[Junk XIII] Make a Lil Jingle? (K 5.8)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

After your night with VB, there's a stretch of downtime as the Council chugs along and things at the Ascendant take a breath. Why don't you roll Moonlighting and let us know what gigs you're working?

Comments

• OOC: Moonlighting. Roll+cool. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 5, 4. Total: 12)
  • OOC: So that's 2 jingle.
  • First things first, the rest of the gang came in last week, but Topps didn't come along. She sent a note for Hump. He hasn't read it, says he doesn't want to read it. What's it say?

Alright, Kiddo, your two gigs are Scavenging and Security.

There was a dust up with a gang that brought in trade at The Bay. Turns out some folks recognized a couple items they wanted to trade as belonging to members of the gardening crew of the Ascendant who'd disappeared a couple months ago. A few of your girls beat the hell out of a few gang members, killed a couple more and the rest drove off. The two they beat up are in the brig. Who was it that caught these fools?

Your mobile crew chased that group for a day, tracked em back to their hideout and blew it to hell. Svenja was the one who dropped a couple 'nades in there. What did she bring back?
  • edited November 2013
    Star, of all frakking people, caught those assholes. She's got an eye for trouble, that one. She even managed to pull the girls away from a bar to rough those frakkers up. Star's really been stepping up lately.

Svenja's raid on their little camp was crazy to hear about. All the girls tell their different versions, but they've all got one thing in common: Svenja running up to their little hidey hole, ignoring the onslaught of pistol and sub-machine gun fire, and a variety of "BANG! KAPOW! SSSSSHHHHBFFFFF!"'s depending on how many grenades Svenja managed to drop in the version of whoever happens to be telling it.

Those guys were pretty loaded though — turns out they were the first to find a bunch of insignia ships a few weeks back while we were busy clearing out the moles Branigans left behind. They had honest to gods Orange seeds in there. Fruit. That asshole gardener had better be frakking happy about that.

All that leaves is the note Topps sent for Hump... A short, but sweet little affair that I'm sure Spree would've torn apart for the horrible grammar and missing punctuation. I felt bad reading it at first — like I was digging into their private life — but now I think it's best someone did...

Topps wrote:
    Humphrey

I miss you
    Every night I fall asleep wishing you were here next to me and I cry
    Dad is a wreck since he heard about Jemma and he won't let me go north
    He says its dangerous and that I shouldn't risk my life for people who don't stay by you
    I can't leave my dad here alone
    He needs me

I know that if you don't come back you will make someone very happy
    I wish that someone could be me

I'm sorry
    Love Topps

The little red kiss mark at the bottom of the page was a really nice touch. I feel bad for the poor girl... I know Hump doesn't wanna read it, but I think I may make him.
  • Alright Kiddo, let's pick up with Star and Spree bringing in those two gangers to throw in the brig.

Star calls for you when they reach the infirmary level, you hear her from Ollie's room. You and VB meet them as they pass through the wreckage of the door to the brig security room. They each have a ganger in tow.

Starburst sees you and wheels her half-naked and bruised up guy around, "Hey Kiddo. This here is that raider gang's leader, Costco..."
    Costco

Spree slams her guy's head into the conference table, then flips him over, "This sexy little dick is... did he say his name was Danby? I have such trouble with names..."
    Danby

Starburst chuckles when Danby stares at the ceiling lights Zero comes out of her cell to see what's up. Spree looks to all of you and says, "Think we can sell em back to their gang or summit, Zee?"

Zero shrugs, "Dunno, Omo. Never took prisoners. But this is Kiddo's play, right?" She looks to you.
  • I waddle my way over to the pair of idiots my girls caught, and peer into Costco's face. "You got beat up by girls... How does that feel, sweetie?"
  • Costco gives you a level look, Kiddo. Not challenging, but not showing fear. He says, "There are other things I'd rather do with girls, heh."

Star head butts him right in the temple and he staggers, until she stomps the side of his knee and he falls over. Looks like Star is raring back to kick him in the ribs, too.

Do you do anything?
  • Yeah, I put a hand on her shoulder. "Save your A-game sweetie. If I didn't know any better, I'd think he likes it."

