[Junk XIII] Six Little Indians (S 5.10)

edited November 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Stitch,

That one secure room on this level, the one with the six mystery patients.

How did you finally get the door open?

The room has a low hum from the six active iso-cubes. You'd recognize them anywhere, wouldn't you? Who's here with you, Stitch? What time is it when you finally decide to wheel yourself in here? Why the hell now?

What do you do?

Comments

• I was lying in bed, awake- the pain in my legs woke me up. I hadn't thought about the mystery patients for a while- had a bunch of other stuff on my mind- but something caught in my brain. Those door is sealed- Bran's people couldn't get the computer to open it and either couldn't cut it open or didn't want to. Why? Did he stash someone in there? It doesn't make sense.

Metro was nowhere to be found, but I can't exactly expect him to hang around staring at me in my sleep. I hauled my ass into the chair and wheeled into the infirmary- I dunno, 3am or something. I spent nearly an hour at the terminal trying to coax the damn door open, but I finally got it by sifting through sub-menus and tricking the thing into thinking I was the captain of the ship. I grinned as the door slid open.

I wheel in my jaw drops open. Iso-cubes. My brain wanders off in all directions for a full minute until I can get it back under control. Ok, Stitch- first off, we need to find out how old these folks are and where they came from. I almost... I almost don't want to wake them up on this planet- it's so different than what we were supposed to wake up to. Once I figure out their deal, I wheel out of the room- making sure the door closes behind me.
  • You dig until you find a roster. It's quite a variety of ages, three males, three females.
    Name: Age:
    William Apone 46
    Tip Burke 26
    Michael Drake 19
    Mark Ferro 24
    Jenette Gorman 57
    Alejandra Vazquez 41

They are all labeled as criminals, serving their sentences.

Name: Crime:
    William Apone murder/death/kill
    Tip Burke thought crimes
    Michael Drake eco-terrorist
    Mark Ferro public indecency
    Jenette Gorman harboring and abetting multiple MDK criminal
    Alejandra Vazquez corporate slander

Except the chronometers are suspended, so the auto-unlock feature hasn't triggered. They were forgotten. Tucked away on this ship for decades.

You can easily slip out this late. Janco and the staff are asleep, so are the handful of patients in rooms, even Oliver.

What do you do?
  • I check in on Ollie as quietly as possible. That man has been through a hell of a lot. I hope I can help him. I go through the chart and look for signs the cancer has spread.

After I finish with the chart, I wheel back to my room. I don't know what to do about those iso-cubes. They don't deserve to be in stasis forever, but I can't just let them out- right? I'll have to talk to Metro about it.
  • Metro shows up to fix you breakfast, when you "officially" wake up. He cooked some egg substitute that is pretty good, a little spicy to cut the taste of it being in storage for too long. But it is nutritious.

You're both sitting down. Metro's stopped eating when it is just you and him, you've noticed. So he spends the time watching you, making small talk, whatever it seems like you're in the mood for. "Are you alright, Stitch? You seem more tired this morning."
  • I let him eat my food if he wants to taste it, but I know he doesn't need to eat. Maybe that's why Janco is leery of him- we don't generally eat in the cafeteria with everyone else.

