[Snowpocalypse] Aftermath (S 3.5)

edited March 2014 in Snowpocalypse
To Silica:

Heading out of Handplant's place to find out what happened to Wonky and his cousin Kwaito.

You pick your spots and walk carefully... first time for everything, right? Well, anyways, there's obviously some other big shit going down. Because it is hot out here, Sil. The air, mostly. And for this time of night, it's pretty bright. Something odd has happened to the south, but you're down in the dirt, no way to see.

After a couple hours, you get to Wonky and Kwaito's cousin's place. The hatch you opened to escape is still open. Snow's fallen down enough to cover part of the hatch, it was never closed.

What do you do?

Comments

• Silica

The hell is going on? Something crazy and bad going on out by the lake, glad I came this way. Is there a fire? Must be a fire... maybe one of the 'scrapers lit up or something like that.

I crouch near the hatch... still open huh? "That ain't good..." i quetly mutter to myself and have to take a few seconds to get psyched up to go inside. Finally I squirm on in, trying not to dislodge too much snow on my way and of course trying to be as silent as possible.

They waiting for me? No... I ain't that big a player right? Whatever happened is done with... I just gotta see.
  • To Silica:

You move down the ladder, not making too much noise. The bolts on the ladder groan a bit, but you hold your breath, and nobody comes running out.

You hit the ground. The only light in here is from above. It's dark in here. Wet, too. Cold, but that's okay with you, right?

What are you using for a light source?
  • Silica

Did that old flashlight have any juice? The one I found on the old soldier? Well... I'll use that... if not... uhh... I don't carry a lighter or anything. Guess I'll use the light from the door, let my eyes adjust if need be and just do my best.

They had light inside right? Lamp or something? Will have to find whatever if it's dark.

• To Silica:

Sure enough, the flashlight works. You shine it around the corridor, walking along the carpets and icy dirt on the ground. You come upon a clump of bodies. You see the female Soulja Boy first, her dead eyes staring at the ceiling. There's a hand around her throat, still choking her with a rictus grip. It's Wonky's. Lying beside both of them is Kwaito. He was shot in the head.

The other Soulja Boy, he's not here. The place has been pillaged. What little stash was here and obvious, is gone.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

My breath comes in deep, nervous bursts as I make my way into the darkness. My eye follows the dim circle of light across the floor, first finding the body of the Soulja girl... which makes me stop... then Wonky and his Kwaito...

"Oh fuck, are you serious?" I say, my voice barely managing. Damn it... I knew it but...

I set the flashlight down so it lights the room and walk over to Wonky's body. I'm covering the bottom half of my face with one hand like I don't want him to see me cry or some shit.

I go to pull Wonky's hand from the girl's throat, tugging gently at first but then I have to pull hard. I slip and fall back, my butt on Wonky's motionless chest. I position his hand at his side and sit there on his big dead chest for a minute... legs on either side... I can still feel it, arms wrapped around him as we rode. I set a palm on him, on the bare cold skin of his chest between my legs. He was so warm... so strong... what, less than a day ago? I just look at his face.... his skin is pale, starting to curl up and dry at the corners... his eyes too wide.

"Damn it Wonky... why'd you have to go and give a shit..." I'd like to pretend I got nothing to do with this but I know better. I'm not quite crying, but my eyes are wet and a trail of moisture creeps down one cheek.

I look at Kwaito. Poor fucker... "you was a good guy, Kwaito... this ain't on you... fuckin' sucks, I know... guess it didn't hurt long, huh?"

I wipe my face with the back of my hand and sniffle and just stay there a couple minutes like that.

That's all I can do.
  • It is. All you can do. Mark their passing, say a few words as they pass on.

It's getting dark out. Been a few hours since you left.

What do you do?
  • Silica

I get to my feet, touch Wonky on the cheek as I stand, my fingers sliding across his skin for the last time.

Grab my gear, get the fuck out of here. Heading back to HP's, same way I came.
  • To Silica:

Even though the sky is darker, there's still that fire light from the south, so it's not too bad out. Smoky, though. Undeniably smoky.

You make it back to Handplant's some time after midnight. Knock on the door, and HP answers. She's been up, probably waiting for you. You don't see K2 behind her. "Hey Silica. C'mon in." She gestures in. The couch has a thin sheet, no big blankets, of course. A pillow, too.