I slowly kneel down to Costco, and shake my head. "Care to tell me why I should let you live, sweetie?"
  • Costco shakes his head to clear out the cobwebs and chuckles, "I imagine hung like a horse isn't a good reason?" He laughs again, reaching down to rub his knee, "My people found an underground lake. Good, pure water. Enough to share."

"Shut the frak up, Cost!" Danby yells, but Spree smacks him with her gun. He grunts in pain, "Frak... you busthed mah toof!"

Spree laughs in his face, and says, "We only need one a you to take us to a frakkin lake."

Costco says, "Whoah! You kill him, and there's no way I'll take you there. Cause I know you'd just kill me, too."

"Well, horse-dick," Starburst says, "Ya keep putting ideas in our frakkin heads!"

This looks like it will devolve pretty quickly, Kiddo.

What do you do?
  • I'm watching the back and forth pretty closely, trying to make sense of who's full of shit, and who's not...

OOC: Reading Costco. Roll+Sharp. +1XP rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 2, 6. Total: 10)
  • I hold a hand up to Spree, and shake my head to Star — I need time to work here, for frak's sake.

OOC: Holding 3.
    Q1: Is Costco telling the truth about the lake?
  • He is. Of course, his people are guarding it, so there could be violence, but he's telling the truth..
  • I pull a chair over to "interrogate" Costco — because frak this noise about kneeling here. I lean forward, my hands on my lap, and I smile openly with him. "So Costco. This lake of yours is big enough to share you say?" I squint dubiously, and whisper, "given how your friend back there isn't too keen on sharing, I'm guessing your buddies watching over it wouldn't be to keen on it either. So I'll tell you what — do you think we can work out a peace between your folks and mine? Work out a fair trade agreement between us?"

OOC:
    Q2: How can I get Costco to agree to share the lake fairly between our people?
  • edited November 2013
    Costco looks around, "Looks like y'all have lots of good stuff here. Frakkin juice, lots of food, guns, healthy..." he looks up at you and Star, "women. I'm sure we could trade."

Danby cuts in with, "The Water Cult would NEVER allow it, Cost!"

If Costco and Danby are shown some kindness, allowed to bury the men they lost, and some trade was worked up before going, Costco thinks he can convince his people to work out something...

Okay, the Water Cult could be a problem.
  • Frak, another cult? Who the frak are these lunatics?

I sigh, and look up to Star, "Get him a chair, sweetie."

Then down to Costco, "What's the deal with this cult?"
  • Star makes a WTF face, but grabs a chair and shoves it near Costco. He uses the chair to pull himself up, slowly, and sits in it. Elbows on his knees, he answers, "The Water Cult was there before we showed up. Our parents and grandparents made a deal with them, brought them things they wanted in trade for the water. Food, treasures... girls."

"We have to," Danby chimes in. "They can poison the water! They killed my cousin. They have magic. They won't like you folks."

"DUMBASS!" Costco says, sitting up and glaring him. Then he looks up at Star, who was about to backhand him, "Listen, maybe we bring water out to you. And Danby and I can LIVE THROUGH THIS..."

"Let me cap them," Starburst says with exasperation.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    I narrow my eyes when he mentions trading girls again and shake my head, "You mention trading women again, and there won't be a frakking deal." I look up to Star and put a hand up to ease her off. "Get the girls together, will you sweetie? I wanna check this place out."
  • edited November 2013
    Starburst sneers at the guy. She's half tempted to pistol-whip him again. Spree says, "It'll take a bit, Kiddo. They're... around. I'll toss these assholes in a cell to stew."

Spree and Starburst wrestle these guys not-gently into the brig and toss them into a cell. Zero looks at you, "I'll keep an eye on them, Kiddo."

The Candies come out, self-satisfied smiles on their faces. Spree says, "Want us to gather up at The Bay?"
  • I let them go and nod to my Ma' when she agrees to look after them. "Thanks Ma'. I won't be long." I grab Vee and follow Spree and Star out to the Bay when they come out. I've gotta get my bike out of storage. "I want the whole gang. I don't want these guys getting any smart ideas about shooting first."
  • Everyone gathers up. Zero has the two raiders in zip cuffs and is pushing them along. It's obvious she isn't going with you. Hell, she doesn't even know where her bike is, something else Branigans took from her. But she'll make sure these guys aren't trouble.

