[Junk XIII] Hecklers and Such (K 5.5, S 5.7)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

You're well into you second hour of the impromptu concert you and Hump are holding for your Dad. The music is flowing out of both of you, and VB is dancing along. Your dad is keeping time with his foot, rapping it gently against the end of the bed. Hell, even Jemma sings along on the few she knows. A few of the less sick folks, a guy limping in an ugly hospital gown and an older woman pushing her IV along on a stand with wheels, they come near enough to listen, smiling along. Even Weetabix, who probably came by to tell Ollie to rest, she stops and listens for a little before wheeling over another patient closer to listen in.

What music are you playing when you hear the gunshots from the front of the infirmary, Kiddo?

Comments

• I was playing an old world song by a girl named Kate Walsh. I like it because it's slow, and it doesn't make me move my bad shoulder too much. Hump and Vee were dancing around the room playfully, but I stop suddenly when I hear the gunshot and pick up my pack from the ground...

"Shit..." I turn back to the group, and hold my hand out. "Stay put! I'll be right back." I've got Ma's pistol out at the ready when I finally make it out of there.
  • Jemma's right behind you, she's got a pistol of her own. She barks, "Hump, Vee, keep these folks safe." She's right behind you.

You hear three more shots before you make it through the two sets of double doors to the Entry / Triage area. There are five armed folks in the area by the lift. A pair of stocky guys are watching the door to Brig Security, which you can't quite see right now. There's another guy, older, looks like a dock worker, he's holding his bloody shoulder, he's been shot. The fourth is a woman in his thirties, she's actually clean, sort of pretty, a fading beauty. Last guy is older, long white hair, wearing a nice flak jacket. You think he's part of the security force.

She sees you first, and starts spraying and praying with an uzi, throwing bullets past you as you both duck down behind a counter, tearing up the walls behind you. There's screaming from back in the infirmary, poor Weetabix is trying to get people into a panic room or somesuch.

What do you do?
  • Frakking shit! "Everybody calms the frak down now, or I'm going to waste all of you!"
  • Here's the general layout of things:
    Infirmary attack

The red dots are the folks attacking. The green dots are you, Jemma, and probably Mamba.

The white-haired guy, he pulls the dock worker back, and pushes the lady forward so she moves out of the line of fire, like herding cats. These guys are not effective combatants, just him, "We just want Zero! Nobody else will get hurt!" He fires off a couple shots your way, to keep you honest.

If you're Going Aggro here, roll it.
  • Yeah, no. They can have my Ma' over my dead frakking body.

OOC: Going Aggro. Roll+Cool* (Ice Cold). +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 2, 2. Total: 7)
  • edited November 2013
    The woman yells back, "You've got guns, WE got guns! We're taking that woman out of here. She's gonna pay!"

They're going to take cover, Kiddo. After they wait out a few rounds of fire, the woman with the uzi starts peppering the door of the Brig Security room with fire. They're going to try and make a push for it right here and now.

What do you do?
  • I jump behind some cover, and yell back to them, "For frakking what? Being under the control of a gods damned mind frakker? That's my frakking Ma' in there! Stop frakking shooting, and let's frakking talk!"
  • "Does that give her some kind of special rights? That she's your ma?" one of the stocky guys calls back. "That bitch sat there chuckling while Branigans tore my brother's mind apart. Send him off into the scrub, begging someone to hurt him!"

"She's a frakkin ice queen!" The woman calls back. She fires a couple wild shots. Jemma's crawling up like a snake trying to get to the foyer. Kiddo, they're moving around to rush Mamba. They're going to push forward right now.

What do you do?
  • "That frakker tore her mind apart you stupid frak! You think I put a bullet in that frakker's head because he treated her like gold?"

DAMN IT!

I pull out the boomstick, and load it up. Gods damn it... Baby, I'm so sorry... Mommy doesn't want to do this!

I'm going out shooting.
  • Jemma's up, running beside you, smart enough to stay clear of a shotgun blast, but still close by to draw some fire, if needed.

Oh and by the way, the lift door is opening

What are your intentions here, Kiddo?
  • My intentions are to secure the frakking brig, right the frak now! Or take it from them, if they get there before me.
  • Here's an updated layout of things:
    Infirmary attack 2

The two dark green at the top are Kiddo and Jemma.
    The five light green are Stitch, Audi, Santiba, Chunky and Whopper.
    The five red are the attackers.
    The dark green at the bottom is Mamba.

Roll a Seize by Force here, Kiddo.

Stitch, you come into this mess, Kiddo and Jemma charging some folks you don't exactly recognize who are charging the brig. If you want to help Kiddo, tell me how and roll to help.
  • Frak you Branigans. Frak you for making me doing this...

