[SWAW] Demons and such [Kelb Tott S3]

edited December 2013 in SWAW
Kelb,

It took you a little less time to get to Piri's than you expected. It seems Squall knew the way. What was the conversation like on the way out here? When you knock on the door, the little greeter-droid comes out and spots Squall. She smiles nervously, and it disappears relatively quickly. The door opens to reveal the spice den unchanged from the last time you've arrived. It's still a dank, dark, stinky hole where people go to get high. In the main area, among various patrons, you spot Piri, Pem and Tott. They're wrapping up a conversation.

Pem is coming over to greet you.

Tott,

Just as you turn to leave, the front toor to Piri's slides open and Kelb walks in with a rather nervous looking Squall. Pem walks over to greet her.

What do you do?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    During the walk here, I tried to keep things light. No need to let her dwell on going to the spice den. Plus, I like having another girl on the team. Luckily, since she's Rattataki, which means we don't have to talk about hair. I like that.

I ask her what she thinks about Tott, mention that I think he's gorgeous, see what she thinks. Of course, I'll check to see what she knows about him, since she's nosey.

As we come closer, I step closer, say into her ear, "We all mess up sometimes, Squall. It takes a warrior to face their past, and overcome it." Then I pat her on her butt, as encouragement, and of course, a little joke about having her backside earlier. Plus, you know, she has a cute butt.
  • I walk up to Kelb quickly, and say lowly so that Piri won't overhear. "I think your merchant will be able to sleep easier tonight."
  • I raise an eyebrow at Tott, look over at Pem, too. "Care to explain why?" I cross my arms and wait for the bad news.
  • A loose smile, head tilt, eye twinkle. "I've taken care of their muscle - they're not dead, just relocated - and I've arranged a buyer for Tivudi's goods."
  • I'm not sure if I am impressed with his moxie or scared of the repercussions of whatever they did. I check on Squall, how is she looking?

"What was he selling? "
  • "Spice. Piri called it Giggle Dust. I'm not really a connoisseur."
  • Squall looks nervous as hell. She's tense, keeping her arms crossed tight, and not really moving much from her spot at the door. She looks like she really wants to leave. Piri looks like he's about to walk over at talk to her.
  • "He's backed by a Hutt, I'm not sure we've seen all they have."

I'm watching Squall, and Piri both. If Squall starts to go off with Piri or takes something from him, I'll step in.
  • "Well, that complicates things. Wanna get out of here and regroup?"
  • edited December 2013
    "Yeah, lets," I say as I turn with then to head out. I grab Squall on the way out and fill Tott in, "This guy is trying to get some creds to pay off a bunch of debt for betting on pit fighting. I've got some new blood watching the stores starting tomorrow... which is maybe too late now."

"Guess I should go deliver an ultimatum. Wanna help?"
  • Squall is all too happy to leave — in fact, she's out the door pretty much as soon as you suggest leaving. She relaxes notably once outside.
  • "Sure. Maniacal or stoic, you think?"
  • edited December 2013
    I'd forgotten Tott's "range" and talents and chuckle. "Stoic, I think. With the guards out of action and some backup, I think stoic is a good angle. The thing is, if this new guy can play ball, our client wants to work with him. He's surprisingly reasonable."
  • "Frosty. So what's the plan, then?"
  • "Walk in as he close up shop and let him know the folly of his ways. Do you mind being the messemger? I'll play the heavy with Jazz and Pem."
  • edited December 2013
    "Sure. Sounds fun. Wonder if he'll notice his missing friends before he feels a need for them."
  • Both,

Let's jump some time to the closing of market stalls. You're standing in an alleyway overlooking Tivudi's shop — he's looking nervous and angry, scanning the thinning crowd for his brutes no doubt. Jazz is in full armor, looking as menacing as ever. Pem has his blaster at the ready.

Everyone is ready to go. What do you do?
  • OOC: This most def feels Methodical, so I'm going to roll my move.

(Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 2, 5. Total: 10)
  • edited December 2013
    I'm standing a little ways away, out of line of sight. I've got my blaster rifle in a sling holster across my chest, keeping it prominent. I've dressed in my Go Gear. A heavy, black, lightly armored trench coat over bulky utility pants and a tight-fitting, blade resistant black shirt. My head tails are crowned with a band of stylistic fabric thorns, in a pattern similar to my chain, which is draped around my hips.

I roll my shoulders, mug a little bit, before strolling up to Tivudi with long, aggressive steps.

"Hey, drukweed. We need to talk."
  • Tivudi the Gran freezes when you approach, and puffs out his chest in defiance — it looks like a taught reflex. "We're closed," he answers tersely, "and I've got things to do. If you're lucky, I may be able to receive you tomorrow."
  • edited December 2013
    I feel a lazy smile spill. "You've almost got that right. If you're lucky, you'll be able to receive visitors tomorrow. The next day at best." I step forward, looming over him by a good quarter meter. "Unless, of course, we come to an arrangement."
  • Tivudi chokes on the thick tension in the air, and his eyes narrow into thin slits. "Who are you, and who do you think you are, threatening me like that?"
  • edited December 2013
    "I'm a Twi'lek, Tivudi. I appreciate cunning, and order. The rules of the universe. Women birth. The stars tug on the planets. The strong devour the weak." I pause to let that sink in.

"You, Tivudi, you drukstain, you have been stupid. You have been sticking your nose in places, causing problems for people who are like me - people who appreciate rules, the correct way of doing things. I don't crinking like it, Tivudi." I step forward slowly throughout this last bit, forcing his back against his inventory. "I am here to tutor you, like a benevolent crinking agent of mercy."
  • This is like a trid, watching Tott rip into Tivudi like this. He's a real artist at this, and those spikes on his lekku look really intimidating.

I'd like to observe this guy, see how he's taking this berating. Does he even realize his thugs are gone?
  • Reading Tivudi:
    (Rolled: 2d6+2 . Rolls: 6, 1. Total: 9)

(+1 XP )
  • (using Bond with Tott to push this to a 10)

• how could I get Tivudi to back off and follow the Merchant Cabal's rules?
  • edited October 2014
    Kelb,

If the Merchant cabal promised to pay off his debts, he would ease up in the short term. If Jabba the Hutt accepted the cabal's offer, whatever that may be, he'd play ball long term. Of course, he's also here against his will imposing illegal Spice trade... So I'd wager that "debt" must be pretty big.

Tott,

Tivudi backs away from you towards a counter near the rear of the stall. He leans against it, and tries his best to stare you down. "Whose rules? The rules of ten drinking buddies who fix prices in the market to get rich? I'll have you know I offered them a chance to let me do my work. All they had to do was vote me in, and I'd have left them alone."
  • "You think you'd have learned not to mess with your betters, Tivudi. It's why you're here in the first place. Children shouldn't try and play with grown ups."
  • I say from behind Tott, "I don't think he'll play ball. I told you he was too thick-headed."
  • I glance at Kelb, my head tails tensing and relaxing pleasurably at the tone of derision in her voice. "He should do as he's told, like a good child whose elders know better."
  • "Spare the rod, spoil the child, right?" I nod to Jazz to watch the door.
  • "My thoughts exactly." I pull out my blaster rifle, intending to use the butt of it.
  • Tott,

Roll Threaten for me, if you please.
  • Threatening Tivuti:
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 5, 1. Total: 9)
  • OOC: So we're clear, there's no door here. It's just a covered stall filled with goods in a nearly empty street.

Tivudi raises his hands off the counter behind him, and holds them out to stay your hand. "Wait, wait, wait! OK... You've made your point. There's no need for anyone to get rash now... I'm not the man in charge here. I'm just the face. I'll tell you who's in charge, just don't hurt me — please!"
  • I let the voice modulator on my helmet's mask add a little metallic rasp to it when I say, "Jabba just wants his creds back, he's not fronting you, Tivudi. Don't try to pin your name to him when you're just trying to duck his leg-breakers."

