[Junk XIII] It's in Committee (K 6-5)

edited December 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Kiddo,

A few hours later, you're woken form your nap by someone at the door. VB rose to get it, slipping on a robe and "the leg". It's Svenja, Zag and Whopper. They look pissed

VB lets them in.

What do you do?

Comments

• I slip into my new shirt, and a pair of panties before slowly rising to greet them. I'm a little groggy, but it looks like we're all in the same mindset...

"Something on your mind, ladies?"
  • Svenja speaks up, "Someone snuck into our frakkin place, and took a bunch of our drek, Kiddo."

Whopper's pacing. She says in a barely controlled rage, "They took my frakkin TOYS, Kiddo! My ax n sword both. I'm gonna beat them to death!"

Zag seems like she's the one keeping them cool on this, but she's miffed, too. She says, "I told them we can keep an eye out on Market for them. They'll show up, we buy em back. An if we can figure out who sold em to a merchant, we work it back that way."
  • I breathe in deep through my nose, and wipe some crud out of my eyes... Who the frak is stupid enough to steal from the frakking Candy Bars? I kinda wanna put Whopper in her place; but Zag's got a level head, so I let it slide.

"Find them, but I want to deal with them myself — none of this beating thieves to death. For frak's sake, we aren't out in the gods damned wilds."
  • "Why not?!? It'll teach them good, and word will get around!" Whopper rants. "This is about respect! You damn sure know du and Santi would have none of this drek!"

"Damn, Whopper, take it down a notch. Pregnant lady, remember? You use yer frakkin inside voice." Zag says, and her tone is calm and sort of dismissive, too. And for some reason, it seems to work. Whopper stops pacing and crosses her arms to glower instead.

Svenja says, "Shit's getting tight, lots of folks crammed in here, it was bound to happen. Place is becoming a fuckin slum."

They turn to head out, Zag urging Whopper ahead of her. And yeah, Zag is checking out VB in her little robe, on the sly.
  • Whopper's right — this is about respect, and I'm sure as shit not having folks thinking the Candys run around beating the crap out of folks who piss them off. I raise my hand dismissively of the raised voices comment, "We're not frakking thugs, Whopper — we're doing a frakking job, keeping people safe. If you wanna go bust heads, ride out with some girls and womp some raider skulls, yeah? No shortage of those assholes."

I notice Zag checking out Vee, and I pointedly slip my arm around her to lay claim. I'm pretty sure I picked that up from Ma'. She used to say some pretty ... Well, folks knew Dad was hers. Svenja's right about shit getting tight here though... We can't support the number of people coming in, and if we turn folks down, it's going to start getting ugly... I need to talk to Nezzy.
  • edited December 2013
    Whopper raves as the door opens, "I would go bust some heads, but some frakker TOOK MY AX N SWORD! Frak..."

Svenja says, "I'll keep an eye out for our shit. And keep a lid on her.

Zagnut notices the possessive move, and she grins, "See ya later."

The door closes.

VB asks, "Why don't they bring this to Omo?"
  • I smile at Whopper's comment, and nod at Svenja's pro-active attitude. I lock the door behind them when they leave, and walk back over to Vee when she asks why they didn't go to "Spree" — and really, she just nailed the problem on the head. "Cause Omo isn't a leader at heart... Sure she's smart, and charismatic, but she isn't the kind of girl that can herd those bitches into a real frakking team. I mean, she could barely keep them fed before we showed up..."

I sigh, "I think she knows that... She's waiting for Star to step up and lead, I think. I've been thinking Star would make a good leader myself. I gotta talk to Nezzy, and maybe find Omo... This is getting out of hand."
  • VB sighs, a little frustrated, "Omo's all caught up with her babies anyways, it's just... she doesn't get more jingle than the rest, right? Oh, I heard her mom was in Oasis now, isn't that crazy?"

She slips out of her robe and heads for the shower, to freshen up and get ready.