OOC: Seize by force. Roll+hard.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 5, 4. Total: 10)
  • OOC:
    • I take definite hold of it.
    • I impress dismay or frighten my enemy.
    • I suffer little harm.
  • I let the others out of the lift first, taking cover.
  • Seeing their push forward, Mamba slams the door shut, trapping these fools in the hall.

You and Jemma rush them right as Audi and Whopper charge from the other side. Chunky takes up a position and covers them, while Santiba stays in front of Stitch while firing off a few shots.

It's a bloodbath. Whopper hacks one guys hand in half when he throws it up to try and defend himself. You and Jemma light up the woman with the uzi and the guy who has already been shot once. The other stocky guy drops to the ground in fear. Only the white-haired guy is still standing, and that's because of his vest and the fact he seems like a tough old bastard.

Stitch, who was the casualty on your side?
  • Audi took a bullet in the head- the blood spattered on Santi's face- and he went down.
  • I don't care who the casualty was right now. I've got the boomstick in the old man's face, "you stupid frakking bastard. You think you're the only frakking person in the whole frakking world that Branigans hurt? You think because you're hurting that other people should hurt too? I would have let you all walk! I would have tried to make up for your pain! Now what? Now you're just a frakking bloodstain on the gods damned deck plating. What the frak do you have to say for yourself?"
  • edited November 2013
    The white-haired guy, Moen, he looks like this:
    Moen

He just stares at you for a moment, not answering.

Stitch, you get a glimpse at him, he's one of them, the ones Branigan's frakked up. Then Moen brings up a grenade, he just pulled the pin. He's smiling at you, Kiddo.

Kiddo, give me an Act Under Fire for the gang. On a 10+, they'll be hurt, but survive. On a miss, 4-Harm across the board.

Stitch, the lift door is already closing. You can expose yourself to the Harm and help Kiddo, or take cover.

What do you do?
  • OOC: Acting Under Fire to save the girls. Roll+cool. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 3, 3. Total: 9)
  • I run out of the lift and push anyone in between me and Kiddo out of this hall area.

OOC: Help Kiddo incoming.
  • OOC: Help Kiddo. Roll+sharp (professional compassion). +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 1, 2. Total: 6)
  • Moen screams, "Now you're all frakking bloodstains on the frakking plating!"

Kiddo, you turn to run, and Jemma is right behind you, pushing you forward towards the Triage area. The explosion hits hard, throws her into you, her back filled with shrapnel. Take 1-Harm AP from the blast.

Stitch, you run in and grab Chunky and the next person, which turns out to be Santiba, and try to push them along to the lift. Its clumsy and awkward, but you get them in there and try to follow. Metro tries to close the doors behind you, but you weren't fast enough, he had to hold it for too long. The concussive force slams into your back, your legs, throwing you into the back wall. You take 4-Harm from the blast. Apply any Armor you might have been wearing.

Frakkin Whopper, turns out the girl can beat feet when she's properly motivated. She ends up with some hearing loss, but she yells most of the time anyways.

That brig security door is slagged. Mamba's ears may never stop ringing. The lift needs major repair now, it is non-functional for a while. Folks will be using the stairs for access.

What do you do?
  • OOC: Stitch is wearing her 1 armor vest since she thought she'd be dealing with Bran's leftovers, so she takes 3-harm. She's at 9 o'clock.
  • I hit the ground on my bad shoulder hard, and scream out in pain... It hurts like a frakking bitch. My ears are ringing, and I think my arm might be broken — but nothing hurts quite so bad as when I roll over and see the mess that Gramma's in... My eyes fill with tears and I force myself to sit up, accidentally pushing off with my busted up arm — that was a mistake I won't be repeating.

"Gramma?" I whisper shakily, "Gramma, say something!" I brush some bloody hair out of her face, and I look up to Chunky, desperately and scream orders at her. "Get Janco, NOW! And get every frakking girl up here for guard duty on the frakking double!"

I cradle Gramma's head in my lap, leaning forward to give her a kiss, "We're gunna take care of you Gramma. Stay with me, OK? Stay with me Gramma! You've gotta meet your great-grandkid! Just stay with me, OK?"
  • edited November 2013
    I hit the back of the lift and hang there for the longest moment of my life. The vest helped my upper back, but I can tell the backs of my legs are badly burned. I fall backwards but somehow end up on my side, half in-half out of the lift. I'm seeing stars. I hope Kiddo and her baby are alright. If I die from this I won't be able to stitch her up anymore...

I'm fading fast. My ears are ringing. Probably a concussion, too... "Met... Metro? I love you." Just in case...
  • --END SCENE--