Spree asks, "Alright, bitches. Who wants a ride-along?"

Svenja raises her hand, "I'll take the fuckin muscle-boy."

Starburst exclaims, "You mean horse-dick?" The girls hoot and jeer at him.

Zero puts a boot to his ass and pushes him forward to Svenja. She cuts his zip tie and says a few words into his ear. He nods like he's agreeing to take some nasty-tasting medicine, and climbs on her bike. Svenja hops on her bike and he starts to put his hand on her side, hesitates, then grabs the seat instead.

Payday says, "I'll take dumbass," gesturing to Danby. The girls snicker again. She walks up to him, grabs his bound wrists and leads him to her bike. She makes him hop onto the bike and then runs a bike chain around his chest to secure him to the backrest of her bike.

Spunk hands the babes to Zero once she's handed over the prisoners. Zero says to Spree, "I'll take care of the girls up in the infirmary." You realize that Zero is getting dirty looks from some of the other people in The Bay, but nobody would attack a pregnant woman holding babies, so she's probably safe. Still, you doing anything about that?

The North Candies all pull out of The Bay, excited to ride together. This is the first ride since the whole gang met up again, and some of them are riding ahead of the others, showing off, talking trash, laughing. Its a nice warm day out.

How are you having Costco lead everyone?
  • You're frakking right I do something about that. First person I see looking cross at my Ma' gets me in their face. I don't care who they think she is, or what she did — if they've got a problem with her, they've got a problem with me.

I hop on my bike and look to Vee, patting the seat behind me, "wanna come, Hon?"

Whether she does or not, I'll ride out to Svenja and tell her to take lead of the pack with me. Costco can give directions, and we'll all follow.
  • The guy you cow, his name is Irish Spring. He's a cleaner on Chufi's crew. He looks away, doesn't say boo back, just gets to work.

Of course VB's with you. She brought her lil pistol and everything. She got a new holster for it, but you don't know what she traded for it.

Svenja leads out ahead with you and the girls fall into a lazy wedge, where some bikes serpentine in the middle section, but most fan out. There's no road, so it's pick your path. Star and Mamba are the best riders, with Spree being the one who often falls behind, which causes Spunk and Payday to fall back with her.

You ride for a couple hours, heading towards a set of low hills. There's one that looks almost man-made, like a big rock pile. You catch sight of a thin trail of smoke, a few tire tracks, signs of life headed that way. About two klicks out, Costco yells, "If we ride up hard, they'll think it's a fight! We should park soon and walk. I'll calm them down."

What do you do?
  • Frakking Irish Spring. What is it with guys named after soaps? ... Whatever. If I catch him causing trouble, I'll frak him up.

I make sure to rev the engine a few times on the way over. It feels good to get out of that stuffy tin can again — I should bring Ma' out on a ride. It might do her some good... Come to think of it, I should probably go get some shit from Boomtown for the babies. Maybe we could track down her bike, or something, and make a trip down.

When I see the foothills, I stop a short ways out, at Costco's suggestion, and tell Spree, Spunk and Payday to hang back with the bikes... I won't be making the same mistake twice. I get off my bike, and prod Costco with my finger, "lead the way donkey-dick." ... Or whatever.
  • The Candies snicker at that. If Cotsco lives any longer than today, he'll never outlive that Candy name.

Costco leads ahead, and Svenja has her pulse rifle out, she can gun him down easy. When you get maybe a soccer field away from the rock mountain, you notice there is a dip down in the dirt that leads to a wide mouth cave opening.

You also see three people scattered at points on the rock, keeping watch, they have rifles. One, a guy in beige scarves and robes, he yells out, "Costco! Who are those girls?"

Costco is about to reply, but then he looks to you, Kiddo.

