[DVFP] Stick a Finger in Ziggy's Eye (G 2.1, M 2.1)

edited December 2016 in aw2e-dvfp
image

Motley,
Did Marigold make it back to you last night? What did you do this morning before meeting up with the crue and 'Zons? Besides Motorhead, who did you make stay back at The Irons, and why?

Gigg,
Gigg, where did you end up sleeping. When you woke up, Pops was askew, like somebody moved him to look at you. What did you do about that?
«1

Comments

  • edited December 2016
    image

    Marigold did make it back. It was nice after the day it had been. I spent time talking about what she saw back at the pass and why it was necessary even if it was violent.
    We talk as late as she feels willing to talk, then we go to bed.

    I wake up rested after a good night's sleep. I dress ready for the days events and go talk to Dokken, away from the crue. I make it clear that I would like him to be there if he feels up to it. I understand if he is too sore to make it, I will not think less of him.

    Then I make it to the common area, enjoy my breakfast as I wait for the crue to wake up for the day.
  • Somehow I managed to tolerate the sing-a-longs and dancing and revelry. The most disturbing of them being Motley's machismo-laced bravado of "We Ain't Gonna Take It". Well, he sure took it earlier in the morning. Took it like a pro. Hehe. I just shook my head through that whole song. It's gonna take more than songs to fug Ziggy, and he had the nerve to ask me if I could handle myself. Thus far I'm unimpressed. We'll see what the day brings.

    Eventually, I just nodded off in the booth back in the corner of Diamond, and I guess I ended up sleeping there all night. I pretty much sleep wherever I want, and no one really ever wakes me up and tells me to move along. But I usually have the sense to find someplace all to myself.

    But someone messed with Pops while I was sleeping! Is this how's its gonna be? I grab my shite with the intention of blowing this joint wide open. It was a mistake to think I can ride with a bunch of cowboys. Cowboy is as cowboy does. But if I blow this place, I want a pound of flesh as I walk out the door.

    I pull out my broken shard of a mirror, and look in to it. Pops? Did you see who fugged with you while I was sleeping? I'm sorry I didn't find a quiet lonely place like a I know to do. It won't happen again. Tell me who did it and how to make it right?
  • edited December 2016
    OOC: Norman. seeking the advice of the mask. Roll+weird.
    ( (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 8) )
  • edited December 2016
    image

    Gigg,
    Gigg-Header-02
    In his gravelly, stern voice, Pops answers, "The crapbrown haired dirty one in the hood. One of the 'Zons, she stole a look at you. You need to put her down, son. She has an agenda."

    Gigg, you know Pops means Lala, one of the girls in Last's gang. She's always watching you closely. She must've decided to take a peek. Right now she's with the other 'Zons in the bar, eating some food before heading out to prep their bikes.
  • image

    Motley,
    The crue is up early, Sis has been kicking ass and taking names getting them motivated. Dokken scowls when you approach and heads past you, towards the shaft, muttering about how nothing's gonna hold him back.

    As you come out into the morning sun, Last comes over to you.
    "Listen, I'm holding Brace Win back. Dokken can ride her bike, but if he gets it trashed, he owes her. Fair?" She opens up the breach on her pistol-gripped double barrel shotgun and drops a couple shels in, then snaps it closed with a practiced twisted of her wrist.
  • A chick? I look over a Lala sitting at the bar with some of the other Amazons, and I feel some of my rage draining away. They clearly were up late and drank alot, but seem all business this morning as they get their heads right for serious and dangerous work. What the blazes, Pops? Put down a woman for looking under the mask? WTF?

    I get a good grip on my hockey stick, and stare at Lala from across the room. Oh my hockey stick? Yeah, about that little thing. I took an auger to the shaft and bore it out, back-filled it with molten lead and let it cool and set. Then I fab'ed a metal sleeve around the shaft, welded a ball-bearing the size of your fist on the handle end, and then taped up the metal shod shaft to improve the grip and keep you from burning the shite out of your hand during a scorcher. It might look like a hockey stick, but its a snogging metal and lead pipe designed to break bones.

    As I stare at Lala, once again I see flashes of the green-haired bus driver and the gray-and-black haired woman in the back with the borax. What's Pops got against girls? I shake my head. I'm not beatin' down a girl. That's not how this day starts. Not this time, Pops. I ain't puttin' her down, and that's just a pipe you're gonna have to smoke.
  • OOC: Act Under Fire, roll+cool, for not doing what the mask wants
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 6, 1. Total: 8)
  • image

    Gigg,
    Last heads out with Motley and the rest of the 'Zons are walking out, too. Lala is walking with Brace Win, gives the wounded girl a quick side hug, then heads off. She passes by you, then looks up (she's over a head shorter than you).

    You feel your hands clench into fists. Gigg, you've got -1 Ongoing dealing with Lala and the Zons (they're tight) until you "get right" with Pops. How do you normally do that?
  • image

    Inwardly I smile as Dokken walks by, proud he pushed through the pain.
    There might just be a chance for him yet.