I purposefully glare at him with my visor, the eyes he cannot see. "You cannot push the Cabal around. You have two choices. Follow the edicts of the Cabal, or find somewhere else for your trade. Make a choice, Tivudi. Make it now. Or we choose option three for you, which is we make you disappear."
  • He looks terrified by option 3, "No, please! I swear I'm not the man you want! If I start playing ball with the cabal, I'll just be replaced by someone else with more backbone! You need to believe me!"
  • "Educate us, Tivudi." I say with a hint of irritation in my mechanical voice, "Because you look like some two bit spice dealer. What is it, other than creds, that you, and supposedly Jabba, think you can get from moving into the upper levels on Kestic? What's your angle to get a vote, other than creds?"

I look to Tott, "Make him be straight with us. I'm getting impatient."
  • I stare cooly down at the terrified little man. Time to cut the rycrit druk.

Reading Vituvi, spending two hold:
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 1, 3. Total: 7)
  • "Here's what's going to happen, Tivudi. You're going to sell your stock. We have a buyer lined up. You're going to leave. You're going to tell your boss, he needs to play by the rules as well. That the only reason this place remains such a beautiful den of inequity is because of these rules, the order of the Cabal. Understood?"

What does he intend to do?
  • Tivudi is perhaps as frustrated as both of you, and blurts out, "I can't help you. You're picking a fight with people who can bury your little cabal! Do you really think they'd be living on Kestic if they held the credits to control multiple worlds? Do you think my employer," he says that with effect, but you can tell he's clear it means Jabba, "will listen?" He lets his arms drop to his sides, and shakes his head, "the only thing you're buying by sending me away is time to move out before your cabal's friends start turning up dead."

He looks between you, hoping you understand, "if I don't do this for Jabba, I'll be nothing but a slave for the rest of my life — presuming he doesn't feed me to his Rankor, or the Sarlacc... If you can talk your friends into letting me into the cabal, I can be lenient. I can help mitigate the damage. If you send me away though, I'm as good as dead."

OOC: Tivudi intends to do this job until his life is being threatened. Beyond that, he has no idea what he's going to do... He'll probably suffer the consequences of failure, and beg Jabba for forgiveness.
  • "We are picking a fight with you, Tivudi." I say pointedly. "One that we have already won. In case it is not clear, you are dangerously close to option three." I consider if its worth offering this idiot a chance to play by Xixys' rules, I'm not sure he's capable. However, he hasn't killed anyone that I know of, which may be his one saving grace. "This is the last time we will ask. Will you agree to continue selling in the lower levels, to earn a spot in the Cabal rather than bully your way on, and therefore pay off Jabba and keep your miserable life, or should we make an example of you, and send your carcass out an airlock?"

Before he has a chance to answer, I raise my voice and point at him, "Don't waste our time talking about Jabba, calling him your employer. He will not avenge you, he doesn't care about you, only your credits. This is the last time we will ask. Refuse, and it is option three."
  • Tivudi shakes his head, obviously disappointed with this outcome... You've got him entirely at your mercy. He doesn't want to die, and this is the most immediate threat to his life... He looks to you, Kelb, and says, "What else can I do? You won't listen to me. I will play by your rules as long as I can, but eventually Jabba will send men to threaten me, and I will have to make a choice — bow to his threats and move forward with his desires, or bow to yours and face Jabba's wrath."

He looks between you, "It is the best I can offer you — a few days at best, before Jabba's man checks in. When I am not making the progress he's asked for, he'll send in a replacement, and you'll be making this same threat to someone who will not listen as well as I do."
  • Is he telling the truth about more men coming from Jabba if he "fails" to take over the upper levels and get into the Cabal?
  • OOC: Yup.
  • edited October 2014
    "Well, Tivudi, it sounds like Jabba is your rock." I point off into the either. "And we are your hard place." I gesture to the group assembled here to browbeat him into submission. Then I step right up behind Tott, meaning to intimidate him, except I also brush against Tott's back (I didn't mean to, seriously).

