control I have left, but I hold back, pull my fingers away from her sex, and say in a strict tone, "Ask nicely."
  • Aoife whimpers, shadows trailing up and down her spine. Her voice is shaky, but she ekes out, "Please?" The smell of sex is everywhere and you start to feel ghostly fingers tugging at the buttons on your shirt.
  • imageJubilex

"There, that wasn't so hard." I say as I put my hands on her shapely hips and line myself up. As I push myself into her wetness, I chuckle an evil little chuckle, "This is, though." Ghosts and fingers and I will frag her hard and fast. I know she's "on the pill", so I'm not holding back.
  • Ghostly hands make quick work of your tie and the buttons on your shirt, a breeze turning into lips on each of your nipples, sliding down your body to become a tongue licking at your spine, your balls, your ass, as you thrust into Aoife again and again. Your energy is giving them more solidity, dimming the influence of the talisman, and you soon hear ecstatic moans by the dozens whispering in your mind. Aoife must be experiencing the same multitude of stimuli, because she's slamming her hands on the hood of the car and writhing with almost seizure-like force. You soon learn that apparently she's had more than one new upgrade since you were together, as a light, tingling electric shock runs up your cock.

Aoife has always lived for pleasure, and now she's getting it in waves and waves of pure sensation. Her first orgasm begins with your third deep stroke, and the cries of it ring out against the ruined buildings of Corktown. I wonder what might be listening?
  • imageJubilex

Demon rats. Horrid things from the unknown. All the things that go bump in the night.

Panting as I continue pulling out, then shoving myself back into her, "Keep it down to a dull roar... or we'll attract more than ghosts, Aoife." Of course, as I say this, I'm leaning back a bit to slide my thumb across the rim of her ass.
  • There's no way Aoife's going to be quiet, or even be quieter than she is now. I mean, there are ways, but do you intend to stop and gag her? She just rides one orgasm after another and cries out with each. The shadows gain more weight. The tongue in your ass feels more like a tongue. In the distance, you hear the deep boom of a drum.

• imageJubilex

Frag it. I want to hit an orgasm, too. Easier to run without a hard-on anyways. I really liked my coupe.

I tweak the rim of her ass for a minute, then lean forward and drop sweat on her arched back. With rough hands, I grip one of her hips, one of her breasts, and just frag her, heedless of anything but the sensations, the feelings, the ecstasy of the familiar and the foreign, the delight and the terror, and I frag her for all I'm worth.
  • edited May 2015

Your excitement raises and raises, but doesn't peak. You know that moment, when you're just about to cum, but it hasn't happened yet? The ghosts are keeping it there. It's like Zeno's Paradox. You've travelled half the distance to your orgasm, then half the remaining distance, then half that, and on and on, but even though you feel the exquisite pleasure/pain of being on the verge, you haven't made it yet. These ghosts are feeding on the energy of your sexytimes, and they're not done yet.

If you're not enjoying yourself any more, Jubilex, we can call this an Overcome action. It's going to take some Will to manage to bust your nut, given the fact that you've got ghostly tongues and fingers everywhere, doing their best to keep you right there. Let's say you're rolling against a Great (+4) difficulty.

• imageJubilex

I am definitely enjoying this. It's almost sensory overload. However, there's a small part of my brain that realizes we could die out here, so it needs to end soon.

Let's see how strong that small part of my brain is:
    Overcome with Will
    (Rolled: 4df+3. Total: 5. Rolls: 0, +, +, 0)
  • Aoife pants and moans, and you're So Very Tempted to keep going, despite the hazards. That's a +6 total for the ghosts, and I'll toss you a Fate Point on that temptation to make it a +8.

• imageJubilex

I pull out, my cock waving in front of me as greedy hands grab Aoife and flip her onto her back on the hood. I quickly rejoin her, spearing into her wetness again, now facing her, my mouth diving for hers, eyes looking on her.

The flesh is weak. I take the FP.
  • edited August 2015

At this point, things get fuzzy. Your recollections later (if you survive this) will be something like...

the drums grow louder, and you hear the sound of horns, something primal that shoots shivers up your spine that you can't identify even Aoife gives a whimper of fear rather than pleasure

the ghostly tongue licking your ass becomes more solid, more insistent it feels good

Aoife starts crying out in a language you've never heard before not gaelic, not any of the metahuman languages, or anything you know it sounds like an invocation or an ecstatic prayer

red eyes, beady and small and low to the ground dozens, if not more

the horns approach

Finally, finally, you achieve your orgasm in a rush that almost knocks you out. It's the strongest, hardest, best (?) ever, and you pump load after load into Aoife. It goes on for what feels like hours, but must be only seconds, right? When you finally open your eyes, the incubi (the sex ghosts) are arrayed around you in something like a phalanx, more solid than ever and facing outward against the threats.

• imageJubilex

I'm covered in sweat, my cock's covered in Aoife and cold in the night air. At some point I fell to the ground, gravel and dirt on my side. I'm panting. If I could just keep fragging, I think I would. But my balls are empty and I'm spent. I need to get us the hell out of Corktown now.

I hope she's satisfied. For now.