    I am in the middle of my considering how to help Dokken more when Last walks up.

    "Sounds fair...

    "Hey Last, hope there not any hard feelings about the meetup with Preen at the roadblock yesterday. I didn't want to spook Weeny Preen and 'Sis is my Sergeant-at-arms. She knows our whole crue and how they needs to fight. It wasn't nothing personal against you and yours. As we learn how to fight together more it will be easier. Today is the start of that. You know your girls and their strengths so work with 'Sis to make sure you get your best people in the right spots."
    I un-holster my magnum and remove the clip, make sure its full that shove it back in. "Blazes, I trust you, its just easier to have one voice shoutin' orders in the fight. Know what I mean. "

  • image

    Motley,
    Last huffs a laugh, "Mot, I trust you to keep yours in line. My girls and I will tag along, and you call the shots. Until you fug up, then I'll let you know. The way it works is you tell me, I tell them." She shrugs, "You don't tell them what to do, I do. If you put my girls in danger, we motor. Until then, we're allies. Fair?"
  • Getting right with Pops? Yeah, that basically involves me apologizing and eventually doing what he says. It's not like Pops ever backs down, compromises, or changes his mind. Getting right with Pops is just me ending my attempt at defiance. Pop always knows best.*

    Still fuming from having my privacy violated and still fuming at the way Pops wants me to handle it, I follow the gangs out of the Irons and into the warm morning sun. It's a long walk down past the blockade to where swagman waits outside the road block, and I'm gonna have to deal with all the stares of Ziggy's crew as well, unspoken goads so they'll have an excuse to gun me down. All the Amazons know what happened last night which is its own subtle and silent type of goad.

    Without a word to anyone, I stare straight ahead and briskly and sternly walk towards the roadblock. I swear if any one of Ziggy's crew says a fugging thing, I'll probably unload and beat his body to an unrecognizable pulp.


    *"Hush now, baby, baby, don't you cry
    Mama's gonna make all of your nightmares come true
    Mama's gonna put all of her fears into you
    Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing
    She won't let you fly but she might let you sing
    Mama's gonna keep baby cozy and warm

    Ooh, babe, ooh, babe, ooh, babe
    Of course Mama's gonna help build the wall

    Hush now, baby, baby, don't you cry
    Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you
    Mama won't let anyone dirty get through
    Mama's gonna wait up till you get in
    Mama will always find out where you've been
    Mamma's gonna keep baby healthy and clean

    Ooh, babe, ooh, babe, ooh, babe
    You'll always be a baby to me"
  • image

    Ziggy's people let you pass without any trouble, wary, guns raised, but they have their toll. Preen asks you if you know anything about the driver in the Fipper car. What do you say?
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I make a point to look off in the direction Preen indicates. "That has to be Cinch.' then look back at Preen directly in his eyes. "How the Fug should I know who is driving a Fipper car. Why don't you get off your duft and check your own damn self, you Chum."
    I throttle the bike a few times, staring daggers at Preen, then keep moving with the flow of the crue.
  • edited December 2016
    image

    "Ziggy won't like those words, Motley." Preen warns. "I think you better apologize. Or your toll's been revoked, and you'll need to pay again."

    He's pushing you on this, Motley. While you and yours are even numbers with Ziggy's forces here, you're right in the middle of them, which means you lose the advantage of your bikes.

    Gigg, you hear this. That machine gun turret is aimed right the fug at you.

    What do you do?
  • I feel the sights of the 50-cal machine gun following my every step, but I ignore it. Just like I'm ignoring more of that We're Not Gonna Take It banter from Mot and Preen.

    Just outside the block I turn around to watch and see how Motley handles himself, and I'm thinking if that turret forgets about me, I might just make a run at taking it...
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I look to Preen as if he is not worth my time, as he says I must apologize my look changes from apathy to rage. I have had enough if this playing around, this trying to play nice to keep the body count low. This place doesn't seem to want to allow me to play nice.

    "Preen, you son-of-a-Chum, you listen carefully to me. I don't apologize to no one that's not my crue. I aim to ride through this pass. You get to choose how that happens. See I paid my toll already and if you revoke access, then you owe me 1 barter. And I get to kill my way through the pass." I look around my crue as I continue to speak, "Can I be honest with you Preen. My crue has been itchin' for a tussle. Sure blood will get spilled but we're used to that. Are you? 'cuz if we have to fight we will spill a lot of blood. You of course will be the first. So I ask you" I lean in close and speak almost at a whisper, "can we fuggin pass?"
  • Roll +hard (highlighted) (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 2. Total: 8)
    go aggro

  • image

    Gigg,
    Are you Reading a Sitch here?
  • Yes, read a sitch, roll+sharp
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 5, 3. Total: 8)
  • image

    Preen looks at you for a long moment, Motley. Then he looks away, to the other men, couple women in the crew. "Ziggy is gonna be pissed. Which means The Fat Man will be pissed. You've been to Depot, right? Seen his two whole buildings full of men? They will wipe out the crue. Mark my words."

    Then he waves you on. What do you do?
  • What should I be on the lookout for?

