[DVFP] Back in the Saddle Again (C 4.3)

image
Cinch,
You head out with a jog from the arena and cross the dirt road off towards the huge concrete monstrosity that is the Garage. The guards recognize you, let you past. You see one that fought to defend you and Esco the other day, and he gives you a nod. Down one level and there she is, your baby. Your one true love. She looks pristine. You've already cues her up, her engine purrs and she's ready for you.
What do you do?

Comments

  • image
    Yeah. I share that nod with the familiar guard. Funny how things have changed.
    I wouldn't go so far as calling her my true love... more of my connection to my past. My proof that I'm here by choice. A piece of my identity. Yes. Love? Well... that may come.
    I slip into the familiar seat and just take a moment to settle in. Feel the elegant rumble of the engine and listen to the whirrrr of the injectors as I just nudge the gas.

    I don't know why I'm going. I just need to go.

    I give a sign to the guard and slowly pull her out of the garage and into the open air, set my course to the Fat Man's palace and just frickin' go.
  • edited February 7
    image
    Cinch, Your car zips out of the garage and you turn down the road past the arena and come south between the barracks. As you drive, you pass a full squad of soldiers, The Fat Man's little army, dashing for the gate into the palace. It stands wide open. It'll be a tight turn, and who knows what's on the other side?

    Oh, you do, tying into that feed. You spot swagman in there, parked by the front fuggin door near the smoke that billows out of the palace.

    What do you do?
  • image
    Ok size this up. Long story, short (I don't have much time to think) Gigg is in there givin' the Fat Man some kind'a trouble. The man's foot soldiers are on the way to back 'im up... and looks like Gigg's getaway car is sittin' there waiting.

    The hell are they up to? The feed's no help as the palace is dark.

    I pass the soldiers (how many we talking about here?) and slow a bit near the gate... no... you know what? I've been chasing Mimi and Gigg's shadow for days now... caught up in whatever it is they're up to and not knowin' why... fuggit... I hit the gas, spin out the tail and head inside. Guess I'm involved.

    Also reading the sitch:
  • [CINCH]
    Reading the sitch in the palace: +1Sharp
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 1, 6. Total: 8)
    xp(3)
  • Ok. My thoughts. Gigg is in there with Mimi. I don't know why but I gotta believe it's for a reason that makes some sense. Cause this is a big fuggin' thing.

    I gotta figure out... do I wait here for the getaways or head on in?

    Q: What should I be on the lookout for?
  • image
    Cinch,
    We're talking about dozens of them, all running for the barracks and the palace. You zip into the palace grounds past some men who see a Fipper car and prisoner instincts tell them to get the fug out of the way. That works for now, but for how long?

    You should be on the lookout for someone to organize these troops. They are armed and outnumber any other force in Depot. Once they figure out what's going on, they are going to act like mad hornets and kill any perceived enemy with extreme prejudice.
  • edited February 8
    image
    I notice them keeping their distance... let's take advantage. Hey, I can still cut that feed, right? It's time to cut it.

    Then, I take a deep breath and clear my throat, punch on my strobes and power up my loudspeakers. I slow and stop in the center of the courtyard, put on my best 'fipper' voice:

    "This sector is under immediate FPS Priority Lockdown by order of Subwarden Arcpenny, strike squad in en route!" someone would have heard the name, news travels slow 'round here, "All on the premises when the strike squad arrives are considered material witness and subject to indefinite incarceration!"

    I pause and repeat.

    "Repeat, this sector...."

    Hope more than a few of them beat sand. Buy Gigg some time.
  • edited February 9
    image
    Cinch, ingrained instincts kick in, and half the lot drop guns and hit the deck. Some of them try to keep running, like that asshole who wants to outrun the sirens. Even more follow in your wake, like "whoah hey, I'm not in your way or anything". But you clear out half the goons in your way and make it up to Swagman. Nobody's out here other than the dead men. You see smoke, fire, hear gunfire inside, see folks moving inside and upstairs, too.

    What do you do?
  • image
    Gigg must be able to hear me inside, and it sounds like the exploding has finished. Hope he's still on his feet.

    The courtyard remains mostly clear, at least for a few moments. I pull around the side of swagman, park and jam out the door to bolt for the palace gate without really giving anyone too much of a chance to recognize me. I leave the strobes going and hurry inside.

    Close my door after me, of course, but the car's sitting right there ready to dash for if things get dangerous. I know I can't possibly have much time before they figure this out.
  • image
    Cinch,
    There are dozens of people here. Give me an Act Under Fire to make it through this chaos without getting into a strap.
  • [CINCH]
    Acting under fire to get in there clear:
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 1, 3. Total: 6)
  • OOC: Spending a hold to inspire.
  • image
    Cinch, Dashing into the open spot in the wall, you spot a dozen armed and armored men to your right. They open fire on you, and bullets whiz past you as you sprint left and dive into the living room of the place. You feel the sudden burn of a bullet slicing across your left thigh, and another one bounces off your kevlar helmet - that was close.

    You hear some woman screaming that she has "Li", whoever Li is, and screams at the guards in here to cease fire, but it doesn't look like they're going to listen.

    You take 2-Harm from those goons (doesn't look like you have armor yourself from your sheet, but maybe Armor 1 from the jacket and helmet?). Please roll the Harm move here.

    I'll move you to the new scene once you've rolled Harm.
  • image
    Think that's 1-armor from the helmet and jacked I'd certainly have worn for this insanity. Plus I think daredevil applies.
    (Rolled: 2d6. Rolls: 3, 1. Total: 4)
  • image
    Cinch, please go here.
Sign In or Register to comment.