"Everything okay?" she asks, and she means it, it isn't some BS polite thing.
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

I touch the doorframe again as I walk in, hesitating, but I go on in after she urges me.

She asks if everything it ok, I look towards K2's room before answering. Seems like she's asleep, "never..." I answer... that's what I always say. But... it's not funny at all. I walk over to the couch, walking behind it and running a hand along the back of the thing.

"Some big fuckin' fire or something out by the lakeside," I gesture with a tilt of the head... but I'm just making small talk right? But yeah... that's not what she's askin' is it?

Finally I look at her straight, "look... no bullshit, HP, the last guy let me crash at his place is fuckin' dead... shot dead just cause I was 'round there..." I swallow hard, trying to keep calm, "you just... say one word and I'm outta here... never come back ok? I'm not your fuckin' problem. My shit ain't on you... ok? Or Kay..."

I'm very deliberately not sitting down, not getting comfortable yet. If she says the word, I go and don't look back.
  • edited March 2014
    To Silica:

Handplant closes the door when you walk in. She stands near the middle of the room, hands at her sides. She looks, well, smaller somehow. She is dressed down, just wearing a pair of sweatpants and a sleeveless cut-off t-shirt. The t-shirt is black, has a white skull on it wearing glasses, with sharp teeth and no jaw. It's kinda weird. She has a six-pack, by the way.

She listens to you offer to go and she nods. She's always let you say your piece, you realize. She doesn't cut you off, doesn't tell you what to do. "Silica, no offense to your guy, but I doubt he was strapped like I'm strapped. And I doubt he has a camera in the hall, and the locks I've got. Anyone who comes through that door that I don't invite, will get themselves very dead."

She's that you're about to interrupt, and holds up a hand, like "hold on, let me finish". "Even if that weren't the case. Even if somebody is willing to throw a bunch of armament to get at you, I'd still offer. I still mean it, Silica. You can stay here. I want you. To Stay. Here. Alright?"
  • Silica

Yeah I was gonna interrupt, I always do don't I.

I let her finish, but the moment she's done I speak up, "look.... I..." It's not easy to say this kind of shit, "I ain't worth it, H.P. I ain't..." she can see the hurt on my face... you know... how I ran the fuck away while they was dying for me... I just fucking ran away. I look down, away from her eyes, ashamed.

But I don't tell her... don't tell her why, how I ran... I ain't strong enough to say it, "but... if you mean it I'll stick around... 'least 'till things settle... allright?"

I look towards Kay's door for a second, then back to HP's eyes for a flash, then down, "Look I didn't mean to..." I just bite my lip. I didn't mean to fuck your daughter? Is that what I was gonna say... nothin' to say is there.
  • To Silica:

"I mean it." Handplant says. She could say more, but she doesn't.

Then, you look K2's way, and then offer that, apology? Admission? HP gives you a WTF look, then drops her voice and asks with a crooked smile, "You mean... you didn't mean to fuck her?"

She laughs a dry little laugh, "C'mon, Silica. Level with me. You two have been at each other's throats for forever. I used to think maybe there was some kind of attraction, you know, like you couldn't really express yourselves or something. But then, it never turned to anything except what it was. Which wasn't pretty."

She licks her lips, like she's taking a pause on talking. Then, she thinks better of it, and asks, "Was it just sex, Silica? If it was, then so be it." She looks at you like Or was it more?
  • Silica

I look at her, "I mean I shouldn'ta gotten her involved... not now of all times but... I don't know what the fuck it is but it's... it's way more than just... it's way more than nothin' ok?"

I drop my pack on the floor and turn to lean against the back of the couch, my butt against the edge and hands on either side of me, "this is fuckin' weird..." Talking like this I mean. It is.
  • To Silica:

Handplant nods, "More than nothin? That's better than trying to ruin whatever she has with Hadden. So that's good." She heads over to you, reaches up to put a hand on your shoulder, soft. Sort of, well, motherly. "Doesn't have to be weird, Silica. It can be... alright."

But she knows you're still feeling this out, so she doesn't push. "I'm gonna turn in. You need anything?"
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

"No I'm good... this is... this is alright," I use her word, and I smile a little melancholy smile... and almost say more. But instead I just toss a leg over the back of the sofa and slip down onto the bedding, butt first, then lay back. One leg stays flipped up onto the back of the sofa. It'll do...

Maybe I'll open a window once she's sleeping. Maybe not... probably not.

