[Snowpocalypse] Healing (R 2.4)

2»

Comments

• To Rossi:

Jester scrambles up on his crutches, using your help. He's scared as hell by whatever that is. "What do you think that was?" But you're heading to the alleys, to get to Crossover, right?
  • That's the general idea, yeah... I look back over my shoulder, helping Jester move as quickly as I can, "Fuck if I know..." An explosion, obviously, a lot like the one Molotov and me used to blow up the northern mines... Fuck... "Let's get you to Crossover. The Underlakes might not be safe right now... If Silica's down there, I've gotta get her out of there."
  • To Rossi:

Jester hustles on, "Yeah, let's worry about your sister. Sorry, Rossi. Family first!" You two pass down into the Tunnels to reach Crossover, and I imagine you pick it up to reach your sister, right? Not worried about leaving Jester behind?

If so, give me an Act Under Fire to get there in time.
  • I'm extremely worried about leaving Jester behind — but if people are blowing shit up, and that fucking owl is coming to get me, then I need to be sure my sister is OK! I gave Jester the sniper rifle I stole from Frontside's cousin, and tell him to sell it for whatever the fuck it's worth... That should get him a place to lock the door and be safe in while I'm out...
  • OOC: AUF to get to Silica on time. Roll+Cool.
    (Rolled: 2d6+1. Rolls: 4, 4. Total: 9)
  • edited February 2014
    To Rossi,

You pick up to a jog, running for Underlake. It's a longass jog. You're in good shape though, right?

As you get to the split for the mines or living area, you hear a rifle shot. Definitely the mines.

What do you do?
  • I climb scrapers in my spare time — I'm in pretty good shape. I'm just glad I opted for the sports bra under the wraps today...

As for the gunshot, that stops me dead in my tracks... Fuck. I look around a minute, then reach into my bag and haul out my mask, slipping it on quickly. Please don't be Silica... Please don't be Silica...
  • edited February 2014
    To Ross:

After you slip the mask on and continue, you hear Silica's voice, screaming: "goddamnit Squirrel! You fucking shit!" It echoes a few times.

Then you hear two more shots, a different gun, a pistol. Running. Towards you.

A man wearing Eskimo glasses and furs, holding a whip tinged with blood in one hand, a pistol in the other, is running down the tunnel towards you. The guy is running like hell.

He's one of Stink Bug's guys, you recognize him. It's Pretzel. He must not recognize you because he brings his gun up like he's going to aim it at you, yelling, "Get the hell outta my way"

What do you do?
  • I point my shotgun at him and shake my head. "You're gunna put your shit down, and not move, or I'm gunna fucking end you."
  • To Ross:

Let's see you Go Aggro on Pretzel here.
  • OOC: Going aggro on Pretzel. Roll+hard. +1XP.
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 5, 4. Total: 12)
  • To Ross:

Pretzel pulls up quick, drops his gun and whip like they'd burn him, and steps back, "Yo, I'm just trying to GTFO." He's avoiding your gaze.

What do you do?
  • I nod back behind him, "You're gunna lead me back the way you came, and if I don't like what I see, GTFO-ing won't be an option. Move."

I'll collect his weapons as we go. If he won't do as he's told, I'll kill him.
  • edited February 2014
    To Ross:

He leads you back the way he was running. You come into an open area with several twisty tunnels leading off every which way. This is like some nexus point.

Go here.