What do you do?
  • edited November 2013
    I'm following beside Costco, letting Svenja keep him in line — though he seems to be doing that himself well enough. When the guy in the robes yells out to us, I answer for him. "We're the Candy Bars, and your boy Costco here frakked up on our turf. We're here to negotiate his release."
  • You know what? Let's see a Manipulate here, Kiddo. I don't see it as Going Aggro yet.
  • OOC: Manipulating this dude to talk with me. Roll+Cool* (Easy to trust). +1XP.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 5, 6. Total: 14)
  • OOC: That was advanced.
  • OOC: Let's make this watchman a confidante (impulse: to give you advice, perspective, or absolution.)
  • The lookout, the older man who you called up to, he nods, then waves his arms to the others to lower their weapons. They do.
    Bega

They scramble down as Costco leads you closer. He comes up to you. "I am Bega, an elder of the Big Rock Clan. You are the one I saw in my water visions. You are called Kiddo, leader of the pretenders who may overcome their stolen namesakes. You bear the child of wonder. I am honored and humbled to meet you." He flourishes his hand and bows deeply. The ones behind him also bow.

What do you do?

"What?"
  • Costco says, "Never mind Bega. He's mad as they come. A good shot. No depth perception, though."

Bega stares daggers at Costco, but says nothing.

Then Costco looks to the six gathered, a few more from inside came, including a mother followed by a small child. He declares, "The big ship wants to trade for water. They have many goods to offer. We have much water to trade. Also, they will kill me and Danby if we cannot make a deal."

Then Bega announces, "Kiddo may come to meet the Water Cult and discuss this. The others are not from my dreams, they must stay outside."

What do you do?
  • I smile when Costco announces my "plan" to kill him and Danby... Suggestion, man — it's a powerful frakking thing! I look back to Bega, still really confused about that whole "vision" thing... I mean, I was kinda freaked out that he knew I was pregnant — but then... I mean... I kinda look the part a bit more now...

I look over to Vee, then back to Bega, "I'm not going in there alone. I want Vee here to come with me."
  • VB steps up, "Damn straight!"

Bega pauses, looks to you, Kiddo, then says, "Ah, yes. The maimed one. I had forgotten you, you are so... small. You may also come."

That doesn't sit well with VB, being called maimed and then small, but she keeps her mouth shut.

The elder turns to the others, "No harm comes to those who come to drink with an elder. The ones who stay outside, they are afforded courtesy, with what we can offer. Costco and Danby are their chattel until arranged otherwise."

Then Bega says to you, "Follow, children." He starts walking towards the cave mouth. The Candies do not look like they buy this at all.

What do you do?
  • If I look offended at Bega's words to Vee, it's because I frakking am. I put an arm around her shoulder, and whisper, "don't listen to him Hon... Clearly he's frakking nuts..."

I look back to Svenja and nod, "try and keep it civil, yeah? We won't be long... I hope..."

Then I guess I'm following this crazy old man... Who's had "visions" about me... Into an underground lake... To meet a water cult...

... Fan-frakking-tastic ...
  • edited November 2013
    You leave the Candies and the others outside and the three of you walk into the mouth of the cave. VB slips her right hand into your left, leaving your strong hand free. She's putting on a brave face, but you know tight spaces bother her.

There are mosses that give off green and blue light in alternating strengths. Bega says low, though his voice echoes as he leads you through a narrow passageway, one of many in this damp place, "The Water Cult, Kiddo. The members came from the Big Rock Clan, all of them. Some who drink, they are chosen and join the cult. Most who drink, they are beholden to the cult, like Danby."

He leads you further in, and down a grade until it opens up into a larger cavern with a lake, and whispers, "But a few of us, like Costco and I, we are not chosen." He looks to you, to make sure you understand. He adds, "We remain free, and do what we can for those we love."

What do you do?
  • I stand up a little straighter when I feel Vee's hand slip into mine. I squeeze it gently, reassuringly, and keep my free hand near my pistol — but not on it. I look over to Bega, trying to understand all this beholden shit... but it's like Spree said — there are a lot of "ifs" here.

"So you and Costco are free, because you drank the water and ... nobody picked you?" I pause a minute, still a little confused, "If we start trading for this water, will people be forced to join this cult? Or be "beholden" to it?"
  • Bega nods.