Planning to rest here a sec before washing up a little and stuff... but probably just fall asleep like that... exhausted.
  • To Silica:

You're woken in the middle of the night. Something wet on your ear. Kissing. Someone's kissing your ear. Nibbling now. No words, no whispering, just kissing, now on your neck, a hand sliding the thin sheet down, off your chest.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

I sleep light, toss and turn a lot when it's too warm. If you shared my bed you'd end up with a foot in the small of your back and an elbow to the head. I sleep still as death out in the snow.

What the...

I wake and am assaulted by this... first reaction is fight back and I get a hand up under whoever... must be Kaykay of course... but then I don't like... lash out right? Cause it's HP's house and... yeah.

Instead I curl my hand around her neck, turn my head to the side to let her nibble on my ear or whatever, get my fingers in her hair. She uses something on it, Kaykay, and it smells nice, like her bed.

• To Silica:

The hand that pushed down the thin sheet is trailing down your chest, pausing at your nipple, fingers circling, palm rubbing gently until it hardens a bit. Mouth still nibbling on your neck, moving up to your ear. "Sssilly," K2 whispers, her breath warm. "You came back."
  • Silica

Touching my nipples like that makes me hiss softly through my teeth and kind of sink down into the sofa. One foot on the floor now and the other out straight.

I whisper back, my right hand on her shoulder and neck. I feel her little motions as she moves her head to nibble on me, "course I did... said so didn't I?" This feels risky, I mean... her mom's door is right there. Kind of exciting... a sort of exciting I don't usually feel.

I raise my other hand to her waist, and then up under her shirt to feel her skin... she's... great. It still hurts though... something in me hurts just a little whenever I touch her... but it's not enough to stop me, not nearly.
  • To Silica:

"Did you," K2 whispers in your ear, "Come back for me? Maybe you did, hunh? Do you deserve a little reward?" Her fingers keep tracing around your nipple, rolling it a little once, then letting go.

Her shirt is thin, soft. She's not wearing a bra, you feel that much. She nibbles your ear again, waiting for your answer, even though she knows.
  • Silica

My head's turned slightly into the cushions of the sofa. You know... I don't feel that much like I deserve a reward... you know what I was probably dreaming about, you know the last guys I fucked right? Where he is now... where I was a couple hours ago.

"I don't..." I say softly... gonna say more but she's teasing the shit out of me with those fingers and instead I just make this little cooing sound of pleasure. Nobody does that kind of thing with me... like ever. So I've got this heavy shit on my mind but I'm also getting turned on, breathing a little harder... like my nightmares are fighting against her but she's winning.

I raise one leg up, brushing against her thigh and pressing up near the warmth between her legs.

"I missed you...." I repeat quietly... didn't I say that before? Fuck it... don't think of anything... Silica... just this.
  • To Silica:

Her hand stops moving on your breast, relaxes, palm just below. She's breathing in your ear, not hot breaths, just like she's waiting. Or maybe, just savoring.

"Missed me?" she repeats back, as a question, soft, in your ear. K2 sounds pleased. Thrilled, really. You hear the words, but what's more, you feel her. Not her thoughts, but like, her emotions. Her desire. Her reaching out to you, right now. You're someone who could be hers. She wants you to want her, just her. You know she's selfish, Silica.

K2 moves closer, her mouth seeking yours in the dark. Lips, then tongue, probing. Her hand moves again, trailing across to your side, down to your hip, nails lightly scratching flesh. She's pushing your clothes down. She's going to seduce you. If this counts.

What do you do?
  • Silica

We kiss, here in the dark on her mom's couch... yeah she's got a hold of me... she's made me want her. I don't know if this is right, if this is real... but right now, I fucking want it more than anything.

She's totally in charge, too... I've hated her so long, but the truth is she's always had the most. Every time there was a guy we liked.. he'd choose her. She has the better family (no really?) and the better home... she's probably smarter than me... ok, well... better educated ok? Is it my fault nobody taught me anything not involving fucking or fucked up shit my father did to people... lessons I've tried hard to forget.

Ok, sure I'd say I'm better out on the streets but what a fucking disaster that's been right? I'm in her place here... I'd probably never admit it out loud but with our bodies talking... K2 fuckin' owns me.

Turns out she's better at this too isn't she? I got nothing to teach her now... fuck.