Where are you going first?
  • It hadn't occurred to me that Omo may be skimming the top... Hmm... I'm gunna join Vee in the shower, and head out to talk to Nezzy first. We need to talk about this population boom before it suffocates us.
  • Now that Nezzy isn't majordomo, she no longer "holds court". That evidently was an artifice of Branigans making. She's a very active hardholder, traveling around the hold and checking in on people often. It does wonders for her image, which she of course needed to repair after association with Branigans.

Let's catch up with her at one of Hublot's art displays. Well, it's still being produced. Hublot is up in the rafters, sot welding together some funky installation. It looks... weird. But colorful.

Nezzy is there with Buckingham, a guy she recently brought in for Bay security. He's not much in the way of civilized, but you've heard of the guy. What's his rep?
    He looks like this, by the by:
    Buckingham

She sees you come in and stops her conversation with "Buck". "Hey, Kiddo, VB. What's up?"

• This thing with Nezzy and Hublot confuses me — she seems to really hold a candle for the guy. I wonder what that's about. Of course, I'm too busy watching Buckingham standing out like a sore thumb to really give that much thought. Rumor has it he used to run with this raiding party up North called the Cleaners; but he had a "misunderstanding" over a girl with the leader of the pack, and it went to guns... Let's just say the cleaners don't exist anymore, and Buckingham's still standing — so you can imagine the kind of reputation he has.

I wave to Nezzy and smile as we approach, "Hey Nez — you got a minute? I wanted to talk to you about how quickly things are growing down here... Security concerns."
  • She nods, walking over with you away from Hublot. "Mind if Buck listens in? I want him to work with your crew, coordinate things."
  • I look over to Buck, a little surprised, but nod in agreement, "Uh, Sure... If you want." When we're away from Hublot, I get right into it. "The girls told me someone broke into their little wing last night, and made off with a few items. We're gunna find them and sort it all out, but there are just too many folks out in the Bay to keep it clean these days, and more folks are coming every day... If we're gunna keep this place realistically safe, we're gunna need to either start turning folks away, or start pushing them to build shacks and crap outside..."
  • Nezzy nods, but Buckingham is the first to respond, Yeah, your Bay's too loose, it's a breeding ground for corruption, there's two gangs already trying to figure out who controls what, and a gaggle of little thieving kids. It's like I told you, Nez. The place is too popular to function like this. We need to turn them out and set up an overflow, like Kiddo says."

She nods, "And how do we decide who stays and who goes? First come, first served doesn't work with the Council's idea of working for the community. There are some damn good workers coming in. And some frakking lazy folks who have claimed places to live here."
  • I raise an eyebrow curiously at Buck's comment, surprised that he's so... Forward thinking? I look back to Nezzy, "lazy folks who just wanna sit in the bay and leech of hard workers should be forced to work — and building their own housing in overflow would definitely keep 'em busy. The bay is wasted space as temporary housing — we need to either turn it into a proper market, or just let it turn into the shantytown it's becoming."

I sigh and lick my lips. The words I'm about to say leave a nasty taste in my mouth, "The Candys can help you evict folks who aren't doing anything — or hell, everyone temporarily — so we can clean the place up, and start converting it into something more controlled."
  • Nezzy has an evil smile, "Kiddo, I like that idea. We should bring this to Council, because people will drop a load. But cleaning the place out, or maybe a short list of who stays and then evict the dead weight, both of those ideas will hurt in the short run, but really pay off."

Buck asks, "Kiddo, if I slide you a jingle, can I borrow some of your girls to crack down on a few of these wanna-be gangers?"
  • Council... Frakking damn it. I nod in acceptance, but this is just going to be a frakking pissing contest. "It might help folks feel a little more at ease if they can pick a favorite or two, and have the rest of the council vet them. Make a short list that way..."

Buck is just full of surprises... Frak, I'm sure they'd do it for free — but for a jingle, I'm not gunna say no. "Sure. How many do you need?"
  • Buck answers like he's already done the math, "Give me five who can keep their head and don't have to use guns to hurt folks. I'd prefer if they take orders, but as long as they don't start a big turf war, I can make it work."

"See?" Nezzy says with a smile, "That's what we need. Coordination."
  • Five girls who can keep their heads? ... Frak... Uh... I'll come up with something. At least he's not looking to throw down, I guess. That's promising. "Alright, I'll see what I can do. Come find me at my place a little later, and I'll get it sorted out."
  • You settle up with Buck and Nezzy, then head out. I assume to find the Candies, right?