"You're a gambling man, Tivudi." I mock. "If you're smart, I'm sure you can find a way to earn the creds Jabba wants and still follow the rules of the Cabal. After all, it is your life on the line."

I slip back from Tott, and turn to leave, "Is there anything more, Tivudi? Are we clear, Tivudi?"
  • Tivudi is shivering noticeably when you turn to leave. He shakes his head in response to your question, then nods, "we're clear... I hope your friends have enough credits to pay your bills for a while. I think they're going to need them."

What do you do?
  • I glance over my shoulder. "Who says I'm getting paid, Tivudi?" My eyes glitter. "I just find chewing up little Bantha poodoo like you fun."
  • After we're a goodly distance from Tivudi and his stall, I hang back to walk beside Tott and remove my helmet. As usual, my hair is frizzy, it gets that way in the helmet. I puff some air to get a few stray bits out of my left eye and look up at Tott, "Nice work with that guy."

I snicker a bit, then look up at him and ask, "So ah... you like chewing Bantha poodoo?" I full on laugh then, and shoulder bump him a little, good-naturedly.
  • My spirits are high right now, and my blood is warmed by the mixture of warrior and maiden of the woman beside me. "I do! Refreshing and good for the digestion." I slow our pace to a stop, and tuck a finger under her chin, meeting our eyes. "I suspect, however, that I would more enjoy human skin on my tongue."
  • Ohhhhh my. That's tempting. Gah, must not sleep with team-mates. Must not sleep with team-mates!

I blink a couple times at him, frozen by his eyes and that confident grin of his. Finally, I manage, "I could, heh, talk to Jazz for you." I meant to sound tough, but I think that came out a little soft. Am I drooling? I swear, my tummy is doing flip flops. Did he look this good back then?

Yes. Yes, he did.
  • She melts so beautifully.

I slide my hand up her cheek, lean forward, and take her lower lip between my teeth, biting just hard enough. I purr against her mouth.

"Yes...much tastier."
  • I freeze when he moves in on me. Pem and Jazz are right there! Bad idea. Bad idea! Why can't I move away. Just turn your head, Kelborn, don't. Let. Him. Dooooo that.

Oh. He did that.

Wasn't I drooling a minute ago? Why is my mouth dry now?

My tongue dances up to run acorss his teeth. Tongue! Get back here! Oh, this is a wreck, I have to put a stop to this before it gets any further. He's just teasing me! He's trying to get one over on me, he's going to laugh at me any second now!

Finally, my right hand obeys and I put it on his chest. His really, muscled and toned chest. Finally, I push. I meant to shove, but I manage a push. When I break free from the delicious prison, I say, "Hey," I say quiet, more vulnerable than I mean to sound, "I'm... your boss. Okay?" Assert authority, Kelborn! Say it like you mean it! You do NOT need his permission to be in charge!
  • My head tails lift inquisitively. I press my wrists together in front of me. "I can play that way, Mistress." I know what she means, and I swear I'll stop just as soon as she stops looking so warm and delicious.

Probably.
  • Why do I want to grab him and drag him away to my quarters? Look at how the light dances in his eyes, he's joking All a joke, need to take control now. This could ruin the entire team. I can hear Jazz now, "Kelb, you nerf-herder, how could you let Tott waltz right in and take over the team like that? Why are you so weak?!?"

I've heard lekku are erogenous zones for Twi'Leks...

"Good." I say as I stand up straighter. I am not looking at Jazz or Pem. I can see them both standing there, I know they're laughing. Or mad. Probably both.

"Let's head back to Xixys, let him know what happened with Tivudi." I'm moving while I still have strength in my legs. Must not sleep with team-mates is the mantra running through my head over and over.
  • edited October 2014
    == END SCENE ==