"I couldn't sleep last night." I start. It's happened a few times since my injury- I'd rather save the pain meds for my patients. "I was able to open that door- the one I told you about? I... I found six iso-cubes. Criminals."
  • "Interesting," Metro responds. "What else did you find out?"
  • "Names, ages and crimes. The chronometers were suspended. That's... odd." I tell him. "I don't know what to do- I don't think they should stay in stasis, but I don't know that I can just let them out." I chew on my thumbnail a bit.
  • Metro listens. Like he always does, patiently. He asks, "You came out of an iso-cube. You never shared with me what your crime was." He smirks, "I mean, should I lock you up in here and never let you get out?"
  • I smile back at him. "Well, I mean, you could lock me up..." I hold my hands up, wrists together. "I volunteered, remember? Running away from my violent boyfriend?"
  • Metro's smirk widens a little, he looks at your wrists for a few seconds, slightly mesmerized. "I remember. I wanted to give you a chance in case perhaps earlier there were omissions. What about Caesar and Svenja? What were their crimes? They didn't have abusive boyfriends, too, I assume?"
  • "No omissions, though I do have some weird memories from stasis..." I touch the ring that isn't there. "They didn't say, though our group was more volunteers than convicts. There was money for volunteers. Rumor was that Svenja killed someone, though."
  • Metro reaches over to take your hands in his, "Interesting. Did Svenja serve her time? Should we put her back in iso if she hasn't?" He gently places your wrists back together, rubbing the sides and smirking at you.
  • "Well we were in stasis for a hundred years." I say. "It's not my job to judge..." The thoughts that were swirling around in my head start to melt away.

I close my eyes for a second. "Mmm." It's been... a while, for Metro and me. Stupid chair.
  • "But you feel that responsibility for these six unknown people?" He pulls on your wrists to make you lean forward, and leans in to meet you with a nice long kiss, still holding your hands to the table, palms flat. He draws back just slightly and looks into your eyes, "Interesting."
  • "No. I didn't say that." I say after kissing him. "But I won't let six criminals loose in my infirmary."

I'm thinking this might be a matter for the council. It's not my ship. Not my call. The problem with that is possibly exposing my own past. I don't think I can leave them in there, though...
  • He purses his lips and nods, "That's logical." He holds your hands down to the table with his right hand, leans in to kiss you again, this time less sweetly, a little more urgently. When he lets you up for air, unless you're not receptive, things are starting to become more heated. He says calmly, still smirking, "There is a brig here. They could be kept in cells instead of stasis."

What do you do?
  • I jerk my hands back just an inch- not taking them off the table, just testing him- a wicked grin on my face. Almost before he finishes his sentence my mouth is on his, exploring.
  • edited November 2013
    Metro blinks, surprised, then blinks again when you're back on him. In a few moments, you feel him reach for your waist, undoing your robe quickly, then his hands are on you, exploring as well.

Then he's picking you up, like he's done a hundred times over the past weeks. This time a little different, since he's kissing you, and he doesn't have you around your waist now. His hands are holding up your ass. He's walking you back towards the bed, Stitch.

Idly, you realize this could be considered a form of therapy. Have to "get back on the horse" at some time... right?

What do you do?
  • My ass hurts, but it's probably Janco's therapy doing that. I don't care. I wrap my hands around the back of his neck and kiss between panting breaths. "I'd ask you to be gentle with me... but that's not really what I want." I whisper in his ear.
  • Metro smirks, and lays you down on the bed, joining you in one smooth motion, pushing your legs wide with his, "I will give you what you want, Stitch." He opens your robe and begins to ravish you. He is forceful and direct, his moves a mix of loving pleasure with nips of pain as he bites at parts of you. It's like he's devouring you, taking control of you, Stitch. And that's what you asked for, isn't it?

Please mark off one hold on Metro.

Afterwards, in the late morning, you're spent and more sore than when you woke. The aftermath of this will stay with you, the good and the less than good. Matro is lying beside you, "Stitch, will you continue the physical therapy tonight? It would be very beneficial."

What do you do?
  • "Ugh." I don't even want to think about that right now. I'd rather just lay here with Metro for hours.

But I have patients to see. And he's right- the sooner I can get out of the chair the sooner I can operate on Ollie and hopefully get all those tubes out of him. He shouldn't have to suffer longer just because I don't like therapy.

"Alright." I agree. "I know, I'll go. I don't have to like it, though." I know I'm pouting a little like a kid, and I don't care.
  • "It's really cute when you pout, Stitch," he says as he puts an arm around you. "Do you want to play... what is the right term, hooky? Janco can take care of the patients, and we would keep in touch if there's an emergency."