You run into Mirage on the lift. She's with this girl:
    Toot

The girl with pink hair has a decent rifle, riding chaps and high boots, a six-shooter on a gun belt, and a cocky grin. The two of them were chatting quietly, but then Mirage sees you and VB.

"Speak of the devil! Kiddo," Mirage says, "I want you to meet Tootsie Roll, she's a legacy."

Tootsie Roll gives you that grin of hers and looks down at VB, and winks, "Hey Kiddo, and you must be VB, the runner." She steps to you and pulls you into a hug, it's sudden, but she doesn't crush you. She moves to hug VB, too, then steps back. The lift opens as she says, "Mind if I walk and talk with you?"
  • edited December 2013
    A legacy you say? Huh. I hug her back, and smile. "Uh, sure. We were just on our way to go chat with Star and Spree. Something on your mind, Tootsie Roll?"
  • She walks beside you, with VB on your other side, of course. Tootsie Roll says, "Yeah, Kiddo. I wanted to chat with Spree, too. But I hear you're the bitch to rap with about the North Candies. Down south, we're a fractured bunch, you know? I didn't see eye to eye with a couple of the founders, nothing too big, just silly fights over little drek, things like that. I went nomad, been ridin around, heard you all are doing good work here. Solid pay, nice digs. I want in, if you'll have me."
  • Is shit with Spree really that bad?

... Ok, so she doesn't see eye to eye with the founders, but she wants to come up here and play nice with us? I don't have a problem with taking on capable hands, even if they're a bit bull-headed — I mean, we are talking about me here — but it'd be nice to know what the beef was. "We can always use another capable girl — not that it matters much, but what was the BS back home? We've got two legacies up here with us — will that be a problem?"
  • "Not a problem with me," Tootsie Roll says, "I only had beef with Take Five and Clark, and that's because I took their boy toys. I mean, the boys didn't mind. Hell, they came after me, both times."

You're coming out to the Candies place now. What's it like? Tootsie Roll says, "I heard your Ma's around. She can vouch for me. Who's the other legacy?"

The place is looking pretty flash, to be honest. The girls have found a bunch of shit out on the road that really livens the place up. They've got bunks and shit in the back rooms, and a couple pictures of naked dudes they've "punked" up on the walls. I lead everyone in, and turn back to face Tootsie, "yeah, Ma's here. She's probably not gunna be doing much for the next little while, given she's probably a little further along than me... Zag's the only one other than Mirage and Amazon, if you count them."

I look around for Spree, before adding, "find an empty spot, sweetie, and make yourself at home. You feel like getting your feet wet right away?"
  • Tootsie Roll chuckles, "So THIS is where Zag disappeared to? Awesome! I've been missing her! Wait, so your Ma's preggers, too? Well, that's frakkin great, Kiddo! I hope you both have strong little ass-kickers."

Right now, Chunky, Payday, Goodbar and the babies are here in the front room. Tootsie Roll gives them a wave, then heads over to introduce herself.

Chunky comes over, asking, "Hey Vee, hey Kiddo! You guys lookin for Star an Spree? Star's out watchin over The Bay with Mamba and Amazon. Did you hear about someone stealing our stuff? Spree's takin a nap in the bunks."
  • Well, she's sure frakking eager — that's for sure. I smile back at her, and nod thankfully. I hope she's as good with her guns as she is with complements.

I wait for Chunky to come up, and tell me where Spree is... Napping... Great. I nod when she asks if I've heard about someone stealing the Candy's shit. "Yeah, I did. C'mon — I need to chat with Spree." I'm not really waiting for her to take me back — there's just something wrong about the leader of the Candys taking a nap while her girl's shit is out on the market.
  • You head back to the bunks, VB right with you, Chunky following behind. Sure enough, Spree is lying on her belly, completely zonked out. She fell asleep in her clothes. Good news, she doesn't smell drunk. Bad news, she's drooling on her rolled-up-blanket pillow.