Ahead you see small tents near the shore of the lake, and warm fires. There are families here. The lake, it stretches out of sight into the dark. There are people fishing, even a couple small canoes and a dock. It looks peaceful in here.
  • This is problematic... What the frak am I gunna do with a bunch of water that makes people beholden to this frakking cult? I look over the village here... It looks quiet enough. Frak, it looks like we could wipe 'em out if we really had to... The thought of it makes my stomach turn though.

I look back to Bega, "Should I be worried about this cult? What happens to the people who drink the water? Why do they need to join, or help, this cult if they drink?"
  • Bega says, "You should be worried, Kiddo." He waves to a few fishermen, and adds, "But it's all going to be okay. You're here to save us. I dreamed it."
  • I look at him incredulously, like he just asked me to frak him or something. "I'm not saving anybody right now," I poke my tummy, "doctor said I have to take it easy for this little thing, and I'm gunna do just that."

Frak... I mean, they look like they've got it pretty good down here... Why the frak would I save these folks I don't even know?
  • edited November 2013
    Bega nods, like he doesn't believe you exactly, and says, "It is fated." He brings you both into the village, introduces you to the people of his clan. You're right, they are pretty peaceful, but over half of them have startling blue eyes, they almost have a sheen to them.

You notice Bega treats them like the others, but there is a tension there. He takes you to his big yurt, one of three on the shore. Inside is a small fire, and the place is warm. The smell of cooking fish fills the space, from a pot boiling over the fire in the very center. There is a girl in here, about your age, maybe a bit younger, she shares a few of Bega's features.
    Laughs

He motions to her, "This is my grand-daughter, she is called Laughs. Her mother was chosen, so she lives here with me now." He says to her, "Laughs, my dear, this is Kiddo, and her friend Vee."

"From your dream?" she asks with surprise. Then, remembering herself, she ducks her head to you both.

What do you do?
  • ... What?

I look anxiously to Vee, then put a hand on Laughs' shoulder, "C'mon sweetie, this isn't funny... A handshake or something would've done." I look over to Bega, "What's with folks' eyes? Why are they all blue and shit?"
  • "The blue shows here, but fades when we are far from the lake," Bega explains.

"It is how the chosen are marked." Laughs adds.
  • Woah, woah, woah! What?!?! "The water marks them? And they just go along and join the cult? Do they have a choice in the matter?"
  • Laughs answers quietly, "No. There is no choice for them. There was no choice for my mother. She was beholden, then the blue in her eyes grew brighter until she was chosen. Now... she is gone."
  • I should probably close my mouth... This shit took her frakking mother? Just up and abandoned her frakking daughter?

... Focus Kiddo ... This isn't the same as Branigans. This can't be the same as some brain-frakker just up and willing someone to leave their families. I look Laughs in the eye — 'cause I feel her pain. I ... I wish there was something I could do to help her — but what the frak am I gunna do? Put a bullet in the water's head? Make her Ma' choose between her daughter's life, and her bullshit cult? What if it frakking backfires?

Who the frak really thinks I'm suppose to be saving these folks?!?! And why?

This whole frakking trip is the worst kind of bust. I can't bring this shit back home, and now there are folks here thinking I owe them something. I sigh, "who leads the cult?"
  • Bega answers vaguely, "None. It speaks with many mouths. There is no head to the serpent."

Well I'm out of ideas. Maybe Stitch could fix them up with that freaky frakking thing she does with her hands... Doesn't do much about the water being drinkable though. Maybe I should bring her around when she gets better. Or Metro. That guy know shit about everything!

"Sorry sweetie... Is your Ma' around? Best I can do is bring her to our doc. She's a miracle worker — but I dunno how well she does up against crazy frakking hive-minds."

Waste of frakking time.
  • Laughs points in the general direction of the lake, "The Chosen are out there."

Bega adds, "We can reach them with a whistle, one will come. I think they will be interested in trading. Not for what you offer, but in hopes of gaining more members of the cult. Perhaps if you could convince one to return with you, your doc could examine them?"
  • They live in the water? Holy frak... I've heard some frakked up shit in my day, but this is getting ridiculous.