    I've been keeping my eye on the turret but as I see Motley look to be growing a pair, I begin scanning all of Ziggys men and the crue to see if there's anything about to happen.
  • image

    Gigg, Preen looks like he's going to wait until Motley's just on the other side of the barricade, then he's going to open up on the crue, and the Zons, and use the trucks and cars as cover.
  • I move behind one of the cars for some cover of my own and pull out Chaz' machine pistol from my pants and stand overwatch of Motley.
  • image

    Gigg, Sounds good. Roll+Cool.
  • image

    "I think Ziggy gets pissed a lot. I did nothing wrong. YOU are the one that thinks he is important and tried to pull the plug on our deal. Maybe Fat Man moves on us, maybe he doesn't but stop being a little pup trying to piss with the big dogs." I wave to the crue to ride on and begin throttling forward. 'I will watch that little pup'
  • image


    The crue and the 'Zons ride slowly as Preen parts the blockade. There's an obvious tension as Dokken taunts one of the guys in the big truck, and Guns sneers and stares down a bunch of them. Preen whistles at his guys and they don't rise to the taunts.

    Gigg, you see that turret turning to line up on the crue as soon as the last guy, Whitesnake, gets on the other side of the barricade. They're going to unload.

    What do you do?
  • OOC: stand overwatch, roll+cool
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 8)
  • As I see the turret lining up Mot's crue, I catch Motley's eye and warn him with a hand signal about the impending ambush and then leap-slide over the hood of the car and make a run for the turret, banshee screaming at the top of my lungs*. My wrench is hanging off my belt using a carabinder, my hockey stick in one hand, and I'm unloading Chaz' machine pistol at the turret gunner as I'm running. As I get close to the van with the turret, I plant the fist-sized ball bearing end of the hockey stick into the sand and use it to vault into air with the intention of landing on top of the van. The clip on Chaz' machine pistol empties out as I'm in the apex of my vault at the turret gunner.




    OOC: triggering the move Rasputin
  • image



    Gigg, you charge back at the blockade, screaming and warning Motley. When you spray and pray at the chubster behind the turret, he squeezes off a few rounds, trying desperately to track you and nail you with a .50 cal bullet. You hear the bullets zip past, each one getting closer. Finally, one hits you in the chest, Gigg. But fug me you're still up. That armor of yours and something else is amazing (Take 0-Harm after armor and Rasputin, please roll the Harm move).

    The .50 cal's roar is deafening, and only the shuddering of the machine pistol tells you that you're actually firing it. You see the bullets rip into his right shoulder, then the right side of his chest, then the left shoulder. Red spray erupts behind him, and the fugger falls back.

    Motley, you catch that warning, and you were already leery, so you're able to do something before they all fire on your people, on your family. This gang's got cover, and they're about as big as the crue. This is going to be ugly. You could take off, right now, save most of your people. Or, you stand and fight, and some get an early release.

    What do you do?
  • OOC: Harm, roll+harm
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 5, 6. Total: 11)
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I growl in frustration, in anger, in mother fugging RAGE. I rev the throttle and spin my back wheel turning the bike in a 180. "Betrayal! Crue rev up and run over these fuggers! MAKE THEM BLEED!" I look for him for a moment before I find him. I draw my "PREEN ! I warned you." I ride straight for him as I draw my machete and aim to remove his worthless head from his shoulders.
  • image



    Motley, Dokken howls while Guns rides forward to take a wide turn (sidecar problems), with Rose turning and firing behind. The Zons turn with your crue and some of them are charging while others are trying for a drive-by. Preen's on his little dirt bike, and he's riding towards the cave mouth, to The Irons, drawing you away. Do you leave your gang behind for him?

    Sounds like your gang is Seizing the blockade by Force here, right? Let's see it.

    Gigg, the machine pistol jams up on you, something that will take some time to clear, might even be useless after. Your ears are ringing and the motorcycles are roaring, the bullets whizzing.

    What do you do?
  • By the time my boots land on the van, I've already thrown Chaz' machine pistol away. I've never had a thing for guns, anyway. Well, except for this belt-fed bad-ass with the smoking barrel on top of this van. I intend to take this turret and then lay down fire for Motley and his crue.
  • image

    I ride towards Preen, hot with rage, seeing red. I hear my crue shouting their battle cries, Dokken rings out over them all. I slam my bike to a sliding slop. I realize what he is doing. I am torn for what feels like an eternity but is likely mere seconds. "I will keep my promise Preen. Run for now but you cannot hide forever." I mumble to myself. Then turn around and re-join my crue. I marvel at the rhythm of their carnage. These are my people. I switch to my gun and lend aid where it is most needed.
  • Seize by force (roll +hard) (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 1, 2. Total: 5)
  • A miss - I choose to You inflict terrible harm (+1harm).
  • edited December 2016
    image


    Gigg, there's a mad scramble between you and three of Zigg's thugs, all trying to get to that turret. Let's see you Seize the turret by Force.

