[Junk XIII] Solid Foundation (K 5.7)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

How much longer do you spend with Zero before heading out to talk to VB? She's sitting with the girl from before, they're talking and playing with a small doll, hand-spun and colorful. They look up and smile at you. Do you pull her away from what she was doing?

Comments

• I kinda lost track of time with Ma', actually... It was so good to just be with her again, and talk about old times. She's still a bit sensitive, but seeing her come out of her shell makes me less angry about what's happened. I know things will never be the same again, but seeing the little bits of the Ma' I remember still poking through gives me hope for the future.

It was a little past supper when I finally got up to go find Vee. For the first time in a long while, I'm actually feeling really good. No nausea, no sensitivity, just ... Me.

... Well, me with 7 spare pounds, but me none the less.

I come padding up to Vee on the couch and quietly take a seat next to her while she plays with the little girl. I wrap my arms around her waist, and rest my head on her shoulder while they chat — marveling in how great she is with this child, and smiling contentedly at how lucky I am to have her.

I give Vee a gentle peck on the cheek, and wait patiently for them to finish their game — playing along if they decide to invite me.
  • VB announces your arrival in this mock voice, "Here comes Big Momma! Watch out, Valor!"

Valor giggles and then she grins when you wrap your arms around VB. VB coos and snuggles into you like she's craved this all day long. It turns out that this doll has super powers, and she flies around the ship making flowers grow. And helping little kids. Like Valor.

What's the doll's name, Kiddo?

The game comes to an end when Valor's mom comes up the steps the infirmary and calls for her. She sneaks in a hug, and then pretend flies the doll away.

VB makes a mmn noise and snuggles into you.

What do you do?
  • The doll's name was Petal — which I guess makes sense since she had super powers making flowers grow, and stuff. I suggested that dolls with super-powers need capes, and pulled an old flower hankie out of my pack for the cause. When Valor's Ma' comes to get her, I wave goodbye and pull Vee into a tight embrace.

"Mmm... Big Momma's been having some cravings lately, my little honeybee. Have you eaten yet?"
  • VB rubs her face on your shoulder during the hug. When you ask if she's eaten, she furrows her brow in thought, "Uhm... no? I don't think I've eaten since this morning. Where do you wanna go?"
  • I smile, "let's get something we can take to bed."
  • VB shifts a bit and looks at you with guilty eyes, "Okaaay, but uhm, I'm not preggers, so like... my monthly visitor's here. I mean, it's been a couple days and I scored some badass drek from Janco so we can, like, rub and stuff." She smiles hopefully, "Is that. Is that okay?"
  • I brush some hair out of her face and smile knowingly. "What my Honeybee wants, my Honeybee gets. C'mon – tell me all about this shit you scored from Janco while we get some food."
  • VB shrugs as she helps you up, "Won't do you any good, Momma, it's just tampons. But I got a frakkin case of em stashed away now, hee hee heee." She does this little mimicry of a tiptoeing thief and giggles some more.

There's meal bars in the infirmary, just chewy morsels with lots of vitamins and almost no taste, or you could go down to Chef's place, but that's where the council is.

What do you do?
  • Yeah, I'm good with not getting dragged into Council affairs tonight. Tonight is all about my little thief. The plan is to get some gigs going in the next couple of days so I can treat her properly.
  • Well, VB is actually a pretty horny lil girl right now, so she's more than happy to lock you away. Are you two staying in an empty hospital room or a cell in the brig?

Doing anything special during "your time"?
  • We're in a spare hospital room most nights — the doors are pretty thick. Special time tonight is all about making Vee feel appreciated. We'll be talking, and frakking, and cuddling, and frakking, and then probably talking some more...

Like I said: today is VB appreciation day.
  • VB does not object.
  • OOC: Firing off the new Mother Sex move. Roll+Hx.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 2, 4. Total: 7)
  • OOC: Holding 1.
    Q1: what does VB desire/need most?
  • VB needs to be loved. To be accepted as she is, leg and all. She wants to be a partner, not a sidekick, a lover, not a tag-a-long.
  • When Vee has been sated, I hold her closely and brush her hair lovingly. I shift a few times in the cramped hospital bed to get comfortable, making a show of finding a spot after a few failed tries. After a few minutes of silence, I whisper, "Vee, when we came here together, I thought my world was falling apart. The baby, Rinny, Dad, Ma', Gramma... All of it just left me exhausted. If you hadn't been here, I would have cracked under the pressure — but the funny thing is, I could weather just about anything so long as you're with me."

I kiss her gently on the forehead, and smile, "I love you more than anyone in the world, Hon. Seeing you with Valor shows me that you're not just going to be a good auntie... You're going to be a good Mommy... Nezzy wants me to join this council of hers. I want to say yes — but if you aren't here with me, it would never feel like a home. Could you see yourself living here? Like... For good? With me, and baby?"
  • VB shifts to lay on your side, making space for your little tummy. When you ask if she could see living here with you and baby, she looks up at you, and without a trace of a smile, like she's saying the most serious thing from the bottom of her heart, VB says, "I could live anywhere. The place doesn't matter. Never did. It's you and baby. As long as we're together, I'm happy. I love you so much, Kiddo. I've seen you go through so much pain, and it makes my heart ache. I just want to kiss it all away."

She illustrates the point by kissing your face, like she's worshiping its form. "Kiddo... what can I do to help you?"
  • I quiver as she kisses me, and lick my lips to taste her sweet lip-gloss. "I want to make a home for our baby. I want to keep our family safe. Help me get settled here, and make a future for us."

I pause, "just be the amazing woman you've always been, and help me push like you have since we got here."
  • VB replies softly, "I can do that."

--END SCENE--