She gets me naked... my body is hers.
  • To Silica:

K2 disappears in the dark, but you know right where she is. She's taking her time now, not rushing, showing you all the things. All the things she's learned from someone else. It's heavenly, isn't it?

What's more, you feel her arousal somehow. At first, it's imagining, you think. But then, there are little moments that sync up too right. You can't be just pretending, you feel her desire for you, her delight in your panting, your quiet little moans. It sets up this tiny echo. You feel what she does, respond to it. It thrills her, which you then feel. Your body reacts to it, then the cycle continues. It's incredible.

At one point, the pleasure is almost too much to bear. Your fucking eyes cross and you're arching your back, trying to find just the right angle. A guttural moan escapes you, from deep in your throat. You didn't even know it was coming. K2 giggles, a little giggle of pride.

That's when you open your eyes, looking out into the hall, the dark hall, just to make sure. Did she hear? Does she know? What would she do? "Break it up"? Kick you out? Kick you both out?

Another pair of eyes are watching you. In the dark, but not so dark you can't just see their outline. A shadow within shadows. Not HP. It's Hitec. She's watching you, Silica. You and K2, her former lover.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

The sex... I'm feeling her body... this kind of slow, luscious fucking is totally new to me... I try to get into it, make her feel good, too. It's still weird.. I touch her like I might break something, tentative... but eventually i get bolder, try licking her breasts, feeling her warm wetness down below.

And yeah, I keep lookin' at the door... every sound is a moment of slight panic... why am I so worried about Handplant? She knows... she already fucking knows. And it's not like nobody's seen me do... terrible shit before. Like on the fucking pier... I've had to go down on a guy in front of his buddies, or get fucked on a nasty old mattress in front of a room full of shitbags.... just to get by you know? It happens.... sometimes.

But then I see those eyes watching us... I'm breathing hard, clinging to Kaykay with an arm around her body and a hand in her hair holding her to me. Those eyes... I look back, she knows I see... but you know what? I don't fucking care.

I stare back for a good couple of seconds before raising my hand just enough to shoot Hitec the fuckin' bird with a toothy little smile.... like... I know you're watchin' is all... I'm not being too serious about it. But then I just kiss Kay Kay again like nobody's there.

Fuck her ok? She's as dirty as we are in this... she ain't got no right to judge.
  • To Silica:

You feel her there, seething. She hates you, Silica. She could understand Kay Kay backing off because of her mom, but fucking you, right here? Unacceptable. You're just trouble, you need to go.

After a little bit, you don't see her, or feel her or whatever, anymore.

K2 slides up, her face sticky wet with you, giggling happy with what a mess she's made of you. Do you kiss her?

"Silly," K2 whispers in your ear. "I hafta sleep in my bed soon. But I'm really glad you came back."
  • Silica

Well that kinda puts a little tarnish on things doesn't it. Fuck her, she wants to fuck with me? Let her. Not like I'm staying that long anywa..... wait... the fuck am I thinking?

I kiss her, sure I do, giggling... but then I squirm out from under her to find my clothes, quietly whispering, "yeah... me too... but ok all this fuckin' huggin' and shit is goin' a little far dont'cha think?" I giggle in the dark... yeah it is... all in fun.

But I keep looking at Hitec's door. Fuck... nothin's ever easy.
  • To Silica:

K2 slaps your arm playfully, whispering back, "Yeah, well. Call it an extended grudge fuck. Whatever. Just take it, you little bitchy thing you." She kisses your chin, then your nose. Then, she's sliding back off you, rising up.

Did she climax this time, Silica? Or was it all you, again?

Do you stop her? Say anything in parting?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

But yeah... I took care of her this time, like I said right? Little nervous but I turn things around, surprise her. Get her on her back and kinda go for it. I'm not exactly sexually inhibited you know, just... gettin' over a learning curve here.

Ok the kissing is gettin' to me a little bit and I flinch a bit when she pecks me on the nose and the chin... dunno if she notices and it actually makes me tense up a hand.. like... reflex or something. But it's... so... I dunno... you know I don't like when people touch me and... the sex is amazing but that just feels kinda intrusive.

Maybe I'm just not comfortable being here yet... or maybe... fuck... no no, this is good.

When she gets up to go I don't stop her... just slip out and pull my legs up onto the sofa, sitting for a couple minutes.

Just gotta get my shit together before I sleep... it's fucking hot in here.
  • To Silica:

Kay Kay leaves, and it gets a bit colder. A bit lonelier.