What do you do?
  • Oh gods... This is just embarrassing. I slowly walk up to the bed and give it a light kick from the underside, "Wakey wakey, sweetie. You're needed on the job."
  • She pops her head up, shakes it, then rolls onto her back, wiping at her mouth, slurring,"Heyyyy, Kiddo. Sorry, needed a cat nap. Went out lookin for our drek last night, then Abba and Zabba were up super early. I hadn't slept since like... I dunno. Two days?" She sits up, grabs a water bottle and takes a long swig.

"What you need, boss?" she says finally.
  • I love how she drags her kids into this – like being out partying and fighting until fourth transit is a decent excuse for staying up two days in a row with 2 newborn kids. I shake my head and cross my arms, unimpressed.

"You had a break in last night. Someone stole Whopper's sword, and axe. Svenja and Zag are down in the bay with her, looking to buy them back, and hopefully bring the thief to me unharmed. What are you gunna do about that sweetie?"
  • She takes another drink. Spree smells like she hasn't showered in a couple days. "I know, Kiddo. Frak, man, I said I was out looking for our drek!" She wipes at her eyes, "Pay got my babies?"

VB says, "Yeah, they're fine, Omo." VB's not impressed with her this morning, kind of disgusted by her, actually.

"Why the frak won't we hamr them, Kiddo?" Spree says as she pushes herself off the bed and stands, taking another drink.
  • edited December 2013
    Really? "You won't because you don't beat the shit out of frakking thieves, is why. Nobody's frakking dead, and nobody should be." I sigh, and look at her expectantly, "Spree, sweetie... You're stretched too frakking thin. Why are you doing this to yourself?"
  • Spree seems to rankle at your compassion, "Frak, Kiddo, lay off. I'm doing the best I can, ok? I'm doin it because it needs doin."

VB says softly, "I bet one of the other girls would step up, if they knew you needed them to."

Spree glares at VB, takes a step forward, pushing her face into VB's, "Listen, skinny bitch, when I want the advice of a gimp-ass frakkin tag-along, I'll ask for it."

VB's face registers shock, then anger drops her face into a mask and she says, low and cold, "Omo, you better watch out for this skinny gimp bitch. I don't play fair."

What do you do?
  • I shove Spree, hard. That was not frakking OK.

"I ever catch wind of you talking shit like that about my girl again, and I'll watch her beat your sorry ass to within an inch of your life." My tone might have come off as concerned, but you know what? I'm not feeling very compassionate right now. "Vee's frakking right — you're a gods damned mess. A mother of newborn twins, trying to lead a gang of girls who come to me with their frakking problems. I don't give a shit if you think "the best you can" earns you leniency — those girls need someone who they can rely on — someone who gets shit done — and I'm not going to be in a position to do that for much longer."

I get right up in her face, "I'm putting Star in charge. You need to get your frakking life in order."
  • Spree was off balance, trying to lean down on VB. When you shove her, she pitches forward over a bunk, hits the deck hard. And she lays there for a second, her head spinning. She rolls over when you lean down in her face and tell her you're putting Star in charge.

The fight just leaves her at that. She slumps, then rolls to her side, looking away from your glare like it burns. Chunky was near the door, just hovering and sort-of-but-not-really listening. You hear a shocked little gasp from her, but she doesn't say drek.

VB's behind you, her hand on your back. You can feel her there, like she's ready to slip in front of you if Spree pulls some sucker punch or something.

Spree says sullenly, "Fine."

What do you do?
  • OOC: Reading Spree. Roll+Sharp. +1XP
    (Rolled: 2d6+2. Rolls: 1, 4. Total: 7)
  • OOC: Spending hold, how can I make sure Spree actually does start taking responsibility for her life? (i.e. her babies, and herself.)
  • Make sure Starburst takes over the gang, you made the right call. As long as Star is running the gang without any major issues, Spree will relax enough to focus on her babies and clean up. She needs to get out of the gang entirely before she'll really have the space to focus on herself.
  • I look over to Chunk and call her in, "make sure she gets cleaned up, sweetie, and let her sleep a while. I'm going to chat with Star." I turn to Vee, and call her along as I head for the door.

