[Snowpocalypse] Lemma, the Savvyhead

A few years ago, Lemma walked into town alone. She hadn't been alone when she started walking. The cold took things from her. Anyway, she set up shop in that old gas station and started fixing people's shit.

She's maybe mid-40s. Close-cropped brown hair. Cheekbones and jawline you could cut yourself on. Crow's feet. Everything she wears is straps and pockets. There's the knife strapped to her thigh, yeah, but it's just another tool.

She likes putting things together, and keeping the cold at bay.

Look: woman, utility wear plus tech, expressive face, appraising eyes, wiry body.

Images: Tragically, none of Lena Headey, Olivia Williams, or Claudia Black has ever played a cold-weather survivalist. So.
Working:
Appraising:
But wearing one of these:
And these, when she needs them:

Stats:
Cool-1
Hard=0
Hot+1
Sharp+2
Weird+3

Moves:
Things Speak: Roll +weird to ask the MC questions about an object.
Spooky Intense: Act Under Fire with +weird instead of +cool.

Workshop: a garage, machining tools, weird-ass electronica.

It's the wreckage of an old gas station. She salvaged some of the hydraulic lifts. The big cover's still standing, and she's got a ladder going up there and some piles of weird shit. You can't keep a whole garage warm enough to live in, so she mostly works in what used to be the convenience store part. There's a little basement-- maybe she dug it? That's where she sleeps, tight and warm as she can get.

Hx:
Ross: +2
Silica: -2
Molotov: -1
Hadden: -2
Dice: 0

Crap:
hunting rifle (2-harm far loud)
big knife (2-harm hand)
fashion worth 1-armor (the jacket, padded snow pants, boots)
oddments worth 3-barter

XP: 1

First advance: New Savvyhead move, Deep Insights (+1 Weird)
Second advance: +1 Sharp

Comments

• Lemma's Brain Opening Style:

So, first, goose bumps, and a chill that spreads from the back of your neck like you're being baptized in ice water. Everything gets slow, or, I have hypothesized after it's over, I experience everything very quickly.

Then the auroras get brighter and swallow everything. Or maybe everything has its own aurora, limned in green and blue. Some things are brighter than others. Sometimes the bright things are important.

There's a noise in the background, hissing and popping like radio static, and sometimes there are voices in the noise, or I think there are.

Anyway, sometimes that's all that happens, or sometimes while all that's going on I'll see something else, a more specific (though not always helpful) vision.

Always, though: cold, and auroras, and static.