[Snowpocalypse] Unwanted Intrusions (M 2.3)

edited February 2014 in Snowpocalypse
Molotov,

You're woken by a banging on the door. You're in Roxy's room. She rises to put on a silky robe, answers the door. Do you lay there, or get up?

It's Invert. She comes in, scanning the room. She's wearing some guy's shirt and her own jeans, pulled on hastily. She's armed. "Trouble, boss. Heard on the wire. Cs made a move on Grease Park."

What do you do?

Comments

• edited February 2014
    From Molotov:

It's banging, da? I'm up and unholstered in a single motion, like stretching and yawning. But, the gun is lowered as Invert is revealed. "Fuck," is my response to the news, and I take a little moment to think, covering my face with gun and hands, and sighing into both.

'Fuck' is understatement of the century. I need to hear all that can be heard from Never Summer. He'll give me the details I need to know, ten minutes after I needed to know them — ten minutes ago. I rub my face, speak into my little radio, and then throw it onto the couch.

"Vtoroy, is Molotov. Tell me situation," is what I said, and then I'm either dressing to static or the sound of whichever voice responds. To Invert, "Get Disaster. Bonk. King. Accordion-man."

I'm hoping little shit Endeavor didn't get in trouble, and for Preservers sake, that he did not wear that stupid red coat.
  • edited February 2014
    To Molotov:

Invert takes off, quick.

Never Summer replies, tzir voice casual and composed:
    Master, we repelled the first attack. They came by demanding we return their generator. I advised them we did not have their generator, they decided I wasn't being truthful. As a side note, sir, we need more C-4. Can you pick that up at market?

All the while behind him, you hear sporadic gunfire, and a few screams.
  • edited February 2014
    From Molotov

It's to that chorus of gunfire and screaming that I'm holstering my magnum and slinging my cheap, second-hand hunting rifle over a shoulder. I'm now dressed, head-to-toe in kevlar and ski-gear and tattoos, with a poncho for flair. Roxy is standing over there, leaning casually back on her desk, and our eyes make contact.

Calmly, into the radio, with pauses between each sentence like Ruskies always speak, like maybe Ruskies spoke 'Radio' before the Fall:
    I am coming home. C4 is for another day.

And then, because of that look Roxy is giving me, because family, I depress the button one more time:
    We are more than Grease Park. You will retreat, if retreating will save life. We will come by Freight Tunnels. Fuller Park.

CLICK. Silence. Never Summer is operating a gang missing five of its best men. Tze is defending a siege for our shitty little not-even-hold, against Chi-town's most armed gang. Tze is risking lives, willing to delay me, despite obvious signs of urgency. Tze is trying to prove something... and I will be furious if I find out Sparekeys have died.

For now, I let the rage simmer, and say my goodbyes to Roxy.
  • Molotov:

I'd like to see you roll a Pack Alpha here. I know it's abstract, with Never Summer on the radio, but I'm sure if you blow the roll, we can figure out what happens.
  • OOC: Okay. Da. Pack Alpha. Roll+Hard.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 5, 2. Total: 10)
  • edited February 2014
    To Molotov,

There's a pause before Never Summer responds:
    As you wish, my master. We will move the non-combatants to the sewer exit, and begin our retreat. There are many resources we cannot move with us, master. Do we leave them for the victors? Or sow the field with salt?

Invert and the others come running to Roxy's office about now.
  • edited February 2014
    From Molotov:

Fuck. Of course it comes down to yet another choice with no "right" decision. You could say the entire world went left after the Fall. But, life is full of hard decisions, and it's the man's job to be making them look easy.

So I click the radio on and say in my voice, that voice I have when I'm not alone with Roxy, the one that makes hard decisions sound easy:
    Da. C4 and sled fuel and whatever else. Blow it up.

And then I'm pushing past my Sparekeys to get out the door. But, I give each of them a hard, long look, letting them speak up if they want to; they deserve that. Roxy got her kiss earlier but she gets another look, not so hard, but just as long. It's the sort of look we've started giving each other before leaving. It's like, don't die but I'll miss you if you do.
  • edited February 2014
    To Molotov:

Invert cries out, "All my shit is there, man!" She has her pistol out, pointed down, but she's pissed. Not, I'll-shoot-you pissed, but she's upset about this.