Do you go back to sleep? You are pretty damn tired.
  • Silica

Sleep with one eye open? Yeah.... doesn't feel quite so safe in here any more... eyes in the fuckin' dark.
  • To Silica:

You feel her presence again, in the darkened hallway, Silica. It's been maybe half an hour. She's watching you, but not moving out of the hall, not speaking to you.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

Shit... allright. So what is it now bitch? Just for makesure's glance down. My pack is near the sofa, my gear in there. My iron... fuck why didn't I sleep with it? It's ok... just arm's length... and she's not gonna jump me in her own home right?

I quietly watch back for a minute. She just sittin' there? Fuckin serious... I almost laugh... almost... I don't. This isn't funny. Well no sleep for me tonight.

Then I sit up at the same time reaching over the arm of the sofa to grab my pack and sit it on the seat next to me. Then I pull one leg up on the sofa and keep the other on the floor. Ready to move if I need to. So I'm at one end of the sofa, my bag between me and the arm rest. I don't keep my hand on it, instead wrap my arms around my one raised knee and lean my head on them. Keep an eye on that hall.

Fuck you too. If she sits there forever I might say somethin.
  • To Silica:

The bitch is patient, you have to give her that. She waits there for what feels like half an hour? Moving when she breathes, but otherwise still, watching you.

"Silica," Hitec's voice issues from her in a soft tone. So odd when you just know what she wants to say. "You shouldn't take advantage of her like that. She's just a sheltered kid. She's... not like you." Her tone isn't judgmental or hateful. She doesn't know that you know what she feels. She doesn't know for sure that you know what she's done.

"Handplant is a good person, Silica. So is K2." Hitec says this in case you didn't know. But you know, don't you? Well, K2's a good person now. "They'll try to help you out. They mean well. But you and I both know it won't work out. You'll just crash here for a bit, until something comes up and you move on. Or... until somebody comes looking for you."

She pauses, lets that sink in.
  • Silica

She's touching some nerves... you know, I might almost agree with her until the end.

I stand up and walk a couple steps towards the hall. Yeah I talk back, a harsh little whisper "That's such bullshit! You're the one let me in the fuckin' door, right?" I point at her, punctuating my sentence. "Didn't I tell you? You said come the fuck in..."

But her words still burn, I drop my arms to my sides. I start out calm but I my voice raises by the end, "but yeah... yeah so what... maybe you're right... whaddya want me to do huh? Walk out the door and go fuckin' die somewhere?"

I gesture at the door, probably speaking a little too loud now, "that make you happy?"
  • To Silica:

Hitec closes the distance between you quickly. She isn't rushing you, hands up to do violence, but I'm sure you prepare for it. "Keep quiet," she hisses. "You aren't going out to die. Handplant laid it on thick to get you to stay, you dumb little shit. I let you in the door for her, but I didn't think we were taking in strays. Especially not ones who fuck my daughter, twice. Then insult me after eating the food I gave them, you ungrateful little bitch."

She hisses a breath, before she raises her own voice. "I've got jingle. You can sleep at Backside Misty's until things blow over, or whatever." She shows you three stamps, which you can just make out in the dark. "Just take it. Don't be here in the morning. Save us all some trouble." She flips the stamps down onto the couch, near where you were lying, then turns to go back to bed.

What do you do?
  • Silica

She comes at me, which yeah makes me flinch and stumble backwards a step, trip over something and almost lose my feet in the darkness. But I catch myself on the edge of the couch. I try to interject a couple times but only manage to make a couple of lame complaintive sounds. When she calls me a bitch I even raise a hand half up, like I'm gonna do something... but she keeps on talking.

I'm hot, burning up on the inside and panting like a cornered animal. I hate her.... I hate that she's right. Fucking totally right about me and it fuckin' hurts to hear it put so plain. I wanna jump that bitch as she walks away... this is how I made Kaykay bleed years ago... this same feeling.

Soon as she turns her back on me I all but growl at her, an intense little loud whisper through clenched teeth, "you're not fuckin' better than me..."

Does Hitec turn? Stop? Look? "You want me gone cause I'm dangerous? Fine... fuck you... I'll fuckin' go out that door if that's the way it is... but don't gimme this bs that you give a shit about what's good for your fuckin' daughter..."