    Motley, as Preen zips away, you turn to the tumult of your crue in pitched battle. One of Zig's goons has a damn chainsaw and some bulky-as-hell armor. He was hiding in the van, and comes out, chainsaw buzzing, heading for Whitesnake. Snake is trying to draw out his pistol, but it's caught in his holster. Tesla's coming over with his big sword, but he won't make it in time.

    What do you do?

    Also, your gang is exchanging Harm with Zig's right now. You're doing 4-Harm to them. You're taking 2-Harm. Which two named NPCs die?
  • OOC: sieze turret by force, roll+hard (highlighted)
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 5, 2. Total: 9)
  • edited December 2016
    OOC: I'm using my big fugging monkey wrench (2-harm hand messy) to seize the turret by force.
    Exchange harm. On a 7–9, choose 2:
    • I inflict terrible harm (+1 harm).
    • I take definite and undeniable control of it.

    image
  • edited December 2016
    image


    Gigg, you clamber up the hood of the van when a rail-thin baldie in tripps, no shirt, swings a fuggin' aluminum bat at your back, once, twice. You barely feel it, like rain, before you backhand him with your wrench, sending him sprawling. When you get up on top, a guy with some messed up face paint and waaaay too much red lipstick, because seriously he cannot draw in the lines, he unloads a shotgun blast at you. But you are scary as fug and just keep on coming (Harm-3 minus 2 Armor, plus 1 Rasputin = Harm-0, roll it).

    How did you dispatch clownface?

    Third guy? He sees all this, sees you step behind the turret, and he drops down off the van and runs. Runs as hard as he can for The Irons.

    What do you do?
  • OOC: Harm, shotgun blast, roll+harm
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 5, 5. Total: 10)
  • image

    Gigg, That shotgun blast was worse than it seemed. Take 1-Harm AP (no roll).

    You're behind the turret, which is belt fed, cocked and ready to rock. You see the crue, Zig's goons, and yeah, you've got the Zons in your sights, and Pops... well, you hear him in your ears.

    Gigg-Header-02
    "Take her out, Son! Mow down that crapbrown haired one and three of four of Zig's all at once, nobody will know! "
  • Just another messed up dude in a mask, rhymin and stealin in the Scorch, I think to myself as the force of the shotgun blast knocks me back a step. Homemade shells, full of all kinds of bits of metal and glass and rock. That kind of shell won't penetrate armor very well, but it does chew it up, along with anything else that might be exposed.

    The exposed parts of my hands and forearms and legs are bloody from the shrapnel, but before I even think about what I'm doing, the wrench crashes down on the shotgun, separating stock from barrel. In almost one continuous motion, the wrench swings back up over my head and, like I'm bringing down a hammer to ring the bell at some side-show carnival, I bring the wrench down two-handed on the top clownface's skull.
  • I hear Pops calling for Lala's blood, but once the firefight lit up between Ziggy's gang and us, I had already decided she was gonna catch some friendly fire at some point. Maybe it's the blood, the adrenaline, the thrill and lust of it all that I get caught up in, or maybe I just have no resolve when it comes to standing up to Pops. Sooner or later, he gets his way. There's no talking him out of it. Drip, drip, drip like some faucet that never stops dripping, wearing away at you until you relent before it drives you mad.

    I quickly spot Lala, and sure enough just like Pops said, there three or four of Ziggy's scumbags bearing down on her. She won't survive them anyway, right? In some ways, I'm kinda doing her a favor by making this quick.

    "This is for takin' liberations with the mask..." as I line up Lala and Ziggy's boys and squeeze off a few well-aimed bursts.
  • image

    Gigg, With Pops guffawing in your ears, you unload hell on Lala and a few of Zig's gangers. She had a dagger stuck in the gut of one of them. If you want to make it look unintentional, then Act Under Fire. If you don't care, then the deed is done.
  • image

    I throttle up to close the distance, trying to line up the shot. I may not drop the fugging behemoth but I could distract him from Whitesnake. Then time seems to stop, out of my periphery. I see Guns & Rose riding around taking shots. That is when I see Guns head jerk back suddenly and he falls off the bike. I see Rose look in horror as he falls. She seems uncertain what to do. I dont have time to focus since time returns to its normal speed. 'Why did they have to swap rider and shooter today of all days.'
    I push my bike to get more speed out of it. I keep it below red-line but not by much, I need speed. Just beyond Whitesnake I see 'Sis fall. It happens so effortlessly that it seems unreal. One moment she is barking orders to Slayer & Jovi, one of the young ones in the group, the next moment she is shot in the chest by some random one of Ziggy's boys.
    My vision blurs slightly, I blink away the tears, "No time for that now Mot, now it is time to spill blood." I make a beeline towards the chainsaw goon, firing as soon as I am able to hit to draw his attention to me.*




    I am trying to defend, but it looks like lay down fire is the closest match
  • image
    Motley,
    Let's see how well you lay down fire.
  • image

    Lay down fire -roll +hard (highlight) (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 4. Total: 10)
  • Choose 3 :
    *You provide covering fire, allowing another character to move or act freely
    *You provide suppressing fire, denying another character to move or act freely. (If a PC, they may still act under fire.)
    *You take an opportune shot, inflicting harm (but -1harm) on an enemy within your
    reach


  • OOC: Act Under Fire to take out Lala on the down low, roll+cool
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 6, 4. Total: 11)
  • image


    Motley,
    You nail chainsaw guy with a couple shots, one in shoulder, the second in his neck. That bites deep, and blood pours off him, slowing him down. Tesla comes in, sword held high, two-handed, and he chops at chainsaw guy hard. Once. Twice. The bike helmet splits, and the guys falls.