What a frakking mess...
  • Chunky nods, moves over to help Spree up. As you look at VB, for just a moment, you see her weighing the idea of kicking Spree right in the teeth. She's super pissed.

You head out of the bunks and into the main area with the other girls. They've all gone quiet, like they sense something is up. Do you stop here or go on?
  • Kicking Spree when she's down won't make anything right... I've blown things into the frakking sky before because I was pissed, but starting a fight won't fix anything. I walk over to Vee, and put a calming hand on her shoulder. "C'mon hon... We're done here."

Frak ... No, I stop. Someone's gotta say something. Might as well be me. "Star's in charge now. If you've got problems, go to her — if you've got beef, come to me." I wait a few seconds to see if anyone says anything.
  • Payday and Goodbar look at each other for a moment, then Payday says, "Good." She didn't say it like she's bitter, more relieved.

Tootsie Roll hops up from her seat, falling in with you on your way out unless you say something to make her stay.

What do you do?
  • I'm not gunna stop Tootsie — I need her to work with Buck anyway. I nod when Pay accepts Star as leader — but if I had to guess, I'd say she's probably more relieved that Spree's not wrecking herself anymore. Time to follow through, I guess...

I take Vee's hand when we're out in the hall, and give her a kiss on the cheek, "that bitch was way out of line — but don't let her get to you, honeybee. You were the hottest chick in that place."

I turn back to Tootsie, and smile, "no offense, Toots."
  • Tootsie Roll shrugs, "Why would I be offended at what aint true?" She laughs.

VB's still tense, though, still surly, "Sick of folks who think that just cause I don't beat heads, that I'm some tag-along. It's drek. An I'm more than pretty."
  • I stop her, and spin her around so I can look in her eyes, "you're damn right it's shit. You know why? 'Cause you're smart. You knew as well as I did that Omo was falling apart, and you called her on it — then you nailed the right call on the head, and stood up for yourself. She said those things cause she knew you were frakking right — she couldn't defend herself, so she attacked you. Stupid people do that."

I relax my posture a bit, and rub her shoulder. "When we get down to the Bay, can you find and fill in Svenja, Zag and Whopper? Maybe give them a few pointers on how to find Whop's shit?"
  • edited December 2013
    VB shakes her head yes, "Okay, Kiddo. I'll get em looking in the right places. We can't let word get out about this, or we need to take care of it quick. We don't want the Candies to get a bad rap." She reaches up to put her hand on the one you put on her shoulder, "I'll be alright. But I tell you, those babies need a better momma. Just sayin."

Tootsie Roll moves on, like she did not hear that.

Do you head down to The Bay with Tootsie and VB?
  • She's not frakking wrong. They do need a better mommy — why do you think I'm doing this? 'Cause I like being a bitch to Omo? I'm not saying Omo's not suited to being a Ma' — her heart's in the right place — but it's like I said: she's spread too frakking thin. Your kids have to be your priority...

So, yeah... I'm heading down to the bay to find Star and them. Hopefully Tootsie's got enough common sense to keep her mouth shut about that comment.
  • You find Star with Mamba and Amazon down in The Bay. They're chatting with some blue-eyed person that you recognize. Its the Chosen. Chosen is perfectly composed, prim and listening to Amazon. Amazon is smiling at her, sort of flirty.

You also spot Svenja, Whopper and Zag about to ride out on their bikes. Mirage is catching up to them, she's going, too.
  • What the frak is she doing here?!?! I grab Vee, and point over to Svenja and them, "Find out where they're going, hon! We need them here more than we need them riding off." Then I turn to Tootsie, "keep an eye on that blue-eyed bitch. She's trouble."

I run over to Star and the others, and butt right in on their conversation. "Chosen — what the hell are you doing here?"
  • edited December 2013
    She turns to you, calm and poised, answering simply, "Greetings, Kiddo and Vee. You did not return to the lake."

Amazon gives you a look that sort of looks like she thinks she's getting "cock-blocked". Mamba senses the stress in your voice, and you see her hand hovering near her pistol. Just in case.