I'm grabbing a handful of clothes and pushing myself to my feet, staggering over to grab Aoife. I want to carry her to the coupe if I can. If I can get out of here with my car, that would make this night pretty much perfect. Walking home naked from Corktown seems like a drek way to finish off.

"Aoife, we're leaving." I say as I move.
  • As you get to your feet, you see the source of the drums and horns charging up. Arrayed on spectral black horses, six dark figures loom out of the darkness. Each carries an ancient-looking hunting musket slung over its back, with long knives strapped to their sides and something like a lasso or whip in the hand not holding the reigns.

Aoife whimpers, drawing your attention. She is literally glowing with some sort of inner energy, even more beautiful than ever, if that's possible.

One of the huntsmen speaks in low, hollow voice. Human, you may leave. The elf will be more than sufficient quarry for our hunt tonight.

• imageJubilex

I take a moment, not responding out loud, so I can throw on my pants. Wouldn't make sense to fight some ghosts or demons in the buff. "I'm sorry, we didn't come here to be hunted. We're just tourists." I look for my talisman, make sure it's close. I wonder if my guns would work on them?
  • The incubi are still arrayed in a rough semicircle between you and the Hunt, but you have the distinct sense that they won't be much more than a brief distraction. Aoife makes her way to her feet, still glowing, and faces the hunters. Her voice is different when she says, "You should go, runner. This is old and dangerous. You are no match."

One of the hunters raises his horn to his lips and the call rings out sharp and painful and sphincter tightening. Aoife tenses as if to begin running.

• imageJubilex

"Aoife," I say, snatching up the rest of my drek, heading for the car door, opening it as soon as I get to it. "We can both run."
  • One of the hunters swings his lasso around in two tight circles, then tosses it out toward Aoife. It seems like smoke in the darkness, reaching out for her, and you expect that it will fall across her shoulders and tighten, but with even more than her usual dancer's grace, she slips aside and runs. Into Corktown. Naked, wearing only her high leather boots. As she vanishes into the night, you could swear you see the outline of shimmering silver antlers... The Hunt turns to follow, six horns blowing in unison.

In seconds, all is quiet, except for the chittering of rats and the low breeze pushing around the debris of this long-dead neighborhood. The incubi dissipate, flowing as shadows to follow the Hunt and Aoife. Perhaps they can help, somehow.

What do you do?

• edited May 2015
    imageJubilex

I watch her go. That. Was weird. I watch her go, my body shivering from the cold as the adrenalin energy leaves me. I fold up her clothes neatly, leave them somewhere nearby where the rain won't ruin them. Then, I get in my car and go.
  • You. Get. Out. You're drained from the sex and the tension, and I imagine you're more than a little freaked out as you drive out of Corktown. Where are you going?

• edited May 2015
    imageJubilex

I'm headed to Lindo's. I'll call when I get cloer.
  • You're in Lindo's apartment. He offers you a seat and hands you a cup of the strong, bitter coffee he makes. "You seem shaken, Jubilex. What happened?"

• imageJubilex

"I've done something really stupid, Lindo." I say as I take a drink of the coffee, swallow it down. "I ran into an old girlfriend. An elf girl named Aoife. We ended up in Corktown, on a moronic dare. Some wild hunters came after us, and she turned... well, hell, Lindo. I think she turned into a stag or something."
  • imageLindo

Lindo opens his mouth to say something, then closes it. He blinks a few times.

"Son, I have to say this once, then we'll get on with figuring out what to do. You... are a fragging idiot. What precisely did you plan on doing in Corktown?"

He stands up and walks slowly to a shelf full of old books, takes one down, and starts flipping through, ignoring you for a moment.

• imageJubilex

I give him my most miserable look. "I didn't plan drek. I took her there and fragged her brains out. Some... sex spirits or something fed off us, probably her more than me since I had the talisman. They tried to protect us when the wild hunters came. She told me to go and took off running, had some weird light around her, like a nimbus of energy. That's when I saw the antlers, silver antlers on her."
  • imageLindo

Lindo shakes his head in amazement. "This is a world of hurt. They could be some other fey having a costume party, I suppose, but if they really are some part of The Hunt, you need to evaluate whether a rescue mission even makes sense. Sounds like maybe she's got some juju on her side, but it's still more likely that she's dead than not, by now."

• imageJubilex

I nod, knowing he's probably right. "If I gave you something of hers... you think you could find out if she's still alive?"
  • imageLindo

"It would be a fairly serious working, given Corktown, but I can do it." He looks at you intently. "Are you sure you want to know?"

• imageJubilex

I hold his gaze, realizing this is a big ask. "I... I do, Lindo. All the expenses are on me. And I owe you. Big time."
  • imageLindo

He grunts with a slight shake of his head. "Okay, give me what you've got of hers. Papa Legba's going to want cigars and rum. Good cigars and better rum. You better be ready to negotiate, since time's a factor." Lindo peers at you. "To do this, you have to know it won't be me talking to you. Papa Legba will be riding me. It's all about you and the loa, so don't frag it up."

• imageJubilex

I listen. I nod. I feel worried, sick with it. Guilty, too. I'll deal with that later. "I can't leave her out there, Lindo. Whatever it takes."
  • Moving to New Scene