    Things have broken into a dozen small fights. Most of the crue is off their bikes, except for Rose leading three others in a circle around the cars. She's cursing up a storm and firing a machine gun one-handed while riding.

    Last and Krin have busted their way into the hatchback of a car and they're lighting it up.

    Dokken runs over to grab that chainsaw and bellows in anger and hate, swinging it and running at the fugger with the pink mohawk. Zig's group's lost. They're broken and trying to GTFO.

    Motley, how bloodthirsty are you? Are you going to let the pack run wild here, decimate them to a man?

    Gigg,
    When the first bullet tears through Lala's shoulder, the arm she was using to gut somebody with, it spins her a bit. She hits the ground, looking up in terror at the muzzle flash. Or is it you that she sees? Doesn't matter. It's all red now, blood and bullets and the blur of shell casings flying up in the right corner of your eye. You mow down three men before anyone has a chance to dive for cover. In the chaos of this fight, nobody knows. Nobody knows.

    Nobody but you, Gigg.

    You've got three gangers in your sites, and they are trying to ride off on a couple stolen bikes, you think crue bikes.

    What do you do?
  • I might shoot up a few of Mot's bikes shootin' down these fleeing fuggers, but there's gonna be a lot of spoil when it's said and done. If these cowboys get back to Ziggy, we'll lose our element of surprise.

    I take a moment draw a bead, and I light 'em up.
  • image

    I see Ziggy's people break and consider letting them run but I don't rein in my crue. People like Preen and his ilk need to learn not to mess with the crue. I have seen 2 of my people, maybe more getting an early release. There needs to be some payback. I let them ride wild. I join in the blood lust for a bit, and it is glorious.

  • image


    Motley and Gigg,
    You mow down the last of them together, taking on several more injuries, but no more fatalities. The van catches fire, though, a last spiteful act from chainsaw guy. Gigg, what are you doing with that van burning underneath you?

    Motley, as the smoke clears and that's left is the job of "double pumping" the ones lying on the ground, you spot Rose riding off, away from everyone else, with Guns still in the sidecar.

    What do you do?
  • There's just a few pins that keep the M2 attached to the turret. I use my wrench to knock the pins out, and throw the freed machine gun over my shoulder. Gathering the remaining boxes of 50-caliber belts, I dismount the burning van and look around to see if I can find Motley and Last.
  • image

    Gigg, with the van on fire around you, I'd like to see you Act Under Fire to get that machine gun and that box of bullets.
  • OOC: Act Under Fire, roll+cool
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 2. Total: 5)
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I hop on my bike and ride after Rose. "Rose, stop. "
  • image
    Motley,
    Rose doesn't look over at you, Motley. She answers, though, clear and hard, "No."
    Guns' body is slumped over, face against the front of the sidecar like he fells asleep, the back of his head covered in drying, sticky blood.

    What do you do?
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I throttle up a burst of speed and pull in front of her to cut her off or at least guide her back to the crue. "Rose, this isn't the way Guns would want you to go. He was important to us too. We are a crue. We are a family. We stay together." I shout over the roar of the engines, trying to get through to her.

  • image
    Gigg,
    You grab that gun, stand up, reaching for the box of ammo. The fire licks up the side of the van, faster than you anticipated. When you try to jump off the roof, out of the turret, one of the belts is stuck in a soldered joint. It's enough to hang you up just a second too long, and then something in the van itself goes up.

    The explosion throws you off the van, Gigg, and it hurts like hell (2-Harm AP, please roll the Harm Move). You land a few feet from Lala's body. Her eyes are looking up at the sky. She almost looks peaceful. As you feel your clothes burning, her lips move. "I'm coming for you, Gigg."

    What do you do?

    Motley,
    I think you're trying to Manipulate Rose here, right? Using the ties to the Crue as leverage. Let's see some dice!
  • image

    Manipulate Rose (roll+hot) (Rolled: 2d6-1. Rolls: 1, 1. Total: 1)
  • OOC: Harm roll from being thrown from exploding van
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 4, 5. Total: 11)
  • "Ahhhhhgggggg!" I yell as I scramble away from Lala, patting down my clothes and rolling in the sand to put out the fires. There's no way she can be alive! I pick up the M2 and I'm thinking I need to put another burst into her before she tells Last what I did. "Pops, what do I do? I think she might still be alive."
  • image
    Gigg,

    Gigg-Header-02
    "It's the pain talking!" Pops growls, his tone frustrated like you're some mewling child. "Walk it off. Get some of that sweet scrounge and go see Fleece, she'll fix you right up. Then buy a night with one of Esco's girls, you EARNED IT."
  • image
    Motley,

    Without looking over at you, Rose reaches up to pull her goggles down over her eyes. She drops into a new gear and speeds up, and you can try to stop her, but you have the feeling it'll be a fight. She's gone, man. The crue didn't mean as much to her as you thought.