He kisses your temple, "We could... go up to the garden, maybe take a ride in the van, you know, out of doors?"
  • That is incredibly tempting. I got back to work as soon as I was out of the infirmary bed. And I haven't left the Ascendant in weeks.

"Yeah." I agree. "That sounds good."
  • Metro smirks again, a moment of pride at you giving in to him. "I love you, Stitch. Thanks for taking some time with me today."

Let's skip some time.

You're up on the top of the ship now. The view is pretty amazing. And they weren't lying when they called this "The Garden". It reminds you of a large community garden back on the lunar colony, with rows of neatly ordered crops, some familiar, others alien.

There are rain barrels hooked up for irrigation and even a few saplings growing for shade. Most of the plants are vegetables, but Metro points out a small herb garden and there are a couple of recovered and cleaned benches. It's one of the nicest places in the Ascendant.

As you're being pushed along, you overhear Beneful complaining as he's looking at a small patch of dirt, "Son of a bitch. That's the third time this damn week." He looks up, sees you and Metro. His angry express drops in embarrassment and he changes his tone, "Good morning, you two. First time you been up here, isn't it, Doc? On a stroll?"
  • "Morning. Yes, first time for me. It's beautiful." I reply. "Everything ok?" I ask.
  • Beneful looks down to the empty patch of the garden, then back to you, "Oh, ah. I'm glad you like it, Doc. It's been a long time coming, getting it to this point. The hope is to get the garden to the point where we can eat off what we grow. But that's never gonna work if we don't tamp down the thieves taking stuff in the night."

This sees to get Beneful riled, he looks at you and Metro with a little fire, "You'd think Nezzy would listen to me, assign someone to stick around up here at night. But no, she's all worried about the folks causing trouble, says she can't spare anyone. I wonder. I wonder how she'd feel if all the food was gone."
  • "Thieves? Who is getting up here at that time?" I ask, surprised. I look back at Metro.
  • Metro gives no sign of knowledge about this, and he's an awful liar. Beneful says, "I don't know. If I did, I'd bring them up on charges. THEN, Nezzy would have to do something."

To that, Metro offers, "You could set up some security cams..."

"Do you think I was born yesterday?" Beneful asks, a little offended.
  • "Do you have any ideas?" I ask him. "Theories?"

OOC: Read Beneful incoming.
  • OOC: Read Beneful. Roll+sharp. +1xp rolling highlighted.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 6, 1. Total: 10)
  • "They don't steal much each time, so it isn't a big group." Beneful says. "But the assholes take the best damn plants! I mean, good stuff!" He points to the patch of dirt, "Carrots there, lettuce from over there, even some potatoes over there, some of the protein veggies, like this place is their damn grocery store!"
  • OOC: What does Beneful wish I'd do?
  • Beneful would like you to offer to support his claim with the Council. He's tired of bitching to Nezzy and being ignored. But if the Council would take this to Nezzy, it would force her to act, he thinks.
  • Ugh. I'm sick of being on the council already and I've only been to a couple meetings. "I can second you at the next meeting. Having food that hasn't come out of cans would be beneficial to patients." I offer. "But I'm not going to stick my neck out for nothing. Maybe the next time I need support you help me out?"

OOC: How can I get Beneful to agree to scratch my back if I scratch his?
  • Beneful's frustration ebbs a bit and he looks down at you, "You would? Well, Doc, that'd help. I mean, I don't think I'd call this sticking your neck out, but sure, if you need my help on something down the road, I'll back you up."

Just like that. He's a grumpy guy, but he says what he means, and means what he says.

He gives a tight smile, "In the meantime, it's nice to have someone listen, rather than ignore an old man like me... you want to take a basket with you? Pick what you like, see what we're doing up here."