I look at K2's door, then back at her... all but calling her out for what I know she did.
  • To Silica:

Hitec stops. When you make that veiled insult about her daughter, she turns around, "Silica... if you took five minutes to actually talk to someone, rather than spew your vulgar mouth, you might know what I give a shit about. But you don't. You don't listen to anyone. We both know you're going to bail. Just do it now before she gets any more attached." She moves a couple steps closer, her voice hissing with irritation, "She's a sweet person. Don't drag her down with you. Just take the stamps. GTFO. Get me?"
  • Silica

Slowly I turn around and collect the stamps from the couch and stick them in my pocket. I toss my pack from the sofa over near the door where it can wait for me, all the while looking at Hitec, who is no doubt watching.

I'm not going to fuckin' disappear into the night without a word. No... no way. Ok? I didn't come back here just for... whatever the fuck happened.

I stand with my eyes on Hitec for a second then suddenly I bolt... not running, but fast walking, to Kaykay's bedroom door. I don't know if she keeps it locked or not, but I'm pretty sure it's unlocked right now. Pretty sure.

I'm going right in.
  • edited March 2014
    To Silica:

The move takes Hitec by surprise. She reaches out, tries to grab you, but you're slight, too quick. She hisses after you, "You stupid little..."

K2's door swings open, makes a bit of noise, a hinge creak. K2 is under all her covers, snuggled up with a pillow in her arms. You see this because she has a small candle lit. The flames are sputtering, it's burned down to a third of the wax, does that quiet fsst fsst, smoky thing before candles go out.

Her eyes open to slits, and she looks out at you, starting to slowly rise. You feel Hitec moving up behind you.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

I really don't have a clue what to say or do as I break and run into Kaykay's room, and she's chasing me? There's this child-like thrill that rises up in me, like we're a couple of kids getting one over on an adult... but in this case the danger may be very real. I don't know what Hitec's gonna do... I don't know what I'm gonna do.

That one little candle seems really bright... there's a big stupid smile on my face. Without thinking, I skip over to the bed and jump up so sit on top of Kaykay's tummy, leg on either side of her body. I get my face close to hers, hands gently on her shoulders... what am I gonna do? I don't even fuckin' know.

"Think I better say goodnight, Kaykay...", and I lean down to quickly kiss her on the lips... just lasts a second... then I pull back to look at her sleep fuckin' face... damn... dunno what Hitec's gonna do but hey at least I got a second.
  • To Silica:

You bound over to K2's bed and hop up on top of her. She gasps in surprise when you land on her, and she starts to move, like part of her might still think something's wrong? But then your hands are on her shoulders and her worry melts away, and it's just. Just a happy, unexpected moment.

Her eyes widen when you kiss her. You feel an expectant rise in her, fighting past the slumber befuddling her mind. She leans up slightly to kiss back, but you've already moved away, talking down to her.

"Mmmn... more kissy," she mumbles with a dopey grin as a yawn catches her. You glance over to the hall, see Hitec. She's glaring at you. But the doorway is like some barrier, she isn't coming in after you. Her arms crossed, she hasn't moved. K2 hasn't seen her yet.

What do you do?
  • Silica

I lean down close, if I weren't in such a serious state of mind I'd probably laugh at her stupidy face... but... yeah.

"Hey," I start, a more serious tone, shaking my head. "Look... things are... weird... ok? I don't think I can stick around any more... until... until things settle down... for real all right?" I look towards the door where Hitec is silently watching.

"But... Kaykay I'm so happy we don't hafta' hate each other no more... we ain't done... ok? You totally fuckin' blew my mind, girl..." I laugh, a little appreciative laugh... fuck she did... "I ain't just runnin' away this time... ok?"
  • To Silica:

K2's eyes open wide when you say things are weird and you can't stick around anymore. She whimpers a tiny bit, but doesn't interrupt. She swallows, looking up at you, her expression shocked.

"No..." she manages to get out, softly, powerless. She knows once you've made up your mind, you stick to it, whatever the it is.

Then, like her senses expand, looking for some external pressure, she looks past you, into the hall. She sees Hitec. Her eyes narrow and she says loudly at her, voice almost a growl, "You fuckin bitch! What the fuck did you do?!?"

"I offered her somewhere else to sleep, Kay." Hitec says, her voice sort of pleading.

K2 shoots a look back to you, Silica. "What did she really do? Are you okay?"

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

I look over at Hitec when she speaks up, then back at Kaykay, sitting up, still over her middle.