    What do you do?
  • I stand back up and shoulder the M2 and its ammo, and nudge Lala's body with my boot to make sure she doesn't move. Once satisfied, I take a look around and try to locate Last, Motley, and whatever else looks valuable from the what's left of Ziggy's crew.
  • image
    Gigg,
    Lala's body doesn't move, except when you nudge it. No more words. With Motley riding off after Rose, you find Last. She's working with Krin to move a car up to The Irons to strip it down.
    "Hey Gigg. Nice move with the gun." She says. She looks at it, "Hope you can get it fixed." Her eyes drift to Lala, "Fuggin' shame, she was a good kid. A little too nosey for her own good, but she left with us. She knew sisters."
    Her eyes glance over you again, "You need to see Fleece, man."

    Krin pops her head out of the driver's side window, chiming in, "Any excuse to see Fleecey. You guys ever seen behind that bird mask of hers? I heard she's a looker." She chuckles, "No way she's as pretty as Sierra, but I like her hands on me, that's for sure."
  • I wasn't even aware of how messed up I actually am until Last said something. I look down at myself, blood still seeping from shrapnel buried in my hands, forearms, and legs. Seems all my hair was burned off and I got a few skin burns, mainly on my legs, that are already starting to blister. But the most painful thing is that I landed roughly on top of the .50-cal when I was thrown from the van. Feels like I re-injured something from the bus crash.

    My eyes narrow at Krin's curiosity of what's behind Fleece's mask. What is it with these fuggers thinking they are owed some kinda looksee? I bet they'd pop a cap in me if I decided to take a look inside their drawers while they was sleeping.

    "Yeah... Ziggy's crew was just a bunch of cowards. They was just gonna shoot you cowboys in the back. But they got what was coming to 'em. Glad to see you made it free and clear, Last." I pause for moment and look down at Lala. "What will you do with her? You got some homeplace you plant her at? If not, I got a place in the junkyard that'll do."
  • image
    Gigg,
    Last looks at you for a long moment, Gigg. It's almost like she's trying to look into the shadows of those eyeholes in the mask and see your eyes, read you or something. "Once we're settled here on scrounge and barter, I'd like to plant her."
    She takes a short breath, looks to Krin, then back to you, making her decision. "Could you carry her body back on Swagman? We'd escort you, of course. I'd like her to have shade. You... always wanted to show me."

    What do you do?
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I stare after Rose for a moment, 'I know it hurts, take your time but come back to us little sister.' I stare a moment longer before turning around and rejoining my crue. " 'Sis start giving..." my voice stops in my throat. Preen will suffer for this, suffer very slowly. I clear my throat and try again, "Dokken, get a head count, see how many of the crue are hurt. Then get everyone to start searching the bikes for stuff Motor can use, things we can barter to Esco for our stay."

    That taken care of I ride up to Last and Gigg, "Last, are your girls ok?"

    I also turn to Gigg, "Thank you for fugging up the turret, Gigg. If you hadn't spotted Preen's double cross we would have lost more. Thank you. " I hold out my hand to shake Gigg's
  • edited December 2016
    image
    Motley
    "We lost Lala," Last answers, looking down at the small form in camouflage by her feet. "Would have lost more if not for Gigg. I say we split the scrounge by heads, with double share to Gigg."
    She looks at you, clears her throat, "Sorry about your losses. Sis especially. She would've made a great Zon."

    Gigg, of course you can hear all this. Last is not being quiet.
  • I grasp Motley's hand. I hardly know what to do with such a gesture. Not sure anyone really has offered a grateful handshake before. I've gotten the high-five, the fist-pump, the hand slap on the helmet mainly for helping grab some good scrounge, but this from Motley... maybe this cowboy is a little different...

    Hearing Last's offer of an extra portion, No, no, no, Last. Thanking my lucky stars for the offer of double dog scrounge, but Gigg don't need it. You have mouths to feed, maybe not teeters and sprouts, but hongry bellies just the same. I just need enough to get myself patched up at Fleece's.

    ... About Lala... yeah I'll load her up on swagman. No worries for you, Last.
    Looking at both Motley and Last, Two things... I have rememberin flashes of seeing Preen and maybe a couple of other fleeing to The Irons. ...And... are we still riding out to Ziggy's hold to finish this? Now's the time while she has no blues clues. I'm down to finish this if that's the deal. Just let me know.