VB ignores the Chosen and heads off to stop Svenja from leaving.
  • I look to Amazon with a steely gaze — what's that old saying? Don't stick it in crazy? At least Mamba's got the right frakking idea... I look back to Chosen and stand up straighter, "You're frakking right I didn't — and none of us will until I'm sure that weird stuff you're calling water is safe for consumption."
  • "Have you tasted it?" she asks, but you know she knows the answer. She looks to Amazon, adds a little sultry to her voice, "Would you like a taste?

Amazon swallows, sort of fascinated and sort of freaked out, "N-no. No thanks."

Chosen cocks her head, "It is not uncommon for people to boil water they consider unsafe. Feel free to do so." She reaches into her small bag to pull out a small waterskin with a finely embroidered cover. She hands it to you.

What do you do?
  • I look at her in complete disbelief, "we don't want your frakking water! And if I hear you, or your people, are offering my people a drink from your tainted water again, I'm throwing you the frak out. Now if you please, I can't stand here and tell you your water isn't welcome here all day."

I point to the bay door, and wait expectantly.
  • Are you willing to do violence if she remains? Or is this just an attempt to manipulate her into leaving?
  • If she promises not to tempt people with water, she can stay — but if she's only here to tempt people into drinking the water, then I'll throw her out myself.
  • "There is no need for threats, Kiddo. There are many who are thirsty." Chosen says. She looks right at Amazon and says, "If there is anything you desire, please come with me, Amazon." She saunters away.

Amazon watches her go, then looks at you, with a pouty lip. Star punches her in the arm, "Oh give it a rest, horndog. You are one whiney bitch. Let's go find our drek, alright?" She smirks over at you.
  • Creepy frakking bitch... I narrow my eyes at her, and scowl as she walks away. I shake my head at Amazon when she pouts, "No! Absolutely not! That woman is frakking crazy!"

I wait for Star to finish announcing her intentions, before reaching out to stop her. "Actually," I say with a rising tone, "I was hoping to talk to you Star... All of you, really, but Star specifically... We need to talk about Spree — I want you to take over for her."
  • Starburst narrows her eyes, "Is she alright?"

Tootsie Roll cuts in, "No, she was asleep when she shoulda been down here doin what you're doing, looking for your drek. I've been here inside half an hour and I can see it. I know y'all can, too. Bitch needs to go."

That doesn't please Starburst a bit. She glowers at Tootsie Roll, "Toot, the minute I want your nomad opinion, I'll beat it out of you, you two-timing bitch."

Tootise Roll rolls her eyes dramatically, "Oh Star, give it a rest. I can outride, outfight and outdrink any of your wanna-bes... well, 'cept Mamba."

Mamba stares daggers at Tootsie Roll. Amazon's still glancing over at Chosen, sort of paying attention.

Svenja, Zag, Whopper and Mirage come up about now, VB walking with Zag. Zag just tried to put an arm around VB and Vee elbowed her in the ribs, pretty hard. She chuckles and rubs her side, then winks at you, Kiddo.

Zagnut says, "Toot! Damn, you're looking fine!" Tootsie Roll grins and gives Zagnut a big hug.

What do you do?
  • Old frakking bat, hitting on my girl... What is that bullshit, anyway? Frakking Zagnut.

Tootsie and Star will find their proper stride. I'm not worried about that, 'cause skill decides whether you make it or break it in the Candys — well, most of the time. I'm not here to piss anyone off — just hand the torch, and set marching orders. I wait for Tootsie to go hug Zag before continuing, "Star... Your girls here came to me looking for results earlier today — me, not Spree — and that means they don't frakking trust her to get the job done. I had to go chat with Nezzy about cleaning this place up, 'cause someone snuck into your HQ right under your noses."