What do you do?
  • I nod at him. "It's very nice. I haven't seen plants like this since..." I stop mid-sentence. Since I was on the moon over a hundred years ago. Well, that's not strictly true. "Since the last junkfall." I recover. "That ship had plants, but yours are prettier. More of 'em. Sure- I'll take a basket."
  • Beneful heads off to get you a basket. While he's out of earshot, Metro asks, "What do you think about this food theft? Who needs to steal food here that you know?"
  • "I don't know- I don't get out of the infirmary much." I answer him honestly. "The folks here are well cared for- it's second only to Trench, maybe- but they are still hungry."

A thought crosses my mind. I sort of hate that it does, but I can't help it. Could the Candies be coming up here for food? I haven't seen Kiddo in a while- did she go somewhere?
  • "I worry that there's something going on we haven't glimpsed." Metro says while pretending to kiss your ear. Okay, he does kiss it.

Beneful returns with a basket, and the pair of you can have what you want from the garden. What is it that you end up taking, Stitch?
  • "I'm sure there is. It's not like everyone on the ship wants us here." I reply. "And you can bet that some folks don't agree with Nezzy- they may just be biding their time." That's the thing about this place- people always want more. More food, more power, more everything.

He's got some spinach I get really excited about, along with a few vegetables I don't know the names of. The thing that makes me gasp, though, is the strawberries.
  • edited November 2013
    Let's skip a little time, to when you and Metro are going out for a drive in the van together.

-----------------
    You're digging out what, the third or the fourth strawberry when Metro pulls the van out of The Bay and down the long ramp onto the scrubland. He smirks over at you, "You're going to run out soon, Stitch. Are they as good as they look?"

He takes the van off towards the east, towards the ridge.
  • I bite into one and offer the little bit left to him. "They are." I answer.

Sitting in the van I can pretend I'm out of the chair. It's nice. "Where are we going?" I ask idly, looking around.
  • Metro smiles while glancing over to see you enjoying the moment. "I am driving to the ridge. There is a trail behind it, will take us to a nice spot. I thought we could enjoy the view. I brought massage oils, too, of course."
  • "Ah!" I smile. I turn my head away from him, my brow furrowed a bit. "Metro- is there anything I can do for you? You don't have muscles to massage. You don't need to eat or sleep. I feel like I need you, but... I know you love me. And I love you. I just want to do things for you, too."
  • Metro slows the van to a gentle stop, puts it in park. He turns sideways in his seat to face you, and sans smirk, he says, "Stitch, you do things for me every moment we're together. You respect me. You value my opinion, and seek it as a partner, not as a tool. You love me, and that's something I treasure beyond words. We share ideals and we understand each other's strengths and limitations."

He reaches out to take your hands in his, "I have never felt so fulfilled as I do when I am with you. When I massage or delight in your body, I am delighted. I thrill in your touch and your affection. You are my food, you are my reverie and restoration. I love you entirely, Stitch. There is nothing more I require than what we share now. The world may change us, but these moments we've shared, I will hold them as sacred for all of my days."

Metro kisses you then, on the side of a dirt road, in a centuries old van made from a hundred different vans that lived and died millions of miles away. Its just you and your android lover.
  • I beam, holding his hands... until that last sentence. I swallow, the smile fading. "Until the end of my days, you mean." It's selfish of me, I know. I won't be the one staring down forever without him. I look down at the seat as a few tears fall from my eyes. "I'm sorry I can't share forever with you."

I'm sorry I'm in this fragile human body. I'm sorry he's not in one. I'm sorry we have to share our time on this planet. I'm sorry this is bothering me now- when I should be appreciating the time I do have with him.
  • "Me, too, Stitch. I'm sorry, too." Metro says quietly, holding your gaze, seeing your sad smile. "I hope you'll forgive me for being selfish, though. Pushing you to do physical therapy, eating well, making you get decent rest when you're tire, taking care of your own health. I want every moment together that we can share."
  • I nod. "I know. Me, too."
  • --END SCENE--