    I nod and walk over to grab one of the tarps that Ziggy's crew was using for shade to use to wrap Lala's body in.
  • edited December 2016
    image

    "Esco hired the crue to do a job, we do it. We will gear up, add a few more pads and protections using Ziggy's stuffs*. Then we ride on. We use Zig's own stuff to do damage to her. I think they called that ironing. "


    I almost smile but the pain is still too soon



    took +1 armor for the gang as an advancement
  • image

    Last interrupts with, "We can roll up on those chum, sure. But Esco's idea was making it look like Sand Snakes. That's already a bust. So... do we just wipe them out, let Esco deal with whatever comes next?"

  • edited December 2016
    image

    "With fugging Preen escaping Ziggy's gonna know who did this. Harley knows he will twist it to him being on top. Shades I don't know what Esco wants, all I know is I agreed to hump ziggy and her turf. They buys me a place to stay. That can still happen. I guess we try to look like Sand Snakes or not but we need to make things difficult. Let's get that over with and just prepare for the fallout."
  • image

    Dokken growls loudly, "Fug all this Sand Snake mess, let's go wipe them off the face of the earth! They killed Guns! They killed Sis!" There's a hitch in Dokken's voice at the last there.

    Motley, your crue is riled up with bloodlust. They are revving engines and planning on running right up on Ziggy and wiping her gang out. Last wants to scrounge the trucks and cars, find all the barter there, and then move.

    What do you do?
  • edited December 2016
    image
    "Dokken, we're gonna fug them up. They will pay for Guns and Sis. I promise you that. Lets not go in all hot headed and get ourselves wiped out. It wont do Sis and Guns no good if we get released. Lets take all their blaze, we already had blood spilled for it, then we ride and collect what's due! " By the end, my volume rises more than I had intended, not in anger but more in a rally.
  • I'm rolling Lala's body up in one of the tarps I scrounged from the roadblock, but I stop and hold up the .50-cal machine gun and holler at Motley, "If we're speedin' to fug Ziggy, maybe this bad boy here would help. We got ammo, but I busted it up when I got thrown off the van. You think Motorhead might have a quick look at it and see if he can fix it and six it?" I make a waving gesture to myself and the various injuries his crue have, and suggest, "Maybe we take a barter or two from this scrounge and see if Fleece can throw a Medkit or two together for our rideout?"
  • edited December 2016
    image
    "Gigg, I don't know that we have the time to get Motor to fix it before we head out. My crue is eager for payback. They ain't going to wait that long. Plus the faster we get there the less time Ziggy has to plan."
  • I give Motley the thumb's up, and heave Lala's tarp-wrapped lifeless body over my shoulder, and lug her and all my gear down to swagman, including the busted up .50-cal and its ammo. Once Lala's body is buckled into the passenger seat, I give swagman the look over before starting the engine, just in case Ziggy's cowboys decided to plant a booby trap while I was spending the night in the Irons.
  • image

    I go about collecting scrap that can be turn into good barter, also making sure to outfit my crue with equipment that will protect them better. I signal Poison to grab some football pads off one of Ziggy's boys. I work hard to finish this quickly knowing the crue is anxious for payback. I repeatedly point out the things we scavenge will be useful to hurt Ziggy.
  • edited December 2016
    image

    The crue and Last's 'Zons spend a half hour moving the vehicles off the road and stripping them down. You gain three barter easy, and your gang is in better spirits as they resupply and munch on the food Ziggy's gang left behind.

    Dokken carries Sis's body to that van, and even though flames are licking the outside of the thing and it's nearly slag, he tosses her in the back, then drops a molotov cocktail in there to give her a Viking burial. The van is still burning as everyone mounts up and heads for Ziggy's with their own fire.

    Ziggytown
    The stretch of road east of The Depot to Bordertown East is currently under the auspice of Ziggy. She keeps watch over the highway from a spot that's been called Shadows for a while, due to the shadows cast by nearby mountains. The hold where Ziggy resides is lightly fortified, sports a decent garage and cooks the meat from a small population of farmed dogs, barkers and yippers that bay most of the day and into the night. With the roadblock, most of Ziggy's muscle was at The Irons. And now, you all are headed to her house to make a mess.
  • image
    Gigg,
    As you ride behind the biker gang, the wind whipping the tarp around Lala's body, you hear her again. "Pops is a liar. He's using you." You don't see her lips move this time, or her eyes. The tarp hides her from you. But you hear her.

    Motley,
    Whitesnake rides up alongside you, looks over at you, then across to Last who rides at your left. "Who's your sarge now, Motley?" It's obvious he wants the spot.
    What makes Whitesnake a bad choice, Motley?
  • I try to concentrate despite the chatter from Lala's ghost. At first, I ignore her attempts to goad me into acknowledging her, part of me knowing its just a figment of my imagination anyway. I banter and joke with Pops to get my mind off her coaxing, "Pops, back there after the throw down with Ziggy's crew, you told me to get some scrounge and go buy some time with one of Esco's gals. What were you talking about? You know that Esco doesn't let me buy time with his girls anymore. Stop teasing me like that!" And I chuckle-laugh to let Lala's ghost know I'm having a good time just driving.