Disaster cuts in, "Those fuckers are gonna take it, Innie. And you know they'll either shit on it or take it back to their Field. You wanna go get it back?"

King shouts, "They wanna take our shit! They die for it! Molotov is fucken right! Let Never blow them to Hell and we dance on their graves! We can shack up here and get fucked and all that! Allll day!"

Invert raises a brow, then waves her gun hand at him dismissively, "That's stupid, King. We can't afford to live here. They wouldn't want our monkey asses here permanent like. Where we gonna stay, Molotov? Fuck, man! Let's just run back and kill them first!"
  • From Molotov:

"OK!" I am saying, but not shouting, because who gains any control from shouting? It's the unsure man that shouts. "OK, I get it, this is big deal." And I'm talking to Invert, with a hand on her shoulder; young King doesn't matter and Disaster gets it. "This is not soft decision to make. Is hard one. But, what are other options in this thing. Let me tell you. We go back, little group us, and help how many others fighting there who are good with gun. Never Summer, Satchel, Firebug, Sasquatch, few others. We go back there against an army of Cs and Soldja boys, all for a pile of shit. We lose people for these piles of shit. Artect. Endeavor. Family."

And my voice is hard, like no-compromise can be had here. It's not true to say I'm 100% on this. I'm not. It's times like this when I wonder, do these people sometimes still see me as outsider? Do they only listen to me because I fucked up their previous fucker-upper? Why do they follow me? If I ask these questions too much, will they see it on my face, and ask it to themselves?

I know I'm saving lives, making their lives better, even if better is not that good. You try and find somebody with a good life in this world. It's not possible. So I pay them back for their loyalty, for their listening, and I take responsibility for killing their leader, and I treat them like family...

"Your shit is no longer important. I've decided this. Your shit is worth less to us than our lives," I conclude, letting go of Invert's shoulder. "But, you can disagree, and fight for your shit. I will be disappointed, though... because badass."

I hold the door open and stand there. I'm done talking. It's not often that I'm not done talking, and Invert got more than Molotov a week ago would have given her. She even got a slight little smile, right at the end there.
  • To Molotov:

Invert is angrily listening to you, up till the end. Then, the "badass" comment, and the smile happens. The left corner of her mouth quirks up and she angrily forces it back down, but you won. She says, "We gotta meet up with them. C's might not all bite it, so if we're saving them, let's not half-ass, yo?"

Disaster agrees, "Yeah, we do that."

So Molotov, why don't we do a custom move here to see how well your gang is able to evac, sow the fields with salt and maybe take a few of them down with it?

When your followers are trying to evacuate a place during an assault, roll+ Cool
    On a hit, choose options. On a 7-9, choose two. On a 10+, take all three. On a 12+, the results are on the lips of the people of Chi-Town for a while.
    * You don't lose anybody
    * You don't lose any stuff to the invaders
    * You do 1-Harm AP to the Invaders

(Option three can be chosen multiple times)

On a miss, disaster
    (not the gang member)
  • OOC: Evacuate Grease Park. Roll+Cool.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 6, 6. Total: 13)
  • Let's see us...
    • not lose anybody
    • do 2-Harm AP to the Invaders
  • A few minutes after you head out, you're on the street, moving as quick as you can back towards Grease Park.

That's when the explosion happens. It's freakin huge. Throws Invert and King to their asses, Disaster ends up grabbing a bar window to stay up. Three blocks away and you felt the rush of wind. The sound was deafening.

"Fuck a duck!" King yells as he scrambles to his feet. "I think Grease Park is Grease Spot now! Yeah! Fuck yooooooh, Ceeessss!!!" He flips a bird at nobody in particular.

Invert's not laughing. Disaster and the others are worried, too. Nothing to do but move on, to the reconnoiter point.

Please go here.