[DVFP] No Really, the Big Show (C 4.5, J 4.5, S 4.5)

2»

Comments

• photo JuneWeaver.png

Aw, honey, no. I was sure she'd catch on that it wasn't me right away. Now I want to be there, somehow, if she means those things for me. Surely she'll catch on.

There's somethin' else lonely about watchin' these two with each other. It is fun to watch them play, to be sure. But is it different from Krin kissin' Roth? Hard to say.

Well, I'm responsible for this and need to see it through. I come over to the bar beside Roth's head to wait for her verdict myself, wan smile in place as I lean an elbow on the wood.
    Rothschild reaches up to take the lime in her hand and turns her head to look at all of you, the tie blindfold still in place. "That... wasn't fair." She grins. "Wasn't Krin or Beckett, and I know your kisses, June. I don't imagine Missed snuck back in, and I would feel Reese's stubble. Which means it was either Peppering, or Sierra. I'm... going with Sierra."
  • edited February 2017
    I laugh, smiling large now that I know she isn't mad, playfully swatting at her calf. "There goes my devious plot!"

I lie back down, sighing dramatically, "You're too good Roth, I should forfeit." I say it, my hair falling over the bar like a wave.

Is this what having friends is like? I feel loose and easy, it's been a good day. One of the best days. I run my hands down my side just enjoying the feeling and smiling at the others.
  • photo JuneWeaver.png

Gently, I ply the blindfold off of Roth with a hand. "That means you two are tied. Unless you really do forfeit, Sierra?"

"Orrrr perhaps there's a tiebreaker option that we could hold up. Since it's my handle of whiskey on the line, I abstain from any specific suggestion." I lean sideways on the bar.

"What contest would be fair? Roth has a pretty limited skillset, you know." Beckett says with a playful tone. "I don't think Sierra should have to cut purses or hide a loaf of bread under her skirt. Just doesn't seem that fun."
  • I lick my lips, "I'm pretty sure my skill set is even more limited... we could just all share the bottle. Unless, Roth you have an idea of a tie breaker."
    Rothschild has no tie breaker. She sits up on the bar, pulls off the tie blindfold and tosses it towards Krin. Krin catches it, and stuffs it in the pocket of her fuzzy jacket.
  • photo JuneWeaver.png

"Hah! Well, good news y'all, liquid is near-infinitely divisible. I'll split the handle between you two to do with as you see fit. Fair?" I'm amused with the thought of Sierra and Roth tryin' to see who can sneak the most loaves of bread under a skirt
    Sierra and June, you spend some time with the others, chatting about the prize and the body shots. Reese and Beckett slip off together to your room, Sierra. Rothschild and Krin head outside to dance in the rain, leaving just the two of you together. Even Peppering finishes cleaning off tables and heads into the kitchen to wash dishes and put away stock.

How do you end your night?
  • I smile as I watch Roth and Krin dance in the rain, I think I'll join them in a little bit. For now, I look over to June instead, tilt my glass in salute and poor it back.

I smile, "I don't think I ever realized what I was missing..."

I lock my eyes with her and reach out my hand, it's a dare, proof the weirdness between us is over. I smirk.

"...having friends, that is."
  • edited February 2017
    photo JuneWeaver.png

It feels good to just relax and chat and share some of the fruits of my labor. I'm anchored to this place with alcohol and good company when, even on the mend like I am, I might otherwise put myself back to work.

I watch the revelry outside. 'Seems like everyone I know in turn comes to know each other'..I wonder how Cinch's hunt for meanin' has gone.

Jostled out of my reverie, I look over at Sierra, into those attention-claiming eyes of hers. "Hm?"

"Well," I smile and clasp the offered hand. "Here's to friends, and less lonely days."
  • I hold her hand firmly in mine. "To less lonely days."

End Scene