I sigh, disappointed, "Spree's working herself to the bone, Star... The woman's a Ma' to twins, and trying to lead a gang of women, half of which are better suited for the job than she is. She's burning the candle at both ends, and taking a blowtorch to the wax — but y'know who's on top of shit? You are. Your girls need you, Star. I would step up if I could, but it's your frakking gang," I look down to my belly, and rest my hand on top of it, "and I've got my own shit to worry about."
  • Kiddo, it sounds to me like you're manipulating Starburst into taking over the gang. Your leverage is the gang's trust in your say-so, the risk is that the hand-over will cause serious friction and bad feelings.
  • OOC: Manipulating Star into taking the gang. Roll+Cool* (Easy to trust). +1XP.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 2, 1. Total: 6)
  • OOC: Help from VB. Roll+Hx.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 3, 1. Total: 5)
  • Starburst looks at you, Kiddo, a little shaken at this whole turn of events. She says with a look like it makes her sick to say it, "I'm not gonna kill Spree, she's my best friend, Kiddo."

VB comes in with, "You don't have to kill her, Star..."

"The frak I don't!" Starburst says angrily, but she doesn't step to VB, she's just emotional. "Blood in, blood out. We formed up this chapter, me, Spree, Pay and Mamba. Spree stepped up, and we all decided, to keep the peace, only one way someone takes over. Either Spree is dead. Or Spree leaves the gang. And she aint doin either."

She looks back at you, Kiddo, "Kiddo, I get what you're saying, she's having a rough time of it, alright? You don't know the drek she did to get us our bikes, the things she put up with so we'd still have food. We will work around it. We'll find our drek and we'll keep watch over this place. And Spree stays put."

She gives all the Candies a hard look, except Mamba, and says, "And you bitches don't get any bright ideas. You hurt Spree, and I will frakking end you. Even accidents. And I sure as frak know Spree wouldn't raise a hand to a single one of her sisters, so don't EVEN try some self-defense drek."

The Candies just look at her. not sure how to take this. Amazon and Mirage nod, look away. Zag shakes her head in silent disappointment. Mamba just watches Tootsie Roll, daring her to mouth off, but she doesn't.

What do you do?
  • I cannot believe the bullshit that I'm hearing... What kind of a moron leader would make such a stupid rule?

... Oh, wait...

I'm done here. I've done everything I can for these frakking bitches, and if Star won't listen to reason, then they're on their own.

"Are you kidding me?" I whisper, raising a hand to my head, to massage my temples. "Star..." I sigh, "if you keep Spree in charge, you're going to run her into the ground. She's tired. She's getting lazy. Eventually she'll make more mistakes than good calls, and your girls' lives will be on the line. The bitch is going to get herself killed, and that's going to be on you."

I look her in the eyes, "step the frak up. If you won't kick some sense into her, then I frakking will."
  • Starburst does not flinch. She looks you in the eyes right back. She's not gonna back down. It feels like this might become an actual fight, Kiddo. I mean, if you weren't pregnant, Star might have done something already.

Then one of the girls says, "I'll talk to Spree." It's Mamba. Star exhales sharply, then shakes her head a little. The girls start chilling out.

What do you do?
  • I don't flinch. I just watch them deflate from the tension as Mamba agrees to talk to Spree. I look to her and add, "she knows already. She's agreed to back down. It is better this way — you'll see..."

I look back to Star, "I don't think you'll be needing me anymore."
  • Star moves on, getting the girls organized on searching for their stuff, half looking outside, half in The Bay, then working their way up the decks. She even assigns Tootsie Roll on one of the details, begrudgingly.

And its you and VB. She says quietly, "I thought you were gonna hafta kick Star's ass. Glad you didn't... I don't wanna share you with a whole gang, Momma."
  • Yeah... Neither did I. "I'm tired of dealing with all this gang bullshit, Hon... I just wanna focus on my family, and my gigs. Juggling the needs of a gang is just one too many balls in the air. I really wish Omo would have worked out — because this whole thing would've been so much easier — but now that Star's taking over, maybe Omo'll finally be a real frakking Ma' to her kids, yeah?"

I sigh, "can you go tell Zag about the deal with Buck? Let them deal with it... I'm gunna get us some food. I wanna get home and work on some of those laws. I've been putting it off for way too long."
  • VB heads off to catch up with Zag, get her working on things.

Should we skip ahead? Where to next?
  • Let's skip ahead a bit, to let Kiddo get established as an Operator.

Maybe open with a scene of her, Vee(?) and Rinso eating dinner with the rest of the family?
  • --END SCENE--