"Well she didn't draw iron on my skiny ass," I say, trying to be funny... lighten the mood or something... though this obviously sucks. Sittin' here on top of her, on her bed, feelin' her feels and smellin' her smells... something in that calms me.

I swing a leg over to sit on the edge of the bed next to K2, one hand still on her shoulder up against her neck. I rub her cheek gently and look towards Hitec. "She tell me how it is, ok? Like it or not there's people out there gunnin' for me... shouldn't bring my shit to your house... allright? I... I can't pretend it ain't like it is..."

I look at Hitec, "you know you mighta saved my life lettin' me in... Kaykay I was losin' my mind out there, thought I didn't have a fuckin' friend in the world... fuck... we known each other longer than just about anyone... right?"
  • To Silica:

K2 sits up, moves in behind you, hand on your back. "Yeah, Silly. We've been friends for a long time." She kisses your shoulder, "Don't go."

You hear a door open, down the hall. Sounds like HP's up. Hitec moves out of the door, obviously to intercept her. There's some hushed conversation between them.

"Don't go." K2 repeats, her voice quiet, a little sad.
  • Silica

The door and stuff gets my attention, we may not have much time until... whatever happens, happens.

"Not sure I'd say friends..." I joke, tilting my head to touch hers, she's at my shoulder, "but we sure as shit been something..."

I turn to face her, "look I can't stay here forever... livin' in a nice house like this... I ain't never had much of what you'd call a life.. you know? You gave me a taste of something' good here... I like it... but it ain't me... you know? Doesn't mean I disappear or nothin' ok..." I cup her cheek in my hand, she feels so warm.. I must feel like ice.

"I'll always be around..."

• To Silica:

"Okay," K2 admits glumly, "Not friends. Maybe not even now. But there's something." She doesn't ask it, she declares it.

She turns her face to kiss the palm of your hand, your cold hand, "I won't cage you up, Silly. I've been caged up, it'll just make you hate me." She turns her head back to you, moves in for a kiss, pushing her tongue past your lips, protesting or not. Her right hand slides around your back, just holding you close for a moment.

Someone clears their throat. K2 pulls back, slowly, you both look over to see Handplant. She's standing there, arms crossed, wearing the same outfit she was in earlier when she answered the door. "Need a lift, Silica? I can take you to Hadden. He's a real pansie this early in the morning, though." Her tone is congenial, not really tired, not angry, either. Hitec's not behind her, she's gone.

What do you do?
  • edited March 2014
    Silica

Kaykay makes that declaration, and yeah... it feels right. She can say that, how can I argue?

I even smile as she talks about how that would cage me up... which opens me up for that kiss. Yeah, this is good.. I kiss her back, though... taken by surprise I'm pretty awkward at it.

HP interrupts and I pull away, wiping my mouth with the back of a hand.

No bullshit, I answer, "yeah... yeah that'd be good."

She doesn't have a truck or something does she?
  • To Silica:

HP nods, "Get dressed, Silica. I just need a couple minutes." She gives you a curt nod, then some meaningful look at her daughter, and heads down the hall.

As soon as she's gone, K2 pulls you back to her for a steamy goodbye kiss. But the promises of not disappearing, that you did come back tonight, and maybe the power she seems to have on you now, it feels like its enough for her.

When you come up for air, she whispers, "Don't stay away long, Silly. I'll make it worth coming back forrrr." She giggles, and kisses your nose.

What do you do?
  • SiIica

I nod to HP, she's still being decent as fuck to me, which is surprising, and I'll remember. Don't take me long to get dressed, its dark so I'll wear my jeans, Owly shirt, the usual tennis.

But Kaykay gives me that kiss... which kind of blows me away... do all girls kiss like this? Don't think about it... she kisses my nose, which is fucking embarrassing as shit. I hope she never does that when anyone's looking. Its right there between cute and fuckin' annoying.

She's awakened this intense curiosity in me... but you know what? I'm in her head, too, right? Not in a good way either... but... seriously, nothing bad happened. Why? After she parts from the kiss I just look at her in a slightly astonished way. I don't know what she is... but she's something.

"I'll seeya 'round the 'hood Kaykay. You probably want to keep our sleepover on the quiet, right?" I stand and go to get changed and get my gear. Nothing else to say, just keep cool and don't make a big thing out of it... goodbyes suck.
  • --END SCENE--