[Junk XIII] Are You Taking Applications? (K 6-8, S 6-8)

edited December 2013 in Junkworld XIII
Stitch,

You're headed out of the infirmary, about to pass the lift when it opens up. A rather tired Kiddo, and a very rough-looking Spree come out.

Kiddo,

You see Stitch with what must be the kids she mentioned earlier. One of them might be a teen, but she's skinnier than VB and in a tattered hospital gown. You recognize one of them from the market, though. What were they stealing when you saw them and did they know you saw?

What do you do?

Comments

• I wave to Stitch, my eyelids feeling very frakking heavy. I yawn, "Hey sweetie — got a minute?"

I look over and spot the girl in the hospital gown — my jaw almost drops at how skinny she is. Holy frak! This girl needs some food! I almost don't notice her thieving little counterpart — she was trying to steal my music player from my bag. She didn't realize that the music stopped playing in my ears when she unplugged the little thingy from it.

I spooked her with a stone-cold glare, and told her to get lost. It's not like I'd have beaten the shit out of a kid or something.
  • "Sure." I tell Kiddo, looking around for Metro.
  • Metro's here. He was chatting with Sansui. Sansui was a little bored because Metro was talking about math.
  • I don't really want to waste her time... she seems really busy. "So Sp... Omo here has decided to leave the Candies, and she's going to be looking for something to do so she can keep her beautiful baby girls fed — she's real smart, and she can read and write and stuff... You think you could give her a job?"
  • edited December 2013
    "Oh." I say, surprised. "Yeah, sure. We can always use people. Not sure what I can pay you, but we'll work something out."

"Can you come back to the infirmary tomorrow? I'm kinda running around now..." I tell her.
  • I look back to Spree and smile, "If she can't keep you at a decent salary, I might have something you can help me out with... Council stuff... I can write, but I don't write very fast anymore, if you know what I mean. Between the two of us, we can get you sorted."
  • Stitch,

Omo looks at Kiddo for a moment, then walks forward, I'm pretty fluent with computers, I was raised on a crashed ship in the valley, the tech is pretty close to what you have here. I know I look pretty drek right now, but I clean up alright. And not that it matters, I can ride, fight and shoot, too. And, Kiddo, I'll take your work, too."
  • How many crashed ships are there on this planet?!?

"I've been looking for another nurse." I tell her. I don't know if she'll fit, but Weetabix has been going nuts lately.
  • "Then I'm your girl," Omo says, and smiles, showing her missing upper tooth.
  • I yawn again, this time with a deliberate bit of flair. "There, see?" I put a hand to my mouth, and finish the yawn, "C'mon sweetie. I've got a spare bed for you and the girls — until you can find a good place of your own. Come get a good night's sleep, and we can sort out details for Abba and Zabba in the morning."
  • Omo looks at you, Kiddo, nods, and follows you onto the lift. After the doors close, she says without looking at you, "Yesterday was the worst day of my life. Today... it's not so bad. Thanks, Kiddo."
  • edited December 2013
    I smirk to myself and look over to her knowingly, "you caught me in a good mood... I like it when things work out how they're supposed to. With any luck, thing's'll keep getting better... Just let me know if things start piling up again — I don't like kicking your ass for no good reason."
  • Omo nods, yawning herself now. The lift opens and you head to your flat. Payday kisses Omo's cheek, heads out. You set her up with the spare bed and she falls asleep with Abba on her left, Zabba on her right.

VB snuggles in with you as you're drifting off to sleep and says, "You're pretty wonderful, Momma. Now get some sleep for our baby."

--END SCENE--