"I'm not giving 'em frakking anyone. Whistle for one of 'em if you want, but if some of the other folks you've got here are willing to come along, I'd just as soon take one of them. You said Donk... Costco was fine — what about that other guy? Danby? Has he drank?"
  • "Danby is Beholden," Bega answers. "We all drink. This is the water we have. But some of us resist, some are never Beholden or Chosen."

Laughs puts down the spoon she was using to stir the fish stew and heads outside to summon one of the Chosen. Bega says, "Kiddo, Vee, this must be handled with care. I would like to accompany you to your ship, to help guide the discussion with the Chosen."

Outside you hear a soft gong that rings out for an extremely long time, like the water and the cave carries the sound. Bega beckons you out of the yurt, to the shore.

After a few moments of waiting by the shore with Laughs and a few other villagers, a woman walks up out of the water. She looks like this:
    Chosen

Laughs whispers, "Mother..."

She walks up to you and Bega. Bega bows low and gestures to you, "Chosen-who-was-once-my-daughter, this is Kiddo. This is her mate Vee. I saw them in my dreams. They wish to treat with the Chosen."

Unblinking, the Chosen looks to you and VB and says in a mellifluous tone, "Greetings. You may call me Chosen. What is it that you desire, Kiddo and Vee?"
  • Well, then I guess Danby will be taking a trip with us, if he knows what's good for him. Costco and Bega here will have to help me keep him in line. "I'm not sure who would really step up for that kind of talk... We can try talking to this council thing, but I'm not sure they have the resources to help you guys out." Not that I'm sure most of them would even give a shit to try...

I follow them out when the gong sounds, and watch as Laughs' mother just frakking up and walks out of the water. "You've gotta be shitting me," I whisper to Vee, my jaw still hanging open. I snap back into it when "Chosen" starts talking to me. "Desire" is such a strong word... I have no frakking idea what to ask of this woman... "Some of your people attacked ours, and we're here to negotiate their release. I was hoping you could trade clean water for something — but now I'm thinking it's not worth the trouble."
  • "Clean water is abundant, Kiddo." She gesture to the water with a languid wave of her arm, "Come, drink from the lake, it is cool and refreshing."

Bega answers crisply, "Chosen, she does not yet trust us. Some of the Big Rock Clan did fight with her people. Also, Kiddo is not an elder, she cannot make a trade happen. Perhaps we could travel to their place, and speak with their elders?"

"No. They will come to the lake. They must come here, and taste. This will show that the water is safe." The Chosen says this with finality. Bega doesn't argue.

What do you do?
  • I blink a few times, and stare at her blankly. This is... This is not cool. I don't know what's causing this bullshit, but I won't be a part of it. I look over to Laughs, and give her a sympathetic look — then I turn back to "Chosen".

"Nobody of mine will be drinking from that lake until I'm satisfied it's safe — and you're not exactly instilling confidence in the matter." I narrow my eyes at her, and puff out my chest a bit, "we've got your boy Danby, and we're going to find out what you did to him. If I don't like it, we're going to be seeing a lot more of each other, sweetie — and I guarantee you won't like that."
  • Bega flinches when you drop these threats. The Chosen says simply, "Do not threaten those who are Beholden to the Water Cult. There is no need for threats. We can come to an accord, Kiddo. And you are quite wrong. The Chosen wish to see more of you."
  • The only person I've threatened here, by my count, is her — and this cult of hers — if we're lucky, Danby may wiggle free of their little beholden bullshit. Of course, he may piss Star off to the point where she shoots him... Or they frak... It's hard to tell with Star sometimes.

I shudder when she says she wants to see more of me — I will be damned if I'm bringing my baby anywhere near that water. I take a step back, and put a hand on Vee's shoulder. "C'mon sweetie — I don't think they have anything we want here."
  • VB follows you, and Bega moves with you as well. From behind, you hear, "You will leave the Beholden here, Kiddo. The Big Rock Clan will not trouble your ship again."

What do you do?
  • I'll leave "the beholden" here? Danby? I turn to look at her back over my shoulder, "Or frakking what?"
  • "Or they will."
  • I narrow my eyes at her, and turn back to Bega. "Get me a fresh canteen, yeah?" I look over to "Chosen" and take a few steps towards her. "I'll leave him, but I want a can of that water. Your boy Danby is in a lot more trouble than your word not to frak with us can fix, sweetie."
  • Bega nods, and heads to his yurt to fetch a waterskin, then to the lake to fill it.

