[Snowpocalypse] Stuck and Unstuck (H 3.1)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    From Hadden:

Rossi sure as hell didn't complain. Pretty sure she likes the cock, Handplant, I hate to disappoint. But that don't mean she's on one side of the fence. "Yeah, I think they two are a thing." A thing enough.

Yes, I do check her ass. With permission, thank you.

To Arbor: "Yeah, by the door in case shit goes down with the Skegs and we need to make an entrance." I cock an ear, try to hear what's going on inside. My jacket's unzipped in case I need to pull, but I don't draw until I need to.

I breathe hard, set my mind.
  • To Hadden:

Since Handplant's following your advice... why don't you roll me a Seduce (for her)?
  • [OOC, seduce/manipulate with easy to trust, roll+cool]
    (Rolled: 2d6+3. Rolls: 3, 4. Total: 10)
  • To Hadden:

After a few minutes, Handplant comes sashaying out of Monarchs, Beef Carpaccio following behind, a shit-eating grin on his face. Arbor's right by the door, ready to drop him. CTO is on the other side, just in case.

So Hadden, if you want to chat with Beef right now, here's your chance.

If you want to grab hold of him, with your "gang" here, then roll me a Seize by Force.
  • From Hadden:

It would be so easy.

I say the word, my people move, shit goes down, and four-on-one ain't no odds. I have a quick daymare vision of the fistfight, maybe knifefight, maybe gunfight, maybe someone I'm responsible for gets sliced or shot or silenced. Maybe I'd catch some. But I'd then seize this guy. And then seize answers, either by beating it out of him, shoving a pistol in his face, maybe a bullet to the leg, and was I seriously thinking about dangling him head-first off the truck while Brother Rat sped along?

Is that who I am now?

I think of Poke, getting shotgunned.

I wonder what Molotov is doing right now.

I remember one of those looks I saw Jester give Rossi.

I have a troubled look on my face. Hands in my pockets, hat around my ears, breath whipped away in the wind. Still.

Handplant and Brother Rat may be the only ones who see me like this, if they're looking. Making a choice.

I step up, move forward. In a firm voice, committed: "Beef Carpaccio. It's Hadden. I meet with Genral this night after sundown. I want to deliver their crap back to them, get them to chill the fuck out, and maybe get paid. But it's not under MOCAC any more. I need to know what you know. So I can save my ass and save Chi-Town."
  • To Hadden:

Arbor steps sideways, cutting off Beef from being able to run back inside. CTO's relaxed leaning against a Sked ride, his crossbow out, but aimed down, a bolt nocked, just in case.

Beef blinks a couple times. He sees Nose-pick, narrows his eyes. "What-the-ever-loving-fuck is this? Squirrel sell me out? I didn't do shit!"
  • From Hadden:

"You're not on the hook for this, Beef Carpaccio. I am." I've got almost a sad look to my eyes.
  • To Hadden:

That doesn't jive with Beef. But Nose is here, so he offers, "The deal's done. If the Soulja Boys want it back, they can talk to Kemper. Possession's ten nines of the law n' all."

Handplant's made her way over to you. She's watching Monarchs, just in case, hand on her gun, still in its holster.

What do you do?
  • From Hadden:

"Kemper has it now? Fuck me thrice sideways with a rhinestone-studded yo-yo!" I all but pull my hat off my head and jump on it. "Was it worth it?" I wave my hand at the skyline, like what fool kicks a hornet's nest.

I grab my hat and signal to my crew, like two fingers in a tight circle. "Let's get outta here. Thanks for the lead."
  • To Hadden:

Arbor walks past Beef and CTO slides off the snowmobile to jump in the truck. Beef looks a little relieved. HP walks over to the driver's side, kicks Nose-pick out, gets in.

When everyone's in, you see some Skegs coming out. Dubstep, Hardcase, Japanoise. They're checking out what the what.

"Where to, boss?" HP asks.
  • From Hadden:

I look to the sky, the sun. It's close, an hour, maybe two to sundown? "We don't have time or crew to deal with Kemper right yet."

I nod to the Skegs like, hello nice day. I'm surprised to see Dubstep back with Japanoise. I thought they were off-again? Speaking of threesomes, they are both pretty hawt. Maybe I should've taken Tindy up on her offer...

"Soldier's Field, Handplant. I gotta date with Genral." I look to Brother Rat. "No shame if you want to get dropped off elsewheres." I hope no-one else cuts, but they have an out.
  • To Hadden:

CTO raises an eyebrow, like "and miss out on the pay?". He's staying.

Arbor says, "I'm in." His tone is pretty final, but you get the feeling this isn't just for your benefit. He's got an angle.

Nose-pick says quiet, "Stink's guys killed Footie and hurt Squirrel. And they were all wrapped up in this gennie shit. I'm in." He nods, all solidarity-like.

As you pull out, HP says quiet, "CTO aint a bad pick-up, but I sure as hell miss having Molotov T Gunlugger right about now."

You've got a few hours to do what else you've got on your To Do list.

What do you do?
  • From Hadden:

Yeah, baby. Feels good to have people stick by me.

I match CTO's eyebrow like the night is young. I kind of give Arbor a look like, good deal but I wonder. As for Brother Rat, I feel his pain a little. Makes me glad I din't opt for a beatdown on Beef Carapaccio.

For Handplant, in the truck: "I miss him, too. Not just because badass." I'm silent for a moment, remembering pulling a bullet out of him. It seems like so long ago. "Ya know, Handplant, let's swing by Roxy's, see if Molotov T. Gunlugger will indeed make an appearance in tonight's floorshow."
  • Hadden:

Roxy won't see you, again. She's with Molotov.

Please go here.