    But eventually my efforts are in vain, and I begin listening to Lala's ghost and engaging with it more and more. I mean if she were just my imagination, she would eventually just stop talking, right? So, maybe this is real? And as I engage Lala more and more, I feel my brain being drawn into her in a deeper and deeper way until all resistance is forfeited and I open up completely to what she wants to say.


    OOC: Open Your Brain

  • image


    I inwardly grimace asWhitesnake ask the question, I was expecting the question although I dont want to answer it just yet. He is a good kid but has always been too eager to be in charge of things. The problem is he doesn't have right attitude for leadership. He turns a bit tyrannical with authority. It's best for all he is not in a position with much authority or any at all.

    "Blazes Whitesnake, her body is still burning back there. We are about to get into a scrape that is gonna fuggin' push us to the redline. Now is NOT the time to push for a position."

    I throttle up my speed on the bike to pull ahead a bit, mad as spit at his timing and his fuggin arrogance that he should be the sarge. I didn't want to be reminded of its need, of 'Sis's death.

    I pull up to Dokken as we continue to ride. "Hey D, Thanks for pulling it together earlier as we scavenged. It will help with payback for Sis and Guns. D' I will be trustin' on you in the field when we get out there. You up for it?"
  • image
    Gigg,
    Let's see some dice, sir. Curious about this one.

  • image
    Motley,
    Still wearing the bruises from yesterday, Dokken gapes for a moment. He blinks, then answers, "I'm up for it. I mean, fug yeah I am!" He pumps a fist in the air, then looks back at Tesla and a few others.
  • OOC: Open my brain, roll+weird
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 2. Total: 5)
  • image
    Gigg,
    The wind whips the tarp back and Lala, still buckled in, turns her head to look at you. Blood oozes from the bullet wound in her forehead. Her hair is sticky and wet from all the blood that ran from the exit wound in the back of her head. But there she is, staring at you. "Pops is using you. I can make you stronger. Let me into your mask, kick that fat bastard out. I told you I was coming for you."

    One of the crue yells at you suddenly, from outside. You almost drifted into them while staring at Lala. She stares back, unblinking, waiting for an answer.

    What do you do?
  • Snapping out of my momentary trance, I cut the wheel sharply to avoid running over the crue and almost flip swagman. I reposition my grip on the wheel and take another quick look at the bullet scarred corpse staring lifelessly back me. Just like Chaz on the way back to the yard after rhymin and stealin.

    Fat bastard?

    "What do you mean," I yell. "Pops ain't fat.... is he?" I'm used to sweat trickling down my face inside the mask, but as I turn back and stare at the road and the crue ahead, it's not sweat I'm blinking back this time. Taking another quick look at Lala, "Who are you? Why you always tryin to get in my mask. When I'm sleepin and snoozin. When I'm drivin' and cryin'. POPS AIN'T FAT! He ain't that kind of Pops! YOU STAY OUTTA MY MASK, YOU HEAR!" And I slam on the brakes of swagman...
  • image
    Gigg,
    Yeah, let's see you Act Under Fire right now, Gigg. For the sudden stop. For the whole Lala vs. Pops thing. For all your marbles.

  • OOC: Act Under Fire, roll+cool
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 1. Total: 6)
  • image
    Gigg,
    "Your mouth says no," Lala whispers. "But your heart says yes."
    The body sits back, and her voice disappears, drifting off as soft echoes in the wind.

    Gigg, the spirit of Lala now has three holds on your mask. Lala can use these holds to give you a -1 on any roll she doesn't want you to make. Yes, she can use more than one hold at a time.
    However, as long as she has hold, you gain more insight into the world. Whenever you roll to Read a Sitch or Read a Person and give her another hold, you can ask another question more than the move allows.
    You can even ask a question not listed, but if you do, Lala gets to ask you a question, too, and you have to answer it honestly.
    Once Lala has used all of her hold, she will lose her grip on your mask and fade away.

    Motley, you hear the commotion behind you, and look back to see Gigg's thrown on the brakes, is sitting there in Swagman, staring at the body in the passenger side.
  • image

    "Dokken, keep the group going. I'll catch up with you in a sec." I turn my bike around and head back to Gigg. I keep a few feet from him but am concerned over what happened.

    "Gigg? What the blaze is going on? Is there a problem?"
  • When Motley rolls up, I have a double-fisted grip on the wheel and I'm staring straight ahead, and I'm breathing so heavy it's audible through the breather box. Mot's words snap me back, "Wha-wha? Oh yeah, sorry. Uh.. uh. The-uh wind loosened the tarp and unwrapped Lala." I gesture over to Lala's exposed shot-up body, lifeless in the passenger seat, and I begin securing the tarp back around Lala, my hands visibly trembling. "It'll take just a second. Sorry for the uh-delay."
  • edited December 2016
    image

    I look at Gigg a moment as he seemed to hesitate for the answer. Something is going on, I need his head in the game for this.

    "What's up Gigg? Something messin' with your head?"
  • Read a Person (Gigg) +sharp (Rolled: 2d6+0. Rolls: 1, 5. Total: 6)
  • A miss - What’s your character really feeling?
Sign In or Register to comment.