The Chosen smiles wide, holding her arms out at her sides, "Yes, this is much better, Kiddo. You are wise. You find the water to your liking. It is perfect. Please, take what you desire, Kiddo."

After a minute of VB staying nervously near, Bega returns with the waterskin, ready to lead you outside.

What do you do?
  • I force a bemused chuckle when she tells me to take the water. I'm not letting frakking anyone drink this shit. I put an arm on Vee's shoulder again, and guide her away from the lake, following Bega out of this cave. I lean in close to her, and whisper, "We're taking this frakking thing to Stitch — if anyone can figure out what the frak's in it, it's her. Make sure nobody drinks from it, yeah?"

This place gives me the frakking creeps...
  • VB nods, looks at the waterskin like its a grenade and nods again.

Bega leads you back outside. On the way out this time, you notice there's another side of the cave with the vehicles of the Big Rock Clan, they have some crap bikes and other junk, nothing much, really.

Then you're outside. The Candies give you nods of greeting, they are bored as hell.

What do you do?
  • I find whoever's got the two boys, and cut them loose — grabbing Costco and pulling him aside before he leaves. "Can I talk to you a second?"
  • Danby marches his ass back to the cave, but Costco gives you a look. He nods, then follows you away from the others. "What is it, Kiddo?"
  • I lean in and whisper, "what the frak is up with the folks in there, Costco? Seriously. That cult? Danby? What's in that water?"
  • Costco looks away for a moment, back where you came from, like he's checking to make sure nobody can hear. He says, "To be honest, I was hoping you'd lock me up back there, but I couldn't say anything in front of frakkin Danby. I don't know why the water takes people like it does, or why some people just pledge themselves to the cult. It's why I stay out riding all the time."
  • I look over to Danby, who's clearly not interested in what we had to offer, and scratch an itch on top of my head. "Well," I whisper, "they didn't say anything about you needing to stay put... I've got someone I think might be able to make heads or tails of this. Why don't you come back with us?"
  • A smile slowly spreads on Costco's face, and he says, "Well sure, ladies. I'd be glad to come with you. As much as you like..."

VB says with a cruel tone, "Kiddo, why don't we let Star kill him, and cut his donkey dick off? I can make it into a toy for us."

Coscto holds up his hands, "Whoah, wait. I was just joking. Serious, no need for that. I'll come back."
  • Ok — no shit? That was frakking awesome!

I full on blush at Vee's suggestion, and giggle gleefully. "Well, Costco — it would seem the lady doesn't like the cut of your jib. I'd suggest you tread carefully." I throw an arm around Vee's shoulder, and whisper into her ear, "I dunno what's gotten into you, but Mommy likes!"
  • VB tries to hold a glare, but fails and the corners of her mouth quirk up. "Nobody makes you cum but me. heh." Then she glares at Costco again, "He can come back. But he better watch his mouth, or I'll mark my territory all over his cute face. You gonna behave, Donkey Dick?"

Costco looks sort of blown away, a bit off balance, says slowly, "Yeah, sure. Sorry. I'd love to come with you.
  • I shake my head — this is too frakking funny. "Alright, good. C'mon — you can ride with Svenja."

I'm getting hungry anyway.
  • Costco nods, the fight out of him. He heads back, and VB walks beside you while he walks ahead. She grins up at you and says, "I decided the only mother-frakker around here is me. Now, Momma, let me ride in front onna way back, yeah?" Her grin turns a little wicked.

The Candies mount up, ready to get the hell out of here. Bega gives you all a salute of respect as you leave.

What do you do?
  • Hey, if the lady wants to ride up front, then who am I to say no? I hold a hand out, and let her mount up before I get on. I nuzzle her neck, and slide a hand over her tummy before kickstarting the bike. "I like it better this way," I whisper, "I don't want you distracting me while we ride..." I think I'll take the scenic route home. My hand's got some wanderlust.
  • --END SCENE--